Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: :pssst: come closer my spies have....

:pssst: come closer my spies have....

I'm a lot more inclined to believe nothing is being shown because it's not ready to be shown, which I fully and entirely endorse and respect.

I just don't buy this so-called need for secrecy, for this game, or any game, past their initial developing phase.

Originally Posted by Unstoppable
    Also the more secretive the better for them, sucks for the fans.
    Games thrive on hype and exposure. An unhyped game doesn't exist as far as gamers are concerned. With enough hype you could sell in a box. Secrecy is counter productive in this industry.
    Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

You usually can't build up and hold hype over a period of several months. People's attention span isn't very long and once the bubble deflates, it's very difficult to recreate the hype.

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    You usually can't build up and hold hype over a period of several months. People's attention span isn't very long and once the bubble deflates, it's very difficult to recreate the hype.
    Bioshock did it because of the community. Therefore we must strive to keep the community engaged and stimulated. That is my mission. I will succeed! lants Deus Ex 3 flag on top of moon:

Bioshock promised more than it delivered. I really think that is something that must be avoided at all costs! The bitter disappointment people voice immediately after the release has the potential to destroy the faith of existing fans as well as the interest of future customers.

Bioshock was good (for a game released during the "Dark Age" etc etc) and I want to support good FPS-RPGs so I somehow managed to get over the disappointment and release day/DRM-anger but it really left me with bitter feelings for 2KGames and Levine. Don't promises stuff you can't deliver - not even in ads!

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    You usually can't build up and hold hype over a period of several months.
    Try telling that to Bethesda. They managed to do it for a little more than a year.

Aye definitely I'm not getting my hopes up for Deus Ex 3 on the same level as Invisible War. I expect results this time around before I buy any hype.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12