Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Meaning of secret message? *spoilers?*

Meaning of secret message? *spoilers?*

So during the credits of the game, when you are diving through all the letters, if you touch all the highlighted letters you will unlock a secret message in the reports section.

It reads:
    "The past will be reawakened as a new number in never-before-seen detail. Prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number."

What does this mean exactly?
    At first glance i think, "oh KH3 YAY!"
    but reading more into it i think maybe a hd release of kingdom hearts 1 and 2?

i would buy the crap out of an hd remix of kh1/2

i guess they could be talking about either.

a friend told me nomura was interested in an hd collection of kingdom hearts so its a possibility.

kh3 may include other past elements within the game we don't even know about.

The past will be awakend I think is a referance to Terra, Ventus, and Aqua showing up again. The new number being III and the detail being the fact of better graphics on a PS3/4 with HD.

To me it means BBS will be coming to PS3 in HD and coined KH0. The credits already told us that the next new game would be KHIII (the blue letters and the hidden Roman numerals read "This leads to KINGDOM HEARTS III") so we don't need a second message telling us that. The only other option I can think of would be all of the important handheld games (BBS, Days, CoM) getting a HD release as KH1.5 or something like that to reduce the number of consoles the games are on.

EDIT: Also, the final bit just means that they're doing this to help catch people up for KHIII. Now all of the people who automatically assume that handheld titles aren't important will end up buying this... damn, I wanted to sit back and laugh at all the clueless idiots

@Basho

Or it would be called Kingdom Hearts: Handheld HD Remaster or something like that. I doubt CoM would be in it do to it already being a PS2 game but BBS, Days, and RE:Coded are all probable. I got really sick of people just saying they are going to ignore every game until KHIII. They aren't going to understand anything that way and will diminish all fun they will have with the game. And all that love I had for Days would be even better shared on a console with Four players at one once on the big screen!

Re:CoM flew under a lot of people's radar, though. It was released only a little before the PS3 came out, so PS2 game sales were dropping quite a bit. Plus, it had a bit of a stigma with it due to it being unique and not the same fighting style as KHI/KHII, which drove a lot of people away from it. I wouldn't expect Re:Coded, since it really doesn't have that much to do with the overall plot (though it is my third favorite game in the series, and one of the best games out there for the DS). Also, I would expect CoM because of the stuff introduced in DDD that sheds a new light on Organization XIII and Nobodies in general.

I feel like They(Square) would release a PS2 HD collection with Re:CoM. And leave the other three on another collection.

Originally Posted by DerekMaverick

I feel like They(Square) would release a PS2 HD collection with Re:CoM. And leave the other three on another collection.

agreed

coded/re:coded, bbs/bbs FM, 3d, and even days should be on a totally different collection than 1/2 and re:com

and for heaven's sake if they do a hd collection of 1/2 can they PLEASE be the final mix versions?????????

Uh, but didn't SE say that 3D was the last game before III? I don't think tehy would release a Hd collection before then (or one at all, given the fact that these are full-legnth JRPGS we are talking about. About 50 hourse of gameplay in each of them...

Honestly, I don't care if it's hd or not, I just wish they'd release all the final mixes in english. I'd pay 50 bucks for each of them if I had to, it's a pain in the @$$ to have to go and find each of the cutscenes that were left out of the english versions, but it'd be even worse to not see them, and that doesn't even count the secret bosses and stuff that I've missed out on. I know that there are some people who have made english patches for the FMs, but I'd have to download some sketchy programs to be able to use it, and I'm way too paranoid about viruses to try and use them. Anyway, back to the secret message. *Spoiler Warning* My first thought when I read it was of Xion, but that doesn't really make much sense. I guess it could mean an hd re-release of some of the games, but if it doesn't include the stuff from the final mixes, there's no way I'm gonna buy it, after all, I've already got the games, so what's the point of getting the same game again, even if it does have better graphics? Another thing it might be reffering to could be the seven keyblade wielders of light, or the thirteen of darkness, after all, both sides are missing members (Ventus has yet to join them, if he's even awake yet, and Aqua is still trapped in the dark realm, and since Xehanort failed to make Sora into his thirteenth vessal, he still needs to make one more version of himself to get the full thirteen that he needs.), I know that this doesn't fit the message perfectly, but I thought I might as well put the ideas out there.

Pretty sure it's either an HD remake of 1 & 2, Or it's hinting at kingdom hearts 3. Story wise i'd say the coming of Xehanort. You know what I mean after beating kingdom hearts 3d. =)

Yeah, those would make the most sense.

For the time I have had yet to have any good theories, but I will say I don't think it has anything to do with re-makes or the 3rd, 1-KH3 is already know if you pay any attention and 2- with the way SE is I don't see them making remakes, it would be cool to see english versions of the Final Mix's, I know how you feel Ryutlm, but even Square said they never had any plans for it to be in english. Also, the idea that it leads to some kind of game release like that doesn't add up to me, all the past hints in the other games always had a bigger meaning to the story, I know that's a long shot in some eyes, but I just feel that makes the most sense, personally, it wouldn't be the first time Square sent me for a loop.

^
    ...you do know that they announced a HD Collection of KHI and Re:CoM (with brand new voiced cutscenes from Days in theater mode) to be called KH I.5 Re:Mix, right? This means I was actually pretty close on my original guess since this strongly implies a KH II.5 Re:Mix with KHII, BBS, and Coded cutscenes.

Originally Posted by Basho
    ^
    ...you do know that they announced a HD Collection of KHI and Re:CoM (with brand new voiced cutscenes from Days in theater mode) to be called KH I.5 Re:Mix, right? This means I was actually pretty close on my original guess since this strongly implies a KH II.5 Re:Mix with KHII, BBS, and Coded cutscenes.
    Actually I looked that up, the HD versions are likely to only release in Japan just like the Final Mix's.

Not true in the least. When asked about upcoming games recently (the week before TGS) a Disney rep said that in addition to the two upcoming Epic Mickey games NA would be seeing another title that would be announced soon. In addition to that, all of the sites claiming it's going to be Japan only are twisting the words of the announcement; as of right now it has indeed only been announced for Japan, but the inclusion of the Secret Message alluding to it in the NA version as well as the hint from the Disney rep spell it out pretty clearly that at the very least NA will be getting it. I hope EU gets it too so they'll finally get the chance to play Re:CoM.
    I would cite my source on that Disney rep thing but I'm on my phone so I'll let you find it on your own.

Now that SE has announced Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, I'm pretty sure SE was referring to the hd remix in the secret message.

The interview Basho mentioned: m.ign.com/articles/2012/09/25/report-kin...

And, every thing fits in place (or, in KH terms, All the pieces lie where they fell where they wait for him...)

Nomura said it's time to Kingdom Hearts to get back to consoles. (1.5 will be on PS3)

Tai Yasue said that KH DDD connects to KH III, the next title. (They are re-releasing old games in HD, but they aren't the next title, technically)

There are two secret messages in KH DDD. The one from the mini-game and the one from the credits ("This leads to KH III"). As 1.5 can be seen as 'The past reawakened as a new number in never-before-seen detail.' because it's past games, a new number and HD (more details). The next phrase says "Prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number.", we can see the next as III, since the last number was II. And a collection, gathering all games in one plataform is a way to prepare everyone to KH III. Or it can be talking about 1.5 as the next number. Anyways we already have the message for III at the credits.

And, I do belive we will get this because they would have removed the mini-game from the first credits if it weren't true. Why would they tease everyone with this message and then don't release the game. I'm just worried because we haven't heard about Type-0, but the interview from Disney Interactive made me settle down. Also PS3 (or X360 if they decide releasing for it) are in a better situation that PSP here in the west. Another problem is if they drop FM in prol of the original version here. But they wouldn't be this mean... right? Right?

No offence, but they could be that mean, they made Japan the absolutely amazing FM and what did we get, nothin'.

The meaning of the secret message is the new "Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix" game that is going to be released soon. For... wait for it my friends... PS3!

Originally Posted by keybladelegend
    No offence, but they could be that mean, they made Japan the absolutely amazing FM and what did we get, nothin'.
    Research the FMs a bit. You'll find that the only one with enough extra content to warrent a re-release worldwide would be KHII's.
    KHI's just added a couple of abilities, three very short and largely unimportant cutscenes, two keychains, a new minigame heartless, and a few odd items. These were all just afterthoughts to make up for the cut content in the original Japanese version, which had about half of the optional stuff the NA and EU versions did. Not exactly worth localizing.
    KHII's actually added a lot, but wasn't localized because the average American gamer doesn't buy a re-release a year after they got the original game, and it wouldn't have been worth the cost to localize it for the meager sales (and potential losses) that would have come from it.
    BBS's, like KHI's, added next to nothing. It had an extra five minute tack-on episode that added nothing to the story, three (fairly easy) arena fights, and minigame unversed, and these were to make up for the things in the worldwide version (MF, two arena matches) that weren't in the original Japanese version (plus, FMs are becoming a sort of tradition with the main KH titles). Again, not worth the effort and cost of localizing.
    It has nothing to do with Square being "mean", it has to do with the fact that Square is a business and localizing a game costs a ton of time and money to do, making it ultimately not worth it for them since projected sales would have likely been below their profit margin.

These HD collections will likely be purchased by 3/4 of the people who originally bought KHI and KHII, and will also bring in several new fans to the series, making future titles more successful. It is well worth it for these collections to be localized, and it has been all but confirmed if you review Vitor's points (as well as my own).

Originally Posted by keybladelegend
    Another problem is if they drop FM in prol of the original version here. But they wouldn't be this mean... right? Right?
    That would mean more work for them. I don't get why people think FMs weren't localized due to SE being "mean", as I said before it's just the logical business decision to not put out time and effort for something that won't net a profit.

Originally Posted by Basho

That would mean more work for them. I don't get why people think FMs weren't localized due to SE being "mean", as I said before it's just the logical business decision to not put out time and effort for something that won't net a profit.

Don't get me wrong Basho, I agree with pretty much everything you said regarding NA FM releases not being profitable and I really never had a problem with it, besides, maybe, KH II FM+, that was a hellof new content, but I watched it on youtube, so, no hard feelings.

And, I do agree with you, releasing the original version of KH, in the ReMix, here in NA, for our perspective, would be a lot more of work. Well, kinda of, you "could" just comment a bunch of code and voilá. I'm not implying it's very easy, but it isn't very hard either. Note: I'm talking about removing new content like Keyblades/new bosses. Using the gameplay from the original version instead of the new one would be a massive work.

Anyways, I really don't think they would that, but, SE has done some strange decisions this generation. While one can argue were not releasing Type-0 in NA/EU, at least for PSN, is that bad of a decision because of psp/vita situation, no one can say that releasing FF XIV was a smart decision. Probably the worst decision Square ever made. I hope they learned from it and aren't making any more stupid stuff. Releasing the original version of KH in the HD collection here in NA would be just plain dumb, for example. But I trust SE will do the right thing.

P.S.: I think you're overestimating how much this collection will sell. While I do think it can sell about 1 million copies in NA one year after release I'm not as optimistic as you. Note: I think this number will be possible with a PS3/360 release. If they release it just for PS3 I don't think it will sell more than one million. God of War collections did well, but collections from Japan did not. But, since it's a remaster, they might break even the worldwide releases costs with less than half a million copies. Anyways, releasing it in NA looks like free money for me.

I guess I wasn't clear enough on how I was expecting it to sell - I am expecting 800,000 in the first year for both 1.5 and 2.5, since both 1 and 2 sold around a million in their first year IIRC.

While dummying out content isn't too difficult it does require extra QA time to make sure nothing else was messed up, and I highly doubt SE would do that just to rip off the rest of the world :P. I could understand us not getting that fully voiced cutscene between Cloud and Sephy since that isn't just porting over old audio, but things that are just code I don't see it happening for.

I'll probably end up getting the KH 1.5 HD remix, and I agree that SE isn't being mean by holding back the FMs, but that doesn't stop me from being really annoyed that I'm not able to play the extra content from KHIIFM, because, like you said, that's the only FM that has enough extra content to really make it worth while, so, I dunno, I'm just hoping that SE will see fit to remake KHIIFM in english someday. You mentioned 2.5, is that just hypothetical, or is there actually some info concerning a KH 2.5 remix?

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last