Thread: What are the NEGATIVES about LRFFXIII?

What are the NEGATIVES about LRFFXIII?

Well. The only time I ever felt he said a lil too much is after you have an hour left till 6:00am. He'll tell you when you have an hour left, 30min. and then 15 min. I haven't fled from any battles or haven't died yet, well I did once but I was able to revive myself. So I haven't heard that message from him. But I'm sure I will eventually. The thing that killed me once is the Cyclops in Yusnann. Thing is mad powerful, but luckily doesn't have a ton of HP.

I skipped your third paragraph cause it has spoilers for me. But reading the rest, it seems like you're having trouble with the battle system, and you may be in a location where the monsters are too strong for you to take on with your stats and/or ability to use the battle system. I only say that because you say you're dying a lot. No problem with that, you're just fighting monsters that are too strong and aren't in tune with fighting in this, that's all. That may be a good chunk of why you dislike the game. No one wants to just die over and over, never advancing.

I don't know how far I am. But I spent my first 4 days in Luxerion. Just running around doing side quest and canvas prayers, and fighting everything I saw. I didn't even use Chronostasis for the first 3 days cause I didn't know it was that useful. I'm on my 7th day now, and finished the main quest for Yusnann. I don't mean to scare you, but man, you thought Noel was/is hard.. Man, lol. But all bull to the side, Noel is no slouch either. I mean it is a boss fight. And it wouldn't be much fun to just mash buttons and beat him.

A suggestion would be for you to hang around Luxerion and fight the monsters there. I've only been there and in Yusnann so someone correct me if im wrong. But besides those owl looking things and the niblets (they die too fast), Luxerion is a good place to practice how to battle without much worry of dying with the exception of a few enemies in the graveyard at night. Are you doing/attempting Perfect Timing attacks with weapons and your magic attacks? That helps stagger things faster, does more damage and I think stuns em more/ can interrupt them better. If not, practice that. Take your time in fights, the clock doesn't tick, let your ATB fill up for your schemas so you can keep a nice lil assault for a while. But don't drain all three at once. You may need to block.. While your training, use your potions, or go to a nearby spot that serves food to heal yourself. It's not expensive to do so. Don't use Overclock. Unless you know you'll get those 2 EP back for winning the battle. Best to use Curaga if you're gonna use something vs a hard enemy. That's just my opinion. Unless you know you can finish em off or come close with OC and/or you have a good healing items.

If you haven't already. Read the 'Primers: Battle' section in yur Datalog. It'll help you understand how to fight and how you should be fighting. There's a lot of useful information in there. That seems to be the problem for you since you still haven't beaten Noel after being 8 days in. Though I'm not sure how many quests you've been doing and Canvas Prayers. If you've done a lot of them and still can't beat Noel, then knowing how to fight is where you're struggling.

But yea, in Luxerion, go to the Graveyard, The Warren, and this one spot on the right of the map that has a lil fence guarded by a sentry guard. It's entrance/exit is right next to the Cathedral. Those spots are good practice spots for you. The graveyard will be the hardest since it has two strong enemies that are in there. One is that huge dragon, and the other is some mech thing that's the mini veraion of the one that's in FFXIII. Use your Chronostasis when doing all this too. You'll get that one EP back soon.

And as for Hope. I guess I'm just one of the people that don't mind him as a character. I never understood all the hate for him by some. But is what it is I guess. I also think he was a good canadit for the roll in LR, seeing as he's the smart one, and with the history him and Light have together.
    Last edited by PuertoRicanStyL; 26th Feb 2014 at 09:04.

I don't know how easy, easy mode is. I think some parameters are different like, you fully heal after every battle, you don't lose time for escaping, and I'm not sure what else. But I think I read you get unlimited EP. So that means you'll be able to us Curaga and Overclock as much as you want. That should make things way easier.

I definitely plan on doing an easy run if the EP is unlimited so I could keep using Chronostasis and be able to do all the Quests and whatnot in one run.. Please. Nobody say if that matters or not, and/or what happens.

Originally Posted by Malpardis
    On normal difficulty, never touched easy. Only DLC gear I had was Cloud (which I didn't use for either fight) and Siegfried (same deal, didn't use for either fight). I also had 1 ether for Ereshkigal, none for Bhunivelze. I'm glad you're not a salesman, because your "guarantee" is flat out wrong. I'm neither a troll nor did I play on Easy.

It's doable to beat the final boss on the first playthrough on normal. Took me one try. Ereshkigal I can understand people not beating on their first run in Normal; it took me upwards of 10 tries or so before I got the hang of it. Once I downed him I decided to use most of that strategy for the Final Boss and managed to do it on try #1.

What you're saying about people needing to play through twice before tackling the final boss is nonsense. Ereshkigal or Aeronite I can see (though both are doable first play through; I haven't done Aeronite but there are videos of people who have).

In short: Just because YOU'VE never beaten the game on Normal on your first runthrough doesn't mean you should be telling people it's not possible. It's very possible; plenty of people have done it. Bhunivelze is just one big stagger check.

I never said it was impossible, I said it was unrealistic for the casual gamer. If your the sort that beats games like Dark Souls while never leveling up, then everything is "easy". To be perfectly honest I will say this, though there is no way to prove or disprove what you say, so proof or it didn't happen and ergo you are a troll, the type that goes onto game forums and brags about how easy it is and how great you are to rub things in for everyone else.

In the unlikely event that things are as you say, you can not honestly call any of it easy or realistic for the casual gamer (if youre the type that can beat dark souls with your eyes closed, then none of the normal rules apply to you).

Edit: If you want to argue this point, look through these forums, this thread alone has many reports of people not being able to get very far on their first playthrough, so my original comment that players are not expected to beat the game on the first run still stands.

Originally Posted by Mordeth_Kai
    I never said it was impossible, I said it was unrealistic for the casual gamer. If your the sort that beats games like Dark Souls while never leveling up, then everything is "easy". To be perfectly honest I will say this, though there is no way to prove or disprove what you say, so proof or it didn't happen and ergo you are a troll, the type that goes onto game forums and brags about how easy it is and how great you are to rub things in for everyone else.

In the unlikely event that things are as you say, you can not honestly call any of it easy or realistic for the casual gamer (if youre the type that can beat dark souls with your eyes closed, then none of the normal rules apply to you).

Edit: If you want to argue this point, look through these forums, this thread alone has many reports of people not being able to get very far on their first playthrough, so my original comment that players are not expected to beat the game on the first run still stands.
    Actually, I've never played Dark Souls. I'm a pretty casual gamer myself as is, but seriously, go to some other boards. Sure there are people asking how to beat xxxx on their first playthrough, but there are just as many people or more who have actually done it providing advice.

I will say, it's pretty unfortunate. You seem like a pretty knowledgeable guy, but it's unfortunate that you're so bad at the game that you have to resort to accusing anyone who's beaten the game on their first run through on Normal of lying, trolling, playing on Easy or spamming the boss with Overclock/Ethers (or having some overpowered DLC garb) just to make yourself feel better.

Look at other forums. Check out videos on Youtube. Sure I didn't record my first and so far only attempt at the boss because I didn't expect some forumite of whining at me, but there are plenty of people who have.

One playthrough is enough to get the stats you need, especially if you've unlocked the Ultimate Lair. I will concede this: If your definition of "casual gamer" means a boss has to take less than 3-5 tries, then i guess I must be pretty hardcore since it took me 10+ tries to beat Ereshkigal during my free time. Man oh man.

You may not have said it was "impossible" to beat the game on the first play through in those exact words, but you're just using qualifiers now. You said two things:

1.) That it's required to play through it twice in order to beat the last boss and
    2.) You GUARANTEED that I didn't do it on normal unless I had some overpowered DLC or spammed Overclock/Ethers.

And don't bother trying to edit your posts; I already have them quoted.

Originally Posted by PuertoRicanStyL
    I don't know how easy, easy mode is. I think some parameters are different like, you fully heal after every battle, you don't lose time for escaping, and I'm not sure what else. But I think I read you get unlimited EP. So that means you'll be able to us Curaga and Overclock as much as you want. That should make things way easier.

I definitely plan on doing an easy run if the EP is unlimited so I could keep using Chronostasis and be able to do all the Quests and whatnot in one run.. Please. Nobody say if that matters or not, and/or what happens.
    It doesn't matter if you do it on Easy or Normal, TBH. Drops are the same, mobs are easier on Easy, naturally, and your EP abilities cost 1 less. Also, you heal between battles and you don't have a time penalty for using your Escape.

It doesn't matter if you do it on Easy or Normal, TBH. Drops are the same, mobs are easier on Easy, naturally, and your EP abilities cost 1 less. Also, you heal between battles and you don't have a time penalty for using your Escape.
    Awesome. I'm only guessing the "1 less EP cost" rule applies to Chronostasis. Given what it does, I'm not sure though. But recall reading somebody saying they were playing on Easy and had unlimited Chronostasis.

Awesome. I'm only guessing the "1 less EP cost" rule applies to Chronostasis. Given what it does, I'm not sure though. But recall reading somebody saying they were playing on Easy and had unlimited Chronostasis.
    I don't know if the rule applies to Chronostasis or not, but even on Normal it's not hard to have "unlimited Chronostasis." Just fight mobs to get your EP back after you use it.

Hard mode it's a little tougher since the EP gain after the fight is reduced, but still not too bad.

Actually, I've never played Dark Souls. I'm a pretty casual gamer myself as is, but seriously, go to some other boards. Sure there are people asking how to beat xxxx on their first playthrough, but there are just as many people or more who have actually done it providing advice.

I will say, it's pretty unfortunate. You seem like a pretty knowledgeable guy, but it's unfortunate that you're so bad at the game that you have to resort to accusing anyone who's beaten the game on their first run through on Normal of lying, trolling, playing on Easy or spamming the boss with Overclock/Ethers (or having some overpowered DLC garb) just to make yourself feel better.

Look at other forums. Check out videos on Youtube. Sure I didn't record my first and so far only attempt at the boss because I didn't expect some forumite of whining at me, but there are plenty of people who have.

One playthrough is enough to get the stats you need, especially if you've unlocked the Ultimate Lair. I will concede this: If your definition of "casual gamer" means a boss has to take less than 3-5 tries, then i guess I must be pretty hardcore since it took me 10+ tries to beat Ereshkigal during my free time. Man oh man.

You may not have said it was "impossible" to beat the game on the first play through in those exact words, but you're just using qualifiers now. You said two things:

1.) That it's required to play through it twice in order to beat the last boss and
    2.) You GUARANTEED that I didn't do it on normal unless I had some overpowered DLC or spammed Overclock/Ethers.

And don't bother trying to edit your posts; I already have them quoted.
    I stand by everything I said, all of my edits have been to correct spelling errors or to add something, furthermore I have not edited anything more than a few minutes after posting.

I'm pretty convinced you are a troll at this point, or a bragging blatant liar. I've seen enough message boards on other games where people are complaining about the difficulty or asking advice on something they are having trouble with and some troll comes along and says "I did it first time, it was soo easy" purely for the sake of aggravating everyone else. While you may not have the blatant immaturity of the norm, its still a classic example. You are the only one I've seen in any of the forums I've looked through to even suggest beating the game on a first run is easy. Other people have suggested that it is possible, myself included, but you are the only person to call it an easy expectation. Troll elsewhere.

I stand by everything I said, all of my edits have been to correct spelling errors or to add something, furthermore I have not edited anything more than a few minutes after posting.

I'm pretty convinced you are a troll at this point, or a bragging blatant liar. I've seen enough message boards on other games where people are complaining about the difficulty or asking advice on something they are having trouble with and some troll comes along and says "I did it first time, it was soo easy" purely for the sake of aggravating everyone else. While you may not have the blatant immaturity of the norm, its still a classic example. You are the only one I've seen in any of the forums I've looked through to even suggest beating the game on a first run is easy. Other people have suggested that it is possible, myself included, but you are the only person to call it an easy expectation. Troll elsewhere.
    I never said it was easy, but I did say I had beaten the final boss on my first try using a strat I used for one of the "secret" bosses. But, since you insist on an example, well...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/68199...-xiii/68667285

Any questions? Because I'm not trolling. It's quite simple, really -- Why would someone go to a message board and create a thread just to say "I beat this game on normal on my first playthrough!"? They wouldn't, that's a waste of space. If people need help they will ask for it. Naturally you'll see people asking for help more than those who actually don't, because if you don't need help, why would you post something?

Now stop with your ridiculous accusations. Honestly, it's getting pathetic at this point.

I don't know if the rule applies to Chronostasis or not, but even on Normal it's not hard to have "unlimited Chronostasis." Just fight mobs to get your EP back after you use it.

Hard mode it's a little tougher since the EP gain after the fight is reduced, but still not too bad.
    For sure. You just need the monsters to be around to help keep that EP up. I've only been in two locations so far. And if I remember right, you just gotta hang in specific areas to fight monsters that give a decent chunk of EP. As far as I remember, there isn't a whole lot of em to run into during side quest. I know the Yusnann Palace has EP galore, hahah. Though I haven't been back in there after beating the boss fight.

I guess one just has to go to a place where monsters roam more frequently to help replenish EP when you get down to 2 or somethin. I remember when I first staryed using Chronostasis on my 4th day in Luxerion, it was working so good I actually wanted the day to come to an end, lol. The fights in the chaos clouds helped a lot.

For sure. You just need the monsters to be around to help keep that EP up. I've only been in two locations so far. And if I remember right, you just gotta hang in specific areas to fight monsters that give a decent chunk of EP. As far as I remember, there isn't a whole lot of em to run into during side quest. I know the Yusnann Palace has EP galore, hahah. Though I haven't been back in there after beating the boss fight.

I guess one just has to go to a place where monsters roam more frequently to help replenish EP when you get down to 2 or somethin. I remember when I first staryed using Chronostasis on my 4th day in Luxerion, it was working so good I actually wanted the day to come to an end, lol. The fights in the chaos clouds helped a lot.
    It depends, really. I know on a lot of the "highways" where you do the Roadworks quests a lot of the tougher monsters spawn there.

Worst comes to worst, just make the weaker monsters extinct. Then you'll get nothing but tough ones!

I never said it was easy, but I did say I had beaten the final boss on my first try using a strat I used for one of the "secret" bosses. But, since you insist on an example, well...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/68199...-xiii/68667285

Any questions? Because I'm not trolling. It's quite simple, really -- Why would someone go to a message board and create a thread just to say "I beat this game on normal on my first playthrough!"? They wouldn't, that's a waste of space. If people need help they will ask for it. Naturally you'll see people asking for help more than those who actually don't, because if you don't need help, why would you post something?

Now stop with your ridiculous accusations. Honestly, it's getting pathetic at this point.
    you implied it was easy and realistic in a thread where people have been saying that they were unable to do it after 3 playthroughs. Some have claimed to have spent 30 hrs unable to beat noel, and then you come along and imply that it is easy. This is a common troll. Regardless of whether or not you have done as you say, I have no reason to believe otherwise, especially when your first comment is to attack my own statement to said players not to worry about beating it on the first run.

I just skimmed most of the stuff cause I don't want to accidentally spoil anything for me. But I couldn't help notice reading about the side quest not having anything to do with the story. They have pretty much everything to do with the story. You're the Savior. The world is ending, people are losing hope in a future or feel no one cares for anything. And you help them get hope back by doing things that are specific to that individual. Among lots of other things that people want to accomplish before the world ends.

It's a shame this game has dislike from fans of FF in my opinion. I've been playing em since FFIII like some also and know Square always does new things with each FF. And that's what makes em great in my opinion. They don't take the COD route and keep doing the same things over and over and over cause people liked it the first time. They always are trying to create new things. That's one reason I like em.

So far I think this game has a lot of charm along with lots of little things thrown in that make it a fun experience. Like the acoustic version of New Bodhum being played by a street performer. When the crowd in the Slaughterhouse chanted the FFVII victory theme after a win for that quest. The lil street band in front of the Yusnann Station that's playing a theme from FFIII. The Tour Guide dude beeping his horn when talking to ya. When the singer in Yusnann laid her song writer out and he's lying there on his back while she started singing. Yet he's coo with it.

That's just some things I remember, I've only been in 2 locations and this game seems to have lots of great content in it all over the place.

To each their own, it's just a little mind boggling to know people think this is a terrible FF game. And I don't mean to sound rude. But I can't help but say if one feels they should give up on FF games because of this one. Then I'd say you probably should. Cause if this game doesn't feel like a good FF to x person, then they should move on or go back and play the PS and SNES versions of em. Cause I don't see Square going back, only forward.

you implied it was easy and realistic in a thread where people have been saying that they were unable to do it after 3 playthroughs. Some have claimed to have spent 30 hrs unable to beat noel, and then you come along and imply that it is easy. This is a common troll. Regardless of whether or not you have done as you say, I have no reason to believe otherwise, especially when your first comment is to attack my own statement to said players not to worry about beating it on the first run.
    Honestly? If you had said "don't worry about beating the boss on your first run, maybe try playing through it again" then I probably wouldn't have said anything. What you SAID was

I never played easy, but you will not be able to beat the final boss on the first play through on normal. I don't even know if thats hypothetically possible, but its not realistic. You are expected to do a minimum of 2 play throughs if you do almost all of the side quests with each play through, because quests are the only source of stat points.
    Which is entirely and wholly misleading. I said it was definitely possible to beat the boss on your first playthrough. Quite frankly, I don't really care if you believe -I- did it or not. Doesn't matter to me. I provided more proof that it's possible than you have that it's not. In fact, I think YOU'RE trolling people by telling them that beating the game on your first playthrough isn't possible when it is, especially when you GUARANTEE someone wasn't able to do it without spamming overclock and ethers or using overpowered DLC garbs. Seriously, foot in mouth.

Regardless, there's really not much more for me to say. You're the type of person who will continue going back on his words, adding more and more qualifying statements to try to make himself right in the end. I know your type, and I'm actually friends with someone who does that. There's no point debating because you'll continue going back on your words or adding more clarifiers/qualifers just to ensure you're not wrong.

It's okay, Mordeth. You can continue convincing yourself that it's not doable. Ignore the people who actually have, that's cool.

So you believe people are simple things to be summed up as this or that and nothing more? Well, I have my pride and I have my honor, and I will admit that I have been mistaken about weather or not the game can be realistically beaten on a first playthrough, but my biggest mistake was to allow myself to be baited, and I still dub thee troll.

So you believe people are simple things to be summed up as this or that and nothing more? Well, I have my pride and I have my honor, and I will admit that I have been mistaken about weather or not the game can be realistically beaten on a first playthrough, but my biggest mistake was to allow myself to be baited, and I still dub thee troll.
    ... Pride and honor? On a forum? Are you for real?

Eh, either way. Like I said before, I don't care if you call me a troll. I've already provided more than sufficient proof that beating the final boss on normal on your first playthrough is doable. If I say something, back it up and provide evidence, that's not called trolling, that's called proving a point.

I'm good with letting it drop here though; my point was made. And if anyone needs tips on the final boss on normal, check out the thread I linked -- Some people posted some tactics and strats.

is EP really unlimited on easy mode? I already knew that HP regenerates outside of battles (which is very appealing) but I didn't know about unlimited EP. Oh sorry about the spoiler, I thought you were ahead of me in the game. It's just for a dumb side quest. But just in case spoiler for the last couple of paragraphs in my post below.

I make to the scene with lightning and lumina from the gif set that I saw a couple days ago. The dialogue was a hit weird, I didn't really have any idea what was going on but got the basic gist of it by what lumina was talking about. Ok her face didn't morph into anyone in that scene....not yet anyway?

I'm not completing any more quests I just want to run down the timer so it can finally end and I can decide whether I want to do all the quest again....that is until I decided to finally visit the dead dunes and just explore. I completed the first part of the main quest and now fang's apart of my party! She is so f'ing awesome and I really like having her as a party member. So much that now I'm chrono farming just so I can fight with her in battles lol. The next part of the main quest where fang tells you to come with her to explore _______ those skeleton guys are creepy and remind me of the mummy (films). The ambience is spooky when you're weaving through those dark corridors and you turn a corner and a skeleton guy is charging towards you. That music, it really sets the spooky atmosphere. And it doesn't help I've got the volume pretty damn loud when I play.

That desert boss. I didn't even know what it was - first time I saw it, it was just a black orb eye-looking thing floating around, I'm like 'WTF? That'll be easy to beat'. Battle commences, ESCAPE ESCAPE ESCAPE!!!! at the time I didn't even have fang. And how do you beat the stupid chocobo eater in the place fang tells you to explore? I was behind it but when I died in battle and decided to leave I couldn't since the door was locked so I had to fight it again.

I'm still on my 8th day, it'll end in a couple hours. But I gotta say the dead dunes is pretty at night, it's not as dark as I thought it'd look at nighttime/early hours of the morning.

The desert boss is Aeronite, one of the secret bosses in the game. I'm working my way back up to beat him; some people have beaten him on their first play through but I myself am not nearly good enough. I tried it a few times and gave up when I realized I wasn't getting anywhere.

Earth Eaters are susceptible to Wind-based attacks. Use Aerora and Aero, Enaero potions if you have them, and the bracelet that grants Enaero for the first 60 seconds of battle. They are also almost 100% physical damage based, so you can use physical resist accessories.

They're still rough fights no matter how you slice it. Good timing is pretty key when it comes to attacking and blocking.

^ oh this autocorrect is making my grammar seem worse like I'm illiterate/dyslexic or something (which I'm not), lol.

I thought all those secret bosses were located in and infused with the chaos? Like zaltys in luxerion? But he's kind of a side quest. It's zaltys right, now just another dragon? It's late I can't remember. Are you doing your second playthrough on normal, hard or NG+? Thanks for the tip, I keep that in mind: spam wind-based attacks. Got it. Their physical attacks always get me even when I guard. Especially those enemies which regenerate health or when they attack (e.g. Skeleton foes) and they steal some of your HP. I don't even have evade. I've never used Enaero, I always have 4 hi-potions and 2 Phoenix-down's in my inventory. I always use them all in tough fights :/

Is it possible to complete most side quests (including canvas of prayers) in both luxerion and yusnaan and defeat both Noel and snow in 3 in-game days?? On easy normal, I might add. I know it's possible but hard. That's what I'm planning to do on my 2nd playthrough. What's a good 3rd garb to use against snow? I've thinking equilibrium, cloud's outfit and either midnight mauve or red mage (they're currently my go-to grabs). Probably midnight mauve since it has fire level 3 or my red mage garb has higher everything: HP, attack, magic and I think ATB regeneration. I dont know and not sure. any suggestions (id like to keep equilibrium and cloud's outfit)?I like the vengeance garb because of the beat down level 3, but that's the only reason I like it and can't find that same ability elsewhere.

Originally Posted by ValhallaChaos
    ^ oh this autocorrect is making my grammar seem worse like I'm illiterate/dyslexic or something (which I'm not), lol.

I thought all those secret bosses were located in and infused with the chaos? Like zaltys in luxerion? But he's kind of a side quest. It's zaltys right, now just another dragon? It's late I can't remember. Are you doing your second playthrough on normal, hard or NG+? Thanks for the tip, I keep that in mind: spam wind-based attacks. Got it. Their physical attacks always get me even when I guard. Especially those enemies which regenerate health or when they attack (e.g. Skeleton foes) and they steal some of your HP. I don't even have evade. I've never used Enaero, I always have 4 hi-potions and 2 Phoenix-down's in my inventory. I always use them all in tough fights :/

Is it possible to complete most side quests (including canvas of prayers) in both luxerion and yusnaan and defeat both Noel and snow in 3 in-game days?? On easy normal, I might add. I know it's possible but hard. That's what I'm planning to do on my 2nd playthrough. What's a good 3rd garb to use against snow? I've thinking equilibrium, cloud's outfit and either midnight mauve or red mage (they're currently my go-to grabs). Probably midnight mauve since it has fire level 3 or my red mage garb has higher everything: HP, attack, magic and I think ATB regeneration. I dont know and not sure. any suggestions (id like to keep equilibrium and cloud's outfit)?I like the vengeance garb because of the beat down level 3, but that's the only reason I like it and can't find that same ability elsewhere.
    They are not in chaos, actually. Ereshkigal is in the Ultimate Lair, which has no chaos infusions. I guess Aeronite could be if one pops up and you happen to run into his little black ball of electricity inside of it -- But you'd have to jump through some hoops to make that happen (or be very, very unlucky).

The Zaltys in Luxerion is a special case; he is scripted to be inside Chaos due to the quest. As for my second playthrough I'm doing NG+ on Hard so that I can play around with more garbs and upgrading weapons. Truth be told, your first playthrough of the game will be your hardest playthrough -- Once you hit NG+ you'll naturally be more experienced, as well as have good gear and equipment to make the early goings easier.

The best way to reduce damage taken from attacks is to have a shield with a high Guard value, as well as to time the blocks to Perfect Block (hitting the block button right as the attack is about to hit). I know that's not always feasible; I'm no pro at it either. If you get familiar with a particular mob's attack patterns, though, it'll become relatively easy to perfect block some of the attacks, and just normal block some of the attacks you haven't gotten the timing down on. As an example with the Earth Eater, I can usually perfect block his fist attacks and his little bite attacks, but I tend to have to normal block his "I don't feel good" and "Like I'd let you get away with that" attacks. Truth be told, if I'm not careful these mobs STILL kill me.

If you REALLY want to cheese them out, equip Quiet Guardian/Cyber Jumpsuit with Ghostly Hood (+75% physical damage resistance head accessory) and Guard Bracelet (IIRC) for 100% physical damage mitigation on that particular garb, switching to it when you're about to take some damage.

As for your next question, the answer would be yes. You would need to make judicious use of Chronostasis (and fight enemies to keep getting the EP to re-cast it again when it's down) and manage your time, since some of those quests are only achievable during certain times of the day. Do bear in mind though that the Canvas quests don't count towards getting more days, but they're an easy source of stats/gil as long as you're fighting mobs and not selling off their drops. I would definitely encourage doing them, since you may inadvertently get everything you need to complete them just by playing the game. If you have trouble with a quest, check the map. The main quests always have markers on them in terms of where you should go; sometimes the description will tell you exactly where you need to go and for the quest where you need to find the numbers on the wall in Luxerion, the map has all the locations laid for you (I actually did not know that when I first did it, but it would have made my life a LOT easier).

One thing to do is with Beatdown, equip a Spear. The Spear will enable Jump, which makes Beatdown and staggers more effective. You can usually find one in Ruffian once the weapon shop is unlocked.

Noel is really a block check; he tests your blocking timing and capabilities. With him though, all you need to do is stagger him, switch to Cloud, and Overclock with Slayer until he's dead. Snow is a bit tougher; he more gauges your reaction time. The idea with him is still the same though; stagger and beat him down. Be careful of Counter Attack and Counter Spell though; that's where the reaction part comes in -- If you see him do Counter Attack then hit him with spells, and vice-versa. Equip physical/ice resist accessories if possible, and if you have a Firewyrm Bracelet from the Wildlands, that'll be helpful too. Try to beat them before day 7 or 8, since they get a buff. If you do continue to have issues, you can also find strategies online, like here:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/ligh...w-to-beat-snow

For some bosses that I couldn't wrap my head around, I ended up looking up a video or two to see how other people did it, and to get a better idea of how to get a strategy going.

One thing I found out through my first playthrough -- Debuffs make things easier. Slow, Imperil, Deprotect, Deshell, Poison. If you haven't tried them out, give 'em a go. Imperil makes it easier to land debuffs (and I think it makes your spells hit a bit harder). Slow, well... Slows. Deprotect and Deshell are standard as far as increasing your damage output by debuffing your enemy's stats (and then you can slap on something like a Warrior's Potion). Poison does a LOT of damage; people don't notice, but if you get to some of the higher level mobs that have a lot of HP it'll do a lot of work. I found it to be pretty integral for some of the Last One mobs as well as Ereshkigal.

Outside of that, though, sorry for hijacking your thread earlier. ^^;;;

in this site you can find only negatives and positives about the game kukugames

Originally Posted by ValhallaChaos
    is EP really unlimited on easy mode? I already knew that HP regenerates outside of battles (which is very appealing) but I didn't know about unlimited EP. Oh sorry about the spoiler, I thought you were ahead of me in the game. It's just for a dumb side quest. But just in case spoiler for the last couple of paragraphs in my post below
    It's coo. I pretty much set myself up for spoilers just by going to a LR forum. I just can't help but to see what kind ot talk about the game is going on every once in a while. Thanks for the heads up on your last post though ^-^ And there's no 'dumb" side quest in this game *shakes fist* lol.

About the unlimited Chronostasis on Easy Mode. I looked it up, and it seems it'll still cost ya 1EP to use it. Good luck on your play throughs. Hope you can be determined enough to get better and beat Noel!

^ are you referring to my comment or the OP's about side quests? Or both?

IMO the side quests (not including canvas of prayers since I haven't done many of them) aren't related to the main plot and its characters. In a nutshell: sure lightning's the savior and has to save other people's souls as well. But to me, they're uninteresting and boring. And extremely time-consuming. Then again I hardly pay attention to the dialogue during cutscenes. Most likely I feel this way because I'm having arty time progressing through the main story.

^ yeah some people have mentioned minor spoilers which I'm trying to avoid like the mini boss fights, etc.

They are not in chaos, actually. Ereshkigal is in the Ultimate Lair, which has no chaos infusions. I guess Aeronite could be if one pops up and you happen to run into his little black ball of electricity inside of it -- But you'd have to jump through some hoops to make that happen (or be very, very unlucky).

The Zaltys in Luxerion is a special case; he is scripted to be inside Chaos due to the quest. As for my second playthrough I'm doing NG+ on Hard so that I can play around with more garbs and upgrading weapons. Truth be told, your first playthrough of the game will be your hardest playthrough -- Once you hit NG+ you'll naturally be more experienced, as well as have good gear and equipment to make the early goings easier.

The best way to reduce damage taken from attacks is to have a shield with a high Guard value, as well as to time the blocks to Perfect Block (hitting the block button right as the attack is about to hit). I know that's not always feasible; I'm no pro at it either. If you get familiar with a particular mob's attack patterns, though, it'll become relatively easy to perfect block some of the attacks, and just normal block some of the attacks you haven't gotten the timing down on. As an example with the Earth Eater, I can usually perfect block his fist attacks and his little bite attacks, but I tend to have to normal block his "I don't feel good" and "Like I'd let you get away with that" attacks. Truth be told, if I'm not careful these mobs STILL kill me.

If you REALLY want to cheese them out, equip Quiet Guardian/Cyber Jumpsuit with Ghostly Hood (+75% physical damage resistance head accessory) and Guard Bracelet (IIRC) for 100% physical damage mitigation on that particular garb, switching to it when you're about to take some damage.

As for your next question, the answer would be yes. You would need to make judicious use of Chronostasis (and fight enemies to keep getting the EP to re-cast it again when it's down) and manage your time, since some of those quests are only achievable during certain times of the day. Do bear in mind though that the Canvas quests don't count towards getting more days, but they're an easy source of stats/gil as long as you're fighting mobs and not selling off their drops. I would definitely encourage doing them, since you may inadvertently get everything you need to complete them just by playing the game. If you have trouble with a quest, check the map. The main quests always have markers on them in terms of where you should go; sometimes the description will tell you exactly where you need to go and for the quest where you need to find the numbers on the wall in Luxerion, the map has all the locations laid for you (I actually did not know that when I first did it, but it would have made my life a LOT easier).

One thing to do is with Beatdown, equip a Spear. The Spear will enable Jump, which makes Beatdown and staggers more effective. You can usually find one in Ruffian once the weapon shop is unlocked.

Noel is really a block check; he tests your blocking timing and capabilities. With him though, all you need to do is stagger him, switch to Cloud, and Overclock with Slayer until he's dead. Snow is a bit tougher; he more gauges your reaction time. The idea with him is still the same though; stagger and beat him down. Be careful of Counter Attack and Counter Spell though; that's where the reaction part comes in -- If you see him do Counter Attack then hit him with spells, and vice-versa. Equip physical/ice resist accessories if possible, and if you have a Firewyrm Bracelet from the Wildlands, that'll be helpful too. Try to beat them before day 7 or 8, since they get a buff. If you do continue to have issues, you can also find strategies online, like here:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/ligh...w-to-beat-snow

For some bosses that I couldn't wrap my head around, I ended up looking up a video or two to see how other people did it, and to get a better idea of how to get a strategy going.

One thing I found out through my first playthrough -- Debuffs make things easier. Slow, Imperil, Deprotect, Deshell, Poison. If you haven't tried them out, give 'em a go. Imperil makes it easier to land debuffs (and I think it makes your spells hit a bit harder). Slow, well... Slows. Deprotect and Deshell are standard as far as increasing your damage output by debuffing your enemy's stats (and then you can slap on something like a Warrior's Potion). Poison does a LOT of damage; people don't notice, but if you get to some of the higher level mobs that have a lot of HP it'll do a lot of work. I found it to be pretty integral for some of the Last One mobs as well as Ereshkigal.

Outside of that, though, sorry for hijacking your thread earlier. ^^;;;
    thanks for the detailed reply, really appreciate it. But I'll make this reply short.

Noel: yeah he seems to be pretty active like, moving/jumping around, evading your attacks.youre completely right but how he gages and challenges your timing and blocking skills. Compared to snow, Noel seems harder to decipher and strategize against. IMO snow just follows you, attacks a few times then regenerates/mediguards (whatever it's called that he does). I think in my 2nd playthough on easy ill have to load up on debuffs to defeat Noel. I'm thinking of beating Noel and snow + completing most of the side quests in yusnaan and luxerion in 3-4 days.

How much unused EP can you have on normal mode? I thought the limit was 5, but I've got 6 now but can't seem to get any more. I watched a video on YouTube and some guy had 9 EP on hard mode (he also beat snow on hard mode in 54 seconds. No joke o_O he didnt use overclock but he almost died at the end. Got 5 stars). No need to apologies for hijacking the thread - all about discussion. So all good. Looked like an intense convo so I didn't reply lol.

Minor spoilers about snow below for those who haven't reached him yet.. I'm still failing normal mode so can't spoil much but..I BEAT SNOW! yay. Lol, I couldn't believe it. In a nutshell: 9th day and final day so I decided to spend it trying to get to snow and if I fail: I fail. Man it takes ages to get to him. Too many battles with monsters. I used equilibrium, cloud's outfit and midnight mauve. Zero debuffs except for counterspell (I need tips on how to time and use it right). Is counterspell a debuff? Used up all my fire abilities. Evade helped, a lot. Didn't have any ice-resistant items to use so I couldn't use them, which sucked. I beat him in just over 11 minutes, no stars which is fine. I was just glad I finally completed a main quest, lol.

Without being too fangirly and annoying. THAT CUTSCENE (well cutscenes, before and after the battle) between snow and lightning! THE FEELS! :3 ok if whoever is reading this is a guy, you won't understand (lol), but I love snow and lightning as a couple (screw serah)...so that emotional scene between those two was great. Really fantastic. Fangirl aside, it shows just how much their relationship has grown and developed. Lightning didn't want to kill snow (she was hesitant) and she wanted him to return....and well you know, if you've beaten snow.

Now I just have to figure out what time he'll be in the augar's quarter(?) on my 10th day. Now I'm really going to let the timer run down. For a lack of a more appropriate word, I'm starting to 'enjoy' (I use that term loosely) playing LRFFXIII now. I've seen the snow/light cutscenes (one of the main reasons I bought the game) and lightning is stronger because I beat snow. It's a bit easier to fight in battles since I've got my go-to garbs now, etc. it's fun but I'm still disappointed in some things about this game.

I know I shouldn't have to say "SPOILERS" in this thread, but I know there's gonna be that one person who looks without reading and ends up spoiling it for themselves, so, "SPOILER WARNING!"

Alright. I know a lot of people are gonna say "Hope" and a lot of other people are gonna say "Snow" or "Some of the music was offsetting, but that's not the issue. I didn't like the ending. Not at all. It was very lackluster, and it seem like it was quickly put together without much thought at all. A dime a dozen ending that just left me feeling completely empty and crushed. I mean, sure, everyone made it at the end. But what happened? They killed the evil God and decided to remake the world into our world. No magic, Chocobos, Cocoon, Pulse. Nothing. Instead of going into a deeper depth of story telling at the end of a story, instead of making us go, "Wow, that was amazing! What a great ending! Everything's alright now." They instead went, "Oh Hey! Why don't we just hit the reset button! 'pfft!'"

PERSONAL OPINION
    Personally I would have liked to see Lightning be given just enough power from Bhunivezle to remake the world once, and instead of using all that power to remake the world like in this ending, you see everything they did in the first game flash onscreen up until they de-crystalized. When they wake up, Its just like the ending in the first game, except Fang and Vanille are there with them. They still have there L'Cie brands, but they're burned over like they were at the final battle. Lightning decided to remake the world just as it was before, but opted to keep the brands so Etro could hold back the Chaos. The new dawn they fought Bhunivezle for was the same dawn they fought Orphan and Barthandelus for. To me, that would have been a better ending. A more "Final Fantasy ending."

Let me know if you guys agree or disagree!

Veiron

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last