Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TR9, concept art!!!

Exclamation TR9, concept art!!! ***SPOILERS!!!***

Is this for real?? I can hardly believe it...

I am on my knees and praying that this is fake. Dual pistol wielding adventurer extraordinaire will become a hunter with a bow?

Apparently, all Crystal haters are happy about it though. Go figure. Oh yes, I see it now - she has a braid. Of course, that makes everything better.

I've seen this already and to be honest I don't think it's real (that's why I didn't post about it ^.^; ).

I could be wrong though, but for now I'm sticking with my guns and I'm not believing it.

WHAT IN HELL IS THAT?????
    OMG it will be m rated...omg im hyped and lost for words...how tr ended up like this crap???

Of course it's just a rumor. But who knows, it looks pretty real for me.

I agree Treeble. I don't really like the idea of young (small boobs) inexprienced (no dual pistols) Lara, and by the way, I don't see her braid on those pics, just a short (very short) ponytail.

I like the idea of a spooky island though. Survival elements are also nice and these enemies look really scary!

Something tells me (hope that that's not true) that they want to connect the next TR with the TR movie (you know about the origins of Lara Croft).

I actually kinda like it

um... this seems to remind me of robin hood ha ha... but if the plot is true, then yes indeed, eidos aren't good at keeping things secret, you know what... maybe this is what eidos planned before square enix bought the tomb raider game and couldn't make it go any further because they no longer had rights over it exactly... but, if it is.... hmmm... it sounds ok, but i won't keep my hopes up, it's probably a fake trying to get loads of people excited, i am actually beginning to consider aod being continued since i have seen the cinematics today... (some).
    signature image

oh hell no!!!!! Lara doesn't look like Lara!!

Some things are interesting, but I agree Lara doesn't look like herself here, she looks older than TRU lara considering she is meant to be young. The no dual pistols thing didn't work before so why would they do it again?

Plus she already has an origin and backstory, that was what TRL, TRA and TRU were about, unless they plan on creating alternate TR universes with every new story arc! Dunno, i don't believe it, this could have easily bee thrown together.

Still the base story sounds good it it is true and i like the sound of the leaping across huge chasms! I also like the using things you find to traverse like rope etc. Considering that CD have insisted on burdening Lara with endless kit in the past it would make a nice change to go back to basics and use what you find.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

http://kotaku.com/5312553/rumor-tomb...details-leaked

seems like this is really true....
    I read she will be on a Japan again, with zombie-creatures so we have new "silent hill" and "Siren:blood course"

Japan, Square Enix and Silent Hill atmosphere... hmm... coincidence?

what se has to understand is that the franchise needs to move forward...what will they gain from rebooting it a thousand times?only bore the funs....oh and i wonder why the island is japanese.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5312553/rumor-tomb...details-leaked

seems like this is really true....
    I read she will be on a Japan again, with zombie-creatures so we have new "silent hill" and "Siren:blood course"
    I still may not be, the first word on that page is 'Rumour' and Eidos have neither confirmed nor denied it yet so....
    Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    Japan, Square Enix and Silent Hill atmosphere... hmm... coincidence?
    Well Lara is a traveler so I guess SE can get away with bringing TR to Japan and boost their own counties appeal, plus there are some freaky Japanese legends that they will be able to exploit better than westerners. I like the slight horror idea, i think horror could work for TR, how many times were you scare out of your wits in early TR games,it was fab!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

ITS M ITS M ITS M ITS M ITS M ITS M..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ITS M rated

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    Well Lara is a traveler so I guess SE can get away with bringing TR to Japan and boost their own counties appeal, plus there are some freaky Japanese legends that they will be able to exploit better than westerners. I like the slight horror idea, i think horror could work for TR, how many times were you scare out of your wits in early TR games,it was fab!

Oh yeah, I will give you that. The classic TRs were really scary! TR1 for example, atlantean creatures and their screams were creepy. As far as the Crystal's games are concerned, Underworld was the scariest one with the thralls and spiders.

Horror elements in TR9 are definetely a good idea. That's why it may be M rated, and that also means there will be a lot of blood. I'm getting really excited

Look at those monsters, they're friggin awesome!

I also like how she looks there and the talk about open-world and revamped combat!

I am less excited about the bow and were are the two guns?

@ chriss99 me too actually, the more i think about it, the more the concept grows on me. I'm not keep on the bow or the Lara model but hey, its not a clear pic and its early days.

However I hope with the inclusion of free world roaming it is more structured than other games, i recently played fallout 3 and there was no direction of what to do or where to go to the point of boredom.

I think this may be the medicine TR seems to need right now!

i ve said many times before that tr needs to pass to the sandbox era...it seems my wishes will come true eventually..but the bow sux,laras looks suck,the monsters look kinda good but i dont want tr to become a horro gane nonetheless

its still early days though querty, things can change. Plus i'm betting Eidos will be waiting for the negative lash back. By the looks of it they wont be getting much but about the box and Lara's look so they may change them.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    @ chriss99 me too actually, the more i think about it, the more the concept grows on me. I'm not keep on the bow or the Lara model but hey, its not a clear pic and its early days.

However I hope with the inclusion of free world roaming it is more structured than other games, i recently played fallout 3 and there was no direction of what to do or where to go to the point of boredom.

I think this may be the medicine TR seems to need right now!
    My thoughts exactly.

I'm starting to wonder if my PC will be able to handle this game I know it's a bit early to speak about this but open worlds usually require strong hardware.

Can't be worse than re-hashing the same formula for the ninth time.

The first two look cool, and also like they have just stepped out of a tree, the third one looks a bit like a younger version of the girl from the ring!

No, I don't like it too much.
    I like the creature designs, but Lara...

Ugh.
    No offense to anyone here, but I'm starting to lose hope in this series.
    Not just over this concept art either, but a multitude of things.
    Let's hope that whenever the next game comes out, that'll change.

EDIT: On the bright side, I see a nice big shiny "M" gracing the description.
    Hope regained...

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast