Thread: THIEF ORDERS /DEALS / Merchandise /Comics Etc :NEW: The Eidos Anthology

THIEF ORDERS /DEALS / Merchandise /Comics Etc :NEW: The Eidos Anthology

I'd like to see the developer's take a cue from Starbreeze's treatment of the Chronicles of Rid: Escape From Butcher Bay. First, they expanded the original game for the PC version to include a director's commentary and a bonus level. Then, the entire game was given a face-lift for current-gen consoles.

So, for Thief 4, a developer's commentary would be my #1 request for a collector's edition. Also, the first 2 games are EXTREMELY worth updating for current consoles like EFBB was done, and would make fine additions to a collector's addition.

My ideal Collector's Edition:

An in-universe box. Like a wood box with the Keeper symbol burned into it.

Soundtrack CD. Some of the best music I've ever heard in a game came from the Thief series. If it's still up to snuff, a soundtrack CD would be awesome.

A cloth map of the City.

A Thief Art Book, maybe with a little retrospective section looking back on the history of the Thief games.

Something I don't want - any kind of mechanical gadget or action figure. THESE NEVER WORK.

I bought the Fallout 3 survival edition, and the PipBoy clock broke after a week.

I bought the BioShock Collector's Edition, and the Big Daddy figurine was broken.

I bought the Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition, and the Altair figurine was broken.

FORGET THAT. I would love a mechanist trinket in my box, but not a piece of crap that costs 20 extra bucks that breaks during shipment. It dilutes the experience.

An LED "flashbomb" torch

A costume of Garret's outfit.

Originally Posted by Ice1019
    My ideal Collector's Edition:

An in-universe box. Like a wood box with the Keeper symbol burned into it.

Soundtrack CD. Some of the best music I've ever heard in a game came from the Thief series. If it's still up to snuff, a soundtrack CD would be awesome.

A cloth map of the City.

A Thief Art Book, maybe with a little retrospective section looking back on the history of the Thief games.

Something I don't want - any kind of mechanical gadget or action figure. THESE NEVER WORK.

I bought the Fallout 3 survival edition, and the PipBoy clock broke after a week.

I bought the BioShock Collector's Edition, and the Big Daddy figurine was broken.

I bought the Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition, and the Altair figurine was broken.

FORGET THAT. I would love a mechanist trinket in my box, but not a piece of crap that costs 20 extra bucks that breaks during shipment. It dilutes the experience.
    I don't care for figurines.

Actually this seems like a very good little guideline to making a Collector's edition of anything.

The World of Warcraft Collector's Editions contain art books, soundtrack CDs, maps (in the form of mousepads), as well as a "making of" dvd.

I'd buy the Collector's Edition of Thief 4 for those.

Wouldn't bother with collectible card games though.

Although a deck of ordinary playing cards might be fun.
    "Going legit is more trouble than it's worth." --- Garrett

A replica of some loot, most definitely.

And the builders hammer please.

Childen of Karras small replicas, made out of bronze like the original, with the same moves (minus deadly projectiles) and same lines.

Garrett costume in shades of dark green (not black) with hooded cloak
    life size nerf BJ
    life size non functional nerf short bow as long as it's a good model and not an obvious toy and stiff enough to be worn with the costume
    model Garretts eye with a deluxe version containing a camera with wifi, a rechargeable battery and possibly some gyroscope type mechanism so it can be turned and aimed on the spot by remote control (sigh ... if only) you could connect it via USB and use it as a webcam
    Thief figurines of characters including bots, maw creatures and spiders

costumes for other factions too
    nerf hammers, staffs etc..

A real life castle. (this could be inflatable so it would fit in the box)

Here's what I really want to see - Distribution by digital download or minimal, recyclable, preferably compostable, packaging. Get with the 21st Century all ready.

t-shirt that you can specify a size...
    some sort of garrett figurine
    poster definitely
    available on Steam

please no steam, I don't want to have to have an internet connection just so I can play, I want to be able to take my machine over to my sisters house and play there, she's not on t'interweb

I think a lot of games on steam that aren't valve's are not exclusive to steam, so you could still get a disk and play. But I use steam, and DS is there and Thief 4 as well would be great. Plus Valve likes to give discounts and value packs

I would like a black jack keychain please!

Originally Posted by kabatta
    Childen of Karras small replicas, made out of bronze like the original, with the same moves (minus deadly projectiles) and same lines.
    No, full scale replicas which are 100% functional!

Originally Posted by Stath MIA
    No, full scale replicas which are 100% functional!
    that, I'de toss it in the middle Pacific and hope it never finds me again.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

They are cute :*

I want a Big detailed Garret-figurine standing on my table! Builders hammer would be great too... Water,fire and moss arrow lamps

Yes to posters and T-shirts.
    No to plastic figures.

Maybe to replicas of loot but only if it's well done!
    "The world is in a constant conspiracy against the brave. It's the age-old struggle: the roar of the crowd on one side, and the voice of your conscience on the other."

I would want:
    some posters
    disk with soundtracks
    thief t-shirt
    map of the city
    art book
    hammerite rosary
    a fire crystal replica
    fake lockpicks
    maybe a burrick plush
    and maybe a golden boy

The Eye as a magnet floating and spinning over an electric-powered Hammer altar magnet.

*An idea I'd like to see, but I'd rather make it myself than for EM to actually take the suggestion seriously.*

I'd like to just point out that for merchandise, please don't make all this geek crap. Don't get me wrong, I love merchandise, but Valve really has done it right:

http://store.valvesoftware.com/tf2/tf2-tee.scout.html

http://store.valvesoftware.com/produ...rtalShirt.html

http://store.valvesoftware.com/produ...VansShirt.html

http://store.valvesoftware.com/produ...ar_GLaDOS.html

CLEVER, SUBTLE stuff that people who have played the games will get Please, no THI4F plastered across the front of my shirt or poster. Again, subtle allusions to the game on shirts and posters suffice (and again, look at some of Valve's merchandise). First of all, I'm not a walking advertisement. Secondly, while I like neat and clever merchandise, I'm not an ubergeek that proudly displays what video games he plays.

EDIT: The less text on the shirt/poster, the better IMHO.

Originally Posted by Icky6
    I'd like to just point out that for merchandise, please don't make all this geek crap. Don't get me wrong, I love merchandise, but Valve really has done it right:

http://store.valvesoftware.com/tf2/tf2-tee.scout.html

http://store.valvesoftware.com/produ...rtalShirt.html

http://store.valvesoftware.com/produ...VansShirt.html

http://store.valvesoftware.com/produ...ar_GLaDOS.html

CLEVER, SUBTLE stuff that people who have played the games will get Please, no THI4F plastered across the front of my shirt or poster. Again, subtle allusions to the game on shirts and posters suffice (and again, look at some of Valve's merchandise). First of all, I'm not a walking advertisement. Secondly, while I like neat and clever merchandise, I'm not an ubergeek that proudly displays what video games he plays.

EDIT: The less text on the shirt/poster, the better IMHO.
    Subtle things that can be worn in public . . . I like.

Some steampunk gismo would be nice.

I want a cape.Hehe
    "Not all shadows are cast by light, some are cast by darkness."

I would like to see a real model replica lockpick made of metal or something
    that would be awesome.
    A cloth map of the city Sounds awesome
    so does a making of.. dvd
    but please no plastic it would seem tacky in a collectors edition game.

Page 3 of 31 First First 123456713 ... Last