Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: From the Alpha to the Beta

From the Alpha to the Beta

From the Alpha to the Beta

So now that the Alpha has officially ended and the Beta waits around the corner; what's everyone's thoughts?

Who's excited for what? What do you like about the game? What don't you like? What do you hope gets changed? etc etc.

Honestly I just want to spark conversation to keep myself occupied until the Beta rolls out (when is that, btw? Hours? days?)

Personally waiting to try out the Deceiver as I am HORRIBLE with the Sentinel and am sub-par with the Tyrant, the Deceiver would at least give me some variation from the Reaver. I am also to see what kind of balancing will be coming with the Beta as most of us have experienced the issues revolving around Hunters and Reavers, or the never failing 1-hit combo with Sentinel.

i'm just shaking, sobbing & holding my knees in the shower waiting for beta invite.

*posted from Android*

XD that's got to be the saddest, yet funniest thing I've heard all day.

Waiting for mine too =P I'm so exited! Will beta reach Brazil? Please, Squeenix!
    signature image

I'm really waiting on the forums to reboot into "beta" to start posting there. Otherwise I'm scared it'll be lost in the transition.

Waiting to try this game out has been one of best tests in patience I've had in a long time. I'm just hoping I get that beta invite soon.
    Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.

Oh i'm very exicited for new classes! I want to try the Deceiver and most i want to know how the game is evolving. In my opinion, the game is good, awesome locations, good characters, but for the one who knows LOK it's a big punch on the face to see a world reduced on a simple MMO Arena... Maybe in the end of the game this won't be the same, but i think that what the game needs is a story, but i don't know if they will put it inside in future or not.

Originally Posted by RedeemerAndDistroyer
    Oh i'm very exicited for new classes! I want to try the Deceiver and most i want to know how the game is evolving. In my opinion, the game is good, awesome locations, good characters, but for the one who knows LOK it's a big punch on the face to see a world reduced on a simple MMO Arena... Maybe in the end of the game this won't be the same, but i think that what the game needs is a story, but i don't know if they will put it inside in future or not.
    If you played League of Legend in the first couple years it was out, you'll remember the journal of justice. While it wasn't told IN game, it was still back story as to what was going on in Runeterra. While I'd like to see it played out in game, I imagine they'll do something like that starting out. It would be MUCH easier to operate as well, no game changing or coding. Just images, maybe videos, with articles written out beside or beneath them.

I would actually enjoy this, because they used to come out like once to twice a week, and it was cool to see new characters hinted at, or old one's fleshed out more. While they can't do this with individual characters, for classes or even clans this would be simple. Especially if they decided to introduce multiple classes per clan, this would really help out explaining lore-wise how they came about. It'd be easy to add more and more human classes, they'd constantly be trying to adapt to the vamps, but as we all know, there are only 6 vamp clans, so they're gonna run out pretty quickly. Unless they decided to have them evolve over time into different versions of their classes. I suppose that would work.
    Last edited by Vallass; 24th Feb 2014 at 19:24. Reason: Forgot something

Originally Posted by Vallass
    If you played League of Legend in the first couple years it was out, you'll remember the journal of justice. While it wasn't told IN game, it was still back story as to what was going on in Runeterra. While I'd like to see it played out in game, I imagine they'll do something like that starting out. It would be MUCH easier to operate as well, no game changing or coding. Just images, maybe videos, with articles written out beside or beneath them.

I would actually enjoy this, because they used to come out like once to twice a week, and it was cool to see new characters hinted at, or old one's fleshed out more. While they can't do this with individual characters, for classes or even clans this would be simple. Especially if they decided to introduce multiple classes per clan, this would really help out explaining lore-wise how they came about. It'd be easy to add more and more human classes, they'd constantly be trying to adapt to the vamps, but as we all know, there are only 6 vamp clans, so they're gonna run out pretty quickly. Unless they decided to have them evolve over time into different versions of their classes. I suppose that would work.
    I wouldn't mind more then one class for each clan honestly.

Originally Posted by Afreeby
    Waiting to try this game out has been one of best tests in patience I've had in a long time. I'm just hoping I get that beta invite soon.
    I know how it feels, same with me. I even saw a dream about playing Nosgoth, two or even more times.

So uh, wasn't the Beta yesterday?

Originally Posted by GeekedUpJuicy
    So uh, wasn't the Beta yesterday?
    Alpha ended yesterday. Beta is coming up next but they were not starting back to back.

Sad faceee

--Who's excited for what? - I am excited for new Vampire class, as well as Siege mode!
    --What do you like about the game? EVERYTHING! Game is beautiful, IMO classes are well balanced, love the map designs, and well love pretty much everything!
    --What don't you like? - Not really any thing I don't like about this game.
    --What do you hope gets changed? - I hope more modes and classes become available over time.

Might not be the area to ask, but- If you were in the alpha are you automatically entered into the beta? I hope so!

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    Alpha ended yesterday. Beta is coming up next but they were not starting back to back.
    I was under the impression they were; is there any kind of ETA on beta release? within a few days? a week? hopefully not a month?

My client is updating on steam. What does this mean?! I would read, but I don't have eyes. How did i read this topic you say? Simple my other senses...

Originally Posted by IKathaarI
    So now that the Alpha has officially ended and the Beta waits around the corner; what's everyone's thoughts?

Who's excited for what? What do you like about the game? What don't you like? What do you hope gets changed? etc etc.

Honestly I just want to spark conversation to keep myself occupied until the Beta rolls out (when is that, btw? Hours? days?)

Personally waiting to try out the Deceiver as I am HORRIBLE with the Sentinel and am sub-par with the Tyrant, the Deceiver would at least give me some variation from the Reaver. I am also to see what kind of balancing will be coming with the Beta as most of us have experienced the issues revolving around Hunters and Reavers, or the never failing 1-hit combo with Sentinel.
    Hello there and may I take the time tonight to answer this, I am very excited for this game to come out since growing up I played the LoK series and just seeing the good ole fashioned blood drain from a humans body to now potentially consuming a human's blood for life sustain is incredible. I believe the art work and design is beautiful, the combat looks fluid and amazing, and I do believe this game is going to hold alot of interests to newer players and players alike who enjoyed the LoK series. I am not a big fan of third person shooters and when my eyes gazed upon this is thought about how incredible it would be to play and I have waited patiently ever since I saw a teaser trailer for this game to actually spend my time and play it. I love the story line, the characters, and even the competition it has to offer. There is good promise that this could turn into a competitive scene and bring fourth some great experiences and players. I know it is going into beta but, I guess I really can't say much about what I don't like since I can't judge a book by its cover. I hope to find me getting my feast on when I am allowed to "jump into" some Reaver action. This is going to be really fun and my fascination for "real vampires" peaks my interest even further. I hope that the game stays balanced and that customization is enable to the players who want more "feel" to the background and the game in general. I wish for the game to become competitive and allow for a mass amount of new areas to explore and story lines to be brought to life. I appreciate all the hard work and I am looking forward to what is in store for us. You do not know how bad I want to play it and serve for a certain clan. I hope that kept you occupied enough because my friend we have about 20 something hours til greatness arrives.

TL;DR - I gave my opinion about this and also attempted to converse for a bit.
    signature image

Originally Posted by cr0wbrah
    TL;DR - I gave my opinion about this and also attempted to converse for a bit.
    Very well said, i'm looking forward to seeing how the online community treats the game.

Why thank you I appreciate the kind words and I have hope that the true fans that have enjoyed the LoK series along with some new fans for this game could do alot of good but, at the same time we want to be at a level where the community gives back but in a respectful manner and provides the creators the information they need to turn this game into what we are willing to let it become.
    signature image

Originally Posted by IKathaarI
    I wouldn't mind more then one class for each clan honestly.
    yep, +1 to this. i'm sure devolution can result in variance within the clans.

i think adding new classes on an on-going basis will be a big factor for success. the strategy will become deeper over time with a larger pool to choose from & new content is the lifeblood of F2P. but i'm happy with them taking their time with each new class to ensure good balance & that it brings something new to the fight. we don't need MOBA-level numbers of classes. quality over quantity.
    Hip Hop / Soul PvP Stream: www.twitch.tv/cutsu ( GW2 till Nosgoth )

Originally Posted by faeral
    yep, +1 to this. i'm sure devolution can result in variance within the clans.

i think adding new classes on an on-going basis will be a big factor for success. the strategy will become deeper over time with a larger pool to choose from & new content is the lifeblood of F2P. but i'm happy with them taking their time with each new class to ensure good balance & that it brings something new to the fight. we don't need MOBA-level numbers of classes. quality over quantity.
    dear lord, a LoL amount of characters would drive me insane as you'd only see 4 of them at a time =/ yes, definitely quality > quantity

lol yes. in MOBA it's cool because the Draft is such a big part of the game, having more heroes makes that part more complex.

Nosgoth matches will be a constantly shifting beast, all classes accessible on each respawn. As a result there will be a higher representation of every class at some point in every match than a MOBA, so finer balance between them all is important.
    Hip Hop / Soul PvP Stream: www.twitch.tv/cutsu ( GW2 till Nosgoth )

Anyone knows how the beta's going to work?
    Will this be "server opened 24/7" or still "18h-21h this day" ?

Originally Posted by TheAlgerian
    Anyone knows how the beta's going to work?
    Will this be "server opened 24/7" or still "18h-21h this day" ?
    Well i dont know really but i think its going to be 24/7 since i still havent seen a closed beta game that has a time period but i could be wrong all im saying is when i get my beta key be it tommorow or some day i would play the living hell out of it as long as i have free time

I'm guessing it's 24/7, unless they have an issue with the servers due to too many players.

Originally Posted by cr0wbrah
    Why thank you I appreciate the kind words and I have hope that the true fans that have enjoyed the LoK series along with some new fans for this game could do alot of good but, at the same time we want to be at a level where the community gives back but in a respectful manner and provides the creators the information they need to turn this game into what we are willing to let it become.
    Yes, and it seems to be the case currently. The Nosgoth community seems to be doing a very good job working with Psyonix to get this game where they want it to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last