Thread: Will Just Cause 2 be Direct X 10 Enabled

Will Just Cause 2 be Direct X 10 Enabled

Will Just Cause 2 be Direct X 10 Enabled

I commented on Just Cause 1 Forums wondering if there might be a graphic problem with Just Cause or if it was just how the game was made; afterall it was a 2006 game.

Years have passed including Windows Vistas release and also Direct X 10.0 or even 10.1

So I'm wondering if people who have Windows Vista will be able to be in awe and have Just Cause 2 Direct x 10.0 enabled or if it will just be a standard graphic option?

Nothings been confirmed about system requirements but when it does I wouldn't be surprised if at least DX10 was supported.

I dunno, I haven't read anywhere that the "Avalanche 2.0" Engine being used for JC2 will have DirectX 10 support. I don't think it'll make a lot of difference anyway, you can achieve some very pretty graphics with DX9.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

I think that the Avalanche 2.0 engines improvements are focussing mainly on improving environment simulation for generating the trees, water and weather on the fly, and fractals for the terrain.

The graphics improvements wont be that much better than say, the Xbox 360 of Just Cause 1 aside from better physics and shaders.

Either way, as Mr. K said it wont be a terribly big difference.

I think there will be no big differences, only that i think DX10 needs more ressources ^^

I believe it was commented on in a podcast that this would support DX10.

Originally Posted by The Doogle Boy
    I believe it was commented on in a podcast that this would support DX10.
    Then I should buy new PC and install some brand new stolen software that supports dx10 then

get windows 7. its da bomb
    MARCH 23 2010 THE DAY THE WORLD WILL PAUSE B/C EVEN THE EARTH WILL STOP WAT ITS DOING WHEN IT REALIZES JC2 IS OUT Founder of ADHD
    Originally Posted by Poor Bison
    Brauny is right.

Originally Posted by brauny
    get windows 7. its da bomb
    Yeah, I kno. Just waiting for some easy-to-install-preactivated-unlegal copy of it.

Shhhh! That's done but not said!
    Everything should be a sandbox

So nice that people are admiting their crimes wihtout hasitation on the internet

Originally Posted by T.Mani
    So nice that people are admiting their crimes wihtout hasitation on the internet
    Or kidding around a little. One never knows. I paid for my computer and it's Windows Vista and I think I should be indemnized for having to use such a
    Everything should be a sandbox

i think u should get a free copy of windows 7 then, i saw somethin like that in best buy when i got mine. Call em up
    MARCH 23 2010 THE DAY THE WORLD WILL PAUSE B/C EVEN THE EARTH WILL STOP WAT ITS DOING WHEN IT REALIZES JC2 IS OUT Founder of ADHD
    Brauny is right.

I love Windows so much I cant give them my dirty money

then clean it first. In my experience some baking soda will take the blodd outta anything if thats the kinda dirty this money is lol
    Brauny is right.

Originally Posted by brauny
    i think u should get a free copy of windows 7 then, i saw somethin like that in best buy when i got mine. Call em up
    That free copy is more like keyboard without 90% of buttons, and it smells to

I am getting a free copy of windows 7 because my dad bought a new computer with Vista back in August which make him eligible for the free copy. Except i'm putting it on my laptop lol. Even so I could've got it for $29 through the MS collge student deal thingy..

They said in the second podcast that yes, it will be DX10 enabled.