Thread: THIEF ORDERS /DEALS / Merchandise /Comics Etc :NEW: The Eidos Anthology

THIEF ORDERS /DEALS / Merchandise /Comics Etc :NEW: The Eidos Anthology

Originally Posted by Master Taffer
    You're not obligated to like the game or its marginal success, but trying to paint a picture of unmitigated meltdown and constantly bashing it like you've done relentlessly since you arrived certainly doesn't equate to "telling truths."
    it's only the marketing that saved this game's ass from being a total financial failure. i hate to admit it, but i was one of the many people who were conned into pre-ordering this game before i realized it wasn't really a Thief game (or at least a good one).

after people bought the game, overall it was judged to be mediocre (which is a fail for Thief game). and there's not even enough demand for DLC (which is embarrassingly bad). so that's definitely what i would call a fail as a game - except for the marketing, which did a good job tricking people out of their money before they knew what was going on.

Originally Posted by Izztyrr
    There are no DLCs for Thief unreleased or otherwise. (thank goodness)
    yeah, thank goodness

Originally Posted by New Horizon
    I believe they were responding to the question of whether or not there would be anymore content to download...period. I highly doubt they're sitting on any unreleased DLC.

Indeed. As stated previously, it does seem unlikely.
    BUT unlikely doesn't equate to an impossibility.

Originally Posted by Britney
    it's only the marketing that saved this game's ass...
    How did it do this exactly?

and there's not even enough demand for DLC
    What makes you so sure of this?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Viktoria

Indeed. As stated previously, it does seem unlikely.
    BUT unlikely doesn't equate to an impossibility.
    i'd give it a snowball's chance in Hell.

What makes you so sure of this?
    if there was enough demand, they would have never stated "they don't have any DLC planned for Thief" - they would have said nothing, or announced that DLC is coming.

My hope is that they've started work on a sequel rather than wasting time with DLC.

I wonder, if there're no plans for a sequel at all, though, will they tell us? Or are they just gonna leave us waiting for the next few years until we eventually give up?

My main concern is what they are planning to do with the rights to the game if no sequel is in production. It would suck so much if they don't sell them on and just let the franchise die instead.

i'd give it a snowball's chance in Hell.
    Surreal. I like.

there was enough demand, they would have never stated "they don't have any DLC planned for Thief" - they would have said nothing, or announced that DLC is coming.
    They never asked the community if there was any demand for DLC. Certainly the demand appears to be there - if we go by posts made in the earlier discussion thread.

Originally Posted by knox140
    My hope is that they've started work on a sequel rather than wasting time with DLC.

I wonder, if there're no plans for a sequel at all, though, will they tell us? Or are they just gonna leave us waiting for the next few years until we eventually give up?

My main concern is what they are planning to do with the rights to the game if no sequel is in production. It would suck so much if they don't sell them on and just let the franchise die instead.
    You put forward some good questions and concerns.
    signature image

They never asked the community if there was any demand for DLC. Certainly the demand appears to be there - if we go by posts made in the earlier discussion thread.
    they do market surveys to determine these things, which goes way beyond the minuscule demand on this forum (even on this site there is mixed demand - not a good sign) - so no, there won't be any DLC.

they do market surveys to determine these things....

Who knows.
    All I do know is that if they offered further missions via DLC, I would definitely be interested in playing them.
    signature image

Who knows.
    i do - it's standard industry practice.

plus, they already said they're not making DLC for it, and they wouldn't have said that if they were going to make some.

All I do know is that if they offered further missions via DLC, I would definitely be interested in playing them.
    that may be your feelings, but you're in the small minority of people that want it - not enough demand to make it worthwhile for them.

plus, they already said they're not making DLC for it, and they wouldn't have said that if they were going to make some.
    I didn't mention them making some... I discussed the possibility that further DLC might already exist prior to that announcement.

that may be your feelings, but you're in the small minority of people that want it
    I'm not convinced there is a small mnority when we consider the posts made in the discussion thread I mentioned earlier.
    signature image

I didn't mention them making some... I discussed the possibility that further DLC might already exist prior to that announcement.
    everything they say is a public message - when they say they "don't have any DLC planned", that means "no DLC will be released" - there's no point giving out a negative signal to the public if they already have DLC developed.

This assumption could be correct, like I said.
    This doesn't mean that no further DLC was ever created and is hidden from us. I'm speculating of course.
    signature image

This assumption could be correct, like I said.
    it's not an assumption - you just don't understand how these things work.

This doesn't mean that no further DLC was ever created and is hidden from us.
    yes it does - just wait you'll see.

it's not an assumption - you just don't understand how these things work.
    You don't understand that I'm discussing possibilities. I've already agreed with probabilities and assumptions.

- just wait you'll see.
    Agreed. Time will reveal.
    signature image

[QUOTE=Viktoria;2036391]I would definitely enjoy playing further missions.

If you'd really like to play more of this game. Then I hope that you get your wish. I sincerely do.

I for one, don't want to see anymore of this shambling wreck of Thief. No DLCs, no SDK.

I've been a Thief fan since practically day one. The Dark Project is my favorite game ever. That game hooked like no other, before or since. I, like a lot of other old time fans. Waited a long time and was disappointed by this version. It lacks everything that made Thief great. Plus, it is a broken game. Just look at the disjointed story for a start. I could go on from here. But, I'd only be saying things already said in the reviews.

There is a kind of a curse related to the Thief sequels. After Thief II, Looking Glass went out of business. After III, Ion Storm went kaput. Not wishing anything bad on SE. But, after what they did to the franchise. I won't shed any tears for them should they go belly up too.

If you'd really like to play more of this game. Then I hope that you get your wish. I sincerely do.
    Thank you.
    signature image

FYI, just added to City Watch thread and translated from a German site:

Square Enix has today announced two new console game collections for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 that will be released on October 31 in trade at a price of 39.99 euros.

First, the "Ultimate Action Triple Pack", which is the award-winning action-adventure game Tomb Raider , the martial arts spectacle Sleeping Dogs and the chaotic action fireworks Just Cause 2 contains.
    Secondly, the "Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack", with the stealth classic Thief , the action slow game Hitman: Absolution , and the acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution .

If you want to catch up on the classics of the old consoles, the Triple-pack may, for example, pre-order at Amazon.de .
    http://pressakey.com/newsschnipsel,4...ungen-an,.html
    signature image

Cover Art:

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

So Thief, a brand new game. Is going to be bundled with a two year old game and a three year old game. That will sell for a steeply discounted price. Doesn't sound like its been flying off of the shelves.

So Thief, a brand new game. Is going to be bundled with a two year old game and a three year old game. That will sell for a steeply discounted price. Doesn't sound like its been flying off of the shelves.
    i know what you mean, it looks pretty bad - but i guess they're getting pretty desperate at this point.

Too funny. Relax taffers.
    Nothing is looking bad or desperate - SE already reported favourable sales and profits way back when.

The pack is obviously for gamers who haven't tried out any of the stealth titles in the bundle; I think it is a great promotional idea.

signature image

Too funny. Relax taffers.
    we are relaxed, and there's nothing funny about it - you're the one acting weird.

The pack is obviously for gamers who haven't tried out any of the stealth titles in the bundle; I think it is a great promotional idea.
    nuThief wouldn't already be in a discount bundle with 2-3 year old games unless it fell way below SE's expectations - desperate times call for desperate measures.

we are relaxed, and there's nothing funny about it
    Good to hear you're relaxed.
    I found the adjectives 'bad' and 'desperate' to be funny.

...unless it fell way below SE's expectations
    And did it?
    signature image

I dunno. If you add up the amazon prices of the games separately it comes to roughly the same amount.

Its clearly just a promotional bundle to introduce new fans to the titles and/or genre.
    signature image

Originally Posted by knox140
    If you add up the amazon prices of the games separately it comes to roughly the same amount.
    which makes it a bad promotion bundle.

Page 30 of 31 First First ... 20262728293031 Last