Page 2 of 29 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Batman Arkham Asylum Video Thread

Batman Arkham Asylum Video Thread

the guy whos playing the full demo is pretty s**t
    "Its not who i am underneath, but what i DO that defines me"
    Batman is... There is yet to be a word invented to describe how cool Batman is.

Originally Posted by XxBatmanxX
    the guy whos playing the full demo is pretty s**t
    I know just put that up there so the people who havent played the demo can see what the actual game looks like.

Originally Posted by EliteF50
    Its already there, 9th video down.

jobby

Here is a video that is not up on the thread (i know its in another lang but its got a lot of good STORY gameplay footage) ..... just thought I would give whomever is in charge of the thread to put it up there ... for the story mode gameplay footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64swfFxnLmc

Originally Posted by KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
    Here is a video that is not up on the thread (i know its in another lang but its got a lot of good STORY gameplay footage) ..... just thought I would give whomever is in charge of the thread to put it up there ... for the story mode gameplay footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64swfFxnLmc
    Ok, ill add it to the OP. Nice find man IDontKnowHowYouGotThemScars

Originally Posted by CaptainMcMulla
    Ok, ill add it to the OP. Nice find man IDontKnowHowYouGotThemScars
    Dude ... thanks .... haha ... i got so much about creating a thread to find this video .... I saw it a few weeks ago and forgot where it was ... then when we found it ... there was this guy telling me it was old and its a waste of thread and that i was spamming ... but I hadnt seen it here and I thought there was a lot of good gameplay footage so i wanted people to see it .... haha so im glad that people are happy to see it .... kinda felt like a douche for a min

I would just like to say that this is an awesome thread, particularly the OP
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Originally Posted by Keir
    I would just like to say that this is an awesome forum for an awesome game.!

Originally Posted by Batman The Demon Hunter
    I would just like to say that this is an awesome forum for an awesome game.!
    Originally Posted by Keir
    Thank you people. I am really looking forward to this game, so i am going to contribute to this forum as much as i can. Also i would like to Thank Keir especially because he did something so i could embed the videos.

Has anyone got that video where hes showing Detective Mode in Story.

Originally Posted by Vexta
    Has anyone got that video where hes showing Detective Mode in Story.
    Try the X play videos or GameOne (German) video, them are the only one with story mode gameplay with detective mode in it.

Originally Posted by CaptainMcMulla
    Try the X play videos or GameOne (German) video, them are the only one with story mode gameplay with detective mode in it.
    Nah it was in a different language (Not the German one) It was a 2 part video.

Originally Posted by Vexta
    Nah it was in a different language (Not the German one) It was a 2 part video.
    I'll keep an eye out for it, see if i can find it. If i do i'll post it here straight away, if you find it just give me the links.

Here is the translation for the gameone (german video) ... translation by TAPETRVE

After the successful movie adaptation The Dark Knight, our eponymous hero returns to screens in another video game. However, Arkham Asylum is not based on a film, but rather sticks to its graphic novel origins. To illustrate the whole affair to those amongst you who don't know about the comics, we called in an expert. Bernd Strüfing, general manager at Hummel Comics in Hamburg, pretty much feels at home in the subject.

Strüfing: "Actually, I've been reading Batman since the mid 60s. In 1953, Batman had his first issues released in Germany, then sales were stopped for a while and eventually continued by Ehapa Publishing in 1966. And since then, I'm reading everything related to Batman."

Basically, Batman: Arkham Asylum tells its very own story, but still there are some ties to the graphic novel of the same name that was published in 1989.

Strüfing: "Arkham Asylum is the local psychiatric ward in Gotham City, where Batman turns in all enemies he defeated, hoping they might probably survive in there. Its a very dark place and the psychiatrists are not exactly conventional ones, in fact they are just as mad as the inmates themselves."

It becomes clear pretty quickly, The Joker planned his detention. Like in the novel, he gets the ward under control and takes the guards hostage in order to put pressure on Batman.

The fighting system seems quite complicated when watching, but it's simpler than it looks. Just head towards an enemy and press the attack button to unleash a furious hail of strokes. However, as soon as Batman has to face off against armed foes, things become a bit more difficult - Since he's everything but bulletproof.

Strüfer: "Batman in fact has no superpowers at all, he's a human being like all of us, except he has a lot of money and his great physical strength at his disposal. But in the end, he's just as vulnerable - which is the best thing about it - and he's suffering."

And thats why you've got to come up with something in order to dispatch all those thugs. Just like Batman, you keep looking for high places and swoop down on your enemies or you sneak up and silently take them out from behind.

Apart from his muscles, batman also has to use his brains. In dedective mode, you search for traces that lead to important characters or objects.

Strüfing: "Of course he also needs to do dedective work, because he has to solve the cases he's investigating. He uses forensic tools, he can take samples, he's trained in many qualities, which he acquired all by himself."

Besides, you use dedective mode in order to find secret passages or to scan a room for enemies.

As strange as it may sound, Arkham Asylum reminded us of Nintendo's Metroid series. In both games, you have to find your way through an open world and search the surroundings for secrets. Something else these games have in common is the emphasis on gadgets like the grappling hook, which is used to solve puzzles or to cross gaping chasms. Also looking for ducts that lead to other places is an element in gameplay either games share.

Up to now, we only received a preview version of Batman: Arkham Asylum. Nevertheless, we are very taken with the game and believe that in the end, passionate gamers and comic fans will be enthralled as well.

^ Thank you IDontKnowHowYouGotThemScars for typing it up & Thank you to TAPETRVE for translating it

17. Exclamation Batman Arkham Asylum - Joker PS3 exclusive trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1XsV7BQilg

while the guy isn't the best player out there,
    we get some good looks into the main menu, challenge room selection menu, how you take damage and what's affected by it, and some good ol' quips from The Joker.
    http://profile.mygamercard.net/GringoSuave89

Originally Posted by vulcanraven213
    I thought i would upload it as soon as i woke up i even had a sleepless night because i kept on thinking about it.

Originally Posted by GR1NG0_SU4V3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1XsV7BQilg

while the guy isn't the best player out there,
    we get some good looks into the main menu, challenge room selection menu, how you take damage and what's affected by it, and some good ol' quips from The Joker.
    We've got that check out the full demo video

Originally Posted by PeaceTree
    If someone can find this or put this video on youtube it would be better because i would be able to then embed it to the OP. But for now i'll post the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwMGO0F4c7Q

I dont think this one has been embeded

Batman The Demon Hunter, Thank you man. If you read the OP i need one more video which i need embeding so if you can find/upload it on youtube just post me the link. Thank you once again

Page 2 of 29 First First 12345612 ... Last