Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: There Will Be a New LoK!

Victoria's latest message to everyone in the group:

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

All of this time both Aaron and I were acting in good faith, believing that we were speaking to the real Chris, and now it has been shown that we were taken in by someone impersonating Chris.

I am now speaking to the REAL Chris Bruno about everything that has happened!

Originally, when we were starting to send out our games ideas,

Both Aaron and I sent our games information to this address:

http://www.facebook.com/l/;www.eidos...line_subs.html

which is the genuine Eidos games submissions email.

what we got back has now been found to be on a different server: teameidos@mail.com.

what has happened means one of two things:

1.An Eidos employee has way too much time on their hands,

or

2.someone has found a bug in the Eidos website and has managed to contact us through the Eidos submissions form because of this.

I am now taking the following steps to rectify this:

1.I am speaking to the real Chris Bruno and trying to find out what has happened and why this person was impersonating him (and hopefully who this is).

2.Trying to find out how either someone at Eidos managed to get hold of the emails sent through the Eidos system.

3.Getting the fake Chris investigated by Facebook,

I am disappointed that someone has gone to this length to fool all of us.I put a lot of hard work into this and it is a shame that some people have the inclination to wind others up.

Ultimately it is up to you what you believe, and I am quite sure that some of you will think I did this and that is your choice. If this is the case, you are more than welcome to leave the group.

Those who think that a new game should be made however, are welcome to stay on board. Ultimately this could be a positive thing as Aaron and I will be able to send an even better script to Chris!

To Chris - what you have to work out? Well, Victoria is planning on submitting the script to you. And you telling her/us if there is a way we can submit anything to Eidos/SE (letters?) so we can push for another game. That's what I mean by "working something out".
    Yes, I'm the same Viperic Vampire from YouTube, deviantART, Legacy of Kain: Prodigal Sons and my own website!

I am very confident in saying this impersonation was not done by anyone at Eidos. I am tracking down where the emails to gcsubmissions@eidos.com go to find out who might have received anything sent to that email. Doubtful there is a bug in the Eidos website.

Over the year I have got lots of story ideas, scripts, fan fictions, etc. and would be happy to read through the script and give my opinion about it.

But I will be very honest with you and say even if a script is sent to me it is very unlikely that we would use it if we were to make a future Legacy of Kain game. Why you ask? Because if we do make another LOK game, chances are high that that team would have their own ideas on what and how they would like the game and script to be created.

Also, I am not really at all in charge of getting games approved.
    Christopher Bruno ~ QA Manager ~ Crystal Dynamics ~ Mastering ~ Eidos Inc
    cbruno@crystald.com

To be pessimistic, I can't see Eidos or CD going ahead with LoK, it'll either be rebooted down the line, sold, or left alone at Defiance. But hey, if games like Altered Beast get new instalments, why not LoK (granted it took years and the new Altered Beast sucked, but stay positive)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Crystal View Post
    Over the year I have got lots of story ideas, scripts, fan fictions, etc. and would be happy to read through the script and give my opinion about it.

But I will be very honest with you and say even if a script is sent to me it is very unlikely that we would use it if we were to make a future Legacy of Kain game. Why you ask? Because if we do make another LOK game, chances are high that that team would have their own ideas on what and how they would like the game and script to be created.

Also, I am not really at all in charge of getting games approved.
    I thought there were legal problems with people sending story ideas in. I'm surprised that you even read them because of the potential complications. Or am I missing something here?

Because if we do make another LOK game, chances are high that that team would have their own ideas on what and how they would like the game and script to be created.
    And I think it will be better than a fan script.
    I am afraid that a new LoK will retcon everything from past games like MGS 4 did...

I'm still not holding my breath. I have always thought and still think that the LOK series will finish with Defiance.
    It's good to know who you can trust, especially on the internet.

OK...this is really strange. An impersonation of an eidos employee, to get false endorsement for a fan game (sorry, but currently, at leasty, that's what it is), to trick fans into believing the fan game is official? Why?

Whatever comes of this, I'm currently skeptical, and will most likely remain so.

Guys, I'm not sure Chris' approval or disapproval means all that much (no offence). It takes more than one employee to approve,market, and launch a game. I'm open to correction, but I think he himself said that.

Finally, sincere thanks to Chris for dropping in to tell us that he's being impersonated. That's very important to know.
    I'd be apathetic if I weren't so lethargic-Peter Griffin

To be honest with you, the mere whiff of a fan game being developed by a professional company has serious legal ramifications that it was pretty obvious this was all one bix hoax.

The fact that this "Victoria" hasn't joined these forums herself should be indication enough.

(And if Victoria were to join after reading this message, I'd be highly dubious as to her identify.)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    To be honest with you, the mere whiff of a fan game being developed by a professional company has serious legal ramifications that it was pretty obvious this was all one bix hoax.

The fact that this "Victoria" hasn't joined these forums herself should be indication enough.

(And if Victoria were to join after reading this message, I'd be highly dubious as to her identify.)
    Yeah she should join the LoK forums... I mean this is where the LoK experts are

Oh I wouldn't say fans are experts!

Fans often do more harm than good to a series; best of intentions and all.

I think it's safe to say that the Legacy of Kain is dead. Good things don't last forever.
    Yes, I'm the same Viperic Vampire from YouTube, deviantART, Legacy of Kain: Prodigal Sons and my own website!

Quote Originally Posted by VipericVampire View Post
    I think it's safe to say that the Legacy of Kain is dead. Good things don't last forever.
    Thats very true.

Ever since this thing about Chris' fake account on facebook, it has seemed to good to be true.
    It looks like none of our questions about the series will be answered.

Also, i have been thinking, how exactly would the new game have tied in with Defiance? I would have expected the sequel to carry on from Kain in the Citadel with Raziel's soul trapped in the Reaver...
    NOT to have gone back in time or anything like that.
    There was Janos, the Hylden were freed...
    Why go back in time? By going back in time, the game could have brought about more questions than answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Escaton View Post
    Will you please stop saying that?
    okay...
    you want new legacy, contact square enix people.
    also, the main reason that se bought eidos is: tomb raider, not legacy.
    when will you give up people?

Quote Originally Posted by Sina View Post
    okay...
    you want new legacy, contact square enix people.
    also, the main reason that se bought eidos is: tomb raider, not legacy.
    when will you give up people?
    Hey, i gave up aaaages ago. In fact, i knew this was too good to be true!
    Eidos were only EVER interested in Tomb Raider, that's when i really gave up.
    It was obvious when Eidos got TR it was all they were gonna concentrate on.

Thumbs Down

By the way, has anyone taken a look at the petition lately?
    ONLY 1222 signatures... that would really get a new game wouldn't it?
    How long has the petition been up and running for?
    I thought LOK had a really big fan-base?!

It does.

The only problem is fans (as a whole) are grossly disorganised so they take it upon themselves to start their own pertition; rather than linking to pre-existing ones.

Okay I'm sure that a lot of people at Crystal Dynamics would LOVE to see the LoK series finished... Only they need permission from Eidos/Square Enix. Which means we have to ask Eidos/Square Enix for a final game. Is there any way to contact the ones pulling the strings at those companies?

If it were that simple, we'd have already played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils@Dusk View Post
    By the way, has anyone taken a look at the petition lately?
    ONLY 1222 signatures... that would really get a new game wouldn't it?
    How long has the petition been up and running for?
    I thought LOK had a really big fan-base?!
    petition doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    Okay I'm sure that a lot of people at Crystal Dynamics would LOVE to see the LoK series finished... Only they need permission from Eidos/Square Enix. Which means we have to ask Eidos/Square Enix for a final game. Is there any way to contact the ones pulling the strings at those companies?
    that's se now, eidos is dead.
    you can always visit se site & contact them, that's all you can do.
    but you'll waste your time.
    they'll release new legacy whenever they want & they don't care about the fans.
    the only thing that change this is money.

Sina is quite right, in my opinion. In a recent issue of Game Informer, an editor mentioned that they'd like to see a new LOK game, in fact I've seen this happen a few times over the last couple of years. In the last issue, there was an entire article about how certain franchises have lost their luster and should simply be allowed to die, such as Sonic, Turok, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.....

Tomb Raider.

The recent folly (read: greed) of the recording industry and RIAA proves that greed can severely cloud one's judgment. They have sued or attempted to sue every service that the internet has spawned that only serves to give FREE publicity and advertising to musicians and artists, and in so doing, they have slit their own throats by creating a profound backlash amongst both the public and the recording artists, AND NOW they are even suing the radio industry, one of their last allies left on planet earth!!! The radio business isn't going to be to keen on playing RIAA artists and the public has had enough of a greedy business model that over charges for simple polycarbonate discs when they can just listen for free on internet file sharing sites anyway. RIAA has orchestrated it's own doom from the beginning....

I think Janos said something similar to Raziel in characterizing the human persecution of vampires in SR2. "With every vampire they kill, they are slitting their own throats."

Anyway, it seems that SE/Eidos are, in a slightly less aggressive fashion, doing the same thing. The consensus is clear that Tomb Raider has run it's course, and when you have editors for major gaming magazines giving their support for a new LOK and openly tagging franchises such as Tomb Raider as being dead in the water and ready for the glue factory, and yet it is those dead franchises that the top-brass at SE/Eidos are giving their full support to, one can't help but think that the greed factor has grown into a self-defeating monster, and that they are ultimately shooting themselves in the foot.

A little greed is fine, it motivates you to get up, find your socks, and go to work to pay the rent and maybe have a little extra, but it can get to a point where it clouds better judgment, as I believe it has here. Knowing human nature and the fact that humans, which are of course the entities making the big decisions at these companies, rarely affect personal change, doesn't bode well for the series. The alcoholic drinks himself to death, the obese generally die of some health related issue, the perpetually broke stay broke. It is not very often that humans recognize their folly and set themselves on a course to change it, which is ultimately why I don't think a new LOK is likely anytime soon.

Sad, really. Vampires are a natural for video game subject matter, and yet they've been given so little worthy attention. Especially sad that such an epic story would grind to a halt and stay there.

Point is, the series is it's own worst enemy; it's too in-depth. Most gamers want casual games they can dip in and out of like Gears of War, Halo, and whatnot; games that don't make them think and/or are not too story-rich.

Legacy of Kain will always have a very niché audience and the only way to introduce new people to the series will be to severely dumb down the plot - which will irritate pre-existing fans.

Why not make a simple version for the Wii or Ds. They're not exactly games consoles. And you don't have to be LOK fans to work one!
    What i am saying is... you don't have to understand twisted storylines to work a... what seems like babies toy. (Come on Pippa Funnel horses! Its like a childs pre console at times, yes i do have one (DS)... but NOT Pippa Funnel)

Quote Originally Posted by Irklagathra View Post
    A little greed is fine, it motivates you to get up, find your socks, and go to work to pay the rent and maybe have a little extra, but it can get to a point where it clouds better judgment, as I believe it has here. Knowing human nature and the fact that humans, which are of course the entities making the big decisions at these companies, rarely affect personal change, doesn't bode well for the series. The alcoholic drinks himself to death, the obese generally die of some health related issue, the perpetually broke stay broke. It is not very often that humans recognize their folly and set themselves on a course to change it, which is ultimately why I don't think a new LOK is likely anytime soon.
    Foolish mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Point is, the series is it's own worst enemy; it's too in-depth. Most gamers want casual games they can dip in and out of like Gears of War, Halo, and whatnot; games that don't make them think and/or are not too story-rich.

Legacy of Kain will always have a very niché audience and the only way to introduce new people to the series will be to severely dumb down the plot - which will irritate pre-existing fans.
    I think Defiance was watered down for newcomers, they explicity said this was their intentions, with the DMC combat and camera, and the story wasn't as convoluted as SR2. SR2 is my favourite of the series specifically for its combat, camera, and story.

Quote Originally Posted by leazy View Post
    I think Defiance was watered down for newcomers, they explicity said this was their intentions, with the DMC combat and camera, and the story wasn't as convoluted as SR2. SR2 is my favourite of the series specifically for its combat, camera, and story.
    SR2 has a cumfy/warm feeling to it, every time I play it. Maybe it's because of the lighting.

Maybe, just maybe, Eidos will wake up one day and realize that Tomb Raider is not the only thing worth making games for?

I personally am very happy that Ritual Entertainment never got to do a LoK game. I couldn't imagine anyone, except Amy Hennig (as a story writer), finishing the series. After all, what you start, you finish. I would so love to see Amy, Daniel, Chris and the whole team get back together just to finish this. Either that, or Daniel and Chris and the whole CD team go and work with Amy at Naughty Dog to finish(?) LoK.

Yeah, my ideas are not realistic.

And about dumbing down a new LoK game to suit the general, mindless, action-loving and philosophy/deep-storyline hating populace, I would never, EVER, agree. I wouldn't even recognize it as part of the series.

We might see a new LoK, though the chances are slim. I thank Vicky and Aaron for trying their best, but, apparently, enthusiasm and hope doesn't cut it when it comes to giant, greedy corporations. Money is the primary objective. Stupid capitalism...

To sum up our vain hopes on getting a new LoK, I would say this would perfectly do the job:

US: (or petitions/letters)
    THEM:
    US:

Indeed, .

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast