Thread: Infomercials...LOL!

Rolleyes Infomercials...LOL!

Hi guys,

I was having trouble sleeping and switched the TV on here in the den and am currently being charmed into [not] buying the H2O steam mop

It comes on every early morning and looks like a piece of teflon rubbish and at approximately £80 it hardly seems like a gadget that will change my life but these presenters are hilarious. They try to convince you that you can't live without these things so I decided to Google the H20 steam mop when it was last on TV and well, read this:

http://www.infomercialratings.com/pr...am_mop_reviews

Some of the thread titles are hilarious:

"Steamed but mop is not!"

"Cleans Well, Breaks Fast"

"Sucks - actually, the lack of sucking was the prob"

Honestly, these infomercials are nothing if not misleading. Next time you view one and are remotely tempted just type the product being advertised into Google and add the word "scam" or "con" after it and I guarantee you'll be reluctant to call that number and order anything.

Thank goodness we have the internet to read REAL reviews from REAL buyers as opposed to these people they allegedly pay to say how wonderful it is and 'How this product changed my life'
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

I couldn't let a thread with this title go by without posting...... this....

"......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

I can't sleep either. I'm not watching much really, just sort of cycling through the channels. I like the Chop Slap commercial. I love when the guy (Vince?) says,"You're gonna love my nuts!"

I did see some of an infomercial. I think it was something about cleansing your colon? Ugh. There were some gross things. Oh god it's in my head. Why oh why did they have to show that guhhhhhhh. You know that one? A quick google search might get you. Try an image search. Not sure if anything will come up.

Anyway, I've NEVER ordered something from television. I've never called a number or anything. I made up my mind long ago that anything advertised on tv, that you can order by calling them, is a scam.

edit. I loved this one. If you know spanish it's particularly funny.

oh shiz there's a spanish version of his other thing too. He breaks the window in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomyDoomyDoomDoom View Post

I did see some of an infomercial. I think it was something about cleansing your colon?
    Haha I get that done for free, it's called Picolax

Don't let the bottom fall out of your world. Have a couple of sachets of prescription Picolax and watch the world fall out of your bottom!

Hilarious ads there guys!

Apparently, this money-back guarantee is almost impossible to actually achieve. They are ripe to sell it to you but the moment you get a problem they are nowhere to be seen (Much like British Telecom which is why I always phone the sales line and get answered immediately then I can be transferred internally).

One cosmetic product they were selling was exceptionally misleading. Once they got your credit card details they were charging people for further orders that they didn't request!

Wow, browsing youtube, I can see the people have had a lot of fun with commercials. There are some particularly fun ones with Vince repeatedly talking about his nuts.

This one really got to me though.

Magic Bullet for hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

Lol love the rap chop, and infomericials remind me of that one family guy episode with the infomercial, anyone else seen that?
    signature image

Nope but here for the record, is another mop we can't live without

Lo that woman is scary! Oh, how I wished that mop spilled everything on the audience too...

EDIT-

♪♫~If you can sit, you can get fit... The Hawaaaaiiiiii Chaiiiirrrrrr~♫♪

O.o

Fantastic thread! LOL

Gotta love the 'slap chop' lol.

Well folks a new day has dawned and as I was laid up earlier this morning with a bad back and unable to change channels via the sky box feed to the bedroom I was stuck with the dreaded infomercials on Zone Reality where I watch crime shows of an evening.

There's a real valid point to make here. Whilst the presenters actually highlight every questionable benefit of buying a product they neglect to point out the negative elements.

Take that "innovative" painting machine. You fill the chamber and it gives you a constant feed of paint to save you having to keep returning to your paint tray but judging by how it appears to go on as thick as cottage cheese I suspect that added to the cost of the self-cleaning machine, you'd need 800 tins of the stuff to get one wall covered

Then there's that Workx GT strimmer - a lump of cheap plastic if ever I saw one and they always select really antiquated alternatives to try and make their product look as hassle-free as humanly possible. It costs 4 times as much as my Flymo stimmer and and apart from being cordless (it would probably collapse if it had the added weight of a cable), it doesn't actually do anything extraordinary. Oh but it does have a handy plastic wheel just in case you are too blind to see where the edge of the lawn ends and the path starts

Oh and then there's the space bags - storage bags that are airtight so you can fit 15 duvets, 8 winter coats, 14,000 chair cushions and 26 teddy bears in a space no larger than that of a crisp packet. If you phone NOW (this minute, immediately, without delay..), you get another bag ABSOLUTELY not free - the same if you phone tomorrow, next month or in twenty years time. They must think we all came down in the last rain shower!!

Hah, yeah wtf. They still pull that "call in the next X minutes for blah blah blah. We can't do this all day!"

One of my dreams is to be an actor in an infomercial. Not actually using the product though. I want to be one of those clumsy idiots who can't do things the normal way. You know, fumbling batteries all over the place, tripping and falling over cables or poorly lit areas, smashing my bread up in an attempt to cut a slice, trying desperately to dust/vacuum an area I can't reach. Those kinds of things.

The Tiddy Bear

I love how they point out the spelling. The 'YouTube Poop: Tiddy Bear Molests Your Family' video is hilarious, but has some bad language I guess.

Thing is Doomy, regarding the spacebags, anyone who has 15 duvets, 8 winter coats and 26 teddy bears is a hoarder and unlikely to be concerned about space saving devices because they gave up trying to get into the lounge 26 years ago when the rats moved out.

That Teddy bear thing is hilarious - or more to the point the actress is. Even I don't grimace that much when my brother starts pressing buttons on my front passenger seat of the Citroen (I get lifted, suspended, moved forward, tilted into recline and that's before he turns on the air conditioning when it's minus 5 outside and my face turns blue and an icicle forms on my nostril)

They've even got UK gardening expert Tommy Walsh doing infomecials now. His brick levelling gadget sure looks good but he seems to forget that most people need planning permission before they start building a replica of the Taj Mahal in the garden

You guys are awesome

I bought the Magic Bullet from TV Shop a couple of years ago (I even think it was back when it was first released). It's a nice thing for cocktails, but not meat. It broke after a year. Some of the products from TVS are good, but they are like porcelain, they will break, and will stop working if you overuse them. Just one-time-things =/

(I want that bear)
    Villa, villa.

That Magic Bullet looks like something Kurtis Trent could use - if only to separate him from his seemingly cement-filled shoes

Oh and the innuendo of the Tiddy Bear - guranteed to give you a good ride LOL!!

Has anyone seen this before ?
    This was my first time seeing it through YouTube just minutes ago.

It's called the Comfort Wipe

Just watch the video. I think it's more uncomfortable with that "product."

The most ridiculous junk people come up with these days !

~~~~~~

Another one that's been out is called the Snuggie with Sleeves

People could just as easily purchase a thick, XXL sized robe and wear it backwards. Same concept.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRain View Post
    It's called the Comfort Wipe
    Wow, it seems like a joke, but it is actually real. Also, "Dignity"? wtf is she talking about.

I can't imagine somebody needing this thing..and I don't want to.

Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Smile

This is a great informercial, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB3mb5X1dYE

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse128 View Post
    This is a great informercial, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB3mb5X1dYE
    LMAO

Smile

They put it at the start of the movie 'lord of war', in which Nicholas Cage plays a arms dealer. Amnesty International endorsed the film as is shows how easy all the various loop-holes can be exploited

Many a time have I been mesmerized by the little giant ladder system

signature image
    The TimeSplitters Portal - For all your Time Splitting needs

Actually that ladder looks like my kinda tool!

I could use that to get into the attic as opposed to my wobbly step ladder with the missing bung

Here's a good one haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOmlf16XUP0