Thread: Now, I don't know much about server logic...

Now, I don't know much about server logic...

Now, I don't know much about server logic...

Or how it functions but wouldn't it be wonderful if the servers could make a check on other servers after a certain amount of time has passed to better facilitate less wait time?

For a broad example, if Server A(2 players) is playing on Provance and Server B(6 Players) is playing on Freeport; and after, let's say, 2-5 minutes neither has found a party. They combine and roll a random map and voilĂ* we have a full game ready to go.

I know some of you are going to say, "Well what if I wanted to play on Freeport? That's why I stayed in that server. Now you're saying there is a chance I won't be able to play that map?"

Yep. I am saying that there is a chance you won't be able to play that map but as we can all assume, taking into account multiple PvP "map style" games, there will be options in the future to customize your specific map needs. Example: Once two servers merge a vote could take place.

Without these things, I feel like match queues are going to be just as long and as boring as they ever were. People that drop in and out included.

This is the Closed Alpha going into the Closed Beta, my little fledglings. I want this game to rip from its nest and be bathed in the blood of our sacrifice!

This is all conjecture - don't hate on one another for ideas. That being said, if you have anything you'd like to add about this, please do share. Or if you want to show support for your brothers and sisters of Nosgoth and to the Developers, for giving us this game, leave your Warcry below!

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    This is an oversight that's being rectified in the beta build.

The servers will not intelligently combine themselves, but your client will keep looking for better matches if a lobby isn't filling, particularly if you and your party are by yourselves and there's populated servers available elsewhere.
    Last edited by Xaujin; 12th Feb 2014 at 22:07.

I think that that is a good idea, but not sure if its feasible technically (not a server guy either). What will help is having more people in the closed beta. There has to be less than 75 people playing the alpha in total, and obviously they are not all on at the same time. I like where your head is though, maybe that is something they will be able to implement.

Multiple lobbies get made because an EU player searches and finds an EU lobby when the NA player finds a NA lobby. At that point it seems to be filled in by the "first one made gets filled first" method. This is an issue that will clear itself up when players join.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

This is an oversight that's being rectified in the beta build.

The servers will not intelligently combine themselves, but your client will keep looking for better matches if a lobby isn't filling, particularly if you and your party are by yourselves and there's populated servers available elsewhere.

Thank you for such a speedy response! I look forward to seeing how that works :-)