Thread: Tips and Strategy - Julius

Tips and Strategy - Julius

Hiding under spoiler tags in case you want to find out how to win on your own!

EDIT: Information update!

Just curious if there are chest in this area because I have all of Riku's except for one and thought it could be a chest in there.

Originally Posted by DerekMaverick

Just curious if there are chest in this area because I have all of Riku's except for one and thought it could be a chest in there.

There're three treasure chests in the area for Riku: a Blizzard Edge command on top of the fountain, an Ice Dream Cone on one of the ledges in the lower area near the building, and a Vibrant Fantasy hidden by boxes in the walkup from the Back Streets area (to get at that, you need to Sling Shot a barrel at the boxes to destroy them).

In Sora's case, an Intrepid Figment is hidden in the same way when you're in the area outside the post office (in case you're missing that one).

Haven't gone through sora's yet but dang I'm mad that I didn't get that chest because I don't want to fight Julius just yet. Thanks Orichalcum+!

Do want to mention that Riku was the character I managed to beat him with first, at approx. Lv68. Sora... hasn't yet, and he's almost at the same level.

Well, Sora only get superglide to Riku's Dark Roll and Dark Barrier (EDIT: Dark Barrier can be gotten from the Flick Rush Medal Shop or Majik Lapin, you didn't mention it but it's wonderful to use during the punching combo and then follow up with a balloonga/meteor crash), and only has balloonga where Riku can use Meteor Crash (which takes off a bar and a quarter of Julius' health at level 45, I need to get more of these things ^^. Also, I would kinda advise against using Sora's Ars Arcanum. While it may do more damage than balloonga, Once More does not apply during it and if you don't stunlock Julius then you're screwed big time. Something I haven't tried yet, though, would be to use a balloonga and follow up with Ars Arcanum IF the balloonga stuns him. This is the strategy I used to kill Xemnas at level 36, and he fell in less than five minutes since that combo took off more than two bars each time I did it.

Alright, I just killed Julius on proud with both Sora and Riku. Here are my decks and strategies.

Recommended (red) abilities: Second Chance, Once More, Leaf Bracer, Scan

Spirit Party for both:
    Frootz Cat (all 10 hastes, Reload Boost)
    R&R Seal (5 HP boosts, poison, bind, slow, and confusion blocks)
    Any 3rd defensive spirit, I went with my Kab Kannon to finish out the AR trio

Sora (lvl 56):

Riku (lvl 62):

I'll take any suggestions to these strategies but they worked on proud at fairly low levels so I believe they're pretty solid.

Finally managed to beat him with Sora, though it was still a little difficult. I used Salvation as my two slot then alternated Curaga with Icebreaker, Shadowbreaker and... something else. I find Balloonga a little too unwieldy for my liking, so that was left out.

I think I finished that fight with most of my deck broken. >.>

I beat him with Riku yesterday and planned on taking him out with Sora today but I guess that'll have to wait until tomorrow. Riku's run was a lot easier than Sora's because his dodging leaves him impervious to Julius' attacks. I was close with Sora tonight but failed in every attempt. I managed to defeat him with a Lv. 46 Riku and I'm aiming for a Lv. 44 defeat with Sora. Gonna be really tough.

Hmmmm.... I'm around the same level as you Mystogan. What difficulty where you on by chance?

I am playing on Proud Mode. I always play on that mode first. It's hard, but Critical Mode will be the challenge to take and defeat.

@Mystogan_T

All right thanks.