Thread: Comic Comedy!

Comic Comedy!

Originally Posted by Drazar
    EPIC I love Spidey. Isnt that Mcflaranes run on the series too? (the art style looks familiar)
    An Artist of Artistic Art

Sorry i have no clue where it's from. =/ But hey it's time for some Dick!

...Some Batman writers are just TERRIBLE. One wonders how did they manage to get the the job in the first place.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "You can't be disgusted by spiderwebs! You're Batman!"

There's some outstanding Dickie jokes there..... some of the writing... it does just boggle the mind at times. Though they missed out the bit on the rooftop with catwoman.... much funnier than just the kiss.
    I thought you realised that aftershave was meant to sting?

I like the "kid pulled a me" panel, but Smith goes a little overboard with the anatomical references. That line seems more in character for Spider-man than Nightwing. Still a good comic overall, though.

Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead
    I like the "kid pulled a me" panel, but Smith goes a little overboard with the anatomical references. That line seems more in character for Spider-man than Nightwing. Still a good comic overall, though.

No, actually, I can imagine Nightwing making a joke like that.
    What I really can't imagine is Batman smiling at it.

I also see some panels from the comics inspired by the Animated Series. I do love those. They actually contain some of the best Riddler stories ever!

That's a lot of Dick.
    HELP THE CAUSE! DONATE TO THE CHURCH OF RAZOR

Haha, I had the book this was from when I was a kid. It was such a cool book, with character bio's and short stories haha
    And cool pictures of batman fighting croc on the inner cover
    Haha, If I can find it i'll scan some more pages from this short story because It's quite a funny one

Its not Christmas, but whatever. I'm not sure if their even funny. but they were said to be.

Here's a collectors Robin mask - despite being hideous, I also find it a bit rediculous that you need a mask of the whole head when Robins only headgear is the eyepiece....

Aperantly Alfred has some crazy ninja skills too.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bdVR-JIDi2...n-one-pag.jpeg

Picture doesn't show for some reason... So I just put the link.

Originally Posted by E.Nygma
    No, actually, I can imagine Nightwing making a joke like that.
    What I really can't imagine is Batman smiling at it.
    So you call a writer bad because you can't accept Bruce Wayne having a sense of humour? For shame!

Can we use other DC characters or is it just glory hog Batman and related properties?

Aslong as it's Comics related.

Keep your eyes open!

This guy is good, he is making a mega trailer next month! Watch his other vids!
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

So you call a writer bad because you can't accept Bruce Wayne having a sense of humour? For shame!

I call him a bad writer, because Batman would never smile at such a poor, very childish kind of joke. Especially when it's a joke that involves someone's homicide!
    Batsy is too brooding and way too serious about his duty to ever have that kind of reaction.

So yes, I am pretty certain he is a bad writer.

Then again, many of the writers at DC are quite poor, if you ask my personal opinion. That's why it took me some time to discover the Batman comics. Then I find out there are also some pretty well-written and amusing stories hidden among all the garbage. Strangely enough, they also tend to be the less popular ones....

I call him a bad writer, because Batman would never smile at such a poor, very childish kind of joke. Especially when it's a joke that involves someone's homicide!
    The joke is about Nightwing leaving before Batman finishes his dialogue. It's been done before by other writers such as Mark Waid in Kingdom Come, is he now a bad writer too based off because *gasp* Batman actually has a sense of humour about his own crusade and how seriously he takes his things? Smith's Batman perfectly questions himself in his crusades and was he a smart man when he decided to train young teenagers into crime fighters. He also writes a very good Poison Ivy.

Also obviously the joke is a matter of taste. Maybe Bruce has a different taste then yours?

So yes, I am pretty certain he is a bad writer.
    Based off 1 page? Sheesh!

they also tend to be the less popular ones....
    Thats because the common readers in my experience take the art too seriously or too much interest on the villains instead of other aspects of the story. Everything Jeph Loeb has written gets crazy praises, while the only real good thing the guy has ever written for Batman happens to be the "least" popular one of his: Haunted Knight and Dark Victory.

It's like movies. Michael Bay can get crazy amount of money from his movies but the quality in story is... Yeah lets not delve into that.

I don't think Batman was smiling at Dick's joke in that strip... He was frowning until he noticed that Dick vanished in mid-convo. Then he smiled.

Whats wrong with that?
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

I won't get into a pointless argument about wether or not the author of that page is a bad writer or not. To me, he is a bad writer, and that ends the discussion. :P

Thats because the common readers in my experience take the art too seriously or too much interest on the villains instead of other aspects of the story. Everything Jeph Loeb has written gets crazy praises, while the only real good thing the guy has ever written for Batman happens to be the "least" popular one of his: Haunted Knight and Dark Victory.

It's like movies. Michael Bay can get crazy amount of money from his movies but the quality in story is... Yeah lets not delve into that.

No, they don't even take the art seriously. I wish that was the case. The truth is, they just have.... superficial tastes maybe?

Consider the Hush story arc, for example. To me, it was pretty awful in each of its aspects. And yet,I still hear so many fans claiming things like that it's "one of the best Riddler stories". Uhu? But it's one of the worst. I don't understand.
    Consider the popularity of Jim Lee's drawings. He has a few skills, but are we saying he has more skills than Simon Bisley or Garcia-Lopez or Brian Bolland and so on so on?

I noticed the comics of Batman I like hardly get the popularity of the comics of Batman I really don't like. It does make me wonder about what fans want.

I won't get into a pointless argument about wether or not the author of that page is a bad writer or not. To me, he is a bad writer, and that ends the discussion. :P
    It's just that you're almost judging a whole book based off the cover... In this case a page. But yeah lets not delve more into it!

No, they don't even take the art seriously. I wish that was the case. The truth is, they just have.... superficial tastes maybe?
    Haha well Jeph Loeb brings summer blockbuster into his stories. You got tons of action and tons of villains. Batman: Arkham Asylum has a simple (but much more effective) story where Batman is pitted againts good roster of villains and he has some good detective stuff going on too. So it gets a major praises easily because it delivers alot for a common batman fan who may or may not have read a single book or so.

Anyhow lets bring back the comedy into this thread:

Straight from the oddly amusing Seanbaby's Superfriends Page.

That's priceless ^

Who is that guy?

He looks like Warden Sharp.

LOL

Page 21 of 46 First First ... 1117181920212223242531 ... Last