Thread: Dear mods..

Dear mods..

Here, is going to be a list of things all the members of eidos tomb raider forums would like to be added to the society, more advertising, or here is mine:

A chat room like yws where users can talk about anything they want (youngwriterssociety.com) and socialize, getting to know each other etc.

Other members can add to the list by putting something down below! sign your name after!

TOMBRAIDERGAL
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    A chat room like yws where users can talk about anything they want (youngwriterssociety.com) and socialize, getting to know each other etc.
    I think a chat room is coming soon... not exactly sure when, though.

can you please put this in the Eidos General Chat part please, its got nothing to do with Tomb Raider: Underworld

Thanks

Suggestions always welcome

As I've said elsewhere we'll be getting a software upgrade pretty soon which will mean we have walls on our user pages, groups and such like. I'll keep you posted on an arrival date of these goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    I think a chat room is coming soon... not exactly sure when, though.
    Very true! Mr. Goran Agar has done some sterling work and we have a functional chatroom. The date we publicize and promote this is reliant on the above methinks.

"......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Smile

I'd suggest more exicting user titles.'Gamer' is just a little bit bland, especialy when its for 3years

^^It's more exciting than "Registered User".

That it is. But maybe there should be something beyond it, like Veteran. That'd be a nice treat for people who stick around for years.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

There's "Protagonist" for users who have been here 3 years (and over 1000 posts), and "Hero" for over 5 years and 3000 posts iirc. I like the game-related theme.
    Having a whole load of user titles encourages spam-posting, and people wanting high-postcounts, though.

There's "Protagonist" for users who have been here 3 years (and over 1000 posts), and "Hero" for over 5 years and 3000 posts iirc. I like the game-related theme.
    Having a whole load of user titles encourages spam-posting, and people wanting high-postcounts, though.
    Nothing wrong with high post counts as long as people aren't spamming. That's why we moderators exist, to keep those spammers in check. Besides, if you're heavily concerned about your post count you probably aren't going to last very long on this forum.

I do see your point though.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

How about a quick reply?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The_Underworld View Post
    How about a quick reply?
    Uhm ... ok.

You can't say fairer than that. GoranAgar swoops to the rescue.

Let's see how it goes. I might remove that exclamation mark, I think I was getting a bit carried away there.

It's good that folks may have a chatroom here although I don't personally use them these days.

I'm still trying to work out if I can disable the Facebook instant chat

It's not that I'm unsociable, much, but sometimes I only want to follow up a PM and reply without having folks ensnare me with their "Oh no I've been collared" 'Hiyas' when I'm in a rush to be somewhere else!

On IM I have everyone blocked because otherwise one ends up logging in to get a dozen messages and I'm just never at the desk long enough to engage in pleasantries! I do set aside some time for friends but if you have 200 odd contacts you can bet an influx may be forthcoming on occasion so it's easier to appear offline and block every address - you can still see who's online, mostly, and then you can "unpluck" a friend and make yourself available, should they want to have a chat.

Does anyone happen to know if I can disable my Facebook chat window? I've looked under Privacy settings but can't see much under there and it's so slow to load everything on that site so I usually get collared by a friend when I am trying to find the off button

God I sound like a right misery guts! But I can't be missing my nightly dose of true crime on ZoneReality!!
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post

I'm still trying to work out if I can disable the Facebook instant chat
    Set your facebook chat status to offline?

How do I find the offline button, keir?

I never spend long enough on it to really work out it's finer workings. I did check privacy settings as said but couldn't find a facility.

I follow an E-mail notification of a new message, log in and then reply and close it down again. I don't even know why I joined the wretched site and by all accounts they retain all your details.

There's too many social networking sites. I keep getting E-mails from something called Hi-5 among others saying I have an amount of unanswered friend requests. Me life's not me own anymore LOL
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Hey, good call on this quick reply thing. It makes spamming, just a little bit easier
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Smile Random question, but forum related...

Hey guys, I have just noticed that the 'thud' smiley has been replaced by a 'thumb down' (this one: ). So everywhere on the forums the 'thuds' have been replaced by a thumb pointing down, which can be really confusing...

Anyway, the 'quick reply' is very handy and a chatroom would be nice!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    How do I find the offline button, keir?

We are talking about facebook.com right? I just click the bit that says 'Go Offline' in the chat module at the bottom of the page

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Hey guys, I have just noticed that the 'thud' smiley has been replaced by a 'thumb down' (this one: ). So everywhere on the forums the 'thuds' have been replaced by a thumb pointing down, which can be really confusing...

Anyway, the 'quick reply' is very handy and a chatroom would be nice!
    If thud was ever a thumb pointing up, then I apologise. The clue is in the name but the 'd' in the abbreviation shouldn't stand for up.

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    If thud was ever a thumb pointing up, then I apologise. The clue is in the name but the 'd' in the abbreviation shouldn't stand for up.
    There never was a "thumbs down" icon, not before the recent smiley updates. When Goran added some smilies (here), one of them was a "thumbsup" which was/is an orange-thumb, a and "thumb" which was a smiley giving a thumb..
    Distinctly seperate was a smiley being shocked and falling down with a *thud*, called "thud". (EDIT: That is where the confusion comes from, because that "thud" would be used in entirely different contexts to a thumbs-down icon).
    EDIT: Like this guy:

There never was a "thumbs down" icon, not before the recent smiley updates. When Goran added some smilies (here), one of them was a "thumbsup" which was/is an orange-thumb, a and "thumb" which was a smiley giving a thumb..
    Distinctly seperate was a smiley being shocked and falling down with a *thud*, called "thud". (EDIT: That is where the confusion comes from, because that "thud" would be used in entirely different contexts to a thumbs-down icon).
    EDIT: Like this guy:
    Ah I see.

Well RIP thud emote.

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    Well RIP thud emote.
    lol,

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar View Post
    Uhm ... ok.
    Thank You Gorgan!

R.I.P.

Just noticed the new quick reply feature, awesome