Thread: THE CITY WATCH -News/Interviews/Tweets - CLOSED, see new thread for 2012 onwards

THE CITY WATCH -News/Interviews/Tweets - CLOSED, see new thread for 2012 onwards

And hopefully they will be able to resist filling it with contemporary political and social themes...though that seems too much to ask in the modern gaming industry. Games it seems have become a new political machine (Mirror's Edge, Oblivion, AC, and the list goes on and on. I cannot think of a new release that was not).

The official Thief MUST BE OUT of politic, because is set in a world that is not our one, so there must be no relation. Thief must be a moment of distraction from the ugliness of our world. Very welcome the fan missions, instead.
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²

Originally Posted by Hexfire
    Not sure if it was already posted (sorry if it was), but:

It's so cool to see the #Thief4 dev team becoming the bigger one and taking the spotlight here at the studio. We're rollin' up in here!
    about 20 hours ago via TweetDeck

Source

A giant team is not exactly the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about a masterpiece game. Of course, he's not talking about the actual size of the team, it's about being the bigger dev team of Eidos Montreal and exceed DX3's, but that's how I feel about these giant sized companies. Its products may lost focus and a more personal touch. Anyway, I should stop rambling now.

At least the game is not cancelled or something.
    I saw that yesterday and I just hope that we'll hear something new about the actual game soon(not just the size of the dev team working on it) like gameplay and screenshots

Originally Posted by CheeseRoca
    I saw that yesterday and I just hope that we'll hear something new about the actual game soon(not just the size of the dev team working on it) like gameplay and screenshots

Eidos Test Forums. Ending on October 6, 2009.
    http://testforums.netops.eidosintera...play.php?f=269

Did we pass the test?

Totally made-up: This is the community data used by the core team and we've been spinning wheels ever since.
    Truth: Probably not. Interesting archive.

Cool

What this link is for? It readress me in the home page of the forum...

When I click it, it does not go to the current forum, but an archive predating October 7, 2009. Threads and posts made after October 6, 2009 do not exist there, and when I go there, the URL is clearly different.

Yes, that's true. I didn't noticed that...

Originally Posted by jtr7
    Eidos Test Forums. Ending on October 6, 2009.
    http://testforums.netops.eidosintera...play.php?f=269

Did we pass the test?

Totally made-up: This is the community data used by the core team and we've been spinning wheels ever since.
    Truth: Probably not. Interesting archive.
    Nice, how did you figure that one out?
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

I just noticed it was listed when I Googled eidos forums thief 4 on someone else's computer (since it would list more than just this forum). But really, I don't know what that test forum was about.

What the hell are they playing at?????

Hahahahahaha! Nothing insidious.

I just went back in time and spoke to our earlier selves to help them understand where we are currently at. i felt compelled to so they would not suffer so long without any new news. Please reference the last post (made by me today) in the Thoughta and Wishes thread of the 2009 forum:
    http://testforums.netops.eidosintera...=88483&page=22

Thief!!!

I'm not a big video game player/fan at all.
    But Thief is one exception. I am waiting until I know which console it is going to be released for, then I'm buying that console and buying the game. After I beat thief 4 a couple times....
    I guess It'll be back to waiting for Thief 5 to be released.

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    I just went back in time and spoke to our earlier selves to help them understand where we are currently at. i felt compelled to so they would not suffer so long without any new news. Please reference the last post (made by me today) in the Thoughta and Wishes thread of the 2009 forum:
    http://testforums.netops.eidosintera...=88483&page=22
    Oh man,

I'm having a blast
    http://testforums.netops.eidosintera...=88483&page=44

nice post DarknessFalls
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

Originally Posted by Dev Quote from article
    "Developers should more enthusiastically embrace alternative music models to resolve ongoing issues with linearity and to create a musical aesthetic that pushes away from the shadow of film."
    Yes, please. That would be nice.

Without knowing more, it sounds like the older titles' model more than TDS's. TDS used similar principles, but was clearly more cinematic in flavor, with longer pre-mixed composed tracks, than more emergently-arranged individual layered abstractions.

Originally Posted by Pieter888
    Oh man,

I'm having a blast
    http://testforums.netops.eidosintera...=88483&page=44

nice post DarknessFalls
    LOL!! Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Changing the future while we still can! hahaha, too funny

Thief 4 set for GDC reveal?

Originally Posted by Srosa
    You came alot late...

Not a lot.. just a couple days. And it is true that it should've been announced in this thread, since it is "news"

Discussion thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115872

what a tease. That's barely an article!
    Now I'm getting all excited again.

Don't let me down, EM!
    Calls The Serpents To The Heels Of My Foes! Calls The Ravens To Pecks Their Eyes!
    Calls The Jackals, Carry Thems Away. Their Children To Gnaw Bones In The Night!

Not really news (is anything in here though?) But checking up on the EM Twitter feed reveals
    eidosmontreal
    RT @Jonatchoo: Feels weird. I just took down all of the #DXHR concept art from the walls on the 6th floor, cause #Thief4 is there now. Rock it team Thief!
    Seems like thi4f is being ramped up a bit now...

yeah, thief is now gonna get the bigger part of the attention....

PS: Honestly, I don't care if they will screw this up. Just the fact that I will see my beloved series one more time, makes me more than excited. And all the opportunities that will appear to the mod community right after that....

Page 54 of 208 First First ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... Last