View Poll Results: Would you like Tomb Raider 9 to be M-Rated?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Keep Lara Teen

    43 26.38%
  • Yes. I'd like more realistic violence.

    107 65.64%
  • Yes. I want Lara to lose all respect by running around mostly naked.

    13 7.98%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 372

Thread: Tomb Raider 9: Possibly M-Rated, How do you feel?

  1. #26
    Finally...?

    And for the record, an M rating =/= Nude Raider Revisited.
    Just because it may get slapped with the big M doesn't mean they are making Lara stoop to "Partial Nudity" tags. GET REAL, people.

    More violence? Yes.
    More blood? Most likely.
    More language? Quite possibly.
    Nudity? I think not.



    I think it's about time TR has gotten an M rating.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,751
    No Nudity!!!

    I also don't want to hear the f-bomb. I think the words and amount of language used in legend should be the limit.
    signature image

  3. #28
    I think T is fine. TR doesn't need any M-rated content. There's very little that would benefit.

    Nudity, sexual content, strong language, drug use are all completely unnecessary and would detract more than add, in my opinion.

    Strong violence or gore might add a little but are still unnecessary. It would have to be an important part of the story to be worth it. I think getting an M-rating for gameplay death scenes would be a waste.
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,767
    You know what's been bothering me lately?

    Kids on the internet and gaming. I was playing Spineworld yesterday, and I almost got banned for saying 'hell', because miniclip 'wants to protect the kids'

    What has this to do with Tomb Raider?

    That TR is getting kiddier, and kiddier. And it's starting to be embarrassing to play it, and tell people that you like Tomb raider, because they immediately think of the newer games and go 'Oh? the kid game?"
    I want TR to be mature, and that it wouldn't be embarrassing to play it. I want blood, I want dialogue AND I DON'T WANT LARA LOOKING AT HER HANDS AFTER KILLING A MOUSE.

    I also want cracking bones when you die, the sound of danger in the whole game, that someone is behind you, AND FRIGGIN GRAVITY. I want her to grunt when she pulls up on a ledge, instead of flying on it like a crimson butterfly kuriam viskas pockhui, I want her to be violent and shoot a guy in the face just to borrow a helicopter.

    I miss the old days.
    Villa, villa.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,751
    ^

    I want to see an edgier game, something that really pushes the limit, something that gets parents complaining. I want to see blood burst from bodies. I want Lara to break people's necks(AOD). I want to see people on fire, screaming in agony. I want old fashioned kicks to the crotch followed by a knee in the face.

    Other than stuff like that I want it to be the same, maybe more advanced graphics but that won't bother me too much.

    (Legend language, ZERO nudity)

    I'm not disturbed for wanting that stuff, right?
    signature image

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    You know what's been bothering me lately?

    Kids on the internet and gaming. I was playing Spineworld yesterday, and I almost got banned for saying 'hell', because miniclip 'wants to protect the kids'

    What has this to do with Tomb Raider?

    That TR is getting kiddier, and kiddier. And it's starting to be embarrassing to play it, and tell people that you like Tomb raider, because they immediately think of the newer games and go 'Oh? the kid game?"
    I want TR to be mature, and that it wouldn't be embarrassing to play it. I want blood, I want dialogue AND I DON'T WANT LARA LOOKING AT HER HANDS AFTER KILLING A MOUSE.

    I also want cracking bones when you die, the sound of danger in the whole game, that someone is behind you, AND FRIGGIN GRAVITY. I want her to grunt when she pulls up on a ledge, instead of flying on it like a crimson butterfly kuriam viskas pockhui, I want her to be violent and shoot a guy in the face just to borrow a helicopter.

    I miss the old days.
    Completely agree, just because the game might me made as M-rated doesn't mean there will be an increase in nudity and bad Language. If the original TRs were to be classified and rated under todays standards then they would almost certainly be given an M-Rating. And there was no nudity or bad language there... why would there be now? It would just make the game that bit more realistic and enjoyable to play. And like you say rexie, less like a childrens' game!
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

  7. #32
    Ahem.




    NO.

    Why do they feel the need to do this to good games?!?!?!?

    I don't like this idea one bit. I wouldn't be allowed to play Tomb Raider. Am I the only kid here whose parents care about ratings?!?!?! If I were a parent, I sure as heck would not let my kids play M-rated games until they were out of my house. And we wonder why society is so messed up.

    P.S. Please don't eat me for the comment I just made.

    And even if I were to play it, I still don't like it. Tomb raider is supposed to attract all kinds of fans, and the rating of Teen brings in a happy medium. And If Lara runs aroud naked, you can bet fans will be extremely angry.


    And I thought that TR was an Adventure game, not a Shoot 'Em Up. Yeah, combat is important, but there is NO need to bloody up everything. If CCrystal does this, you can bet that I will drop this series like a hot potato.
    "Cheese is nice. Practically perfect in every way." And no, I DIDN'T STEAL THAT FROM MARY POPPINS!

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    You know what's been bothering me lately?

    Kids on the internet and gaming. I was playing Spineworld yesterday, and I almost got banned for saying 'hell', because miniclip 'wants to protect the kids'

    What has this to do with Tomb Raider?

    That TR is getting kiddier, and kiddier. And it's starting to be embarrassing to play it, and tell people that you like Tomb raider, because they immediately think of the newer games and go 'Oh? the kid game?"
    I want TR to be mature, and that it wouldn't be embarrassing to play it. I want blood, I want dialogue AND I DON'T WANT LARA LOOKING AT HER HANDS AFTER KILLING A MOUSE.

    I also want cracking bones when you die, the sound of danger in the whole game, that someone is behind you, AND FRIGGIN GRAVITY. I want her to grunt when she pulls up on a ledge, instead of flying on it like a crimson butterfly kuriam viskas pockhui, I want her to be violent and shoot a guy in the face just to borrow a helicopter.

    I miss the old days.

    As much as it pains me to admit it, TR is getting there.
    It doesn't bother me that the younger crowd plays the game, it bothers me that the content of the game is more favorable to the younger crowd. I wouldn't mind a bit more gore and more blood, a bit more fighting that isn't done in a cutscene that lasts 15 seconds.

    Need more action.
    And again, just because it says M doesn't mean they are going to throw in nudity, to those concerned. Not every M rated game has nekkidness.

    @Cheese: M rated games don't screw up society; bad parenting is the cause of that. That''s one excuse I despise the most. Video games and movies are what's making kids violent and shooting up schools, or doing drugs. Besides, it's M rated for a reason. Should the parent feel the game is too violent, or they don't know what the games is about, don't even buy it. You make yourself look stupid complaining about the content of a video game being to explicit for your child when you just spent fifty bucks plus on it without knowing what it was [[Grand Theft Auto Redux]].

    M DOES NOT MEAN NUDITY.

    This is starting to annoy me.
    People, you can't just assume they are going to make Lara strip down. They already know the fanbase wouldn't have it, or at least they SHOULD know it.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post

    As much as it pains me to admit it, TR is getting there.
    It doesn't bother me that the younger crowd plays the game, it bothers me that the content of the game is more favorable to the younger crowd. I wouldn't mind a bit more gore and more blood, a bit more fighting that isn't done in a cutscene that lasts 15 seconds.

    Need more action.
    And again, just because it says M doesn't mean they are going to throw in nudity, to those concerned. Not every M rated game has nekkidness.

    @Cheese: M rated games don't screw up society; bad parenting is the cause of that. That''s one excuse I despise the most. Video games and movies are what's making kids violent and shooting up schools, or doing drugs. Besides, it's M rated for a reason. Should the parent feel the game is too violent, or they don't know what the games is about, don't even buy it. You make yourself look stupid complaining about the content of a video game being to explicit for your child when you just spent fifty bucks plus on it without knowing what it was [[Grand Theft Auto Redux]].

    M DOES NOT MEAN NUDITY.

    This is starting to annoy me.
    People, you can't just assume they are going to make Lara strip down. They already know the fanbase wouldn't have it, or at least they SHOULD know it.

    Eh tu, LC?

    I'm stating that IF they make Lara strip for whatever the reason, whether she takes them of or they are burned off as an . . . " occupational hazard", you can bet fans will be angry. And look around. In some of the M games, whether we like it or not, people are losing clothes. Though I HIGHLY doubt that CD would dare go that route with Lara, you never know with the decreasing standard in game censorship, which will continue to be bounced down just a little more, a little at a time, until we have no censorship, But I suppose I'm one of the only people here who doesn't want an M game, so I'm preaching to the wrong crowd.

    More violent content, I suppose is fine, but PLEASE CD!!! Keep it under teen restrictions. There is no need to mop the floor with Lara's guts, or anyone elses. I don't mind a little blood, BUT NOTHING LIKE GTA. Please keep it appropriate enough for me to play. And I'm sure quite a few of your fans would appreciate it as well.
    "Cheese is nice. Practically perfect in every way." And no, I DIDN'T STEAL THAT FROM MARY POPPINS!

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese is nice. View Post
    Eh tu, LC?

    I'm stating that IF they make Lara strip for whatever the reason, whether she takes them of or they are burned off as an . . . " occupational hazard", you can bet fans will be angry. And look around. In some of the M games, whether we like it or not, people are losing clothes. Though I HIGHLY doubt that CD would dare go that route with Lara, you never know with the decreasing standard in game censorship, which will continue to be bounced down just a little more, a little at a time, until we have no censorship, But I suppose I'm one of the only people here who doesn't want an M game, so I'm preaching to the wrong crowd.

    More violent content, I suppose is fine, but PLEASE CD!!! Keep it under teen restrictions. There is no need to mop the floor with Lara's guts, or anyone elses. I don't mind a little blood, BUT NOTHING LIKE GTA. Please keep it appropriate enough for me to play. And I'm sure quite a few of your fans would appreciate it as well.
    omnomnomnom?

    SOME M games have nudity.
    SOME. I could probably look up a whole list of M rated games that have no noods.
    :B

    I just don't like it when people blame media on why their children are behaving a certain way. That's what parenting and discipline are for, and of course, restriction of certain content unless you feel they are mature enough to handle it.

    Sorry to eat your face.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    omnomnomnom?

    SOME M games have nudity.
    SOME. I could probably look up a whole list of M rated games that have no noods.
    :B

    I just don't like it when people blame media on why their children are behaving a certain way. That's what parenting and discipline are for, and of course, restriction of certain content unless you feel they are mature enough to handle it.

    Sorry to eat your face.
    I forgive you.
    By the way, that's why I said 'some'. Don't take it the wrong way, please. It's just this would really suck. I know if the game was given M, I couldn't play it, and a bunch of my friends couldnt. I liked Legend because it was a good game, and It didn't have too much objectionable content. Yeah, I understand the need to break free from a kids game and all, but I feel we don't have to totally do all of this stuff like this business about snapping necks and blood exploding from bodies. In my opinion, this isn't Tomb Raider. It sounds more like Bloodrayne to me.

    By the way LC, I still love you. In a non-creepy way.
    "Cheese is nice. Practically perfect in every way." And no, I DIDN'T STEAL THAT FROM MARY POPPINS!

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese is nice. View Post
    I don't like this idea one bit. I wouldn't be allowed to play Tomb Raider. Am I the only kid here whose parents care about ratings?!?!?! If I were a parent, I sure as heck would not let my kids play M-rated games until they were out of my house. And we wonder why society is so messed up.
    It was like that for me growing up. I remember being so angry when my dad returned Parasite Eve to the store... but I do think it's good for parents to keep their kids away from M-rated games (and be actual parents and explain why). It would be a pity for younger fans in this position if the game went M.

    Quote Originally Posted by NatlaUnleashed94 View Post
    I want to see an edgier game, something that really pushes the limit, something that gets parents complaining. I want to see blood burst from bodies. I want Lara to break people's necks(AOD). I want to see people on fire, screaming in agony. I want old fashioned kicks to the crotch followed by a knee in the face.
    Dong this on an M-rated level could be bad news... Blood spray and screaming in agony actually got Kurtis Trent's doppelganger banned from Australia [source]. Wouldn't want that to happen to Lara...

    I don't mind M-rated content, some of my all time favorites are M (Mass Effect, Oblivion, Eternal Darkness, Legacy of Kain series), but I just don't see this being necessary or even desirable for Tomb Raider. It has the potential to keep the game away from too many current fans.
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese is nice. View Post
    Ahem.
    I don't like this idea one bit. I wouldn't be allowed to play Tomb Raider. Am I the only kid here whose parents care about ratings?!?!?! If I were a parent, I sure as heck would not let my kids play M-rated games until they were out of my house. And we wonder why society is so messed up.

    And I thought that TR was an Adventure game, not a Shoot 'Em Up. Yeah, combat is important, but there is NO need to bloody up everything. If CCrystal does this, you can bet that I will drop this series like a hot potato.
    Nobody listens to the ratings anymore cos they are all set too high for modern society. From who plays video games and who watches some TV programmes you see they simply not realistic. That just weakens their meaning and causes people to take much less notice of them.

    I would have to wait for years to play the original TR from when I did. I don't think the TR series should cut back on violence. It's not a child's cartoon so if violence makes the game look better so be it. It doesn't need to be an 18 rating but a 15 like the Core games is fine. Do try not to get too hung up on the ratings.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese is nice. View Post
    I forgive you.
    By the way, that's why I said 'some'. Don't take it the wrong way, please. It's just this would really suck. I know if the game was given M, I couldn't play it, and a bunch of my friends couldnt. I liked Legend because it was a good game, and It didn't have too much objectionable content. Yeah, I understand the need to break free from a kids game and all, but I feel we don't have to totally do all of this stuff like this business about snapping necks and blood exploding from bodies. In my opinion, this isn't Tomb Raider. It sounds more like Bloodrayne to me.

    By the way LC, I still love you. In a non-creepy way.
    Love like family, love all the same.
    n_________n

    But just because they'll add more gore doesn't mean they will go overboard.
    I don't think they'll go directly into M ratings. Should they decide to take the route to M, they'll ease into it. You barely see any blood in TR as it is. Adding more gore in it would just raise to normal standards of gore plus a tad bit extra. I think it'd be cool to see some exploding bodies though...


    x3

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Flintmelody View Post
    Nobody listens to the ratings anymore cos they are all set too high for modern society. From who plays video games and who watches some TV programmes you see they simply not realistic. That just weakens their meaning and causes people to take much less notice of them.

    I would have to wait for years to play the original TR from when I did. I don't think the TR series should cut back on violence. It's not a child's cartoon so if violence makes the game look better so be it. It doesn't need to be an 18 rating but a 15 like the Core games is fine. Do try not to get too hung up on the ratings.
    I agree, like I said the Core games... the ones that were rated were classed as 15+ but if they were to be re-classifed to todays, overprotective standards then they would most probably be an 18. However there was no nudity then so why should there be now.

    I'm with LC on using video games and movies as a scapegoat for childrens' misbehaviour. That is bad parenting and they want someone other than themselves to blame. When I was younger my parents let me play games like TR, Resident Evil and Silent Hill because they knew that I knew that these worlds were not real or relevant to our actual world we live in. The games that were off limits to me though were GTA because of the content that did relate to our world and society and my parents wanted to keep me away from those themes such as murder, drugs and prostitution. The gore in games never affected me as i knew it wasn't real. Just like i knew that in real life if Lara got impaled she would not have a handy save game file to bring her back to life. Its the same principal as teaching an infant that after watching Peter Pan that real people cannot fly!

    TR at the moment is Teen rated yes, but its not even that now. TRU's age classification was 12+ which holds back more of the complex gameplay elements. Not just the blood and gore but more complex puzzles etc because younger kids cannot do them. This in my mind is what is holding TR back. Its just too kiddish for the majority. It could do well without an M-Rating just up the level of gameplay to an age more suitable for the majority audience!

    Sorry for my rant guys.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,767
    *Facepalm*

    Why do they feel the need to do this to good games?!?!?!?

    Because 95% of the time it makes it better!!!1!!!!1!111!!!1ONEHURDER!11

    I don't like this idea one bit. I wouldn't be allowed to play Tomb Raider. Am I the only kid here whose parents care about ratings?!?!?! If I were a parent, I sure as heck would not let my kids play M-rated games until they were out of my house. And we wonder why society is so messed up.

    ahem...

    IT'S NOT THE GAMING THAT MAKES PEOPLE MESSED UP!

    It's the parents. The first thing they do when they see a screwed up kid, are 'They play too much video games'.
    Gaming ratings doesn't mean ANYTHING. There are many great games rated M, and are perfectly normal. It's not the games that screw people up, it's their rolemodels and people in their everyday-lives. Stop blaming the games.


    And even if I were to play it, I still don't like it. Tomb raider is supposed to attract all kinds of fans, and the rating of Teen brings in a happy medium. And If Lara runs aroud naked, you can bet fans will be extremely angry.


    No it doesn't, and no they won't. And you obviously don't understand sarcasm, because the last option was the 'third option'. I can't stand people with those attitudes 'It's not red, I will not eat it' Buy the game, screw the ratings, and enjoy it. Because if you're going to * the whole game "It's M ratid! BAAAAAWWWW!" it won't get you anywhere.

    And I thought that TR was an Adventure game, not a Shoot 'Em Up. Yeah, combat is important, but there is NO need to bloody up everything. If CCrystal does this, you can bet that I will drop this series like a hot potato

    It's both. And who the hell said we want everything bloody?
    And they'll do that, because there are enough fans out there who want mature TR.

    Thankyou and goodbaaaw.

    EDIT; I'm going all TRS here, but why the hell does men ALWAYS think when they see a M rated TR, that Lara will strip?
    Villa, villa.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,270
    I picked "Yes. I'd like more realistic violence."

    "Yes. I want Lara to lose all respect by running around mostly naked" is hilarious!!!!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,751
    People like combat. If Crystal wants to revive the series they should definately add in more. If they were really smart (which they could be. Legend and Underworld are masterpieces, just not popular masterpieces.) they could find a way to add in the fighting without straying too much from TR's roots.

    +1 Rexie
    signature image

  19. #44
    A mature rating would be great. Not only could the violence be improved & hard-core but Lara's dialogue could be more realistic. I know there's alot of newcomers who have just begun playing TR but those of us who have stayed with Lara since her first adventure are plenty old enough for a Mature rated TR.

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    *Facepalm*

    Why do they feel the need to do this to good games?!?!?!?

    Because 95% of the time it makes it better!!!1!!!!1!111!!!1ONEHURDER!11

    I don't like this idea one bit. I wouldn't be allowed to play Tomb Raider. Am I the only kid here whose parents care about ratings?!?!?! If I were a parent, I sure as heck would not let my kids play M-rated games until they were out of my house. And we wonder why society is so messed up.

    ahem...

    IT'S NOT THE GAMING THAT MAKES PEOPLE MESSED UP!

    It's the parents. The first thing they do when they see a screwed up kid, are 'They play too much video games'.
    Gaming ratings doesn't mean ANYTHING. There are many great games rated M, and are perfectly normal. It's not the games that screw people up, it's their rolemodels and people in their everyday-lives. Stop blaming the games.


    And even if I were to play it, I still don't like it. Tomb raider is supposed to attract all kinds of fans, and the rating of Teen brings in a happy medium. And If Lara runs aroud naked, you can bet fans will be extremely angry.


    No it doesn't, and no they won't. And you obviously don't understand sarcasm, because the last option was the 'third option'. I can't stand people with those attitudes 'It's not red, I will not eat it' Buy the game, screw the ratings, and enjoy it. Because if you're going to * the whole game "It's M ratid! BAAAAAWWWW!" it won't get you anywhere.

    And I thought that TR was an Adventure game, not a Shoot 'Em Up. Yeah, combat is important, but there is NO need to bloody up everything. If CCrystal does this, you can bet that I will drop this series like a hot potato

    It's both. And who the hell said we want everything bloody?
    And they'll do that, because there are enough fans out there who want mature TR.

    Thankyou and goodbaaaw.

    EDIT; I'm going all TRS here, but why the hell does men ALWAYS think when they see a M rated TR, that Lara will strip?
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,949
    @ LC is Me, Good one lol.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    @ LC is Me, Good one lol.
    I was trying not to get too angry in my posts, but I felt Rexie let her rage out for her and everyone else with a little pent up frustration.
    xD

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,949
    lol, as did I. I felt like applauding when i read it.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,767
    Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    I was trying not to get too angry in my posts, but I felt Rexie let her rage out for her and everyone else with a little pent up frustration.
    xD
    That was the result of 3 hours of sleep and playing PWI the whole day. XD

    When I'm tired, bad things happen.

    And of course, I blame the dog. He is the one who wakes me up 5 freakin AM.
    Villa, villa.

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    That was the result of 3 hours of sleep and playing PWI the whole day. XD

    When I'm tired, bad things happen.

    And of course, I blame the dog. He is the one who wakes me up 5 freakin AM.
    I'd be way past rage if that were me.
    xDD

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •