Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: TR9, concept art!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oraclebop View Post
    When has Survival ever appeared in a Tomb Raider game? Oh right, every single one..

When have we ever used Medieval tools? Oh right, there was that crossbow (Yes it is Medieval!)..
    That's exactly my thoughts!!! People keep saying they don't like this because it is not TR, but maybe it has more about Tomb Raider then what you people realise... But that's just me...

Yep, sorry from me, too.

Hm, horror elements ... I think, some like the cat mummies in TRA or the thralls in TRU are ok. I'm not a horror movie looker, though. Don't want to have too much nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    The crossbow in TR4 was not very medival with its explosive arrows

Aren't you people excited about the horror elemnts in TR9? That is what I have been wanting since CD took over TR. I mean it's gonna be a really scary game. Though I hope not scary in the way Silent Hill is.

P.S. Sorry for spaming
    *Cough* She clearly has Explosive Arrows

The one with the horse.
    What Really Matters Is Being Yourself, And If That Includes Slowly Killing Then Eating Every Boy At Your School, Well Than I Say Do It.

explosive arrows? This means that there'll definetly has to be a new biography. Lara didn't study chemistry yet, or did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Richard Croft View Post
    explosive arrows? This means that there'll definetly has to be a new biography. Lara didn't study chemistry yet, or did I miss it?
    Well her Dad is possibly still an archeologist, or maybe Werner is in there.
    What Really Matters Is Being Yourself, And If That Includes Slowly Killing Then Eating Every Boy At Your School, Well Than I Say Do It.

Not another biography, please *have mercy*

this reminds me of TRC alot.i have mixed feelings about this game.i'm not sure if i should love or hate it.i'll wait till the game comes out then i'll know for sure.
    Well they say the sky's the limit and to me that's really true but my friend you have seen nothing! - Michael Jackson "Bad"

It looks great! Really

I enjoyed the gameplay in Legend and anniversary but in underworld it was practically the same and became boring. I think it'll be good for it to change it's formula and maybe the new one will make you feel for the characters more (like in mgs 4! ).

Nah, but I am looking forward to this tomb raider now.

New details on tomb raider 9 surface

New information on Tomb Raider 9 shows every sign of reinvigorating the series if leaked pictures published by 4Player Coop are authentic. According to the web site, a 'mole' not only floated up the conceptual artwork but also an internal brief on what players can expect from Lara's ninth outing.

It's worth noting that nothing official on Tomb Raider 9 has been announced by Eidos, and the below brief should be considered unofficial and unsubstantiated at this point. However, it does make interesting reading.

"When a sudden storm destroys her research vessel, a young and inexperienced Lara Croft finds herself stranded on a mysterious and remote island hidden off the shores of Japan. Despite several signs of various inhabitants the island is oddly deserted, and an uneasy feeling settles in as strange sounds emerge from the shadows.

"With only her determination, inner strength, and resourcefulness to help her, Lara must overcome the challenges of a harsh and unforgiving journey that will take her across a vast island wilderness and deep into the claustrophobic and menacing underground tombs from the island's past.

"As she struggles to prevail through brutal combat encounters and treacherous exploration, Lara will be pushed to her limits and forced to adapt to her situation in order to survive and escape from the lethal predators that stalk her every move."

Features include:

* Hunt or Be Hunted: Evade, outsmart, trick and kill the mysterious enemies that hunt you as prey.
    * Survival Action: Brutally attack and defend yourself as you fight to survive through visceral one-on-one melee combat.
    * Strategic Weapons: Gain an advantage in combat by finding an array of different melee and ranged weapons including a variety of guns, and the hunter's ultimate weapon, the bow.
    * Creative Survival: React and adapt to the island by using only that which you can salvage from the environment like climbing axes, rope, and machetes that can be used to unlock new traversal and combat game play options.
    * Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump: There is no one right way to traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.
    * One Cohesive World: The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.
    * Origin Story: The new Tomb Raider concept reboots the franchise by exploring Lara Croft's transformation into a hardened adventurer as you unravel the story behind the island's mysterious past.

umm....
    this info was already shared on another thread a while ago.
    Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.

I don't mind the look of the supposed "new Lara" nor any of the "rumored" info but the only problem is the open world idea, would it really work that well, without becoming repetitive that is?

Oh and didn't the guy from assassins creed have a cross bow type thing in the trailer. That wasn't in the final game was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-ClutaN_I

Mh, one could say "ok, let's try out an open world, and if it backfires, then ok, back to levels". However, I'd like some structure in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    I don't mind the look of the supposed "new Lara" nor any of the "rumored" info but the only problem is the open world idea, would it really work that well, without becoming repetitive that is?

Oh and didn't the guy from assassins creed have a cross bow type thing in the trailer. That wasn't in the final game was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-ClutaN_I
    I never noticed that crossbow before. Interesting. Assassin's Creed got repetitive because all you did was get information by eavesdropping, pick pocketing, interrogating, etc. I think this will be different in that you are still in a Tomb Raider setting, doing things that have always defined Tomb Raider. You have a huge environment to explore and traverse in your search for either weapons or artifacts. I believe it will be something like this: You arrive on the island and need to go find things to help you survive. Along the way you come across an ancient temple or tomb. You enter it where at this point, it becomes more structured in a level sort of way. You need to continue through the passages until you reach the final goal. There can be puzzles along the way just like other TR levels. Once you've learned all you can from that particular location, you move on to other tasks to either help you survive the island or learn more about it. And since it's open world, you could either do it in any order, or you could just revisit it whenever you feel like. I think we will still have a structured game, just set in an open world.
    Trust in the power of positive thinking

Sound not so bad

Quote Originally Posted by m_gunselman View Post
    I never noticed that crossbow before. Interesting. Assassin's Creed got repetitive because all you did was get information by eavesdropping, pick pocketing, interrogating, etc. I think this will be different in that you are still in a Tomb Raider setting, doing things that have always defined Tomb Raider. You have a huge environment to explore and traverse in your search for either weapons or artifacts. I believe it will be something like this: You arrive on the island and need to go find things to help you survive. Along the way you come across an ancient temple or tomb. You enter it where at this point, it becomes more structured in a level sort of way. You need to continue through the passages until you reach the final goal. There can be puzzles along the way just like other TR levels. Once you've learned all you can from that particular location, you move on to other tasks to either help you survive the island or learn more about it. And since it's open world, you could either do it in any order, or you could just revisit it whenever you feel like. I think we will still have a structured game, just set in an open world.
    Now that sounds good. And when we replay level, it could be one cinematic like we are entering in Lara's memory.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    What's the problem with the bow??? Of course I want the dual pistols and her holsters, but that doesn't mean she can't have a bow... it's like in TR4 she had the cross-bow...

Hope will get news form EIDOS soon, confirming or not if this is true...
    If it would be optional, I wouldn't mind it. But it's the main weapon, and it sucks.
    Villa, villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    If it would be optional, I wouldn't mind it. But it's the main weapon, and it sucks.
    We don't know if it is the main weapon... it's only a concept art...

Quote Originally Posted by oraclebop View Post
    Oh right, there was that crossbow (Yes it is Medieval!)..
    -nitpicker mode on-

Actually the ancient Greeks also knew it. They called it the gastraphetes.

-nitpicker mode off-

We don't know if it is the main weapon... it's only a concept art...
    Yes, but there seems to be a focus on it when they say: "the hunter's ultimate weapon, the bow".

In Anniversary she says something like: "the most important thing one can have to survive is the will to survive". Perhaps they could build a theme around that instead, because I believe everyone here would agree that her two guns should always be her trademark weaponry...

Quote Originally Posted by m_gunselman View Post
    You have a huge environment to explore and traverse in your search for either weapons or artifacts. I believe it will be something like this: You arrive on the island and need to go find things to help you survive. Along the way you come across an ancient temple or tomb. You enter it where at this point, it becomes more structured in a level sort of way. You need to continue through the passages until you reach the final goal. There can be puzzles along the way just like other TR levels. Once you've learned all you can from that particular location, you move on to other tasks to either help you survive the island or learn more about it. And since it's open world, you could either do it in any order, or you could just revisit it whenever you feel like. I think we will still have a structured game, just set in an open world.
    As long as it doesn't turn into some form of GTA

That idea could work

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    As long as it doesn't turn into some form of GTA

That idea could work
    I do hope the developers will be able to take open-world and implement it very well into the game. I hope it feels like we're in the situation where we just have to ask ourselves, "What would Lara do?" and we're in control.
    Trust in the power of positive thinking

again! how can she have her duel pistols if shes young, inexperienced and stranded? that one might have been a stray from the boat. whats wrong with one game with out the dual pistols. i didnt see anyone complian about the first couple levels of LR or the black isle lvl in chronicles. another thing. i love silent hill almost as much as i love tomb raider and never in my whole 27 years of gaming have i seen such a ridiculous accusation such as this. i got a pictures of pyramid head right next to my freakin legend poster. lighten up people. i can almost assure that this game will succeed underworld. and are we really gonna have another argument about if thats lara or not, didt we have like 10 threads about that wen the first underworld trailer came out???
    if you dont like tomb raider, look away from the screen then.

I think I just got an Idea: What if Lara actually made her bow on that island? after all, let's just say that she didn't take her guns with her or she didn't have guns. it happens to be young Lara unarmed on one strange unfamiliar island...

I wouldn't mind if that will happen. But I don't know, where did that horse come from?

Developped on the island. There can't be only monsters

I would think that was what CD planned from the beginning. No weapons available, Lara makes hers.

Quote Originally Posted by hyrule12 View Post
    i can almost assure that this game will succeed underworld. and are we really gonna have another argument about if thats lara or not, didt we have like 10 threads about that wen the first underworld trailer came out???
    Difference is, even the Underworld concept art while it was a little different than Lara we know, everyone could still tell it was Lara,you didn't have to struggle to tell or believe it was her . But the concept art in TR 9's case? you cannot unless someone tells you who it is. I GUARANTEE you if it wasn't called ''leaked TR 9 concept art'' and people just saw the concept art without the CD logo and said to be TR 9 concept art, NO ONE would say ''oh looks like Tomb Raider'' or ''Hey its Lara''.

That's the difference here

I'll also have to agree with you about this outselling Underworld, if it turns into the everyday run of the mill generic third person shooter, then it will definitely outsell Underworld, because that's what is popular at the moment.

I guess I missed something here xD
    Ah well, concept art is always a bit different to the final game

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast