Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: User Guides:

User Guides:

Never got an alchemist guide. Also, I think I already sent you a PM with the link?

Below is an official test of forum coding and a mock up of the alchemist part of the guide.

Alchemist

Alchemist
    Your roles are support and assist, you are an AOE (Area of Effect) dealer so you will not be able to snipe vampires from across the map. Sentinels are your worst enemy! The main thing to keep in mind when playing Alchemist – your powers really do hurt you – remember this when you are casting/shooting. Also you will not be able to do defend yourself as much when alone…though dropping back a little can help with assisting your team and using your abilities.

Suggested Perks: Fleet Footed, Tinkerer, Fast Hands, Cooldown

Weaponry
    All weapons deal in naphtha which is an explosive liquid compound – usually it explodes on contact. As I said above because of what it is, if you fire it in an area around you (i.e. at a vampire right in front of you) or you happen to run near it when it explodes you’ll take damage.

The Hand Cannon and Fullbore Cannon are side grades of each other, the others vary a bit.

Hand Cannon: It does a nice broad area damage. It has a larger clip than the Fullbore, but less damage.

Fullbore Cannon: Same damage area as Hand Cannon, but does more damage but has a smaller clip.

Multi Cannon: A lot weaker than the others but it gives you a wider area damage – three bombs rather than one, if your aim is really bad it’s probably be best to try this one until you get used to shooting more. It also dissipates at longer range due to weapon spread and becomes less concentrated as a result.

Viscous Cannon: Similar to a sticky grenade, it has a delay and does not explode on contact instead it sticks to the target and then explodes. This is better if you have good aim and can land your shots on the actual vampire, that said it’s good to lay down on an area if you can predict the vampire’s moves, if you get it right they take one hit after another because they run into it! This is the only weapon that’s actually effective against evasion after it’s activated.'

Primary Abilities
    Don’t let the name fool you these are the abilities you’ll want to use for your secondary abilities. These are tools to assist in evasion and blinding your enemies so your team/you can target them whilst they flail about or try to escape…which usually involves them running into a wall.

Sunlight Vial: The damage on this is so low it’s not even worth mentioning, only enough to give you 1 XP (enough for an assist on the scoreboard). This is your primary evasion tool – if you are trapped or have a vampire in front of you cast this and dodge…get the hell out of there. For a while your enemy will be blind, and then when far away enough you can use your weapon/other abilities.

Light Bomb: This one deals damage but is less affective as an evasion tool – but that’s what it still is a bit of again, cast do a little damage, dodge and get back enough to use your weapon/other abilities. This doesn’t damage you, however, so it’s a great tool if they manage to get in close.

Secondary Abilities
    Even though classed as secondary abilities are your primary damage dealing abilities, the ones you’ll use most of the time – keep in mind these do hurt you if you come in contact with them.

Fire Wall: This is ideal to stop a vampire entering a space, reaching you, blocking a path or just general fire damage. If a vampire is running at you (using charge, marathon, pounces, abduct, etc.) you can cast and they’ll plough right into it and end up on fire. This really does damage to you – it will set you on fire if you don’t do it right. Do not use it right in front of you. If you have a split second to dodge backwards, do it. Use it at a bit of a distance, it’s ideal for blocking doorways/paths or cutting off an escape route.

Flamethrower: More fire and as expected it does damage, you are less likely to burn yourself with this one than the Fire Wall but it can be less affective as it has a shorter time period. It is a short burst and is best used on the move. Run around with it, but it does run out really quick, make sure you’re in range when you start it up. It’s great vs charging tyrants. Can be cancelled early by pressing “e” or dodging.

Poison Cloud: A lime green hand thrown vial, explodes on impact and causes an area to turn toxic to vampires. And again, if you step into it you’ll take damage. It’s great to throw if your team mates are under attack from numerous targets and you are standing a little bit away. It can be thrown quite a distance. Toss this under a teammate falling from a sentinels to help them out of a 1vs1 sentinel combo.

Healing Mist: If you take this you need a very coordinated team to play with, you need to be with players that will back you up as it leaves you an ability down. It’s probably only worth taking if you can live a little and not be the first/second player to die. Your role will turn into the healer, in which case you need to be surrounded or in safety, and don’t stray! You need to keep an eye on your team’s life/damage in the top left hand corner of the screen. This is once again a vial you throw like the Poison Cloud, can be thrown quite a distance. If your team is taking damage you can cast it and heal them. They have to react and know your skill, if they do not stand in the blue goo it’s completely wasted. Taking this ability leaves you more open to death as I said team back up is essential! In the end though, this is probably one of the most underrated skills in the human arsenal.

General Tactics and Tips
    Assist and break up attacks: Vampires can move pretty quickly and a lot of what you do involves some sort of prediction, so it can go right or wrong. Your job is to throw the enemy into a state of confusion with lots of disruption and damage and you will probably get more assisted kills than kills themselves that said it can be done. When your bombs explode they create a screen shake for your target, so inside is your friend but be sure the space is big enough for your own abilities not to hurt you!

Avoid splash damage: Do not fire your weapon if a vampire is right in front of you otherwise you’ll do damage to yourself, instead melee or cast your lights and dodge and get far enough away to shoot and not cause yourself damage. Dodge is your friend!

Use the camera: When running to your team mates and/or if you have faced the inevitable death it is best to keep your camera tilted slightly upwards (so you’re looking slightly upwards) this will create a nice arc when you fire your cannon, meaning if your team is under attack you will be able to shoot from a distance and you will not end up firing shots on your path to get to them so you won’t get caught in your own explosions en route.

Play to the situation: Your tactics will have to mold around your teammates, how they play, coordinate and function, the same with your enemy, don’t be afraid to change your load-out to suit the given situation and play-styles. If possible, and this will depend on location, find a nice spot close to your team, you’ll want to be a short run distance away, preferable in a door way, with your back to a wall or with your back towards the corner with your team clearly visible in front of you. Make sure you have a clean area to lay down fire; giving you enough space/distance to splash down abilities and/or healing without harming yourself. You can take the other option though and get right in the thick of it if you like, but be sure to have quick reactions to be able to dodge so you don’t end up causing own damage when the vampires attack.

Seems to work good for me.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Thanks sausage.
    Here also fine

Putting in Video link I guess today and then It is the wait for the rest of the guides and then posting when CB arrives.

can someone who is at home change the picture below to trans. background and same height as the icon in my sig (made by sausage) Thanks in Advance. (I am not home so can't do it my self)
    Last edited by hirukaru; 23rd Feb 2014 at 10:33.

Hunter
    The hunter is the most consistent damage dealer on a team, has good mobility and good control of the battlefield. If you want to start out with something familiar and similar to other fps games start here. The hunter feels for the most part like your average fps character with a machine gun.

Suggested Perks: Accuracy, Fleet footed, Tinkerer.

Weapons:

Weapon Clip Size Damage Fire Rate Spread Reload Time
    Repeater 20 75 4.75 200 2 Sec
    Seige Bow 15 95 3.75 200 2 Sec
    Multibow 21 80 1.5 100 2 Sec
    Bolt Thrower 36 70 4.75 200 3.5 Sec

The cross bow is the hunters weapon, it functions like any repeater you might have owned in a video game. It has a number of properties which are important because they vary from crossbow to crossbow.

Weapon Attributes:

Spread: This is the area within which your crossbow will randomly place shots (within the onscreen reticle). It can be improved by pressing the right mouse button which zooms in.

Clip size: This is how many shots the crossbow can make before a reload
    Fire rate: How fast the crossbow shoots, higher is faster, Multibow is the exception here, it has a fire rate of 1.5 meaning 3 shots every 1.5 seconds.

Damage: Damage per shot.

Reload Speed: Time it takes to reload. Don't underestimate the impact of this, reloading a bolt thrower is certain death in a team fight. May not look like much but 1.5 seconds of extra reloading is an eternity.

Weapon Types:

Repeater: This is the standard weapon the hunter gets, it is in the middle between all the other crossbows, it does everything well but it doesn't master any. Good fire rate good damage decent clip size and reload speed. It is actually generally speaking aside from special situations the strongest crossbow.

Siege Bow: This bow excels at killing tyrants, its reduced clip size and slower fire rate but higher damage make it great for killing tyrants 1v1. The downside is you need to reload more often and you are punished more heavily for missing shots. When it comes to a close range skirmish with a vampire though, this bow excels.

Multibow: Fantastic mid-long range crossbow, it does a ton of damage, it actually has the highest DPS. The problem is the burst shot mode. If you miss a 3 shot burst that is a huge loss in DPS. It also has a massive clip and very good spread, if you hit one of the 3 shots you probably got them all. So all in all very good for skirmishing with vampires when you are not the primary target.

Bolt Thrower: Lower damage huge clip size, and long reload times. Very good bow for those longer engagements. In terms of overall damage per clip it is way higher than other bows. The issue comes with actually putting those shots into a vampire near you before you die. Because of the lower damage its DPS is lower than the other bows and often means you die first.

Primary Skills:

Bola: This skill is absolutely fantastic and overpowered. The Devs may realize how strong it is eventually and do something about it(we'll see, hint hint nudge nudge). The bola locks down a vampire for 3 seconds and makes them unable to climb or dodge. They can only walk around and can't attack. This is almost always a death sentence for a vampire. I would suggest doing some damage before throwing the bola, throw it at the last possible second. Hunters cannot shoot for 1.5(could be more, feel free to correct me) seconds after throwing a bola which means its always best to have the help of your team after you throw a bola. Bola's can be broken by the following skills: Tyrant(ignore pain), Sentinal(takeoff), Reaver(Evasion). You can re-bola/stun a tyrant and Sentinal, you cannot re-bola/stun a Reaver. Tyrants ignore bola while charging.

Poison Bola: This skill has double the cooldown at 20 seconds but adds 300 free damage for landing a bola. It doesn't matter if its broken shortly after it will still do the damage. With the exception of ignore pain which will mitigate further damage from the poison bola. Otherwise it functions exactly like the regular bola.

Secondary Skills:

Fire Arrow: Great skill for adding some punch to your offense, its a very good idea to use at very close range to maximize damage, but try not to damage yourself, this skills does an abnormally high % of its damage to the user as well compared to other skills. Because vampires may decide to evade or disengage if they realize they are in danger use this late in your attack as an type of execute skill, at the same time make SURE you use this skill before you die. At 375 damage it is a big chunk and may help your team secure further kills. It is an AOE skill so should always be used when two vampires are very close to maximize effectiveness. More vampires is obviously nice but its unlikely you will ever get the chance to hit more than two with this skill.

Blinding Shot: This skill has lower damage but blinds vampires, its insanely good vs Sentinals and tyrants. It can cause them to completely miss their highest damage skills. A charging tyrant is extremely dangerous IF he can see. Same with a Sentinal its pretty hard to perform a snatch when you can't see. Reavers are not as heavily effected by the blind because they usually have some form of evasion/escape they can pop as soon as they are blinded and pounce is almost instant therefore sight is not required after you pop pounce.

General Tactics/Advice:

Running: Never ever run, this is basically a general bit of advice, you don't really ever want to run, if your teammates are standing around and your running then you just made that fight 3v4 instead of a 4v4. The only time you should run is when you think you can run faster than the vampire ( fleet footed perk), and this only works if you have enough time to get up to speed. Should you take a melee hit you will get slowed and can't run away anymore. All vampire attacks have a built it short duration slow. One other piece of advice, corners disjoint auto attacks. Use this to its fullest advantage running around a corner or several can save your life. If you are running straight for more than 2 seconds you will be
    caught by the vampire. Also be aware of haste and enrage, they make the vampire move fast enough to catch you in any condition.

Aim: If you miss you suck if your hitting things your a killing machine, there isn't a lot you need to do as hunter to be effective. Make sure you got some room to use that awesome aim with and use corners to your advantage to disjoint attacks.

Reloading: Reload constantly, you don't want to reload in a fight. If you have ever played counter-strike you know what I mean. With a repeater I will reload even if I've only used one bullet. As soon as you don't see a vampire to shoot reload immediately. Your worst nightmare is an enrage tyrant and you have to reload, don't let it happen to you!

Aggressive Tactics:
    If you want to play aggressive and deal damage I would suggest either bola or poison bola and fire arrows. Poison bola is a damage dealer plus some crowd control, with a regular bola you can control vampires better meaning more damage with the bow. For a weapon I would suggest repeater but any of the bows are good in the right situations. I have used them all and the repeater is simply the best all around, the other bows excel at specific things but the repeater does them all quite well, well enough that on average your DPS output will be higher per match with the repeater. You will want to make vampires approach you from the front, don't stand in one place too long, you have the advantage of moving and shooting. You have extremely high single target DPS and should focus on getting kills, let other characters like the alchemist do the general AOE stuff.
    If a vampire is coming don't waste your bullets engaging them to soon unless you know you have time to reload before they get to you. Its kind of like 1600's war when the generals says HOLD.... HOLD.....HOLD............ FIRE! There was a good reason for that, and there is a good reason for it here too.

Defensive Tactics:
    Blinding bola and bola I would personally recommend. Bola has a ten second cooldown and you will likely get to use it twice in a team fight. Blinding shot blinds incoming Sentinals and tyrants making them even easier to kill and preventing them from landing devastating abilities.
    Your job is to blind vampires that are initiating and make sure your scout has time to punish vampires from range, the alchemist should be able to stay alive on his/her own, the scout however has to stand in one place and work with limited FOV in order to be effective. So don't ever leave your scout, stay by his/her side and protect them like its your own brother. Every charge shot you can buy for the scout before the vampires are in melee range and force him to move, is extremely useful to your success as a team. Try to make yourself a tasty target and dish out some hurt afterwards.
    Last edited by Strike5150; 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:21.
    Team 200g
    signature image

Strike looks good, Ill send you a link towards my document can you put this in there?

Updated. Diexna is also working on some videos.

Originally Posted by hirukaru
    can someone who is at home change the picture below to trans. background and same height as the icon in my sig (made by sausage) Thanks in Advance. (I am not home so can't do it my self)
    This may help.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Would be great if you remove all shading that is still left.
    (Why didnt I upload the picture I have at home to my dropbox)

Guys please send me your Forumname/IGN I got this until now for the credits.
    If your name is missing please let me know.

You will all get your forum profile linked in the credits. So be wary of lots of new followers.

Credits
    The credits will first state forum names and then there in game names (Forumname/IGN) if they are both the same one name will be named.

Flowers to all of the community member who worked on this project:
    <--- NOTE: will probably be removed but wanted it in now for fun.

Project Leader: cmstache/Sausage

Writers:
    General Humans CookieDude
    Hunter Strike5150/Strike
    Scout Majesticles
    Alchemist Lucinvampire
    General Vampires CookieDude
    Tyrant Plux
    Reaver Ohmz
    Sentinel hugbringer/BringerOfHugs and cmstache/Sausage

Video’s:
    Diexna

Layout
    Hirukaru

Final checks
    Hirukaru, DeputyPotato & cmstache/Sausage
    Last edited by hirukaru; 24th Feb 2014 at 13:25.

OK team! We did a great job with this whole thing recently. Are there any volunteers for the next guides? We have 4 of them: Valeholm, Provence, Freeport, and Sommerdamm. We can leave them as-is, or divide them into 8 diff ones: Playing as human and playing as vampires for each. Any opinions?

Volunteer to do the layout once again.

I'm up for making videos again with my fancy new microphone.

However? Making map based guides is a lot harder, and I don't think I could just randomly slap one together like with the classes. At least not with my own knowledge.

Also, why is the community guides not a sticky on the guides forum? I mean, come on. It's all the way at the bottom.

They are stickied now, thanks to Raina!

Also, there's no timeline on these. If you want to make them your baby you can. Maybe That'sNotMyPirate will team up with you.

Can anyone provide me with an up to date guide or link for ( with tips and suggestions for abilities and builds) for Scout and Reaver ?
    Feeling like im doing sometimes bad combos compared to other players with different abilities

I think all the guides are here; http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=9920 . Im not sure if they are up-to-date but not much changed really.

Ugh, beat me to it. As of now, the only thing implemented into the game that is missing is Mark Target.

Thanks for the quick response guys, cheers!

mhmm, enjoy.

I have a question regarding the Sentinel/Razielim:

I've seen some flying moves i couldn't replicate so far...Similar to when you press "left" while flying you dodge to the left, i've seen some sentinels do that upwards and downwards.
    I was wondering...how do you do that?

Practice.... Also, when you drop a player the sentinel automatically dives then shoots right up.

Originally Posted by cmstache
    Practice.... Also, when you drop a player the sentinel automatically dives then shoots right up.
    Sorry but this didn't help at all...not sure if you understood my question.
    The same way you can dodge right and left while flying (by pressing right and left movement buttons), I've seen sentinels dodging up and down at will (no skill ability).
    I was wondering how do you dodge up and down.

I don't know of anyway to dodge upward, but I cancel and re-engage flight to "dodge" down.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    I don't know of anyway to dodge upward, but I cancel and re-engage flight to "dodge" down.
    This....

Saved my rear more than the side strafe ever did
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    No, it's not this what i meant.
    I'm having trouble explaining what i mean haha...I'll just give up and try to find out on my own.

Thanks for the help.

Too bad there isn't a Sentinel flying tutorial where i could test it out

Page 3 of 3 First First 123