Thread: Thief RELEASE DATE - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Thief RELEASE DATE - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Here you go...First THI4F Screenshot?.

Many people who've seen it immediately say that cannot see it.

Release date?

Hey . . . i dont know if you know the release date of T4 . . . but I found this . . .

http://www.gameware.at/info/spaces/g...ryMaxPrice=all

Is it the rightl date?

If it isn't officially announced by the publisher or developers themselves, it's fake. If it happens to be correct, it was a lucky guess.

T4 hasn't been announced yet

All we have to go on is a screenshot. No other announcements have been made.
    Attention Dev Team: More levels like The Cradle, The Clocktower, from TDS. The Cathedral. Make note of our suggestions.

Please finish this game before 2012

I don't want the mass hysteria(or one of the many theories of the 2012 end of the world scenarios happening) to stop funding or production to conclude this masterpiece. Or at least giving the world an updated game modeled after the success TMA was to us fans.

I don't want this thread to devolve into whether or not 2012 is going to happen. Because anyone knowing how big the tinfoil groups for 2012 apocalypse are becoming means that there will be some sort of world panic. The question is how big it will be and how much of an impact on global economics, resources, and foreign policy is the date going to cause we won't know till it happens. Example:Y2K

However, I would rather avoid any slight possibility of this game not being published because of some future disaster even if its not apocalyptic it could be something simple like electronic gaming stocks fall because of poor economy so Eidos-Montreal has to cancel the game for more lucrative games and slash jobs to keep the company afloat. Making the delay of this game another 5 years till some other company picks up the game.

So, basically I'm asking Eidos to step up their game in completing the project within the next year to reduce the risk of never seeing the game or not seeing a sequel for a really long time ie Duke Nukem which took ten years to develop one of them being that 3D Realms had to restructure their dev team because of financial reasons in 2009 due to the housing bubble burst in 08 making the game take another two years to complete and nearly got cancelled

I know people are going to say that they want the devs to have the max amount of time to make the game perfecto and I normally would agree with that but this particular time in history has many recipes brewing that only need a few ingredients to cause chaos or at least could upset the financial markets of today
    TL;DR
    So, I think Eidos-Montreal needs a balance of taking time to complete but also to expedite what they can to make sure this great game gets released in a reasonable amount of time instead of it being another Duke Nukem that takes ten years to make

Do you want to wait till 2014 for a sequel? That's ten years since TDS but who says it will only be 10 years....

Hahahahahaha!

We all want it sooner than later, but we hope it's finished and as bug-free as possible, too, as well as with some modding tools not too long after release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

and there's nothing wrong with tinfoil hats, people have entirely the wrong idea about them

they don't keep the mind control signals out

they keep the mind control signals from the CIA implants in your teeth in

this is so you don't interfere with peoples mobile phones or flight control systems

you have to get your facts strait. Go and find out what the is the true meaning of the word apocalypse.

I'd rather EM took their time over the game and made it a fantastic game rather than rushed it because of a tiny minority of people's deranged religious beliefs!

Of course the Thief universe is inhabited by people with deranged religious beliefs, so maybe there would be some small irony in the game being scuppered because of a similar threat...

Yes please, release the game before the end of the world.

I LIKE BACON! U Mad bro?
    ^This is a part of the core design and a fundamental of Thief!

Wait... why it didn't occur to me before?! The game will be released in 2012 and the title will be "Thief IV: The Apocalypse Age".
    Story revolves around The Builder to come and destroy the world to rebuild it anew. The Hammers will be even more of crazy fanatics to await the end of the world and welcome it as The Builders gift to his children. Destroying the world also means to destroy the nature, which makes the Pagans to be opposed to the idea. The Hammers will believe that when the world is destroyed and rebuild, every single Hammer will be rebuilt and will populate The Builders newly forged paradise, which gives the Order of the Hammer a new influx of converts. Garrett does what he always does and finds out the truth about the Apocalypse.

This game is gonna rock!

the irony being we are all in this predicament because in a yet to be released game in the future garrett was transported back in time and his mission was the steal the rest of the dates off the mayan calendar, thus creating the end of the world crisis we will face on dec 21, 2012. nasty little paradox aint it. wonder if we get them back from his fence everything will be alright ?
    There is no Garrett, only Zuul!

*George Constanza* People are losin' it here! LOSIN' IT!

EM will probably work another year after the release of Deus EX: HR. Comparing the release of other games and the stir of promotion before a release date is set we'll probably not see a release in a while. They haven't released a single screenshot of the game yet, or no official if you count the unintended glimpses from the EM office.

After they focked up Mafia 2 and Witcher 2, I have very little hope left in the big modern pc titles. But at least Batman 2 should be great - Batman Arhkam Asylum is the only good console port that I have played.

Originally Posted by maikaal
    After they focked up Mafia 2 and Witcher 2, I have very little hope left in the big modern pc titles. But at least Batman 2 should be great - Batman Arhkam Asylum is the only good console port that I have played.
    Those are not Eidos Montreal titles.
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

Originally Posted by Bismarck186
    I don't want the mass hysteria(or one of the many theories of the 2012 end of the world scenarios happening) to stop funding or production to conclude this masterpiece. Or at least giving the world an updated game modeled after the success TMA was to us fans.

I don't want this thread to devolve into whether or not 2012 is going to happen. Because anyone knowing how big the tinfoil groups for 2012 apocalypse are becoming means that there will be some sort of world panic. The question is how big it will be and how much of an impact on global economics, resources, and foreign policy is the date going to cause we won't know till it happens. Example:Y2K

However, I would rather avoid any slight possibility of this game not being published because of some future disaster even if its not apocalyptic it could be something simple like electronic gaming stocks fall because of poor economy so Eidos-Montreal has to cancel the game for more lucrative games and slash jobs to keep the company afloat. Making the delay of this game another 5 years till some other company picks up the game.

So, basically I'm asking Eidos to step up their game in completing the project within the next year to reduce the risk of never seeing the game or not seeing a sequel for a really long time ie Duke Nukem which took ten years to develop one of them being that 3D Realms had to restructure their dev team because of financial reasons in 2009 due to the housing bubble burst in 08 making the game take another two years to complete and nearly got cancelled

I know people are going to say that they want the devs to have the max amount of time to make the game perfecto and I normally would agree with that but this particular time in history has many recipes brewing that only need a few ingredients to cause chaos or at least could upset the financial markets of today
    TL;DR
    So, I think Eidos-Montreal needs a balance of taking time to complete but also to expedite what they can to make sure this great game gets released in a reasonable amount of time instead of it being another Duke Nukem that takes ten years to make

Do you want to wait till 2014 for a sequel? That's ten years since TDS but who says it will only be 10 years....
    If it were like this, then that masterpiece called Thief - The Metal Age wouldn't came out... sounds familiar the word "Millennium Bug"??... If you have some memory, you remember that before 2000 all the news in the televisions told about a global breakdown of al the personal computers, because it was thought that they could not handle the passage from 99 to 100, being the year date with only two ciphers. But this didn't happen: computers just turned from 99 to 00. I remember that someone predicted even the apocalypse, because most of the engines in the nuclear reactors were controlled by computers... If LGS had your faith, well, then we would be not here to talk about Thief 4...
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²

Originally Posted by massimilianogoi
    sounds familiar the word "Millennium Bug"??... If you have some memory, you remember that before 2000 all the news in the televisions told about a global breakdown of al the personal computers, because it was thought that they could not handle the passage from 99 to 100, being the year date with only two ciphers. But this didn't happen: computers just turned from 99 to 00. I remember that someone predicted even the apocalypse, because most of the engines in the nuclear reactors were controlled by computers...
    But computers back then were not as sophisticated and too dumb to realise they were supposed to bring about the end of days.
    A bird in the hand is... Lunch tonight.

Originally Posted by Pieter888
    Those are not Eidos Montreal titles.
    I know, I was talking about the overall situation in the pc games industry, or is it anymore - it's a half a**ed console ports industry now

Originally Posted by Tryst
    But computers back then were not as sophisticated and too dumb to realise they were supposed to bring about the end of days.
    This is the same thing they told at that (Metal) age, compared to computer like Commodore or Atari.
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²

Originally Posted by cofiking
    you have to get your facts strait. Go and find out what the is the true meaning of the word apocalypse.
    FACT: I am definitely without a doubt........ the Truest Fan of the Thief franchise.

Page 10 of 23 First First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last