Thread: Invisible War installation problems

Invisible War installation problems

Invisible War installation problems

Greetings...

I have just come into the possession of this game... I have attempted to install it twice, and both times I have been unsuccessful. The installation process runs though the installation disc OK, and then asks for the second disc. I put this in and click OK but nothing happens.

Any clues, folks?

Cheers, John

OK, I finally got it installed and playing... however, now I find that the mouse control is very jerky. I've tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity, but to no avail. What can I do to smooth out the mouse? Even at zero setting it is still slightly jerky, but way, way to slow to play with.

Cheers, John

Mouse problems are usually associated with video driver issues. If you haven't updated your video drivers lately, you might give that a try. Or if you have updated lately (or have the latest and greatest), you might try installing a previous driver version.
    Catman

Originally Posted by Catman
    Mouse problems are usually associated with video driver issues. If you haven't updated your video drivers lately, you might give that a try. Or if you have updated lately (or have the latest and greatest), you might try installing a previous driver version.
    OK, I can try a different driver. No, I haven't updated my drivers for a while. This problem, however, seems to be localised to this game only. For example, I am also playing Half Life 2 which is much newer, yet have no problems.

Thank you,

John

OK, I've finally managed to update my video drivers... it hasn't helped all that much, alas. It is better, but still jerky. It feels sticky, if you understand what I mean.

What else?

Obviously everyone has died of boredom here...

Or more likely, there's just little traffic in these forums.

I'd try another mouse, preferably one tethered to your box rather than a cordless one.
    Catman

The mouse isn't cordless... it's just a plain old rodent all wired up.

I understand about the traffic... it's an old game. I'd just like to be able to play it like I can with all my other games. I mean, I can play more sophisticated games like Half Life 2 and SOF without a problem. That's what is so weird. I've also recently played the Unreal series, and that worked fine also.

John

You probably have already checked your mouse settings via the control panel. If not, try playing with those to see if you can gain any improvement without totally hosing the mouse controls for everything else.

Another longshot idea: Open the remove hardware option on your control panel and remove the mouse. Restart your computer, and then the mouse drivers will be reinstalled when Windows detects the 'new' hardware. Probably this won't make any difference, but you never know.
    Catman

Certainly worth a shot, catman... thank you.

It still puzzles me though, that this is the only game I play where I have mouse problems...

Cheers, John

OK, tried that, no change. Maybe I'll just dump the game.