Thread: Land of the Dead - Bike Stuck!

Cool Land of the Dead - Bike Stuck!

I'm in the room with the statues, encircling the pit with the nasty water in it that kills Laura if she touches it. The pit has been drained, but there is still a little water left in it. Idiotic me, got the bike stuck down in the pit. It won't let me drive over the water to get onto the ramp to drive it out. Any ideas? I'm afraid I've already saved it after that point, so I can't rever to an an earlier save. I also can't proceed without the bike.

Thanks,
    Shannon

How did you get the bike near the Eitr? (the blue water)

Which version are you playing girl, and which level?

Try to reload a checkpoint, by 'killing Lara'. If that doesn't work, I am afraid you have to reload an earlier savegame. If you don't have a savegame, get one here: http://tombraiders.net/stella/savegame/TR8saves.html

Good luck!
    signature image

Unhappy Killed Laura, but still having problems.

I tried killing Laura, but even when it reloads, the bike is still stuck down in the pit! I thought because it had a ramp, that I needed to drive my bike down to get into the hole in the center. That's how I ended up in this predicament. I'm playing it on Playstation 2. I'm worried even a reload won't work. There HAS to be a way to bet the bike out of the pit by getting it up the ramp.

Shannon

It sounds as though you'll have to start the emtire level from the beginning again..I'm assuming the PS2 version creates autosaves at the beginning of each new level,the same as the PC and Xbox360 versions,so you should be able to restart that way..

Make sure when you create your own saves that you use multiple slots - don't keep overwriting the same save,or you'll have nothing to fall back on!..

^ Good advice.
    signature image

How do I restart a level?

Does anyone know how to restart a level on a PS2 version of the game?

Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by chrimajon View Post
    It sounds as though you'll have to start the emtire level from the beginning again..I'm assuming the PS2 version creates autosaves at the beginning of each new level,the same as the PC and Xbox360 versions,so you should be able to restart that way..

Make sure when you create your own saves that you use multiple slots - don't keep overwriting the same save,or you'll have nothing to fall back on!..

Hmmm, I don't have the PS2 version.

I know the 360 version autosaves at the beginning of every (sub)level. Those saves can't be overwritten.

Does the PS2 do the same? Haven't you made savegames yourself?

If not, get one by clicking the link in a few posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Croft View Post
    Ah! so THAT's what that stuff is called.

Boy this place is a fount of information,,,

a bubbling, blue, death fount of stuff I never knew before :-)

Good one L2R

Sounds incredibly close to Ether doesn't it?

I wonder if the two words are related somehow.
    Hehe, yeah it does sound similar!

I have read it in the Journal.
    signature image

You cannot restart a level, if you have no other save games you have to restart the game. Next time save at the start of the level and save on alternate save spots as you progress, you have 4 use them all. Once you have finished the level overwrite the old saves. When you finish the game you will be able to replay the levels in treasure hunt mode, then you can restart levels.

Also did you actually bother to go down and do the rest of the level? The default position for the bike is by the door, even if you got one bug which left the bike in the pool when Lara died, it seems unlikely you would get a second, when you come out of the ice area the bike should have been back by the door, no matter where you left it.

Love2Raid Stella's does not have PS2 saves.

She doesn't? *checks*

You're right! That's weird, I thought I saw a link on her site to PS2 saves a while ago...
    signature image

PS2 version came out much later especially in America, and it was not that well received.