View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman

    72 86.75%
  • Snake

    11 13.25%

Thread: Batman vs Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Batman vs Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

  1. #51
    Originally Posted by Angel_
    sorry guys , but like I said I only refer to the canon material , not the comic's , if you take the comics into account if you search enough I'm pretty sure you can find a comic book named , Batman VS Son Goku or Batman VS Terminator and Batman will always prevails

    But you cannot say I'm not a true batman fan , just because I havent read the comics , I have seen all batman movies and for me they wer fantastic , maybe not all of them but a major part.

    Anyway I gived my oppinion knowing that this is a hardcore batman forum , make up your mind.
    Dude comics are canon.... Batman is virtually unstoppable.

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by HA_laughingfish_HA
    This is too open ended..
    If we took the characters out of their universes and kept them at the base stats
    I'd honestly say H2H only (no gadgets)
    Batman vs. Solid Snake
    -Winner: Solid Snake
    Batman vs. Snake(Big Boss)
    -Winner: Batman
    I am a fan of both characters and have read, played, and/or seen a great chunk of media for them both too before anyone says anything.
    Not to say that it wouldn't be a good fight either, just for the Solid Snake fight I believe it would kinda go down in a similar fashion as this:

    A marvel writer must have wrote that because i guarantee Batman would kick Captain America's ass.

  3. #53
    interestingly enough It was by Ron Marz, who had done pretty much everything.


    Batman actually was in fact losing the fight at the end, but a nice writers change (that was really random) helped him win. Now everyone here can sleep at night again



    also to win some respect points back with you guys:
    Here's Batman fighting a shark with a lightsaber

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,831
    Nice bump after a whole year.

    Originally Posted by thedarknight2016
    Batman can beat the whole JL. ALL 6 OTHER MEMBERS OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE(Don't believe me? Look up/aquire JLTower of Babylon) .One of the most powerful superhero teams in the D.C universe defeated because of batman. Snake will provide nothing but a minor distraction for batman.
    I've read the comic, and you're ignoring the context. Ras' stole the traps Batman had to momentarily stop JLA members incase they we're mind controlled, you're comparing Batman to a league of thousands of ninja soldiers, and you seem to forget not all these traps even ultimately worked. Not to mention the comic also gives away a very easily used weakness towards Batman: Holding his dead parents' corpses as hostage.

    Originally Posted by Batty_Akuma
    A marvel writer must have wrote that because i guarantee Batman would kick Captain America's ass.
    I disagree. Steve Rogers is superenchanced and can dure in a fight much longer than Batman. He's faster, stronger and talented fighter like Bruce Wayne. Sure Batman can play defensive againts him, but in the long run Steve simply lasts longer and packs the bigger punch.

    Originally Posted by HA_laughingfish_HA
    Batman actually was in fact losing the fight at the end, but a nice writers change (that was really random) helped him win. Now everyone here can sleep at night again
    Well ultimately that comic was a popularity contest and Marvel "won" it, but ofcourse with a happy ending that created the Amalgam universe.

  5. #55
    Originally Posted by HA_laughingfish_HA
    This is too open ended..
    If we took the characters out of their universes and kept them at the base stats
    I'd honestly say H2H only (no gadgets)
    Batman vs. Solid Snake
    -Winner: Solid Snake
    Batman vs. Snake(Big Boss)
    -Winner: Batman
    I am a fan of both characters and have read, played, and/or seen a great chunk of media for them both too before anyone says anything.
    Not to say that it wouldn't be a good fight either, just for the Solid Snake fight I believe it would kinda go down in a similar fashion as this:
    The problem with this is that Captain America would defeat Snake very easily. Captain America is peak human, Solid Snake can't even break a pair of hand cuffs by himself. So really comparing them is a flawed argument.

    The fact is that both Batman and Captain America are vastly superior to Snake physically, mentally and in terms of skills, which is why Snake wouldn't last more then a few seconds against either of them in a fight.

  6. #56
    Originally Posted by HA_laughingfish_HA
    interestingly enough It was by Ron Marz, who had done pretty much everything.


    Batman actually was in fact losing the fight at the end, but a nice writers change (that was really random) helped him win. Now everyone here can sleep at night again



    also to win some respect points back with you guys:
    Here's Batman fighting a shark with a lightsaber
    You actually didn't post the entire fight, Captain America stated that out of everyone he ever fought, he never met someone that was so evenly matched with him as Batman was. Then Batman states that they could fight for hours and days if they kept going.

    It doesn't really matter though since either would defeat Snake very easily, he can't physically contend with them, he isn't anywhere near as skilled as they are, and they aren't bound by realism like Snake and the MGS cast are.

    Also the first scan you showed of Batman and Captain America fighting was from JLA/Avengers

    The second one where Cap hits Batman with his shield, was from DC vs Marvel, they are two different books.
    The Avengers/JLA was written by Kurt Busiek who wrote mainly Avenger titles

    Here was the rest of the fight from the DC vs Marvel crossover from Ron Marz




    Cap admitted they were evenly matched
    And either would stomp Snake effortlessly

  7. #57
    I voted for Batman... But this is a really biased website to have a poll like this. LOL!
    I don't think you understand the situation. You're not in a position to negotiate. Let me show you.....

  8. #58
    Originally Posted by Drazar
    Nice bump after a whole year.



    I've read the comic, and you're ignoring the context. Ras' stole the traps Batman had to momentarily stop JLA members incase they we're mind controlled, you're comparing Batman to a league of thousands of ninja soldiers, and you seem to forget not all these traps even ultimately worked. Not to mention the comic also gives away a very easily used weakness towards Batman: Holding his dead parents' corpses as hostage.



    I disagree. Steve Rogers is superenchanced and can dure in a fight much longer than Batman. He's faster, stronger and talented fighter like Bruce Wayne. Sure Batman can play defensive againts him, but in the long run Steve simply lasts longer and packs the bigger punch.



    Well ultimately that comic was a popularity contest and Marvel "won" it, but ofcourse with a happy ending that created the Amalgam universe.
    I disagree with your disagree (what a mouthful lol) Captain America was enhanced to peak human perfection, none of his abilities are super hero like. Batman is the same way, only difference Batman worked for his, Capt got it from a formula. And i pretty much doubt that a man who worked for something would lose to a man who got it as a gift.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,831
    Originally Posted by Batty_Akuma
    I disagree with your disagree (what a mouthful lol) Captain America was enhanced to peak human perfection, none of his abilities are super hero like. Batman is the same way, only difference Batman worked for his, Capt got it from a formula. And i pretty much doubt that a man who worked for something would lose to a man who got it as a gift.
    Oh sure Bruce wouldn't wish to be taken down, but what are the odds? Captain America has the longer endurance, packs a bigger punch with not only his mere fists but his own weapon itself the Shield. Captain America is always faster and stronger, which tires down Bruce even faster. Both Steve and Batman have been fightning for years, but it is Steve who doesn't tiredown from getting "old" nor does he even really get sick from chemicals and whatnot due to the super soldier serum. Really what makes you believe Batman can turn the tide to his favor?

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by Drazar
    Oh sure Bruce wouldn't wish to be taken down, but what are the odds? Captain America has the longer endurance, packs a bigger punch with not only his mere fists but his own weapon itself the Shield. Captain America is always faster and stronger, which tires down Bruce even faster. Both Steve and Batman have been fightning for years, but it is Steve who doesn't tiredown from getting "old" nor does he even really get sick from chemicals and whatnot due to the super soldier serum. Really what makes you believe Batman can turn the tide to his favor?
    I agree that Steve should be able to beat Batman in a hand to hand fight but barely, like a 5.5/10
    Steve is faster and stronger, Batman is more skilled and smarter, it's a close fight. But regardless either would beat Snake pretty easily. Comparing him to Captain America is crap [not saying you were doing it]

  11. #61
    Originally Posted by Drazar
    Oh sure Bruce wouldn't wish to be taken down, but what are the odds? Captain America has the longer endurance, packs a bigger punch with not only his mere fists but his own weapon itself the Shield. Captain America is always faster and stronger, which tires down Bruce even faster. Both Steve and Batman have been fightning for years, but it is Steve who doesn't tiredown from getting "old" nor does he even really get sick from chemicals and whatnot due to the super soldier serum. Really what makes you believe Batman can turn the tide to his favor?
    Because he's the God Damn Batman!

    But seriously, Capt isn't stronger or faster than Batman. His physical attributes are at peak human potential, so are Batman's so neither has the advantage there. Only advantage Capt has is his shield, but even to counteract that Batman has a ton of weapons to at least avoid being hit by. Only advantage Batman has is he's smarter than Capt.

    So, fanboyism aside im just gonna say they are both evenly matched. But Batman is definitely the better more iconic hero(had to get the fanboyism in there somewhere).

  12. #62
    Captain is stronger, but Batman would probably use some technique and incapitate mr America
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,830
    Originally Posted by Batty_Akuma
    Because he's the God Damn Batman!

    But seriously, Capt isn't stronger or faster than Batman.
    I lol'd.

    I love Batman, and honestly don't care too much about Cap'n A, but I know that he's some sort of super soldier subject, not that he's trained blah blah, knows 1,003 forms of martial arts, or whatever, he's actually been physically altered to be a super-human.

  14. #64
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

  15. #65
    Originally Posted by Batty_Akuma
    Because he's the God Damn Batman!

    But seriously, Capt isn't stronger or faster than Batman. His physical attributes are at peak human potential, so are Batman's so neither has the advantage there. Only advantage Capt has is his shield, but even to counteract that Batman has a ton of weapons to at least avoid being hit by. Only advantage Batman has is he's smarter than Capt.
    The key difference is the Super Soldier serum protects Cap from fatigue while Batman has a normal man's limitations. Cap has the basic strength of a human being but he doesn't have to hold himself back to keep from hurting himself. Cap can push himself harder than Batman can and thats where the edge comes in. Batman will wear down and tire, Cap will not. Cap can lift more than 1000 pounds while Batman injured himself lifting 600.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  16. #66
    Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    The key difference is the Super Soldier serum protects Cap from fatigue while Batman has a normal man's limitations. Cap has the basic strength of a human being but he doesn't have to hold himself back to keep from hurting himself. Cap can push himself harder than Batman can and thats where the edge comes in. Batman will wear down and tire, Cap will not. Cap can lift more than 1000 pounds while Batman injured himself lifting 600.
    I'm not sure where you got Batman injuring himself lifting 600 lbs, one of his enemies the Man Bat weighs 600 lbs and Batman was able to swing him around using his grappling hook. Batman regularly benches 1000 lbs during his daily workout routine and has held up part of a building before.

    Cap is stronger and faster then Batman but not by much.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,831
    Originally Posted by truthslayerx
    I agree that Steve should be able to beat Batman in a hand to hand fight but barely, like a 5.5/10
    I don't see this as a close call, considering Steve cannot be hindered down at all. The serum makes him immune to gases or diseases so it's not like Batman can wear him down with gas bombs or anything, while Captain actually can because Bruce hasn't ever enchanced himself with any serums or so.

    Originally Posted by Batty_Akuma
    But seriously, Capt isn't stronger or faster than Batman. His physical attributes are at peak human potential, so are Batman's so neither has the advantage there.
    It wouldn't be called the super soldier serum, if the serum just made you as strong as a body builder like Batman. The serum is truly super due to it's immunities and making Steve endure everlasting, he doesn't dire down and can go all out with his speed and strenght.
    Only advantage Batman has is he's smarter than Capt.
    In what level? Both Batman and Captain America are geniuses on their own, but it's Captain America who constantly fights super powered threaths and actually leads a team, wheres Batman is the tactical guy but stays behind away from these super powered beings, because he isn't a match for them being a feeble man.
    But Batman is definitely the better more iconic hero(had to get the fanboyism in there somewhere).
    Why yes Batman is more pop culture icon, but if we truly wanna use "its more popular so it wins" one could argue Marvel ultimately wins, just like they "won" in the DC vs. Marvel crossover, simply because they we're more popular.

    Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    The key difference is the Super Soldier serum protects Cap from fatigue while Batman has a normal man's limitations. Cap has the basic strength of a human being but he doesn't have to hold himself back to keep from hurting himself. Cap can push himself harder than Batman can and thats where the edge comes in. Batman will wear down and tire, Cap will not. Cap can lift more than 1000 pounds while Batman injured himself lifting 600.

  18. #68
    Originally Posted by truthslayerx
    I'm not sure where you got Batman injuring himself lifting 600 lbs, one of his enemies the Man Bat weighs 600 lbs and Batman was able to swing him around using his grappling hook. Batman regularly benches 1000 lbs during his daily workout routine and has held up part of a building before.

    Cap is stronger and faster then Batman but not by much.
    The Venom storyline written by Dennis O'Neill. Batman has to lift a boulder to save a litle girl from drowning. He fails. He later says that the boulder was 600 pounds (or something around there). His failure to lift it drove him to use the Venom drug to overcome his physical shortcomings (yes, Bane's Venom. This was before Bane was introduced).

    Whether its 600 pounds or 1000 pounds, the point is Batman has physical shortcomings that Cap doesn't have. And Cap and Batman's intellects are comparable. Batman is probably a better detective but Cap is probably a better tactician.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  19. #69
    Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    The Venom storyline written by Dennis O'Neill. Batman has to lift a boulder to save a litle girl from drowning. He fails. He later says that the boulder was 600 pounds (or something around there). His failure to lift it drove him to use the Venom drug to overcome his physical shortcomings (yes, Bane's Venom. This was before Bane was introduced).

    Whether its 600 pounds or 1000 pounds, the point is Batman has physical shortcomings that Cap doesn't have. And Cap and Batman's intellects are comparable. Batman is probably a better detective but Cap is probably a better tactician.
    Those crossovers generally aren't canon.

    No one is denying that Cap is physically stronger, just not by a significantly large margin

  20. #70
    Originally Posted by Drazar
    I don't see this as a close call, considering Steve cannot be hindered down at all. The serum makes him immune to gases or diseases so it's not like Batman can wear him down with gas bombs or anything, while Captain actually can because Bruce hasn't ever enchanced himself with any serums or so.



    It wouldn't be called the super soldier serum, if the serum just made you as strong as a body builder like Batman. The serum is truly super due to it's immunities and making Steve endure everlasting, he doesn't dire down and can go all out with his speed and strenght.


    In what level? Both Batman and Captain America are geniuses on their own, but it's Captain America who constantly fights super powered threaths and actually leads a team, wheres Batman is the tactical guy but stays behind away from these super powered beings, because he isn't a match for them being a feeble man.


    Why yes Batman is more pop culture icon, but if we truly wanna use "its more popular so it wins" one could argue Marvel ultimately wins, just like they "won" in the DC vs. Marvel crossover, simply because they we're more popular.



    Captain America has been beaten by a lot of human opponents before that aren't on Batmans level

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,831
    Originally Posted by truthslayerx
    Captain America has been beaten by a lot of human opponents before that aren't on Batmans level
    Such as? I'm aware Crossbones slaps around Steve in Brubaker's early run, but thats because the Cosmic Cube is messing around Steve's mind so he's not 100% sharp at all, just like he's allowing terrorists to just get killed off. I honestly dont't see how Batman would be able to outlast Steve at all.

  22. #72
    Originally Posted by truthslayerx
    Those crossovers generally aren't canon.

    No one is denying that Cap is physically stronger, just not by a significantly large margin
    Crossovers are irrelevant to the discussion anyway so who cares?

    And Cap is stronger than Bats by a significantly large margin. Him not having to worry about breaking his bones means he can exert significantly harder. Hes been seen throwing cars.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  23. #73
    Originally Posted by Drazar
    Such as? I'm aware Crossbones slaps around Steve in Brubaker's early run, but thats because the Cosmic Cube is messing around Steve's mind so he's not 100% sharp at all, just like he's allowing terrorists to just get killed off. I honestly dont't see how Batman would be able to outlast Steve at all.
    Crossbones also punched him out when they were in a Cemetary, Taskmaster has smacked him and Iron Man around at the same time, and Daredevil KO'd him with a Judo Throw

  24. #74
    The Punisher also managed to knock down The Mighty Shield in mid-flight with a karate chop. Bad writing is bad writing.
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

  25. #75
    Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    The Punisher also managed to knock down The Mighty Shield in mid-flight with a karate chop. Bad writing is bad writing.
    Karate chop? Punisher knocked his shield down with his rifle, not his own hands, when Punisher and Cap fought in Civil War, Cap beat the crap out of him.

Page 3 of 6 First First 123456 Last