Thread: Comic Comedy!

Comic Comedy!

It's your opinion whenever or not the writing is bad, but you're telling me Harley Quinn is being out of character? Thats what i'm confused here about. You're really trying to tell as a fanboy you know more about Harley than her creator?

Originally Posted by Drazar
    It's your opinion whenever or not the writing is bad, but you're telling me Harley Quinn is being out of character? Thats what i'm confused here about. You're really trying to tell as a fanboy you know more about Harley than her creator?
    When did I say she was out of character?
    I said it was awful writing. Which is a wholly different thing.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "You can't be disgusted by spiderwebs! You're Batman!"

Well since you seem to be aware how to write Harley correct... How would you do it then? You seem to know how she thinks and acts more than her creator does.

Well since you seem to be aware how to write Harley correct... How would you do it then? You seem to know how she thinks and acts more than her creator does.

Really, Drazar, what have I done to you? You are so aggressive. :P

It wasn't about Harley, it was about a certain type of Batman comics that are becoming by far the majority of modern Batman comics. I will re-quote myself, since you don't seem to have paid much attention to what I wrote:

Originally Posted by E.Nygma
    The characters in recent Batman comics are.... well, they're comic book superhero characters. Nothing more than that. And I don't like them. Awful writing. No sense of style or art, whatsoever.

The characters of the Batman stories I love, just as they appear in certain not too recent comics, are much more than mere comic book characters. They have a certain style, maturity and psychological value that makes them appealing to adults, too. Certain specific episodes of BTAS are an excellent example of that, and BTAS surely wasn't made with an adults only target in mind. I miss that kind of maturity, that certain depth, that cleverness that gave them that little "something" that made me enjoy the stories and characters.
    Now, they're superficial, superficial, superficial. They're just shallow action figures who speak.

I guess it's also a matter of tastes, and after all recent comics are just as shallow as recent mainstream cinema is, for example.

And we could end this off-topic here and return to our scheduled comic comedy!

Ah sorry if i sounded aggressive lol, i mean i was really wondering what was so badly written in *that* particular scene, but regarding your comment on modern comics have you checked David Hine's Arkham Asylum "trilogy" ? It's psychological character driven crazy-horror with only small amount of superhero action taking place.

But yeah anyhow, here's one of my favorite new pictures of all time!:

Nice editing there...
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Ah sorry if i sounded aggressive lol, i mean i was really wondering what was so badly written in *that* particular scene, but regarding your comment on modern comics have you checked David Hine's Arkham Asylum "trilogy" ? It's psychological character driven crazy-horror with only small amount of superhero action taking place.
    Mmmh, I'm going to check that one...

And now, time I post something myself! This one's from seanbaby:

Witty signature for rent.

scrubs is a good show

That made me laugh so much. "Damn you... sir"
    An Artist of Artistic Art

Wow. That Luthor sure has a sick sense of humor.

"Jape" means joke, by the way. As in, he just made all that up.

the last bit of hope is always the hardest to snuff out !

haha lol where'd u find that? ^^
    XBL: DeviantART:
    knightbmb http://knightbmb.deviantart.com/

on deviant art!!
    the last bit of hope is always the hardest to snuff out !

What the hell is that?

EDIT:Wait,Music Meister?

Originally Posted by Veyrael
    Hmmm....I would watch that every now and then with my dad,but I never saw anything that funny

EDIT: Damn you...sir

^^^ NEVER GETS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. did anyone else notice the same dude plays every role?
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    ^^^ NEVER GETS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. did anyone else notice the same dude plays every role?
    I beleive the Joker is different... and possibley the comish. (Watch the behind the scenes)

The Dark Knight Alternate Ending

I can't bother my self to see if this has been posted before.
    HELP THE CAUSE! DONATE TO THE CHURCH OF RAZOR

Originally Posted by JackWinz
    I beleive the Joker is different... and possibley the comish. (Watch the behind the scenes)
    Nope, Mark Douglas does it all.

what's that supposed to mean

this is pure gold
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCM46CSwd8

how do you embed youtube vids?
    W.W.B.D. What Would Batman Do?

Page 28 of 46 First First ... 1824252627282930313238 ... Last