Thread: THIEF ORDERS /DEALS / Merchandise /Comics Etc :NEW: The Eidos Anthology

THIEF ORDERS /DEALS / Merchandise /Comics Etc :NEW: The Eidos Anthology

personally id go for a figurine and considering if its anything like the ones from the assasins creed series and i dont know why but altair always reminded me of garret but garrets better
    and a cloth map would be awesome
    along with a couple of lock pics
    art work book
    making of dvd with cut scenes music etc etc
    mechanical garrets eye would be so cool but id be dissapointed because id want it to work and be able to look like a complete idiot and wear it admit it you all would if you could
    also a 20-minute episode would be awesome like is being done for so many games these days like eg: dead space downfall movie sets the game up perfectly
    and the new assasins creed linage episodes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct2kbLBuSOg

id be willing to pay between £70-100 ($100-150)depending on what the content on the exclusive editon was
    1 more thing i know its prob not at the moment but sooooo want this on console as ive never played the other thiefs only deadly shadows on the original xbox and was completly taken away when i played that game was awesome :-)

Has anyone suggested a pack of playing cards yet?
    I think this sort of item is not too expensive to manufacture and just imagine how much more fun we'll all have when we next play "Snap!"

The Trickster as the Joker, Garrett as the King, Viktoria as the Queen etc. The Jacks could be Benny and the lower cards could be the weapons and creatures etc. And the Eye as the Ace, perhaps?
    Yeah, I want a pack of Thief playing cards.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Nice!

Think that idea's been done already

Procrastination is the Thief 4 forum

Not enough Garrett or Benny, there.

I can't believe these havn't been suggested yet:
    1. do-it-yourself arrow set
    2. drunken Benny toilet seat
    3. a fully functional mechanist servant
    4. wack-a-hammer arcade game (blackjack not included)
    5. steampunkt beer opener
    6. an easy installable lock (replace your own door lock with this cool thief-like one (100% pickable))
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

I think some simple merchandise would do well enough. Action figures, shirts, posters and art books(my personal favorite merchandise), things like that.
    The question is: What is the theme of the new game going to be?
    Dark Project was about the Pagans
    Metal Age was about the Hammers and Mechanists
    Dark Shadows was about the Keepers.

Unless they are thinking about making something from each faction, I'd assume they would have primarily relevant items from the new game and theme.
    Calls The Serpents To The Heels Of My Foes! Calls The Ravens To Pecks Their Eyes!
    Calls The Jackals, Carry Thems Away. Their Children To Gnaw Bones In The Night!

flashbomb (maybe uber bright flashlight or something) whit some knob inside (and button on tob) and that knob controls how fast it blinks (0 = no blink, 100 = 1 blink in 5 seconds, 1 = 9999 blinks on 1 second xP)
    city map :3
    soundtrack cd
    (cant belive no one has suggested THIS one yet :0)
    Arrow, that has crystal on head but it has 3 knobs (knob methoids: 1. wireless controller, 2. see pic A ) Red knob, blue knob and green knob, then there is power button too.. and on that crystal there is 3x (or less or more) MULTICOLOR leds so that u can change the color of the leds whit that controller 83

dont rly care about flashbomb but i realy would like to see that multicolor arrow (whit multicolor you could create your own elemental arrows, pinkarrow and stuff like that)

EDIT: boredom, random pic of that arrow :3
    PIC A: link

While not a bad idea, I think adding something like an LED to a replica arrow would make it look less genuine while increasing the cost by quite a bit.

With regards to the arrows, I think the best idea is to either give a full arrow, or just the crystal part of one. I think randomly distributing the four colors would allow for nuts like myself to collect them. Or on second thought, they don't even have to be random. They could have 4 versions of the Collector's Edition box. They could use the same image, with the only change being the color of the arrow (which should be worked into the image like in Thief 1/G/2) indicating the color of the replica inside. No? Yes?

Thumbs Up Cloth map for my wall and hoodie for me, please

I LOVE the idea of a huge cloth map of SouthQuarter and the rest of the neighbourhoods!! That and a Thief hoodie are my favourites! It may be a little silly, but a soft leather blackjack is kinda cool too.
    For the cover art, how about a lock? Don't think they could make it pickable. But if they did, everyone would have to 'break into' their game box before they could play Thief...

I'm on board for the map idea too. However, should they decide to make a map, I think it should be comprehensive and attempt to take in elements of the three games. I know there was/is a group of individuals who were working on such a map. I think their work, should they desire it, be utilized by the developers. (With all the appropriate shout-outs to those whose efforts were involved. Sorry for not knowing you by name.)

I'm not a fan of comprehensive maps for Thief. Seeing the town map in Thief 3 ruined the feeling of a Thief "universe" for me. I'm more okay with just a section of town being portrayed. Maybe one of the bigger or more detailed maps in T2 would be cool.

Originally Posted by jtr7
    Nice!
    you're not okay with extra and bonus things, like unlocks, being made for the game itself, but you're okay with time, energy and resources being spent on these things? What happened to your philosophy of how every last resource should be toward making flawless gameplay? Just curious. An observation I'm curious to hear your reply to.

I see you concern. I should have noted that by comprehensive, I meant that it would include a large segment of territory, but not attempt to be so detailed as to have every single street. I guess it doesnt really work, but the mapping project I spoke about was neat, and I would love to see a polished version of it on my wall. By no means should they try to simply or remove the mystery surrounding the city; that would be a mistake.

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    you're not okay with extra and bonus things, like unlocks, being made for the game itself, but you're okay with time, energy and resources being spent on these things? What happened to your philosophy of how every last resource should be toward making flawless gameplay? Just curious. An observation I'm curious to hear your reply to.
    this uses marketing people rather than game developers, the game developers aren't responsible for the artwork on the box the game comes in, nor would they be responsible for the design of T shirts with Thi4f on them for example

in a large company like Square-Enix marketing budgets will be completely separate from development budgets

But it still would cost money to make these things, Theres only so much money, and when you apply additional money to marketing to do this stuff then there is less money for IT to do their stuff. I'm not saying I'm against some of these things.

It's like with UM making an Assassins Creed movie. That cost money. And the money spent making that movie couldve been spent on the actual game.

in an ideal world I'd agree, and yes ultimately the money does come out of the same coffer

however in my experience of corporate IT, everyone fights for their budget, marketing always gets a huge chunk of dosh, development gets just barely enough and once assigned the money never gets reassigned, so no matter what happens with marketing it won't affect development and vice versa

marketing always had better jollies as well

that said SE/EM could do their finances differently

I guess merchandise wouldn't be made available if it didn't make money. There has to be profit somehow, no matter how little.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I had to shake my head a couple of times as I read the wishes. Of course people have different opinions and stuff, but think it over first. Personally I think that it's not a good idea to take anything specific of Hammerites, Pagans or such. Because some people don't like Hammerites or some don't like Pagans so why would they like to pay anything of having their merchandise? This is Thief's collector's edition, so let's stay in the common Thief-stuff also.

When ya look at the other collector's editions they have gone the normal way: Artbook, Making of DVD, Soundtrack, game, maybe some extra missions, poster and a figure of somekind. That's what everyone is ready to pay for, I'm sure.

T-shirts wouldn't be that good idea to have in the collector's edition either. They could as well go and sell them separate in their own shop, because... There are fans that are size 10 or 15, BUT there also are fans that are size 4 to 7. So, my point is that should they have different sized t-shirts in editions? Too troublesome.

And uh... Arrows? I understand flashbombs, but arrows? Not saying that it's idiotic to want one, but still I don't think all the fans would like to get one. Personally I have no use for one.

Trinkets... Well, why would they make trinkets when people can go and buy and create their own fillings of the "treasure chest"?

Lockpicks aren't that bad, but again: you can buy own from the shops that are specialized or from the internet shops. And locks are the same. Mechanical eye is a good idea and unique, you won't have it anywhere else so that's a good example of a trinket fans would like to have.

I'm not sure about the playingcards either... There are cards of WoW, I understand it, but Thief is a lot different thing. 'Course one option would be to put from one to three Art Cards go with the Artbook, it would be nice. There is also the money issue. Would you like to have let's say... Build-an-arrow -set rather than a good quality figure of Garrett? They don't have money for all of the stuff.

What I am trying to say is that think what would be good for everyone. We can't have all of it, but we can affect to that what would please all of the fans. Let's work for that.

Are there any UK based Taffers who want to go in with me to get some T-Shirts.
    It's the same postage to ship 5 as to ship 1 and 6 or over is free.
    PM me and we'll sort it out through PayPal.
    (I can cover it up front)

I think some witty tee shirts would be good. You know, the simple white text on black shirt type that is sort of funny for someone who doesn't know the games, and really great for those that do. Maybe a quote from Garrett or Benny, or some other guard.
    Something like that. And a little THIEF logo on the back or something. Nothing big or flashy.
    Calls The Serpents To The Heels Of My Foes! Calls The Ravens To Pecks Their Eyes!

If the Collector's Edition contained some or all of the following, it would be a dream come true:

-25 or 32mm metal figure of Garrett (unpainted).
    -Soundtrack CD.
    -Hardcover art book.
    -DVD with making of, interviews and cutscenes (including the ones from the first games).
    -A DVD containing both Thief Gold and Thief II updated to work with Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7.
    -Posters and/or The City Map.
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

A little replica mechanical eye as a keyring or whatever is something I could get behind, same for an artbook. Action figures would just get tossed in the trash and I wouldn't be seen dead wearing video game branded clothing. That'd be worse than a wolfshirt.

I agree with whoever said that a map of the City would be a bad idea - part of the appeal is in the unknown, in allowing your imagination to fill in the blanks. Putting hard limits on the size, scope or layout (other than vague references we've already seen) just remove some of that thrill for me.
    Anyway Thief isn't like the old Ultima games where a large scale map would actually be useful. Thief games are split up into relatively small and confined spaces - even TDS's "open" City sections were small and cramped.

TDS missions were tiniest in the whole series.
    Missions in the originals were huge, complicated, detailed and living.

speaking of Special Edition and Merchandise.

Take a look at the Bioshock 2 special edition:

It comes with a vinyl and cd of the musical score, a hardcover art book, and three Rapture propaganda posters.
    Now think of something like that applied to Thief 4?

Maps for posters,
    Game score on cd,
    Artbook!?

I'm probably going to be ending up buying the Bioshock 2 special edition because for 40 more dollars than the game, I think the extra goodies are worth it..
    But following that logic, it shouldn't be hard to try for something similar for Thief 4.. Maybe some goodies for nostalgic purposes, like concept art from the older games or fun stuff like that.

Page 5 of 31 First First 12345678915 ... Last