Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: REVIEW from Total Film

REVIEW from Total Film

Nice review. Im confident enough to say that this game will not diappoint and i havent even played it

Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH
    Can you post a link to this. I would be more inclined to believe it if you had provided a link of proof. Thanks.

He's right.I've already posted about this a week ago after reading the magazine

Originally Posted by The Boshart
    Bioshock2 and COD6 are the two juggernauts of the year. Let's just say that Batman is quite skilled in downing juggernauts(Bane Croc)

Keep in mind that there's about 20,000,000 different GOTY awards.
    I honestly think Bioshock2 will walk away with the most GOTY awards, COD6 will get a few, and Batman will get a couple, Infamous may get 1 as well.
    Hurray for the little guy! Batman 4 the Win!
    There not the only juggernauts, Halo and AC 2 and the Beatles all dangerous competition especially from action game AC2
    Introduce a little anarchy!
    Azrael returns!

Yes, the competition for GOTY is going to be a fierce one. MW 2, Bioshock 2, the new Halo, Splinter Cell, and yes, even Assassin's Creed 2 will be top contenders. But from what I seen so far, this game should definitely be a top contender too.

what about brutal legend and the saboteur

Uh, Uncharted 2 says hello and give me that GOTY Award...

I've never liked GOTY awards that much.

I'm not giving Uncharted 2 my GOTY award, unless it bribes me, or is far better than I'm expecting.
    Disclaimer: The Boshart does not accept bribes.
    When I post, topics die.

God of War 3 please

I think preference for the title of GOTY (in general) should be given to games that aren't sequels.

Whatever criteria is used to rate the games should be used first and foremost, but if it ends in a tie, then the new IP should get the award.

If this game is as good as it is being made out to be, then it deserves GOTY, for the game quality and the fact that Rocksteady is a budding company.
    "Hey Mr. Wayne, I'm having Batman over for dinner and I was wondering it you could joi-...ooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaahhh..." - Hugo Strange, remembering something.

Oh come one Boshart...you may not like it but to think that it doesn't have a chance is insane.

I've never liked the God of War series. They lazily use Greek mythology for action set pieces without exploring the depth of it, and the action is more flashy than substantive.

GOW isn't even coming out this year...

Originally Posted by Gho-Gerhowev
    I've never liked the God of War series. They lazily use Greek mythology for action set pieces without exploring the depth of it, and the action is more flashy than substantive.
    Your in a minority of one then as the God Of War series is widely regarded as the best action games of recent years and GOW3,even though it doesnt look amazing,will not only be game of the year but game of the decade.I can't wait to play the final part of the trilogy

Absolutely T for tremendous.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Hey, Keir did they actually review the full game? I mean the complete code?

Thanks in advance ( if you answer lolz)

Originally Posted by Darkboy0070
    Hey, Keir did they actually review the full game? I mean the complete code?

Thanks in advance ( if you answer lolz)
    'I don't know' is the answer

As I'm not in PR, I don't know which build was reviewed, but I'd guess the reviewer got to play through the game (but mag lead times may also be at play here). Hope that helps.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Originally Posted by Keir
    'I don't know' is the answer

As I'm not in PR, I don't know which build was reviewed, but I'd guess the reviewer got to play through the game (but mag lead times may also be at play here). Hope that helps.
    Ok, Thanks for the answer.

Originally Posted by Amputechture
    Oh come one Boshart...you may not like it but to think that it doesn't have a chance is insane.
    I wasn't dismissing it as a bad game or anything, I actually think it will be a good game, I plan on both buying and enjoying it. I was just saying that because of the wealth of amazing games this year, I don't expect it to be my personal GOTY.
    Come December 31, I hope to say Batman AA is mine, though a couple(like Shock 2, ME2) could pass it.
    When I post, topics die.

Originally Posted by The_Clown_Prince_Of_Crime
    Your in a minority of one then as the God Of War series is widely regarded as the best action games of recent years and GOW3,even though it doesnt look amazing,will not only be game of the year but game of the decade.I can't wait to play the final part of the trilogy
    Game of the decade? Fanboy alert. It will be a good game for a few months, sure, but for the decade? Nope. I can already name fifty games that are better than the second GoW, and it hasn't been a "decade" at all.

I've met many of people that don't like the series. A ton of people adore Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers, so I guess I'm in the minority there, too. Being in the "minority" doesn't make the majority correct in every situation.
    HEAPING DOUBLE-DIP OF JUSTICE!

The only problem I have with GOW 3 is that it seems that every enemy needs some sort of QTE to finish off. It most likely will be the best action game featuring Gods and Titans of 1st half 2010
    When I post, topics die.

Originally Posted by The Boshart
    The only problem I have with GOW 3 is that it seems that every enemy needs some sort of QTE to finish off. It most likely will be the best action game featuring Gods and Titans of 1st half 2010
    Yeah, the series does nothing new. It's a bunch of quick time events and generic enemies.
    HEAPING DOUBLE-DIP OF JUSTICE!

Yeah, but it is throughly satisfying to rip stuff in half, and mow down hundreds of grunts.(Pretty much the reason I enjoy DW games)
    When I post, topics die.

Originally Posted by Ensanguined Walls
    A ton of people adore Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers, so I guess I'm in the minority there, too. Being in the "minority" doesn't make the majority correct in every situation.
    Yeah I'm in that minority too. And my sister loves both and she's only eleven months apart from me. Hates Miley herself though.....

Good reviews. Bad reviews. The only review that matters to me at the end of the day is mine when I'm playing it myself. Getting great reviews across the board and getting GOTY is just extra.
    Check out my artist page on facebook: The Accidental Masterpiece

Yeah, the series does nothing new. It's a bunch of quick time events and generic enemies.
    Perhaps, but the "nothing new" they are doing is more refined and visually far more immersing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as the saying goes -- though in today's market, that doesn't last very long. The GOW 3 demo was amazing, no matter what, though. I can't discount it in any way.

Edit: and no it does do something new each time. For the fact that you'll be scaling enemies that could simply encompass an entire level design path is just insane. it's probably got the largest enemies ever seen in any video game form, or potentially movies.

That there doesn't seem to be a difference between large boss design and the lower level grunts, even cities that aren't any less developed than the ecosystems of the giants... Plus the blood and gore factor, and the detailed dismemberment and disembowelment... Don't fault a game for what it isn't packing. This one is, just like it's predecessors...

Page 2 of 2 First First 12