View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman

72 86.75%
  • Snake

11 13.25%
Page 6 of 6 First First ... 23456

Thread: Batman vs Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Batman vs Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Originally Posted by BigBoss
    And having this poll on BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM isn't biased???? loloolollololoololllolol You are such a freakin fanboy it's insane. Ok you win. When batman is put into the context of not being bound by realism despite the fact that he is only a man, then yes under those circumstances he would win on his magical unicorn and faster than light reflexes. But if snake was put into your same lala land i'm sure he would have laser beam eyes and could grind marbles into dust like your batman. You are aware that Batman is so much more popular than superman for precisely the exact opposite reason of what you just said right?
    So far no one here arguing has fell into either category, except you [fanboy and ignorance of Batman] and you're inner troll is starting to come out, I would watch it if I were you.

I don't think you understand [but then again you have little knowledge of the character] in comics humans do unrealistic things on a regular basis. People don't like Batman because he's realistic, they like him because he is a deeper, darker, and moire interesting character then Superman is. It has nothing to do with how realistic he is because when people read comics, they aren't looking for realism. This same thing applies with other fictional books, if I read Lord of the Rings, I don't read it to learn modern day military tactics, it's an escape from reality.

Since you've only read 2 or 3 trade backs on a character with 70 years of history, I'll explain. Batman can do unrealistic feats without any super powers. He performs his feats on his skill and physical ability alone which both severely outclass Snakes. So I really have no idea what point you're trying to make.

If I go on the MGS board you mentioned and started the same topic then the answer would be simple, MGS fanboys with no knowledge of Batman would argue Snake winning. On this forum, where people actually have knowledge of both characters, the answer is obvious.
    This Batman AA forum is more educated and informed on the 2 characters then any forum that would favor Snake.

These are the facts

Well when I read batman, I never read the ones where he works with aliens or time travels or fights ghosts. Most people will tell you (outside this forum) they like him based in reality, that's why his best selling books are things like year one, killing joke, long Halloween, DKR and a serious house on serious earth and not things like Man bat or whatever, and the Nolan movies are so much more successful than batman forever or batman and robin.
    So based off THIS logic, putting him in realism because even though there is a higher volume of bs stories out there of multiple universes or whatever, the most popular(again based off sales) are when he is based in realism.
    A good majority of Batman's unrealistic feats, like the two I showed above with him splitting that arrow and vanishing from those scope lasers, are from his own series that didn't involve the Justice League or any of the other superhero teams that have powerful characters. You'll find unrealistic feats in most of his books.

Also as far as multiple universes, this is the version of Batman that is most commonly used. Including Year One

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_%28Bruce_Wayne%29

90% of Batman's books are with this version of the character, save this for future reference.
    And once again, he isn't popular because he is realistic. Because hardly anyone buys comics for realism. He is popular because

1. He's one of the 3 iconic comic characters along with Superman and Spiderman
    2. The concept of a character that can get things done without super powers
    3. A darker, 3 dimensional character with personality, vs being the boy scout type heroes Superman and Spiderman are, Batman is the brutal, gritty superhero.

Originally Posted by Truthbringerxx
    A good majority of Batman's unrealistic feats, like the two I showed above with him splitting that arrow and vanishing from those scope lasers, are from his own series that didn't involve the Justice League or any of the other superhero teams that have powerful characters. You'll find unrealistic feats in most of his books.

Also as far as multiple universes, this is the version of Batman that is most commonly used. Including Year One

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_%28Bruce_Wayne%29

90% of Batman's books are with this version of the character, save this for future reference.
    And once again, he isn't popular because he is realistic. Because hardly anyone buys comics for realism. He is popular because

1. He's one of the 3 iconic comic characters along with Superman and Spiderman
    2. The concept of a character that can get things done without super powers
    3. A darker, 3 dimensional character with personality, vs being the boy scout type heroes Superman and Spiderman are, Batman is the brutal, gritty superhero.
    You are being far too rude to hold a debate with, and I have long since lost interest in what you, an OBVIOUS fanboy is saying about this. I brought out points to counter yours, you just say no and continue to talk about things that don't relate to what I just said. If this would have gone on I would have told you to please address all the points that I brought up such as why is it nolans movies were the most successful than older less realistic versions or the graphic novels I mentioned were than others, but you are just being too mean and condescending to me personally and refuse to acknowledge it. I can tell you need to get the last word in so go ahead, you won't hear back from me. But for future reference, don't tell the person you are arguing with that they know nothing on a part of the subject in question and especially don't tell them how many books they have read

I don't want to back up BigBoss here, because for the most part, I think he's wrong. Batman, in general, is depicted as a superior fighter to Snake. If they were to fight under even circumstances, Batman is going to win 90% of the time if you are basing it upon the skill level they have displayed in their various incarnations. (Like I said, there are some verisons of Batman who Snake would absolutely murder, like Adam West Batman, but the majority of Batman depictions show a superior fighter to the majority of Snake depictions).

However, I do have to agree, there is truth to the statement that a lot of Batman fans DO enjoy the more realistic interpretations of Batman. I'm one of those fans. I think the time travelling, alien fighting stories are always way less interesting than Batman hunting down an old fashioned serial killer. And I think it's absolutely wrong to say that this has no impact on his popularity, either. At the very least, it gives Batman a type of flexibility you can't get with a Superman or a Spider-Man.

Supes is never going to be challenged by a regular human. Neither is Spidey. You HAVE to face them off either against whole armies or against other meta-humans (or superhero level regular humans like Batman himself). But you can tell those types of stories with Batman because you can go to that level with him that you cannot with the others.

I don't know if it makes Batman more relatable (Drazar seems to relate better to Supes, tons of teenagers relate better to Spider-Man), but it certainly makes him more 'real' to me.

Most people will tell you (outside this forum) they like him based in reality.
    And in which places is this? Looking at DC's own Batman boards i can see alot of love for Grant Morrison's run, which isn't truly based on reality at all, sure Inc is suppose tot ake a more grounded approach with inspirations from Dennis O'Neill and Christopher Nolan, but the discussions are still french with november's conclusion to Batman and Robin, along with the Return of Bruce Wayne event which we're highly sci-fi inspired. I read the same thing in both popular comic book forums: Comic Book Resources forum and Superherohype Batman thread. So where did you find the massive fanbase for reality based Batman?

year one, killing joke, long Halloween, DKR and a serious house on serious earth
    Year One like the Nolan series was mostly realistic, but it had it's own things that aren't believable such as bats swarming or a bat crashing thru windows and surviving it. Frank Miller himself doesn't care about realism, and you forget that Long Halloween had Solomon Grundy, an zombie and TDKR has Superman, an actual alien. Along with references to other superheroes such as Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and so forth. Serious House sold massively due to being released shortly after Batman 1989 movie was released, not to mention this story has supernatural elements such as Jeremiah Arkham going insane due to a evil bat spirit, this could possibly be Dr. Hurt's Barbatos that Morrison has been using on his current Batman run.

Not to mention do sales truly mean that much? Twilight sells like hot pancakes, but is this truly the most loved incarnation of vampires? Should we say this is the best incarnation of vampires due to mere sales? What about fan and critic reception? I mean The Long Halloween is a very selling Batman comic, but the plotholes and story itself is just incredibly awful. How was Gilda the holiday killer? How did she slipt out from the hospital to continue the killings, withouth ANYONE noticing? Was the book's killer's motivation truly just a bland "Gotham is tearing my husband apart!" motivation? How did she even get close to high profiled mobsters? How didn't Batman solve this mystery even tho past writers such as Grant Morrison have had Batman solve much tougher mystery cases? See i found Jeph Loeb a pretty much a hack, but should we say he is a good writer because of sales that may or may not come from Tim Sale's stunning art?

Also Superman/Batman: Public Enemies is the highest DC DTV *with* Batman on it, and this is Batman and Superman teaming up, the highest purely sold Batman DTV happens tho to be Batman: Gotham Knights, which is suppose to be based around Christopher Nolan's Batman, but shows far superior sci-fi technology, along with a fearsome Killer Croc and the notorious assassin Deadshot himself.

Then you gotta remember that Batman: Mask of Phantasm had an god awful theathrical release, yet do Batman fans hate this movie? Not at all, it is one of the most beloved Batman movies out there, regarded as the best origin Batman story for some fans even.

the Nolan movies are so much more successful than batman forever or batman and robin.
    Tim Burton's Batman 1989 movie is still the 2nd biggest Batman box office movie out there, and it has elements that aren't really believable, such as a wimp man being able to pull off incredible feats simply because of a Batman costume, not to mention all those wonderful toys! Tho again what about film reception? The 1966 Batman movie and the whole Adam West series itself has been regarded as the most loyal adaption of Batman out there, how does that rank into this discussion? Especially considering the West Batman had the most insane gadgets out there.

the most popular(again based off sales) are when he is based in realism.
    Where did you find the sales chart for tradepacks? I had trouble finding them, and would greatly appreciate to see a citation, tho we must rememebr that DKR is the most selling Batman story, and this is the story with Superman playing an important role on it. Then we can look at DC's own website and see what they find as their top 30 "essantial" readings. The stories with Batman on it are.
    - Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
    - Batman: Long Halloween
    - Batman: Year One
    - Kingdom Come
    - Justice League: New World Order
    - The Dark Knight Returns
    - The Dark Knight Strikes Back
    - Batman: Hush
    - Batman: Arkham Asylum
    - Identity Crisis
    - Crisis on Infinite Earths

So 11 out of 30 top essantial stories with Batman on it, and which of these stories are purely grounded on realism? Well barely any, since one can argue that the bats on Year One aint realistic at all, Long Halloween has a zombie, and Arkham Asylum might be haunted by Barbatos himself. The rest of those stories really speak for themselves, and aren't grounded by realism at all.

Not to mention sooner or later Grant Morrison's 7 year epic on Batman will receive ultimate collections, and his books are always top New York sellers. I hardly see how Batman is mostly loved by "realism" at all.

You are being far too rude to hold a debate with, and I have long since lost interest in what you, an OBVIOUS fanboy is saying about this. I brought out points to counter yours, you just say no and continue to talk about things that don't relate to what I just said. If this would have gone on I would have told you to please address all the points that I brought up such as why is it nolans movies were the most successful than older less realistic versions or the graphic novels I mentioned were than others, but you are just being too mean and condescending to me personally and refuse to acknowledge it. I can tell you need to get the last word in so go ahead, you won't hear back from me. But for future reference, don't tell the person you are arguing with that they know nothing on a part of the subject in question and especially don't tell them how many books they have read
    I stated that you have little to no knowledge of the character because you've demonstrated this yourself. You made statements earlier about the character that gives this impression off, and when you failed to counter any of my points you resorted to trolling, a feature that many Metal Gear Solid fans share. When all else fails, start trolling.

Hopefully the next time you post about what Batman media was the most successful, you could maybe post a link or show evidence to back up this statement because as of right now, you are good for nothing more then a laugh

Originally Posted by Drazar
    And in which places is this? Looking at DC's own Batman boards i can see alot of love for Grant Morrison's run, which isn't truly based on reality at all, sure Inc is suppose tot ake a more grounded approach with inspirations from Dennis O'Neill and Christopher Nolan, but the discussions are still french with november's conclusion to Batman and Robin, along with the Return of Bruce Wayne event which we're highly sci-fi inspired. I read the same thing in both popular comic book forums: Comic Book Resources forum and Superherohype Batman thread. So where did you find the massive fanbase for reality based Batman?

Year One like the Nolan series was mostly realistic, but it had it's own things that aren't believable such as bats swarming or a bat crashing thru windows and surviving it. Frank Miller himself doesn't care about realism, and you forget that Long Halloween had Solomon Grundy, an zombie and TDKR has Superman, an actual alien. Along with references to other superheroes such as Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and so forth. Serious House sold massively due to being released shortly after Batman 1989 movie was released, not to mention this story has supernatural elements such as Jeremiah Arkham going insane due to a evil bat spirit, this could possibly be Dr. Hurt's Barbatos that Morrison has been using on his current Batman run.

Not to mention do sales truly mean that much? Twilight sells like hot pancakes, but is this truly the most loved incarnation of vampires? Should we say this is the best incarnation of vampires due to mere sales? What about fan and critic reception? I mean The Long Halloween is a very selling Batman comic, but the plotholes and story itself is just incredibly awful. How was Gilda the holiday killer? How did she slipt out from the hospital to continue the killings, withouth ANYONE noticing? Was the book's killer's motivation truly just a bland "Gotham is tearing my husband apart!" motivation? How did she even get close to high profiled mobsters? How didn't Batman solve this mystery even tho past writers such as Grant Morrison have had Batman solve much tougher mystery cases? See i found Jeph Loeb a pretty much a hack, but should we say he is a good writer because of sales that may or may not come from Tim Sale's stunning art?

Also Superman/Batman: Public Enemies is the highest DC DTV *with* Batman on it, and this is Batman and Superman teaming up, the highest purely sold Batman DTV happens tho to be Batman: Gotham Knights, which is suppose to be based around Christopher Nolan's Batman, but shows far superior sci-fi technology, along with a fearsome Killer Croc and the notorious assassin Deadshot himself.

Then you gotta remember that Batman: Mask of Phantasm had an god awful theathrical release, yet do Batman fans hate this movie? Not at all, it is one of the most beloved Batman movies out there, regarded as the best origin Batman story for some fans even.

Tim Burton's Batman 1989 movie is still the 2nd biggest Batman box office movie out there, and it has elements that aren't really believable, such as a wimp man being able to pull off incredible feats simply because of a Batman costume, not to mention all those wonderful toys! Tho again what about film reception? The 1966 Batman movie and the whole Adam West series itself has been regarded as the most loyal adaption of Batman out there, how does that rank into this discussion? Especially considering the West Batman had the most insane gadgets out there.

Where did you find the sales chart for tradepacks? I had trouble finding them, and would greatly appreciate to see a citation, tho we must rememebr that DKR is the most selling Batman story, and this is the story with Superman playing an important role on it. Then we can look at DC's own website and see what they find as their top 30 "essantial" readings. The stories with Batman on it are.
    - Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
    - Batman: Long Halloween
    - Batman: Year One
    - Kingdom Come
    - Justice League: New World Order
    - The Dark Knight Returns
    - The Dark Knight Strikes Back
    - Batman: Hush
    - Batman: Arkham Asylum
    - Identity Crisis
    - Crisis on Infinite Earths

So 11 out of 30 top essantial stories with Batman on it, and which of these stories are purely grounded on realism? Well barely any, since one can argue that the bats on Year One aint realistic at all, Long Halloween has a zombie, and Arkham Asylum might be haunted by Barbatos himself. The rest of those stories really speak for themselves, and aren't grounded by realism at all.

Not to mention sooner or later Grant Morrison's 7 year epic on Batman will receive ultimate collections, and his books are always top New York sellers. I hardly see how Batman is mostly loved by "realism" at all.
    Amazing post

I stated that you have little to no knowledge of the character because you've demonstrated this yourself. You made statements earlier about the character that gives this impression off, and when you failed to counter any of my points you resorted to trolling, a feature that many Metal Gear Solid fans share. When all else fails, start trolling.

Hopefully the next time you post about what Batman media was the most successful, you could maybe post a link or show evidence to back up this statement because as of right now, you are good for nothing more then a laugh
    I stated that you have little to no knowledge of the character because you've demonstrated this yourself. You made statements earlier about the character that gives this impression off, and when you failed to counter any of my points you resorted to trolling, a feature that many fanboys share. When all else fails, start trolling.

Hopefully the next time you post about what Snake can or can't do, you could maybe post a link or show evidence to back up this statement because as of right now, you are good for nothing more than a laugh

....when the quote can be slightly adjusted to be a response to you, it's nothing more than flame bait. I should have realized that your were a troll earlier based on your posting habits and the fact that you have only responded to this one thread in a month. Later fantroll or trollboy!

I stated that you have little to no knowledge of the character because you've demonstrated this yourself. You made statements earlier about the character that gives this impression off, and when you failed to counter any of my points you resorted to trolling, a feature that many fanboys share. When all else fails, start trolling.

Hopefully the next time you post about what Snake can or can't do, you could maybe post a link or show evidence to back up this statement because as of right now, you are good for nothing more than a laugh

....when the quote can be slightly adjusted to be a response to you, it's nothing more than flame bait. I should have realized that your were a troll earlier based on your posting habits and the fact that you have only responded to this one thread in a month. Later fantroll or trollboy!
    Both of you stop the flame baiting of each other. I don't really care who started this, but i want both of you to stop this right now. If you guys can't keep this civil because the other one annoys you, you can either leave the thread/use the ignore feature or just stop caring about the subject truly. I do not enjoy seeing comments such as "all MGS fans resolve into trolling" or any comments like these, keep it civil or you gentlemen are forcing me to lock this thread.

@Big Boss: Do you happen to have that sales chart on tradepaperbacks? I'd like to see it, not simply because of Batman books, but in general sense if you happen to have one.

If Batman uses a smoke grenade on snake, the solid eye will go to NVG or Thermal heat, and counter Batman's blow.

Snake isn't that stupid and weak to get knocked out. He's been tortured and even got his eye shot out and still kicks ass. He's been dumped water and shocked by Bolts over 10,000. He could end a war by himself, and his training trained him to adapt to anything.
    Snakes CQC is more sophisticated, and more enhanced than any Martial Art in the world.
    And Snake in not just any human, they ed with his genetics to make him the best at everything. \He is like superman, but human.
    Also remember Snake has Nano Machines in him, to make him even more superior, he is basically a Cyborg,

Page 6 of 6 First First ... 23456