Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread: Passing the Time: In the Garden of Eden

Passing the Time: In the Garden of Eden

Passing the Time: In the Garden of Eden

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, psychopaths and sociopaths, criminals and detectives!

With Batman:Arkham Asylum still over a month away, I find myself in need of a way to keep my mind of my longing for the game. Because of this, and because if I only work on one thing I eventually get sick of it, I've decided to work on a fanfic whenever I'm not working on my novel.

For this particularly story I've chosen to focus on one of Batman's more powerful but less respected villains, Poison Ivy.
    I was inspired by a story I read recently on an fanfiction site featuring Killer Croc. The story was surprisingly deep, intense, and grim for something written by the average Bat fan, and it focused on a villain we don't usually get to see in the spot light.
    I wanted to do the same for one of my favorites who often seems to be underestimated by both fans and writers, so I'm taking a trip deep into the darkness of Pamela Eisley's green-tinged madness.

My love for Ms. Eisley runs as deep as the redwoods roots, so I hope to do her a great deal of justice in this tail, and I invite my fellow fans here at the B:AA board to swing over to Fanfiction.net and take a look at my story: Inside Eden's Mind.

My hope is to earn Pammy a few new fans with the story. If you enjoy it, please leave me a review, if you don't enjoy it leave me a review! I'm a professional writer, I'm used to criticism; as long as you can give me a constructive review (regardless of whether it was fair or negative) I will give it due thought while writing my next chapter.

A fair warning to any who read this story: I've long been fascinated by criminal psychology and the human mind in general and I won't consider this story a success unless I manage to give at least one reader a bad dream about their own garden, or perhaps get an outraged response from someone disapproving of Ivy's male-hatred and/or goddess worship.

Pamela is respected. Very much. Killer Croc is the unrespected one, he gets the crap about Bane and him being a simple mercenary...but I will still read your story.

Nice intro you've got going there

Cant wait to read on
    Introduce a little anarchy!
    Azrael returns!

awesome!

I have a question for you Game Weasal,did you get the name Dr.Birch from the Birch tree?If so,that's very intelligent writing,this being a poison ivy story and all.

EDIT:Never mind.

wow...that was pretty good.
    An Artist of Artistic Art

I thought it was great!Can't wait for part 2.

Originally Posted by Killer_Croc
    Pamela is respected. Very much. Killer Croc is the unrespected one, he gets the crap about Bane and him being a simple mercenary...but I will still read your story.
    She's respected among Bat-fans, but if you go to major comic forums like ComicsShouldBeGood or ComicBookResource there's alot less general knowledge about her. Yes, she's a villainess, yes she's one of the few true meta-humans in Batman's ranks, but most people know her more for killer flytraps and her poisonous lips, and she's become a whole lot more than that - especially in recent years.

Guessing by your handle you're a Croc fan, if you'd like that Croc story I'd be happy to provide it in PMs. I can't link it here because the site is definitely NSFW, and I was rather surprised to have a fellow Batman link me to it and say "Ignore the site it's on and just read the story" I was very glad I did.

Oh and Batfan08, just in case you missed it Part 2 is already up, I'm currently working on Part 03 and hope to have it up by this evening.

Coolness I love Poison Ivy, (got the Ivy figure from Hush last week). I'd like to write some Batman stuff I'll do it when I'm off of summer, aswell as the Resident Evil one I started ages ago.
    I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

Do it, Zombie-gamer, do it! Never resist the compulsion to put words to paper! ... Or text to screen, whichever!

Originally Posted by Game Weasel
    Do it, Zombie-gamer, do it! Never resist the compulsion to put words to paper! ... Or text to screen, whichever!
    I will If I have the time, i'll need the practise I wanna be a games designer and writer.
    I killed Jason Todd and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.

She's respected among Bat-fans, but if you go to major comic forums like ComicsShouldBeGood or ComicBookResource there's alot less general knowledge about her. Yes, she's a villainess, yes she's one of the few true meta-humans in Batman's ranks, but most people know her more for killer flytraps and her poisonous lips, and she's become a whole lot more than that - especially in recent years.

Guessing by your handle you're a Croc fan, if you'd like that Croc story I'd be happy to provide it in PMs. I can't link it here because the site is definitely NSFW, and I was rather surprised to have a fellow Batman link me to it and say "Ignore the site it's on and just read the story" I was very glad I did.

Oh and Batfan08, just in case you missed it Part 2 is already up, I'm currently working on Part 03 and hope to have it up by this evening.
    Sure send me the PM. Also, great story!

Originally Posted by Killer_Croc
    Sure send me the PM. Also, great story!
    Will do! It may take me a bit to find it again, it's been over a month since I read it. Anyone else who wants it feel free to speak up, but remember what I said, it is in an adult/erotic fanfiction site; just look past the sites other content and read this story, it's really worth the read in it's entirety.

Also, good lord I've been mispelling her name this whole time!? Where the hell did that blasted E come from!? Curse my addle-brained mind!

Will do! It may take me a bit to find it again, it's been over a month since I read it. Anyone else who wants it feel free to speak up, but remember what I said, it is in an adult/erotic fanfiction site; just look past the sites other content and read this story, it's really worth the read in it's entirety.

Also, good lord I've been mispelling her name this whole time!? Where the hell did that blasted E come from!? Curse my addle-brained mind!
    When you find it, can you PM it to me too? Thanks in advance!

I happen to be a huge fan of this fan fic, and normally I have a hard time seeing the character in the story. But I was able to with ease I really can't wait for part 3. Would you be so kind as to send me the Croc fan fic?

Golly you guys better adore me if I actually find this thing. I'm scouring this website trying to relocate this fic. There are wa-a-a-ay to many Batman & Robin slash fics out there... I'm starting to fear the author may have removed this fanfic from the site to keep it from being associated with all this badly written fanboy erotica...

me to please if u find it thanx also you guys should go to snafu-comics for cool fan stories not about batman but there still okay

Actually Ivy is one of my most appreciated of the rouges gallery. I think she could be more vile and depraved if writers took their time with her (rather than focusing on her shapely figure).
    Whatever happened to the American dream? It came true, you're looking at it .

Originally Posted by The Comedian
    Actually Ivy is one of my most appreciated of the rouges gallery. I think she could be more vile and depraved if writers took their time with her (rather than focusing on her shapely figure).

I would disagree about the appreciation, but then we all have different experiences between ourselves and other Bat/DC fans, personally I've found that most people I encounter know next to nothing about Ivy's capabilities and have no idea just how dangerous she actually is.

I would, however, quite agree with you that any writer that truly takes the time to make a good story with her will be able to do some very amazing, dark, and grim things.

F-ing AMAZING!
    You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, Business is a-boomin'.

so when's part 3 goin up? you said later tonight?! im lookin forward to reading it!
    You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, Business is a-boomin'.

Hah hah, take it easy, Chum! Chapter 3 is now up... Well, sort of. I've posted it, I can't say for sure if the website will update to have it up soon, it sometiems takes up to half an hour to update things.
    I write much better in the morning so I should have Chapter 4 up and maybe chapter 5 as well by noon tomorrow.

so you keep saying you're currently writing these chapters but are you making it up as you go along or do you have a storyline where you've already laid out?

Originally Posted by DarkCrusader67
    so you keep saying you're currently writing these chapters but are you making it up as you go along or do you have a storyline where you've already laid out?
    It's a little of Column A and a little of Column B. I find that if I plot out to much of a story then it comes out feeling forced and unnatural, but if I don't have any idea where I'm going then the tale just sort've meanders around until it loses all it's luster and intrigue and collapses face first in the dirt.

A trick of many fiction authors, myself included, is to talk with the star of their story. This is alot easier to do if the character is one you've made up yourself, allowing you to know all the ins and outs, but it's doable with a character from someone else's world.
    For this story I've had times where I just sit down at the computer, I write out a question, and then I let "Ivy" answer it. I put myself as close to her mind set as I possibly can and let her provide the answers.

For example, that 'I hate dogs' bit in the story? That whole line of dialogue actually came from her 'voice' in my head suddenly going on a rant about dogs digging up flower beds, and it just made me realize it would be a great bit to add to the story. A lot of my work is really just going with the flow and running with whatever ideas pop up in my mind.

Just a heads up for you folks, I've had a little something come up this morning so the next chapter likely won't be up till sometime in the afternoon, sorry about that!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last