Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: TR9, concept art!!!

To be honest, I'm really confused with peoples' reactions. To be honest, I like the idea of open world TR, I like the idea of this Japanese myth thing that seems to be happening. ITs says its an origins story but that basically means that this story is what made Lara want to adventure. I don't like the bow that needs to go, and the Lara model really needs work she looks more like Rubi from WET!

However this is clearly a big change and one that will get a lot of attention, its not just a reboot like legend was its taking the franchise to a whole new level of gameplay, which not so long ago everyone was saying it needed to do, but now it actually has those people are outraged that it has changes. You can't have your cake and eat it people. Now people are saying that people who don't like the old TR formula will go 'that's not TR' well surely that's the point? Its different to attract new players. Just because they are doing this doesn't mean they are disregarding the classic fans. Despite what people say, I think everyone including Eidos know that changing TR enough to lose the hard core fanbase would lose them more fans than they would make. Also this 'I don't like the fact that its all in one island, that's not TR' bit, erm hello TR4 all in Egypt and TRAOD, all in Europe! The monsters interest me, they look nothing like silent hill monsters, they look more like woodland creatures, plus even if they are zombies how is that any different to mummy's or walking skeletons they're all the living dead people!

All i'm saying is, this story has a lot of potential, yes some things clearly need to change like Lara's look and that stupid bow, but give it a chance until it unfolds more. Plus toby Gard is head of this project so that should give some people re-assurance!

plus she doesn't have a whip... they're all the same pick we've seen earlier in the thread nothing new!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Ok, I have read about another rumor. On the 28th of May 2009 an anonymous person registered the domain tombraiderorigins.com

You remember how Eidos did the same thing shortly after TRU was announced. So, could it be? Tomb Raider 9: Origins

source: http://www.laracroft.pl/

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    Ok, I have read about another rumor. On the 28th of May 2009 an anonymous person registered the domain tombraiderorigins.com

You remember how Eidos did the same thing shortly after TRU was announced. So, could it be? Tomb Raider 9: Origins

source: http://www.laracroft.pl/
    Something tells me this game is a direct tie in to the third tomb raider movie,its just too much of a coincidence Video games based on movies are always atrocious

hmmmm.... i am beginning to think this may be a story board for tomb raider origins movie maybe? Maybe not, i have just completed my drawing of the tr9 concept lara croft, but i took away the bow because it makes her seem like robin hood, everyhting else is there though... i am now trying to think of one where lara might be running from those creatures. (remind me of alien vs predator).
    signature image

Okay, let us clear the air.

-There are guns! You can clearly see that she has guns (or at least one) in the concept art.
    -Concept Art is not final! They remove and edit a lot of stuff in games when they make it, who says they won't do it here?
    -You do no we aren't the only Tomb Raider forums on the net right? There's Tomb Raider Forums and they all pretty much love it. It's pretty much what most Tomb Raider fans have been wanting!

PS. And they have more members than us.
    What Really Matters Is Being Yourself, And If That Includes Slowly Killing Then Eating Every Boy At Your School, Well Than I Say Do It.

Quote Originally Posted by oraclebop View Post
    Okay, let us clear the air.

-There are guns! You can clearly see that she has guns (or at least one) in the concept art.
    -Concept Art is not final! They remove and edit a lot of stuff in games when they make it, who says they won't do it here?
    -You do no we aren't the only Tomb Raider forums on the net right? There's Tomb Raider Forums and they all pretty much love it. And they have more members than us.
    Yup there's many that love it and there's many that hate it as well. It's the typical pattern for anything

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    Something tells me this game is a direct tie in to the third tomb raider movie,its just too much of a coincidence Video games based on movies are always atrocious
    I have the same feeling. God forbid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    I have the same feeling. God forbid!!!
    But as you can see, they're focusing on the game more then the movie.
    What Really Matters Is Being Yourself, And If That Includes Slowly Killing Then Eating Every Boy At Your School, Well Than I Say Do It.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    Yup there's many that love it and there's many that hate it as well. It's the typical pattern for anything
    Me too, like you say though Josh you are never gonna please all the TR fans. I'm keen to see how this works out but I hope its not tied in with the film.

Besides the fact that the first 2 were a heap of crap, which doesn't lead to optimism for the third, and that marriage between games and movies is generally an abomination, the thought of this game being based on the movie makes me lose what positive thinking i had for it!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    Me too, like you say though Josh you are never gonna please all the TR fans. I'm keen to see how this works out but I hope its not tied in with the film.

Besides the fact that the first 2 were a heap of crap, which doesn't lead to optimism for the third, and and marriage between games and movies is generally an abomination it the thought of this game being based on the movie makes me lose what positive thinking i had for it!
    Yeah its just too much of a coincidence as I stated in a few posts above me.

-Movie is said to be about Lara's origins
    -Movie is said to be young Lara
    -Movie is rumored/was rumored starring Megan Fox

This was a month or so ago,before any of this concept was leaked and now

-Game is about Lara's origins
    -Game is about young Lara
    -Lara kinda resembles Megan Fox a little

I might be looking too much into it but its far too similar to what we've heard the last few months.

Over 100 posts in less than 2 days. Maybe that's a record.

The Lara's look changes seem unpopular so that probably shouldn't happen. I am a bit worried that all these new idea's are just bringing forth another AOD in terms of fan reaction. The general feeling here shows it. I just read all the text and ideas and think they are quite a bit out. Lot of work to do.

maybe.. it's all the tomb raider games in one... think about it. origins (if that is true) then surely it might go back to tr1, maybe she'll do flashback levels, you'll replay some levels from old games, or maybe just a general flashback of a cinematic but better animation...
    the aod story line is growing on me, it ends weirdly and i never played the game, but i'd like to see something that happened after aod if it is an origins.
    like, her biting her lip and tears down her cheek because of kurtis, she feels a hand on her shoulder, glances at it and slowly turns to see a bent over kurtis, clearly in pain. and they stare at each other, and kiss... maybe that's too soppy, but wouldn't that be cool... and maybe something beforew the legend story. like, kurtis says he can't be with her anymore, he can't help her get excalibur. that could be why lara hesitates before jumping off the cliff side and does a handstand up the ledge.

edit: Hey, what if lara is on the japan island, but every now and again she flashbacks to her past while she's on her journey to escape the island, and you have to do certain levels, and it makes sense as it goes along, so there's a plot as to why she's on the island.... kind of confusing like that film with george clooney in and that narnia white witch lady in....
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
    Over 100 posts in less than 2 days. Maybe that's a record.
    When I last saw similar topic on TRF there were over 66 pages in the thread.

To be honest, I'm really confused with peoples' reactions. To be honest, I like the idea of open world TR, I like the idea of this Japanese myth thing that seems to be happening. ITs says its an origins story but that basically means that this story is what made Lara want to adventure. I don't like the bow that needs to go, and the Lara model really needs work she looks more like Rubi from WET!

However this is clearly a big change and one that will get a lot of attention, its not just a reboot like legend was its taking the franchise to a whole new level of gameplay, which not so long ago everyone was saying it needed to do, but now it actually has those people are outraged that it has changes. You can't have your cake and eat it people. Now people are saying that people who don't like the old TR formula will go 'that's not TR' well surely that's the point? Its different to attract new players. Just because they are doing this doesn't mean they are disregarding the classic fans. Despite what people say, I think everyone including Eidos know that changing TR enough to lose the hard core fanbase would lose them more fans than they would make. Also this 'I don't like the fact that its all in one island, that's not TR' bit, erm hello TR4 all in Egypt and TRAOD, all in Europe! The monsters interest me, they look nothing like silent hill monsters, they look more like woodland creatures, plus even if they are zombies how is that any different to mummy's or walking skeletons they're all the living dead people!

All i'm saying is, this story has a lot of potential, yes some things clearly need to change like Lara's look and that stupid bow, but give it a chance until it unfolds more. Plus toby Gard is head of this project so that should give some people re-assurance!

plus she doesn't have a whip... they're all the same pick we've seen earlier in the thread nothing new!
    that rocked....well said

hey who said it's a whip! it might be a rope for climbing instead of a grapple... before she had a grapple... i dunno, origins?
    signature image

Hey if it's TR:Origins, maybe we will meet Lara's father. You know, he will eventually pick her up from that island. Who would have though, we already know the ending.

It's a grapple. Well, at least it better be!!

You know, Even if it's open world, doesn't mean that it won't be divided into levels. Like Chapter Based.

And about the Bow and Arrow, Hello?! Didn't we have a Crossbow? Isn't that almost like a Bow and Arrow?

I'm also liking the horse. It will probably run in like a couple of levels, be a replacement for a Motorcycle.

It's Crystal Dynamics. They won't change what they know fans love about the series. They don't wanna take that risk.

Actually this whole plot is one big risk. As was a female lead in a video game in 1996.

So we should just wait and root for them!

I don't like the bow that needs to go, and the Lara model really needs work she looks more like Rubi from WET!
    ---
    However this is clearly a big change and one that will get a lot of attention, its not just a reboot like legend was its taking the franchise to a whole new level of gameplay, which not so long ago everyone was saying it needed to do, but now it actually has those people are outraged that it has changes.
    ---
    All i'm saying is, this story has a lot of potential, yes some things clearly need to change like Lara's look and that stupid bow, but give it a chance until it unfolds more.
    Fromt the little we've seen so far, I can say I am happy with the change I've been advocating. Exept for the bow.... I guess we all agree on that.

i only want the game to take place in an open world(the plot doesnt concern me at the mom i know its gonna be AAA because sq enix always invents great stories)..and i know that after the whole bashing about her looks they will eventually change her or she will look different in-game

edit:jurre that signature kicks acc

you know what... if this game sells, if it has a dark atmosphere, it'd attract a lot more people. underworld advert just didn't show any gameplay... what is open world? where you just roam free... kinda like assasins creed?
    signature image

This is their goal, to attract more people. When Legend was released new TR fans appeared and the game became the fastest selling TR game ever. I bet it'll work this time as well, whether it's still Tomb Raider and whether Lara is still Lara.

you know what i think? the guns are behind her back instead of the front, to the right of her waist (concept where she's on the horse) there is her grapple out, she has jeans, a very short pony tail, boots, vest top, rope... i think it looks brilliant! mmm, my mums cake smell is drifting up my nose.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    you know what... if this game sells, if it has a dark atmosphere, it'd attract a lot more people. underworld advert just didn't show any gameplay... what is open world? where you just roam free... kinda like assasins creed?
    Generally yeah, Open world usually means that its free roam,meaning its an open world that you are free to explore and check out. But if everyone remembers they said part of Tomb Raider would be free to roam at one point but it was proven false when people actually played it. So I'm not sure what to believe really

Also lets hope its not like assassins creed, not a bad game by any means, but it just got repetitive

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    edit:jurre that signature kicks acc
    Wow, thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    that rocked....well said
    Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    hey who said it's a whip! it might be a rope for climbing instead of a grapple... before she had a grapple... i dunno, origins?
    Agreed, in the text below the screens it says you will use things you find like rope to conquer the environment around you. It makes sense that you will be using a rope as a grapple replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by oraclebop View Post
    It's a grapple. Well, at least it better be!!

You know, Even if it's open world, doesn't mean that it won't be divided into levels. Like Chapter Based.
    And about the Bow and Arrow, Hello?! Didn't we have a Crossbow? Isn't that almost like a
    Bow and Arrow?
    I'm also liking the horse. It will probably run in like a couple of levels, be a replacement for
    a Motorcycle.
    It's Crystal Dynamics. They won't change what they know fans love about the series. They don't wanna take that risk.
    I agree with you, I'm hoping that by open world it may mean that there are structured checkpoints but that, if you want to you can go anywhere. Not so much a sandbox game. I forgot about the crossbow but i think i would rather have that. The bow just seems to corny and old. Lara didn't grow up in 1575! Plus i'm not keen on the horse, it may be used to get round the island but it just seems to Assassin's Creed like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Fromt the little we've seen so far, I can say I am happy with the change I've been advocating. Exept for the bow.... I guess we all agree on that.
    Yeah i think we can. Plus qwerty is right, your sig does rock!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast