Page 985 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 4858859359759819829839849859869879889899951035 ... LastLast
Results 24,601 to 24,625 of 27124

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

I think AbodeArtist and perhaps a few other comic fans here will appreciate this one, heh.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

haha that is hilarious

love it!
    signature image

Suicide Squad trailer:

What do you think about Joker? I hope Harley is represented well, she's really smart and has a psychiatry degree, hope she's not reduced to the role of Joker's plaything.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    What do you think about Joker? I hope Harley is represented well, she's really smart and has a psychiatry degree, hope she's not reduced to the role of Joker's plaything.
    Looks great! I'm a huge Jared Leto fan and I think he'll do a great job as the Joker. I'm just grateful to finally see Harley Quinn in a film, but I'm a little upset that Tara Strong wasn't cast as Harley; I think she does the best version of her voice and looks lovely enough to portray her in a live action film.

But I agree, I really hope Harley is represented well, too. She has her blonde moments, but I really hope they don't downplay her intelligence. She looked so adorable in the sports car, though; "I hope you've got insurance!"

(click image to enlarge)

Yeah, I'm sold on Leto too now, had my suspicions at first, but I wanted to wait for a trailer (and he's got that Oscar), so I'm glad it looks good Man, Suicide Squad, Superman v Batman, Deadpool, it's gonna be amazing And Antman is hitting cinemas in a few days, right?
    signature image

Yeah, Ant-Man officially releases on the 17th. I have tickets for the early showing on the 16th. I don't have much interest in Superman v Batman, but Deadpool has my attention. I love me some Wade Wilson!

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Yeah, Ant-Man officially releases on the 17th. I have tickets for the early showing on the 16th. I don't have much interest in Superman v Batman, but Deadpool has my attention. I love me some Wade Wilson!
    Blasphemy, the two greatest superheroes and you're not interested. Someone should check you for a pulse

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Blasphemy, the two greatest superheroes and you're not interested. Someone should check you for a pulse
    I'm not that much of a Superman nor Batman fan. I watched The Dark Knight because of Joker and The Dark Knight Rises for Bane and Catwoman. Just like I'm only going to watch Suicide Squad for Harley Quinn and Joker.

(click image to enlarge)

^ What about Wonder Woman?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I thought the whole Monika Lewinski (sp?) thing was absolutely absurd. Seriously, who really cares about the private affairs of a president or any other political leader for that matter. As long as it doesn't interfere with their functioning I don't need to know about it. Go have a dozen affairs for all I care
    Exactly, yeah. Put "It" wherever you like, just do your job and I'm cool. I wanna say "Yes, that's how you spell her name but I could be wrong.

What?! Columbo isn't for old, people, damnit

I loved Columbo ever since I was a teenager. I even had classmates in high school who loved Columbo!
    Holy crap, "Columbo" was international! That's awesome! To be honest, I take a dig at him because I watched it as well with my Grandparents. I always dug Peter Faulk. He had way more attitude then Matlock ever did, and I'd bet money he could've kicked his ass. Did you ever see Faulk's movie "Roomates"?

lol, nice 'male power fantasy' there

I suppose it is, yeah. I'd never heard of her (the actress) before that vid. After I watched it I racked my brain trying to think of anything I may have seen her in. I've come up empty on it, still. Pretty lady, tho. Gotta respect what she's willing to put herself through for her paych, er, I mean art. And I gotta say I figured that based on her "costume" alone Psylocke would never make it into an "X" movie.

Oh that reminds me, have you guys seen Conan's Mad Max parody?

OMG, when Andy looked at the camera for the first time while he was driving the rig I lost it! That was one of the funniest things I've seen from them in a minute, and they always do funny stuff. Have you seen the documentary "Conan O'Brien Can't Stop"?

--->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

^Love Jaret Leto as the Joker, though I gotta wonder how they'll intertwine him with Batfleck in the the two movies. Is Bats gonna be a major player in the Suicide Squad movie? Will it lead off into The Batman solo film(s) with Ben Affleck? Who BTW, is already confirmed to be writing, directing and starring in the first one, possibly more of em.

Speaking of which, the more I look into it, the more I'd love to see a Zack Snyder Bane outfit in one of the solo movies. Considering how awesome his new Batman and Superman suits look, I'd love to see him craft a new look for Bane somewhere down the road. I'd imagine his would more closely resemble the Knightfall version of him with the wrestler mask, as opposed to the mercenary look of Tom Hardy's Bane in TDKR which doesn't resemble any version from the comics. Oh, and actually use the Venom, which was never featured in Rises (they'd have to CGI the hell out of it, though, the "juicing up" part). Also, Deathstroke in one of The Batman sequels is a MUST.

PS, Driber,
    Last edited by KManX89; 13th Jul 2015 at 23:55.

Suicide Squad trailer:

What do you think about Joker?
    Umm... I don't even know about the source material, so I've got to admit I'm very confused about this and where it falls in line with the DCU. But I always enjoyed Harley Quinn in the animated Batman cartoon from the early 90's, and did read a couple of comics she was in before I got out of comics back in the early-mid 2000's. I really hope she's portrayed well. She looks great so far. The Joker... There wasn't really enough for me to form an opinion on, but he sounded just like Ledger to me, so it doesn't help with the impression one could easily get of: "He'll just copy what worked.". But people said that about Ledger as well when it was announced he'd be playing the Joker, so we'll see.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Umm... I don't even know about the source material, so I've got to admit I'm very confused about this and where it falls in line with the DCU.
    Suicide Squad is a series of publications from DC Comics dating back to 1987, with the first Suicide Squad appearance dating back to 1959. It consists of an antihero team of incarcerated villains who are orchestrated as deniable assets for the United States government, undertaking black-ops missions in exchange for prison sentence pardons.

(click image to enlarge)

^ Yeah, some of them were part of the Suicide Squad in CW's Arrow, loved Deadshot in that one
    signature image

^ Yeah, some of them were part of the Suicide Squad in CW's Arrow, loved Deadshot in that one
    I only watched it for Harley's cameo. "Do you cuties need some counseling? I'm a trained therapist!"

(click image to enlarge)

^ Hahahaha yeah, that was awesome, I was like "OMG is that Harley? IT IS OMG" XD Am I having false memories, or was there also Joker's laugh that could be heard in those couple of scenes?

Anyways, another trailer, got me excited for Heroes again:

I like seeing some recurring characters and that the show is kind of a continuation from Heroes, we'll see what happens, I loved Heroes
    signature image

at the conon mad max and his origin story videos.

"i have no idea how we got lost".
    this cracked me up most.

also, read this news here.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...eing-Developed

surely liked the first one. just curious how part 2 will continue. if its a continuation.
    signature image

I loved Heroes initially but got bored with it. The concept turned out to be better than the series.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I loved Heroes initially but got bored with it. The concept turned out to be better than the series.
    Yeah, the first season was pretty good. Stretched on a little too long, it was a pretty big dvd set if I remember right, but I enjoyed 3/4 of it. To me they should've just ended it after that. I saw 2 episodes of season 2 and it was just meh. Never watched it again.

Same problem I had with "The Walking Dead": There were just too many filler episodes.
    signature image

Had some catching up to do, so be warned - multiquote madness coming up
    Hah, multiquote madness sounds like a Microsoft Studios game...

Yup. And earlier, Kotaku's parent company Gawker lost a sponsor due to Kotaku's anti-gamer antics. People are waking up
    Cool. I'm only sorry I didn't stop reading them sooner.

Thanks. Haven't seen this one yet. Good video!

Yeah, Wu's stupidity is crazy. "People hire whom they know. I do" Holy crap what a facepalm moment

This is why I said she's 10x worse than Sarkeesian. Wu says much of the same kind of crazy crap that Sarkeesian does, and is just as manipulative, but Wu is lot less smart about it. At least Anita is a somewhat clever troll, she knows how to phrase things more intelligently and in a way to cover her arse. Wu strikes me more as the pathological liar type.
    The more I see of her, the more disturbed I am. I mean, I understand the "People hire whom they know. I do." statement - when you know what a person is capable of, you lean towards them if they fit the bill more so someone you aren't sure of.
    But, when I find she's running an all female shop (apparently) it has a more frightening undertone.

Ah I get what you mean now. Yeah, the dictionary definition (well, at least the one you picked out, lol) does imply that being a feminist means you need to be an activist of the doctrine. Just believing in / agreeing with the doctrine isn't enough. Which makes crazy stuff like this only the more crazier:

Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco apologises for saying she's not a feminist
    It's not so much the one I picked out - believe me I tried to find an alternative. But it seems that - as per the link - if you don't advocate feminism or imply that it may hurt men in some way, Glob help you.
    I was reading a "Top 6 women whipping the industry into shape" article by Playboy, and seeing Rhianna and Brianna listed was a bit disconcerting. Two very different parts of the spectrum there. One of them at least doesn't have a gun to your head...

What?! Columbo isn't for old, people, damnit

I loved Columbo ever since I was a teenager. I even had classmates in high school who loved Columbo!
    Hah, it is so for old people
    I loved it as a kid too. Every time he did that weird facepalm was gold.

So far I've heard a lot of "men are idiots", "men think with their dicks", "men who like lesbians are delusional", "men who beat women are evil" talk from you. Maybe the women you're trying to get together with don't respect men who constantly put their own gender down?
    Well, at least I'm not an evil idiot...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    Damn that last example made me see RED. I mean really? Projecting their bias toward to the patriarchy, to say men are the ones stereotyping men as insensitive brutes??? And that it's FEMINISM rallying for the uplifting of men?

Do they really think we were born yesterday??? Do they just expect us to swallow this rancid... this.. this... excuse me...

**enters storage locker, from which feral growling and crashing boxes can be heard.... exits**

OK, I umm... just needed to say, that video is a pile of bollocks. Pretty much all submissions can be translated as, "I need feminism because I'm incapable of thinking for myself."
    If you like that one, you'll get a kick out of these, heh.

PS, Driber,

I never said Trump was an idiot in the e-mail I sent her thankyouvermuch
    What's with the hostility? I was just trying to help.

and as for "men thinking sex with their e-mails", I was just calling it like I see it. I've read up on guys who created fake female profiles using the best-looking women pics they could scrape up on Google (obviously not theirs) and they instantly got hundreds of messages from guys on there, many of which were rather... sexual in nature. I heard they even got a lot of requests for nude pics TBH.
    Well I wouldn't be so quick to draw conclusions from this. The only thing this says to me is that men are generally more outspoken/blunt about it. But don't be mistaken that women are thinking with 'pure and innocent minds' when they use dating sites.

As you would probably say, "uhm hello, Tinder, anyone?" That's male objectification madness right there! And that app is incredibly popular among women

Now, how do you think that ties into this? Suffice it to say, there's a good chance she's been receiving lots of e-mails like that as well. If anything, I thought I was doing right by her in letting her know that somebody actually read her profile and commented on that instead, because that's what I'm mainly interested in. Yes, she's cute (I've met quite a few pretty ones on there :P), but I'm mainly interested for her personality and her smile, and because I could see myself legitimately having fun with her, I already mentioned our shared obsession with Netflix (and even brought it up in said e-mail).
    I get that, mate. You want to differentiate yourself to what you perceive to be the gross of the replies she got in order to stand out. Nothing wrong with that. But may I suggest the possibility that in your effort in doing so you might be overdoing it? Keep in mind that you haven't posted the actual email, so I can only go on how you present yourself here

And BTW, all that stuff you mentioned just happened to come up in some threads on here relating to said topic, would I say these things in any actual conversations with her? No. Well, maybe the Trump CNN thing, which I'm sure she'd agree with, anyway (kinda hard for him to take the "traditional marriage" high road when he's been married 3 different times :P). And yes, I'll admit I have gone a little overboard with voicing some of them, but you've been rather... vocal in expressing them yourself at times. I'm not perfect, either, but I've seen you "bash the other side" as well.
    That's the thing, though - you can't be sure she would agree with it. Not by going solely on a ticked box "liberal" on a dating website anyway. Not all liberals agree with each other on every single topic. Hell, I bet most of them don't. I wouldn't recommend touching on politics or religion when dating, period. Those are volatile subjects best avoided when you're just getting to know someone whom you're interested in for a romantic relationship. Politics and religion have broken up many marriages.

True, I've been vocal in expressing my opinions, especially on topics that I think are important. As I said before, though, I don't think I've "bashed" the other side. Heavily disagreed with I would put it, heh. Anyway, none of that matters in this case. I wasn't trying to say that it's a bad thing in general. Just that expressing ourselves on an online forum and expressing ourselves when trying to get a date is different. If I ever had to use a dating site myself, I sure wouldn't be voicing my views on religion, politics, feminism, etc right off the bat, especially not in the strong manner you and I have been doing on here. Depending on the connection I'd feel between me and the hypothetical woman, I'd wait a long time with those risky subjects.

But oh well, that is just my opinion. And it's just one opinion. Do what you feel is best for you

Suicide Squad trailer:

Hmm, still not sold, TBH. Nice trailer, though. And for *some* reason it reminded me a lot of The Silence of the Lambs

Well, it turns out this girl has a Skype account, I searched for the username she uses on Match and voila!

So, whadd'ya think? Should I try adding her? Any bright ideas on what to write for an introduction message if yes? It's certainly possible she just didn't pay for her Match account, hence no reply (and this was before I knew you could buy a "Reply For Free" add-on on there, epic fail on my part), so...

Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Well, it turns out this girl has a Skype account, I searched for the username she uses on Match and voila!

So, whadd'ya think? Should I try adding her?
    I wouldn't. At this point, I'd let her establish communication. Anything from your end runs the risk of coming off as a "creeper", which if you add her on Skype without her knowing could very well likely happen. It would creep me out if someone did that to me, at least.
    signature image

lol

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Holy crap, "Columbo" was international! That's awesome! To be honest, I take a dig at him because I watched it as well with my Grandparents. I always dug Peter Faulk. He had way more attitude then Matlock ever did, and I'd bet money he could've kicked his ass. Did you ever see Faulk's movie "Roomates"?
    It sure is! They are still showing reruns on TV here even to this day. Just last week I was channel surfing and Columbo was on, heh. So yeah, it's pretty popular here. In fact, they are even selling DVDs of Columbo episodes in local newspaper booths here. Me and my GF (she loves Columbo, too!) bought a bunch of those a few years ago.

(click image to enlarge)

Together with watching Columbo, I also used to love watching The Streets of San Francisco with Karl Malden and a young Michael Douglas when I was a teenager. More action than in Columbo, but much of the same vibe IMO. Do you know it?

Hmm no, haven't seen Roommates, I think. At least the trailer doesn't ring any bells. Any good?

OMG, when Andy looked at the camera for the first time while he was driving the rig I lost it! That was one of the funniest things I've seen from them in a minute, and they always do funny stuff. Have you seen the documentary "Conan O'Brien Can't Stop"?

Haven't seen it, no. But that trailer looks interesting. I'll add it to my watch list, thanks!

Anyways, another trailer, got me excited for Heroes again:

I like seeing some recurring characters and that the show is kind of a continuation from Heroes, we'll see what happens, I loved Heroes
    Damn, that looks pretty sweet. So this is a reboot of an existing series? Was it as kick-ass as this new series aparently are going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    also, read this news here.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...eing-Developed

surely liked the first one. just curious how part 2 will continue. if its a continuation.
    That's awesome to hear. I really liked the first movie. Unlike most videogame based movies, that one was very well done.

"director Rich Moore has talked openly about ideas for a follow-up in the past, going so far as to suggest a story-line featuring Nintendo's Mario."

Oh man I would absolutely LOVE that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Hah, multiquote madness sounds like a Microsoft Studios game...
    *Goes off to trademark that rite nao*

Cool. I'm only sorry I didn't stop reading them sooner.
    That's basically how I feel about The Young Turks right now, haha.

The more I see of her, the more disturbed I am. I mean, I understand the "People hire whom they know. I do." statement - when you know what a person is capable of, you lean towards them if they fit the bill more so someone you aren't sure of. But, when I find she's running an all female shop (apparently) it has a more frightening undertone.
    Oh sure, hiring who you know is on its own perfectly normal and okay. I am actually very much against hard diversity quotas. Or to put it under an arguably more honest label - tokenism. So even Wu herself has every right to hire an all female staff if she likes. What I have a problem with is her blatant hypocrisy. Making demands on others to make hiring decisions based on gender and you yourself doing jack ____ to create a diverse workforce.

It's not so much the one I picked out - believe me I tried to find an alternative.
    Here's an alternative - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism

"the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities"

According to that definition, merely believing in the cause is already enough.

But it seems that - as per the link - if you don't advocate feminism or imply that it may hurt men in some way, Glob help you.
    I was reading a "Top 6 women whipping the industry into shape" article by Playboy, and seeing Rhianna and Brianna listed was a bit disconcerting. Two very different parts of the spectrum there. One of them at least doesn't have a gun to your head...
    Yeah it's crazy to see people like Wu listed in articles like that on established outlets. But then again, this only reaffirms the sad state of journalism these days. No fact checking; just agenda pushing. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Wu herself (or her ilk) had something to do with list

And yeah, Rhianna and Wu are quite different, indeed. Although I've seen some not so good things from the former as well.

Hah, it is so for old people
    I loved it as a kid too. Every time he did that weird facepalm was gold.
    "Oh sir, just one more thing..."

Classic

Page 985 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 4858859359759819829839849859869879889899951035 ... LastLast