Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: TR9, concept art!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    No, I don't like it too much.
    I like the creature designs, but Lara...

Ugh.
    No offense to anyone here, but I'm starting to lose hope in this series.
    Not just over this concept art either, but a multitude of things.
    Let's hope that whenever the next game comes out, that'll change.
    i will have to agree on that with you queen

Crossbow and arrows?!?! Hell noo!!!!!

And please, those creatures!! They look more like from a Silent Hill game then a TR game!!

Does anyone remember how they said years ago (or was it only 2 years ago) that they said that one of the future Tomb Raiders would have a movie-tie in simultaneous release? Could this be it?

It said here that the new Third Tomb Raider would be an Origin (keyword here) and a REBOOT to the series, as said here. And so is this game. No coincidence I'd say.

My only worry is that the movie will be the main focus while the game counterpart will be badly made, like a lot of simultaneous movie/game releases these days BUT I HIGHLY DOUBT this new TR REBOOT is gonna be like one of those lacky movie games! So now I'm just confused...both the game and the movies are reboots.

Ugh I'm just being all jumpy now. Until I hear official word on this, I'd be cleared up and be assured otherwise now, my mind is going allll boggly.

Hang on, I see a gun! Its behind her back...

indeed but anyway bow sucks

edit:isnt it strange that the mods didnt reply on this thread...

No one seems to believe this, including me. I cannot believe that that's the new lara, looks nothing like her! But then again this is just the concept art, so nothing is final! Thank God

I can say im not liking this at all.

Could this be a TR game I don't even bother touching?

looks to be that way from what I'm reading and looking at...

im very interested in playing this game nevertheless...square enix bought eidos almost entirely for the tr franchise so they wont let their first tr be a total crap..and come on lets give it some credit:m rated,more sophisticated combat,mysterious creatures(although i think they are a little bit too much for a tr game),horse ridin and most importantly an open world...so why not even bother touching a tr like this?her looks how ever bother me a hell of a lot...she doesnt look like lara or feels like her

So they mixed Call Of Juarez with Silent Hill basically is what its sounding like, with a hint of robin hood

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    im very interested in playing this game nevertheless...square enix bought eidos almost entirely for the tr franchise so they wont let their first tr be a total crap..and come on lets give it some credit:m rated,more sophisticated combat,mysterious creatures(although i think they are a little bit too much for a tr game),horse ridin and most importantly an open world...so why not even bother touching a tr like this?
    Yeah, that's the spirit... and by the way, it was going to happen anyway... I just wished it happened earlier...

@josh: Call of Juarez-style stand offs in Tr would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Yeah, that's the spirit... and by the way, it was going to happen anyway... I just wished it happened earlier...

@josh: Call of Juarez-style stand offs in Tr would be awesome
    I disagree,greatly

lets not be so negative...thats only a little concept art thingy..i am so looking forward to the tombs and enviromets of that island and i get a feeling they will be dark and tomb raidish..just the way i want 'em..so lets be positive and wait for more info on the game....btw who thinks that on the next 6 months the plot of the game will be leaked?i do..i even expect leaked cutscenes in the months to come

i don`t like her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like underworld lara so much because she looks powerful and with this brutal arms she has in tru?? ahhh i like her very much and this lara looks so weak..just a girl with weak arms..no way this is my lara!! and that bow idea looks good to me as long as she has her dual pistols..they just can remove the unlimited ammo and let us try to hide from these creatures a bit in the game..and i always wanted an open world tr game..makes me getting deeper in the game and to feel just as lara during gameplay...

I'll be negative until I hear something that interests or impresses me about TR9,the only thing that sounds somewhat interesting in TR9 is the idea of open world, other than that, the concert art isnt interesting to me, it doesnt look like Lara and the enemies looked straight out ripped from Silent Hill and The Ring

The concept are for creatures looks good but Lara still needs more work. As I said on a similar thread
    duel pistols, Lara's curvy body shape and classic face all HAVE to be there. They may still have a bit of work to do based on this.

As for the other ideas. A Japan return - Love it. More realistic violence - liking that. Open world - good but do like level based and room for things like replay level. Not keen on crossbow and prefer sticking to duel pistols.

The origins idea - RISKY. If they connect it up to fit with the other TR games both Crystal and Core think it can work really well. I know reference to events we know in Lara's past such as the events of TR1/TRA or Von Croy's training etc could go a very long way with old skool TR fans. CD may though need to be careful to avoid any major contradictions.

If any of this "complete reboot" is a tiny bit true, then Tomb Raider is officially screwed.
    i do NOT get any of this - wasn't this "origins" thing supposed to be for the MOVIE???? NOT the game?! oh, RIGHT - so much for that article on TRC: 'the next tomb raider will make old fans and players say oh how much we love you lara!'. << excuse me?! this does not at all seem like something that would make ME say that! Is this whole thing, the reboot, is this just for the next game and then will they continue on with the series after the events of Underworld??? Or are they just going to pretend like none of that happened??? I tried reading the things on both article/links, but one of them didn't load, the one with more information and pictures, so I don't think I'm quite getting the full story. Is this supposed to be linked with the current games or not? and what happened to the dual pistols, the signature dual pistols?! GOSH and I'm still quite confused as to WHO EXACTLY is developing the game - Eidos, Crystal Dyanmics, and Square Enix, altogether???? and, oh my goodness, this cannot be Lara! even with the one single picture I managed to see, I could tell that it looked absolutely nothing like her. she looks so weak and inexperienced, not the strong, tough, intelligent heroine and gun wielding, unbelievably courageous adventurer that we've always known and loved!! none of this seems at ALL like tomb raider. my mind can't even comprehend half of the things I'm reading here!!! it just isn't right!!!

My god....WHAT on EARTH have they done?!?!?!
    Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.

I don't like this at all either. The gameplay needed a reboot, not the entire franchise, and that's what really makes me angry. The Lara we have is near perfect. There is no need to reboot the character for the third time. Sure, a lot of people didn't like the softer Lara searching for her mother (which I loved), but that was resolved in Underworld. Why can't this just take place after?

I also hate the idea of this taking place on ONE island. Lara Croft is a world adventurer. I absolutely adore traveling the world with this character, I don't want to spend the entire time on a freaking island. How cliche is that? The bow and arrow is ridiculous! GIMME MAH DUEL PISTOLS! And yeah, the horror-looking and sounding aspect is dumb too. Not a fan of that genre at all.
    "Out of juice.... just like Bolivia!"

Quote Originally Posted by trjunepearl View Post
    If any of this "complete reboot" is a tiny bit true, then Tomb Raider is officially screwed.
    i do NOT get any of this - wasn't this "origins" thing supposed to be for the MOVIE???? NOT the game?! oh, RIGHT - so much for that article on TRC: 'the next tomb raider will make old fans and players say oh how much we love you lara!'. << excuse me?! this does not at all seem like something that would make ME say that! Is this whole thing, the reboot, is this just for the next game and then will they continue on with the series after the events of Underworld??? Or are they just going to pretend like none of that happened??? I tried reading the things on both article/links, but one of them didn't load, the one with more information and pictures, so I don't think I'm quite getting the full story. Is this supposed to be linked with the current games or not? and what happened to the dual pistols, the signature dual pistols?! and, oh my gosh, this cannot be Lara! even with the one single picture I managed to see, I could tell that it looked absolutely nothing like her. she looks so weak, not the strong, tough, intelligent heroine that we've always known and loved!! none of this seems at ALL like tomb raider. my mind can't even comprehend half of the things I'm reading here!!! it just isn't right!!!

My god....WHAT on EARTH have they done?!?!?!
    I'm with you 100% on most of what you said. I cannot fathom most of this as well. Not liking it. Hopefully my mind will be changed in the next 5-6months when we get more info on the game, but so far not sounding promising,from my personal stand point

Remember people.

-Concept Art
    -Not Final
    -It's Not Even The Game Yet

And finally:

-It's Just A Rumor!

But I like the M, The Concept, And The Open World (But Chapter Based Please!)

What Really Matters Is Being Yourself, And If That Includes Slowly Killing Then Eating Every Boy At Your School, Well Than I Say Do It.

Quote Originally Posted by hitnrun017 View Post
    I don't like this at all either. The gameplay needed a reboot, not the entire franchise, and that's what really makes me angry. The Lara we have is near perfect. There is no need to reboot the character for the third time. Sure, a lot of people didn't like the softer Lara searching for her mother (which I loved), but that was resolved in Underworld. Why can't this just take place after?

I also hate the idea of this taking place on ONE island. Lara Croft is a world adventurer. I absolutely adore traveling the world with this character, I don't want to spend the entire time on a freaking island. How cliche is that? The bow and arrow is ridiculous! GIMME MAH DUEL PISTOLS! And yeah, the horror-looking and sounding aspect is dumb too. Not a fan of that genre at all.

I agree 100% and wayyyy over if even POSSIBLE with everything you said! WHY?! WHY CAN'T THEY LEAVE HER ALONE?!?!?!?!?! they should never have even rebooted the series in the first place! at least there were SOME connections to the Core games in CD's Legend and Underworld! but REALLY, this is just going WAY too far.

and yeah, i know, its just a...rumour, i guess you could say it. but the fact that there is links and proof backing this up, it might not all be fake....and this is why I'm scared. I'd be heartbroken to see this franchise die out like that. and truly, I REALLY would be heartbroken. god, I really hope that the mods are reading this thread and having definite second thoughts on this reboot.....funny, none of them have replied to this thread yet!!! don't they have anything to say to us???? at least tell us if we really do have something to worry about, please!

Ugh, I think one day, the Eidos directors and developers sat down and had this conversation one day........

Mr. Bob:"You know, let's just give up on Tomb Raider, one of the most iconic and most loved franchises in the history of video games. What do you think about that?"

Mr. Fred: "Sounds like a good idea...YEAH, let's just go ahead and fire the company that got this game started in the first place!"

Mr. Bob:"OH and then NEXT time we get bored, we can tell everyone to say goodbye to this Lara and say hello to another one! oh, and would you look at that! Sooooo many fans LOVED the latest game, but they're still angry about the first reboot..."

Mr: Fred:"Ah, a PERFECT oppurtunity to restart the entire series....AGAIN! How lovely to see all our fans getting oh-so-very-angry with us! this is going VERY WELL, don't you think so, Mr. Bob?!"

UGH!!!!! ...yeah i know, that was a reaaallly random compilation of crap, and no, I'm not mocking any of the Eidos peeps (ur cool) I just have to express myself in reaaaallly really weird ways when I'm hyper ventilating... *sigh*

..................... 'nuff said!
    Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.

If this is real: Improve, Make it more Tomb Raidery!

If this is just a rumor: Crystal, learn from this!

What Really Matters Is Being Yourself, And If That Includes Slowly Killing Then Eating Every Boy At Your School, Well Than I Say Do It.

I'd say it all looks to be true. I mean come on, Ian Livingstone said:

"Be expecting a reboot! It will reinvigorate the franchise!"

And that's what this is! Oh my god! This is true! Aaaaah! I can not wait for more info on this. And besides, Lara looks bad ass in these photos! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomb Raider 9 Concept Art: Rumor, but very backed up!

Okay, people: this is it! The new concept art is here and I believe this is what we're getting and I am totally excited! I can not wait for this game. It's going to be totally awesome! If you do not like the idea please do not be hating on this page. However, don't feel censored, express your dislikes and likes here but let me just tell everyone that I love this idea and I think it's what this game series deserved seeing as how it's totally awesome and it's Tomb Raider: it's awesome! If this is a rumor and it's fake, I'll be really sad. If it's true:

Ahhhh! Justin (TRL; Runner of TRC) Has just possibly confirmed that the concept art is real!

Edit: Crystal has just taken legal action for the pictures to be taken down!!! It just screams "It's No Rumor!"

Also, HQ Concepts!

It's interesting how judgmental people are from information that is not even official. If this is all still concepts, the game definitely still has time to change. I think we just need to wait until we get official details about the game.

Personally, I think this game could be very interesting. I would be stoked to have an open-world TR game. I think this game looks very frightening, and I would hope that those creatures do not make an appearance w/i the first half of the game. The story as described at Tomb Raider Chronicles sounds like a plausible, and interesting one, although I will admit, it does seem to be drawn quite a lot from Silent Hill. I like that it's a new adventure not really tied to the events of Legend, Underworld, Anniversary. And, if I'm not mistaken, it sort of fits what people have been asking for: a story on its own, reminiscent of the old Core TR games. As for Lara's looks, I can't say I'm too impressed. I think her face looks older and her body...umm...saggy. I like the idea of her being younger and that this adventure or occurrence is what shaped her into the strong and hardened adventurer we see her as in the rest of the games. I think the bow for a weapon seems somewhat realistic b/c it could be made from materials on the island, but it just seems out of place. I have a feeling that the dual pistols will still be part of the game, though, b/c of this: "Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns, and the hunter's ultimate weapon, the bow." I don't think we'll have them right away, but we may find them on the island.

While I can't say at this point the game will be a huge success, I'm sure people's doubts will be dispersed as we get more information from the developers (directly). I'm sure Lara's looks will be changed significantly from this concept, just as they changed from early renders of Underworld. I was extremely excited when news about Underworld started coming out, and I was still disappointed in the game. Judging a game from a few pieces of concept art and an early description of a game will not help us to judge the final game. While I'm kind of excited for this and others are extremely disappointed, we really can't judge the game until it is completed and we've actually played it.
    Trust in the power of positive thinking

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast