Page 775 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 275675725765771772773774775776777778779785825875 ... LastLast
Results 19,351 to 19,375 of 27123

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie92 View Post
    Does it still not work for you? I mean, I have some problems too but nothing that would stop me from playing. ^^
    every patch they have released made the game worse. more crashes, rubber banding and lagging even when my ping is below 20 (and no its not my hardware because my pc is more then capable of running it), netcoding still hasnt been fixed, problems joining servers and when i get in, after switching maps it crashes. and im not the only one who has these problems.
    so no, this doesnt sound like fun to me. i wish they would release the beta version again because this worked flawlessly.

@other topic
    interesting interview about the upcoming alien game isolation.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...eview-GDC-2014
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post
    is it hard to not believe at least one consipracy theory? i mean there are so many things that happen in this world that can't be explained, or the explanation given doesn't make sense.
    Depends on what you mean. Do I believe conspiracy theories to be true before they are proven to be true and the only thing you can form an opinion on is just hear-say, paranoid thinking, and speculation? No. That would be silly.

Do I think some conspiracy theories have the potential to be true? Yes. There have been a number of conspiracy theories that in the past turned out to be (partly) true.

Believing in the plausibility of conspiracy theories entirely depends on whether the claims being made are extraordinary or not, and who is making the claims, and if there is a history of proven conspiracies regarding the subject.

For example, let's say that a reputable journalist puts forth a conspiracy theory about 3 oil companies manipulating oil prices. That's something I could consider plausible even before proof is presented. Big companies have been known to engage in price fixing, so that's not an extraordinary claim.

But for example if someone like Alex Jones puts forth a conspiracy theory about the Illuminati manipulating the vaccination program of every major country to inject citizens with a virus that renders 95% of the population sterile so that they can build a second master race to rule the world, I am going to dismiss that theory by default until solid proof would present itself. Alex Jones is a right-wing extremist who has a history of sensationalism, lying, profiting off of the paranoia he tries to instil into his followers, and generally being a nutjob:

now i don't believe in *every* theory, but there are some that have convincing evidence to back it up. but, in the end, i take all of it with a grain of salt and just live as best as i can each day.
    On one side you believe in some conspiracy theories, and on the other side you take them all with a grain of salt? That sounds kind of contradicting

btw i don't fear scenario's like the one i stated, i am simply concerned for all the people in this world that are naive and think these people in power are looking out for them, when in fact they are only doing what they can do give themselves more power, money, fame and whatever else they can get.
    Why are you concerned only for people who you deem to be naive? Shouldn't you also be concerned about the people who aren't? Both will be affected equally if those people in power screw them over.

And to play devil's advocate for a moment - wouldn't being naive be better in those cases when you can't stop those powerful people anyway? You'd live a more carefree and happy life that way.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

These are in-game graphics or what?

This teaser reminds me of the Intro of AC1. The bells... and the assassin looking down at the crowd... AWESOME!

It reminds me of AC4 when Connor is about to... well ya know.

Don't spoiler! I haven't finished AC4 yet!

But are you sure you meant AC4? Connor is in AC3... or did you mean Edward?

Ass Creed 4 came out last week and already there's a teaser for Ass Creed 5. Meanwhile it's been more than a year since TR9 came out but we still haven't seen one pixel of TR10...

Sigh...

Anyway... Good for you, Ubisoft, that you return to big European cities were we can do some proper freerunning. The French revolution is a good setting I guess... Now just make sure you vastly improve the combat, make the whole thing a lot more challenging, more sneaking and less swordplay, and FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, remove the modern day metastory...

Do all of that and I'll buy your crap again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Do all of that and I'll buy your crap again...
    I think even if there is a game every year, none of the AC games was crap. I actually think they are getting better or at least keep the level with every game. The only reason I prefer AC2 over everything is because it has Ezio. <3

Don't spoiler! I haven't finished AC4 yet!

But are you sure you meant AC4? Connor is in AC3... or did you mean Edward?
    I meant AC3 yees e-e sorry.

Well I started playing the first Mass Effect game, and so far my impressions are very mixed.

The premise and story so far seem very good; they've created a very detailed and interesting futuristic world; it's fun to run around on that space station, discovering more about it and to see all those weirdo aliens they came up with. I can definitely see where all the praise comes from.

But the combat is a disaster; clumsy and counterintuitive: I can't fire two shots without the targeting reticule swelling up like a balloon. But even if I could shoot straight it doesn't seem to matter where I hit the enemies: no headshots or anything: just blast them away.
    The rifle seems useless alltogether so I'm just using the pistol and shotgun now. Grenades take two hours to explode, which by that time I have mostly already shot the enemy and are moving to their position. No health regeneration and blood on the screen means I have to check the health bar constantly.
    It serves as a reminder as to how fluid and intuitive the combat in TR9 was.

Also, loading screens and saving takes way longer than it should be. Though that may be because I'm not playing it on the system it was made for...

I haven't bedded any aliens yet...

This teaser reminds me of the Intro of AC1. The bells... and the assassin looking down at the crowd... AWESOME!

I'm excited. Supposedly there will be a seperate game for the Xbox 360 and PS 3. I wonder if PC will get both or will it get the one the next-gen consoles are getting?

nice. new AC game. still have to finish liberation. yesterday i just finished freedom cry. but if unity has these graphics....wow, lets just hope it does play well and that its available on pc.

@jurre
    yeah, mass effect 1 doesnt really have good AI and the assault rifle is pretty useless. i personally always used the pistol and the sniper. these worked just fine for the entire game.
    use the heat reduction upgrade for the pistol so you can practically shoot without a break same for the sniper.

but you will be happier with part 2 then because they improved a lot in this title. the combat is not that easy anymore and the AI isnt as braindead as in the first one.

and it is funny that you have long loading times. even on my older pc back then they were pretty fast.

and dont worry with bedding aliens. just stick with liara she is the best romance character anyway. but you can already have fun with an asari on the citadel. not 100% sure where now since it has been ages that i have played it but i know that its there were you have to cross a bridge over the water.

oh, and AC4 came out last year in novemeber
    signature image

I came, I saw and I came :O

I got the AC1 vibes seeing it too When Altair watches an execution as bells ring. Paris is the biggest city featuring in an AC game yet. Should be interesting if they don't frack anything up. I loved Black Flag but its time to return to an authentic AC experience

remove the modern day metastory...
    They already removed as much of it as possible, without actually removing it, if you know what I mean..

They say its ingame graphics but I'm doubtful the game would actually look THIS good. But I'm guessing it probably will look somewhere near it. If you look closely you can see pieces of papers disappearing, so I think thats definitely ingame graphics, just touched up.

Ass Creed 4 came out last week and already there's a teaser for Ass Creed 5. Meanwhile it's been more than a year since TR9 came out but we still haven't seen one pixel of TR10...

Sigh...
    If you wanted new info that soon, I'm afraid your expectations were set too high.

The previous to last TR game was released in 2008. It wasn't until 2011 until the first bit of info came out about the last game.

Also, you can't compare a small studio of less than 200 employees to a giant studio of around 6000 employees.

Patience

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post

yeah, mass effect 1 doesnt really have good AI and the assault rifle is pretty useless. i personally always used the pistol and the sniper. these worked just fine for the entire game.
    use the heat reduction upgrade for the pistol so you can practically shoot without a break same for the sniper.

but you will be happier with part 2 then because they improved a lot in this title. the combat is not that easy anymore and the AI isnt as braindead as in the first one.
    Not that easy anymore? The sloppy, worthless combat is what's making me die all the time so I can watch the loading screen for another 0,5 to 1 minute. Terribly frustrating... I am glad that the game is more like a detective so far rather than a third person shooter or I would consider it totaly unplayable...

I do appreciate the appearance of some real life places in space such as the Horsehead Nebula and the Perseus arm of the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post

and dont worry with bedding aliens. just stick with liara she is the best romance character anyway. but you can already have fun with an asari on the citadel. not 100% sure where now since it has been ages that i have played it but i know that its there were you have to cross a bridge over the water.
    I don't know about that: the head tentacles freak me out I guess I am not as open to interspecies intercourse as Shepard - or captain Kirk...

Quote Originally Posted by pirate1802 View Post
    They already removed as much of it as possible, without actually removing it, if you know what I mean..
    I don't know... this idiot in the office who's trying to act like a pirate - you know going like: 'aaaarh!' made me cringe. I just want them to get rid of the modern story altogether: it was okay with Lucy and Shaun but I think it's dead weight now...

Not that easy anymore? The sloppy, worthless combat is what's making me die all the time so I can watch the loading screen for another 0,5 to 1 minute. Terribly frustrating... I am glad that the game is more like a detective so far rather than a third person shooter or I would consider it totaly unplayable...

I do appreciate the appearance of some real life places in space such as the Horsehead Nebula and the Perseus arm of the galaxy.

I don't know about that: the head tentacles freak me out I guess I am not as open to interspecies intercourse as Shepard - or captain Kirk...
    wow, seriously? i did die of course every now and then but it was never frustrating for me. do you actually go behind cover and shoot around corner or over them? also the grenades help at times.

your loading times really sound awfully long. mine were like 10 secs or so. sounds like your pc is really weak.

and lol,they never bothered me on liara or on any asari i came across. in part you are in their homeworld and you just see them all over
    well, i always romanced liara, when i saw her and i could romance her, i was like
    my (fem)shep did the right choice
    signature image

I play it on PS3: I don't know why but it's clear to me that some changes were made from the pc & xbox versions. Maybe it's ruined on purpose for not using it on Microsoft devices. And I do mean ruined: this bloody game is doing it's utmost best not to be played and enjoyed: it took 2 hours to download, another hour to install: loading screens take at least half a minute, it doesn't allow me to safe when I want it, it doesn't allow me to use healthpacks when I want it, the combat is cripplingly bad, and now that I have arrived in a long shooter section on a snow planet the game has decided that safepoints are for sissies (and as mentioned before I can't safe it manually either).

In other words, I gave up on it.

Furiously I popped in part 2, that I have on disc, to see if anything can reinstate my faith in this series. And fortunately, it's a lot better: it behaves like an ordinary competent third person shooter - aim, reload, cover: it all works fine now. The control configuration is also a lot more intuitive. Shame that I am completely lost on the story now, but I think I will enjoy this one to the end.

this really sucks. you miss out a lot on the story and the characters. also your choices will not be there in part 2 and then in part 3.
    maybe you should get it on pc then. playing part 1 is practically a must to enjoy the entire story.
    signature image

Just thought I would share this beautiful screenshot with you all

(click image to enlarge)

Maybe, but I have a feeling the pc version won't solve some of my problems with the combat: like the healthpacks and the targeting reticule.

I've already blown 15 bloody quid on this travesty: a cheaper solution would be to watch the story on a YouTube let's play

Say, can I make love to my own species in this game or is that restricted to the tentacle-headed slut race?

Maybe, but I have a feeling the pc version won't solve some of my problems with the combat: like the healthpacks and the targeting reticule.

I've already blown 15 bloody quid on this travesty: a cheaper solution would be to watch the story on a YouTube let's play

Say, can I make love to my own species in this game or is that restricted to the tentacle-headed slut race?
    i had no issues what so ever with the healthpacks or any other issues you have mentioned. and now you can get all 3 games in a box on pc for a good price.

and no, you have more options who you want to romance. if you play as femshep, you can romance liara and kaiden. as male shep, liara and ashley.

in part 2 you already have more romance options if you so desire. you still can stick to your first love from part 1.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Just thought I would share this beautiful screenshot with you all

(click image to enlarge)
    Damn. This makes me want to play it again

Quote Originally Posted by pirate1802 View Post
    Damn. This makes me want to play it again
    I have only played through it once but I have been doing alot of the side stuff lately and just finished all the naval contracts.

Well I started playing the first Mass Effect game, and so far my impressions are very mixed.
    Hey, saw your comment on mass effect and thought to add my 2 cents. First, wtg on giving ME1 a try even though it can be frustrating. I played the series last year on ps3 and enjoyed it a ton (won't admit to the amount of playthroughs I've done. ever). The combat in the first game is hair-pullingly ridiculous, but there are definitely ways to make it tolerable.

The targeting reticule problem you've mentioned could be due to using a gun that's not in your character's weapon class. Check to see if you've got training in certain weapons which you can see when you hover over them when you select them in combat. Weapon mods can help a lot. Keep an eye out for Frictionless Materials, Scram Rail or Rail Extension mods. Ammo type can play a big role too, so be sure take advantage of that when fighting geth or humans.

Grenades are a joke (pistol whipping is way more better ). at least on the ps3 version you can force set them off by pressing the same button used to throw them.

Advice on healthpacks....Just mod the heck out of your shields and apply points strategically when upgrading levels.

These shenanigans are only around for the first game so stick with it since I found the combat improved in leaps and bounds with the 2nd and 3rd games. Good luck on the Noviera mission if you choose to pick it up again. The story is worth it .
    signature image

Thanks for the advice though I am not sure I will touch part 1 again: for now I am enjoying the heck out of part 2 and it seems to be a pretty self-contained story... It really feels like the best Star Trek game never made (despite the engineer on the Normandy bearing an uncanny resemblance to Scotty ) what with discovering planets and harvesting resources from them. I think the only thing that would make it better for me is if it really was a Star Trek game because in my opinion the Vulcans and Klingons are more loveable alien races than these weirdos .

She slays so hard.

ew @ the Real Housewives' part.

Page 775 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 275675725765771772773774775776777778779785825875 ... LastLast