Page 984 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 48488493497498098198298398498598698798899410341084 ... LastLast
Results 24,576 to 24,600 of 27124

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

That trailer was awesome, I think the movie could be at least 3 hours long I sure wish so xD

And gotta love me some EDI
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Ok now I love Batman, I like Wonder Woman and I even like Superman but I am just not getting this film yet!
    signature image

I was highly incredulous at firt, but Gal Gadot is starting to grow on me as Wonder Woman. But Jesse Eisenberg - I just can not not not NOT accept him as Luthor

And Crystal hits ANOTHER one out of the park at SDCC with her Qunari Inquisitor!!

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by AdobeArtist; 12th Jul 2015 at 00:24.
    signature image

Maaaan I still dunno what to think about "Batman V Superman" (Why just "V"? Is it really hard to put "Vs." in the title?). I go back and forth between thinking "Could be cool" and "Meh, it's gonna be a cheesefest". So I'm gonna guess that since Batman is driving the Tumbler there that it's a continuation of the Nolan flicks, which is something I'm honestly not sure how to feel about. Like the movie or not, "Dark Knight Rises" wrapped everything up pretty well as far as an overall arc for Batman I thought. But, Bats is going a bit grey around the edges, so it's also obviously a few years after "Rises", so maybe he's due for another one. I dunno.

Props to them for keeping Wonder Woman a secret for as long as they did tho. That couldn't have been easy. And fun fact: Did you know that William Marston, creator of Wonder Woman, also created the Polygraph test? And Wonder Woman was also influenced by both his wife and mistress, the latter of who was into, um, bondage? So if you've ever wondered why WW has a lasso of truth in her arsenal...
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post

Props to them for keeping Wonder Woman a secret for as long as they did tho. That couldn't have been easy.
    The hell are you talking about?? The casting of Gal as WW was known well over a year ago. There was even the first preview shot months later.

(click image to enlarge)

At first I was dismayed by the overall brown colour tones. Sure it looked good for an ancient battle armour design, but without the red & blue colour scheme, it was just a generic Amazon, not Wonder Woman. Thankfully these images came out more recently from Entertainment Weekly showing that the first preview was just colour muted. In fact I even like that the use of more metallic reds to fit a combat armour rather than bright coloured spandex.

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

Yeah, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor is weird.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    The hell are you talking about?? The casting of Gal as WW was known well over a year ago. There was even the first preview shot months later.
    Ah. I didn't know about it. My bad! I'll just go back to my hole in the Earth now...
    signature image

^Yeah, I'm not sold on Eisenberg as Lex and I'm STILL not sold on Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Besides the fact that she's too skinny (and no, 6 months is not enough time to bulk up, epecially if she has to split time between filming other movies during that span), she cannot act to save her life.

And, it's not based on the Nolan films, they've confirmed months ago that it's in another continuity. So no, BvS is not a continuation of Rises.

Also, General Zod's corpse in the body bag... basically confirms Doomsday as rumored?

But yeah, it looks awesome, I can't wait.

Ah. I didn't know about it. My bad! I'll just go back to my hole in the Earth now...
    I think I'll join you

Anyone getting The Rogue Cut?

signature image

Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    (and no, 6 months is not enough time to bulk up, epecially if she has to split time between filming other movies during that span)
    I'd have to disagree. I did it in six weeks.
    signature image

They were actually 2-3 shots were Wonder Woman looked really cool Overall, I'm excited for the movie Deadpool too And Antman's coming soon
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Anyone getting The Rogue Cut?
    Possibly. I did enjoy 'Days' on the first viewing, but because of the continuity errors of that series which seem to get worse with each new one, it just hasn't held up for me on repeat viewings. Maybe a few new bits will fix a few things and put it up there with 'X1 & 2' (the best ones, IMO). I really did like the dark path young Xavior was on in it and the theme of redemption. And it is nice to see Rogue back 'cos I thought it was B.S. how she opted for "The Cure" in 'X3'. And it's cool to see Bryan Singer back working. Looks as tho maybe his career has rebounded after that sexual harassment thing a couple years back.

EDIT: Speaking of 'X-Men' flicks...

Last edited by WinterSoldierLTE; 12th Jul 2015 at 17:28.
    signature image

Maaaan I still dunno what to think about "Batman V Superman" (Why just "V"? Is it really hard to put "Vs." in the title?). I go back and forth between thinking "Could be cool" and "Meh, it's gonna be a cheesefest". So I'm gonna guess that since Batman is driving the Tumbler there that it's a continuation of the Nolan flicks, which is something I'm honestly not sure how to feel about. Like the movie or not, "Dark Knight Rises" wrapped everything up pretty well as far as an overall arc for Batman I thought. But, Bats is going a bit grey around the edges, so it's also obviously a few years after "Rises", so maybe he's due for another one. I dunno.
    The Nolan films are not part of the DC Cinematic Universe, Man of Steel was the starting point so Batman v Superman will have nothing to do with The Dark Knight trilogy, instead this film is the precursor to the first Justice League film in 2017 I believe along with solo films for Wonder Woman, Bats, Supes, Flash and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    The Nolan films are not part of the DC Cinematic Universe, Man of Steel was the starting point so Batman v Superman will have nothing to do with The Dark Knight trilogy, instead this film is the precursor to the first Justice League film in 2017 I believe along with solo films for Wonder Woman, Bats, Supes, Flash and others.
    I see.
    signature image

Possibly. I did enjoy 'Days' on the first viewing, but because of the continuity errors of that series which seem to get worse with each new one, it just hasn't held up for me on repeat viewings. Maybe a few new bits will fix a few things and put it up there with 'X1 & 2' (the best ones, IMO). I really did like the dark path young Xavior was on in it and the theme of redemption. And it is nice to see Rogue back 'cos I thought it was B.S. how she opted for "The Cure" in 'X3'. And it's cool to see Bryan Singer back working. Looks as tho maybe his career has rebounded after that sexual harassment thing a couple years back.

-vid-
    I've loved them all, I'm all for the original cast to come back and do another 20 films And yeah, but we know the cure wasn't permenant, so it's all good

That video is great, it's awesome that they can all sit there and just laugh about it and not make a huge fuss about sexism (barf)
    signature image

I've loved them all, I'm all for the original cast to come back and do another 20 films And yeah, but we know the cure wasn't permenant, so it's all good

That video is great, it's awesome that they can all sit there and just laugh about it and not make a huge fuss about sexism (barf)
    Yeah, continuity flubs aside, I do enjoy them. Of them I think 'First Class' is my least fave, with 'The Wolverine' being second on that list, and 'X3' being third. I recently bought an actual blu ray player, and those first 2 'X-Men' flicks were in the bundle of movies I bought for it. Normally I'm very hesitant to re-buy movies (it took me years to re-buy my VHS collection on dvd, even after my VCR crapped out for good.), but those first 2 are so well made. I think my biggest problem with them, besides the continuity, is they recycle so much. Nowadays it seems like you can always count on an 'X-flick' having a character who can bamf like Nightcrawler from 'X2', for instance. Good movies otherwise tho.

And yeah, it's cool to see that "We've become like best friends" line you always see on the behind the scenes interviews with actors on dvds actually seem to be real for a change.

EDIT: Sorry to keep doing this but I keep finding things after I've posted. Incoming Nerdgasm

I've got my fingers crossed that Grand Admiral Thrawn will be in it...
    Last edited by WinterSoldierLTE; 12th Jul 2015 at 19:47.
    signature image

I've got my fingers crossed that Grand Admiral Thrawn will be in it...
    YES!! Someone else who read the Timothy Zahn novels!

But really not expecting that. Those books aren't canon and only these next set of films are what's going to be the official part of the Star Wars continuity. That also means no Mara Jade
    signature image

But really not expecting that. Those books aren't canon and only these next set of films are what's going to be the official part of the Star Wars continuity. That also means no Mara Jade
    How could anyone not read them? They should be required reading in High School literature classes! Nah, I wouldn't go that far, but it was a damn good trilogy. Meh, Mara Jade was cool in the first few books she was in, but once she and Luke became an item she kind of lost her badassness to me. For me it was like if Boba Fett were to suddenly team up with Han and Chewie because reasons, if that makes sense.

If no Thrawn, I'd totally be ok with seeing some sort of reference to Xixor (yes, I know he'd already be long dead and gone in this next set of flicks), or at least some sort of nod to the post Trilogy book universe. I know hoping for the plot to revolve around the remnant Empire's plans to build the Darksaber would be stretching it, tho.
    signature image

I read them too!
    signature image

Has anyone else played this yet? Mercy me, this is one addicting game!

Forget about what this guy says about it being of the survival horror genre. I've played quite a few of those and while this has it's moments, to me it really is more of a detective game with a fantastic story that just happens to have the tension of a survival horror game and happens to feature ghosts. And you'll die by the hands of ghosts in it a lot (and yes, sometimes cheaply thanks to the combo of the fixed camera and sometimes random ghost placement), but geez this thing is worth it to stick with.

The random ghost placement isn't common, but when it happens it can be a bit of a "Are you friggin' kidding me?!" moment.

The story is the glue tho.
    signature image

NSFW......

"These idiots need feminism because... " - The title of the video, not my words!

signature image

Had some catching up to do, so be warned - multiquote madness coming up

I like Obama. I didn't vote for him either time (His first run I was a McCain guy, 2nd run I didn't vote at all), but he's one of the Presidents I've been alive to witness that actually seems like a genuinely nice guy. Bush Sr. was creepy as , and you could see the "evil in his eye". Bush Jr? Well, he didn't fairly win his first term (Al Gore did) o that right there put a bad taste in my mouth. Then, you know, he actually led the country for a bit and proved his "real stuff".

Obama walked in to a very bad situation, and I think made something pretty sweet out of it. I think he's done the best he could with what he's had to work and deal with.

Best President I've seen tho? Bill Clinton, hands down. So he couldn't keep it in his pants, big deal. That just humanized him, IMO. It didn't tarnish his ability to lead.
    I thought the whole Monika Lewinski (sp?) thing was absolutely absurd. Seriously, who really cares about the private affairs of a president or any other political leader for that matter. As long as it doesn't interfere with their functioning I don't need to know about it. Go have a dozen affairs for all I care

Quote Originally Posted by Larafan1996 View Post
    Head of EA sports peter moore defends fifa 16 addition of female players against people who don't want women in the game

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...omens-football
    Oh FFS, how do a handful of random tweets from idiots on the internet even warrant an entire article on this? This is just unnecessary soap drama journalism.

The author even says it herself - this is like YT comment crap, lol. What kind of serious journalist reports on YT comment level drama?

It's obvious what's going on here. Agenda pushing. No way these obscure comments would have made it to The Guardian if it wasn't going against the feminist doctrine

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    That is gold.
    Yup. And earlier, Kotaku's parent company Gawker lost a sponsor due to Kotaku's anti-gamer antics. People are waking up

It was actually part of a breakdown on her behaviour. The point is at 5:50.
    Thanks. Haven't seen this one yet. Good video!

Yeah, Wu's stupidity is crazy. "People hire whom they know. I do" Holy crap what a facepalm moment

This is why I said she's 10x worse than Sarkeesian. Wu says much of the same kind of crazy crap that Sarkeesian does, and is just as manipulative, but Wu is lot less smart about it. At least Anita is a somewhat clever troll, she knows how to phrase things more intelligently and in a way to cover her arse. Wu strikes me more as the pathological liar type.

Complete BS, of course, but these things "go viral" and start influencing the thought of the masses. And when people start to think they may be unsuspectingly trodden on, they get fired up...
    That's the power of propaganda for ya.

I don't see simply "men and women are considered equal". If it's up to the dictionary, you either have to openly say these things or be part of a movement.
    Ah I get what you mean now. Yeah, the dictionary definition (well, at least the one you picked out, lol) does imply that being a feminist means you need to be an activist of the doctrine. Just believing in / agreeing with the doctrine isn't enough. Which makes crazy stuff like this only the more crazier:

Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco apologises for saying she's not a feminist

Quote Originally Posted by IvanaKC View Post
    How is it that EVERY time I decide to stumble upon forums after being absent for a while, there's always a discussion about Anita in this thread? I see things are getting ridiculous with her opinion of Lara's jacket.
    lol, ask Anita

She sure has a way to re-insert herself into the gaming community as soon as she starts becoming irrelevant again

Match.com is depressing me. At this point, I really don't know what to do, anymore. I feel it's my only choice because girls my age (or at least near my age, I'm 27 BTW) are so hard to find in public now that I'm all done with college, but my e-mails just aren't getting responses, and many people are experiencing the same problems with girls they're interested in not responding on there. In fact, based on the small sample size of e-mails sent, I'll be lucky to have em read when it's all said and done.

A week ago, I came across a girl. She's 26, just moved to Charlotte from D.C. (I moved there from Wisconsin 15 years ago, ), still learning all the hot spots, which I'm more than familiar with, she even mentioned in her profile her obsession with Netflix and wanting somebody to watch movies with on the couch. I'm a movie/Netflix fanatic, and: she even shares my political beliefs, having listed hers as "Liberal" in her profile. And to top it all off, she describes herself as having a "bubbly personality" in her profile. Sounds like a perfect fit, right?

Well, needless to say, I e-mailed her. I believe I did everything right in my e-mail, I followed Match.com e-mail advice step-by-step. I mentioned the numerous things in her profile we share in common (thereby letting her know that I actually read her profile as opposed to the hordes of men who, let's be honest, are probably thinking with their dick), I joked around (though not too provocatively), showcasing a little sense of humor, I complimented her (I even mentioned the bit about her moving from D.C. to Charlotte in the first e-mail, and went on to say "great minds think alike"), the whole nine yards, end result: read, no reply.

Talk about a deal breaker. I mean, if having that much ammunition on a girl can't get me a response, I honestly don't know what can. FFS, I don't think you can possibly get any better of a match than that. I thought she'd be happy to have somebody she can joke about how much of an idiot Trump is for his anti-gay marriage CNN fail and shares her obsession with Netflix and movies. While I understand there's a slight chance she might have a free account and was simply unable to reply to me, I have a hard time believing that somebody who works as a crime scene investigator (yes, that's literally her job, adding to her perfection as a match. I mean, who wouldn't wanna be able to say they have a police woman for a GF?) can't take the initiative to pay for an account on there (as money obviously isn't an issue with her) and have free reign to write/respond to e-mails and whatnot.
    How can you tell you both share the exact same political views just by going on the broad label "liberal"? I remember the two of us have disagreed many times, from your irresponsible driving habits to your extreme views on queer issues. And I could easily describe myself as a "liberal".

You even said that in your email you were calling Trump an idiot. Maybe she likes Trump and that comment put her off.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, mate. People come, people go. I believe we meet the people we need to meet, not meet the people we want to. All good things, even relationships, come around in time, and you're only 27. I understand at your age maybe perhaps your feeling a bit of the biological clock ticking or a sense of "Holy crap! I'm almost ready for Metamucil every morning and an evening of 'Matlock' and 'Columbo'!" (I did at that age) but you've still got plenty of time for dating.
    What?! Columbo isn't for old, people, damnit

I loved Columbo ever since I was a teenager. I even had classmates in high school who loved Columbo!

It's just sad when you really think about it. You'd think getting a reply from a woman like that would be piss easy (hell, you'd think getting responses from women in general on Match.com, or any dating site, would be easier than it is: they're looking for the same thing you are and can't get it in-person, after all). Having a SO with the same political views fresh off the Hodges case is a big deal.
    There's no way you can tell what the woman wants based on a mere dating website profile. Remember, people lie through their teeth on those kinds of sites.

Take me for example: I tend to click away from chicks with differing political views. If their profile says "Conservative" under "Political Views", automatically not interested (I don't understand why women would vote for the ticket that wants to ban birth control, teach Abstinence Only in schools where they notoriously slut shame women, keep them from getting paid the same as men, etc., etc.).
    I'm gonna be honest with you here and say that you sound like a typical SJW white knight, mate. Having the same (perceived) political views and randomly bashing the "other" side is not a sure way to get into a woman's pants

Sorry, but I'd like somebody I can talk about the Hodges Supreme Court decision, even crack a few jokes about the idiocy looming from it with without a hitch (I'd love to show her TheAmazingAtheist's "Idiots React to Gay Marriage" video on YouTube ), not a chick who thinks like the "dey gahnna leguhlyze pedafyle marryge n3xt!" folks/morons.
    Mate, more and more you're sounding like a leftist fanatic. Maybe do some introspection and think about if this may be the thing putting women off...?

Hell, since she's obviously a Redskins fan, I'm sure she'd get a kick out of this video as well, I don't think she realizes the missed opportunities for laughs :

So far I've heard a lot of "men are idiots", "men think with their dicks", "men who like lesbians are delusional", "men who beat women are evil" talk from you. Maybe the women you're trying to get together with don't respect men who constantly put their own gender down?

aaaaaaaaaand once again Anita demonstrates her uncanny talent of Arguing From Ignorance; where she talks crap about a subject she has literally never had any interaction with. Ohhhh but there's that pic of her sitting next to a pile of games from the entire game shop
    Aka "I bought this pile of games in bulk on eBay, not to play them, but to bash them"

I've always advocated that there's a dissonance between two generations of feminists. The True Feminists, the original generation from when the movement started in the 60's (or maybe it was the 50's?) who's foundation was for equal rights of women (work opportunities, wages, voting, etc...). And then there's the more modern branch that are really pseudo-feminists. In place of equality, their mantra is all about being professional victims and oppressing men under the battle cry of the "evils of the patriarchy".

Sure they call themselves feminists trying to identify with the philosophy and mindset of the founders, but as pointed out before, it's nothing to do with equality. They took a noble cause and perverted it into a self centred campaign that is detrimental to society and the unity of sexes.
    That's not entirely correct. Feminist have (from their roots in the 60'ies) never been about voting rights, equal pay rights, etc. Women already had those rights in the 60'ies.

What you're talking about are suffragettes. But that movement stems way back to the 1800's. That is when women didn't have equal voting rights, equal pay rights, etc. Not in the 60'ies of the 20th century, lol.

The whole foundation of feminism itself has been about gender roles, objectification of women, and other subjective feelings.

lol, nice 'male power fantasy' there

Oh that reminds me, have you guys seen Conan's Mad Max parody?

Maybe that's because it wasn't sexism

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    NSFW......

"These idiots need feminism because... " - The title of the video, not my words!

Ha, I just saw that video a couple of days ago!

Ceara great. She really destroys all those crazy reasons people give these days to be a feminist. And she's so right; in most cases feminism will actually make people's problems worse instead of solving it.

I also love that Ceara used to be a feminist herself and is now an anti-feminist. There's hope left!

Have you seen her other videos?

She made a very striking video on feminist bullying a while ago that I recommend seeing. And no, I don't mean anti-feminists bullying feminists; I mean feminists who bully people, powerless people on top of that, just because they don't share the same feminist opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Have you seen her other videos?
    I watched the other two in this series. Nothing else yet.
    signature image

How could anyone not read them? They should be required reading in High School literature classes! Nah, I wouldn't go that far, but it was a damn good trilogy. Meh, Mara Jade was cool in the first few books she was in, but once she and Luke became an item she kind of lost her badassness to me. For me it was like if Boba Fett were to suddenly team up with Han and Chewie because reasons, if that makes sense.

If no Thrawn, I'd totally be ok with seeing some sort of reference to Xixor (yes, I know he'd already be long dead and gone in this next set of flicks), or at least some sort of nod to the post Trilogy book universe. I know hoping for the plot to revolve around the remnant Empire's plans to build the Darksaber would be stretching it, tho.
    What I loved most about Thrawn was his deep insightful tactician talent that made him such a compelling villain. The way he profiled the psychology of his enemies by analysing their art, reading it as a reflection of the perception of the culture, which he used to gain understanding of their methodologies and thus outmanoeuvre them to achieve victory, was such an original character concept.

Also was his brilliant way of seeing failures as new opportunities. Now I still regard Vader as THE greatest cinema villain ever. But even so he did possess some villain cliche's, namely the zero tolerance for failure. He would kill any subservient at the most insignificant if slights. Of course that was to instil fear in the masses so they wouldn't fail him.

But not Thrawn. He understood that success was built upon failure and allowed for repeated attempts to refine methods, which lead to them coming up with a way to circumvent the Falcon's hyper jump escape manoeuvre.

Grand Admiral Thrawn is an outstanding template for the intelligent villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    NSFW......

Damn that last example made me see RED. I mean really? Projecting their bias toward to the patriarchy, to say men are the ones stereotyping men as insensitive brutes??? And that it's FEMINISM rallying for the uplifting of men?

Do they really think we were born yesterday??? Do they just expect us to swallow this rancid... this.. this... excuse me...

**enters storage locker, from which feral growling and crashing boxes can be heard.... exits**

OK, I umm... just needed to say, that video is a pile of bollocks. Pretty much all submissions can be translated as, "I need feminism because I'm incapable of thinking for myself."

Oh and how exactly is it "NSFW"?? What am I missing here?
    signature image

Oh and how exactly is it "NSFW"?? What am I missing here?
    Only the swearing.
    signature image

Page 984 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 48488493497498098198298398498598698798899410341084 ... LastLast