Page 723 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773823 ... LastLast
Results 18,051 to 18,075 of 27124

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

It should probably be pointed out that that UN woman ("professor" Verene Shepherd) is absolutely crazy. She is also trying to abolish Christmas songs such as "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" because in her screwed up mind, that song promotes white supremacy.

Yeah... I'm not making this stuff up, folks

Quote Originally Posted by pomeranianpuppy View Post
    Why can't they just get a black actor to play the part?
    It's not a matter of "can't" (nor "kids beings used to seeing Black Pete with caucasian facial features", though I'm assuming Jurre was mainly joking about that) I think; there *are* black people who play Black Pete.

It's probably just that because the vast majority of Dutch people are white, it's therefore logical that it's mostly white people that dress up for the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Right now though the Dutch community in Canada is forbidden to celebrate the feast because... well, you know why...
    Did not know that. Wow. How hypocritical

Luckily, there are plenty of countries around the world where Dutch communities can still be free to enjoy this harmless tradition and where the PC machine has not raised its ugly head (...yet?) such as the one I'm currently living in.

I'll be damned to let some UN "professor" who doesn't know what the hell she's talking about and who has not lived a day in Holland telling me that I'm racist

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Looks like the UN has started distancing themselves from this woman by stating that she's not employed by the UN and is an unpaid volunteer. You'd think that the UN has better things to do than condemning local folklore.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    It should probably be pointed out that that UN woman ("professor" Verene Shepherd) is absolutely crazy. She is also trying to abolish Christmas songs such as "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" because in her screwed up mind, that song promotes white supremacy.
    This can't be real

I mean, how can someone think like that?

BTW, I'm sorry If I'm absent on the forums lately But I have some stuff to do

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    This can't be real

BTW, I'm sorry If I'm absent on the forums lately But I have some stuff to do
    if you read some comment sections of news stories on the net you'll notice quite a bit of people think like this. its crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by @m View Post
    Looks like the UN has started distancing themselves from this woman by stating that she's not employed by the UN and is an unpaid volunteer. You'd think that the UN has better things to do than condemning local folklore.
    they do, the international arms treaty that will eventually make way for a one world government.

I was chatted up by this really attractive guy who asked me out on a date to the cinemas to see Carrie after I got out of work. Ten points to the first person to guess what obviously happened.

He didn't show up.

Story of my life.

(click image to enlarge)

Men, lie to your women like there's no tomorrow if you don't want to be.... forever alone

Thank god for that!

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    This can't be real

Welcome to the world of hypocrisy where people demand tolerance and sensitivity while being intolerant and insensitive, themselves.

The people who yell "racist!" the loudest are often the biggest bigots...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post
    they do, the international arms treaty that will eventually make way for a one world government.
    I don't see that happening soon though, if you look at how the European Union struggles to reach a consensus on issues and that's "only" 27 countries. Aside from that I think the UN is seriously handicapped in achieving things because of a number of countries having veto rights and thus stopping treaties from becoming reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    The people who yell "racist!" the loudest are often the biggest bigots...
    That or people who start their sentences with "I'm not racist but.." followed by the most outrageous racist talk.

---------------

On a totaly different note I just purchased 3 cd's. I think it's been 5 years if not more that I bought a CD or music in general. Last music I acquired before this was via itunes (I don't know how it's on the MAC but on Windows it's a horrible product) when I got free bi-monthly coupons from my previous ISP.

And I'm probably old fashioned but I still like owning a physical copy even though I'll rip them on my pc to play there or on my ipod.

I rarely listen to the radio or music in general but Amy Macdonald is a great singer/songwriter so happy to support her. You can check out a live concert on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMlYR9f_7DQ

Big Grin

That or people who start their sentences with "I'm not racist but.." followed by the most outrageous racist talk.

*marking FGD start post*

Aren't Fridays just great!?
    signature image

The best!

It's quite sunny here today, in tacky old Plymouth, how about the rest of the world?
    signature image

It's hawt down here D: I hate it.

Overcast. Everything is grey and depressing...

oh nice, another FDG i need a new game
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    It's quite sunny here today, in tacky old Plymouth, how about the rest of the world?
    Ahhh, the good old weather talks. Well, it's was so sunny for the past two weeks that I actually forgot which month it is. I'm not complaining, thought. It's better this way, but usually at this time of year, it's rainy and quite cold outside.

Anyway, here's a random fact. Did you know that you have exactly 19 muscles that are part of your forearm?

EDIT: This is a video I stumbled on and I almost died laughing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXSYybCVxVM

thank you for sharing that, Ivana, that's just gold!

Does anyone knows why this message pops out when I try to play Dark Souls II Beta?:

"You do not have the latest version of the game. If you would like to play in online mode, quit the game, and sign in to PlayStation®Network to update to the latest version of DARK SOULS II NTVer.. Returning to Title Menu."

Dang it

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Aren't Fridays just great!?
    TGIF

Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    Does anyone knows why this message pops out when I try to play Dark Souls II Beta?:

"You do not have the latest version of the game. If you would like to play in online mode, quit the game, and sign in to PlayStation®Network to update to the latest version of DARK SOULS II NTVer.. Returning to Title Menu."

Dang it
    Is there a demo for this on XBLA/PSN?
    signature image

yep, there's a code on FB or Twitter, I can't remember, and idk if there is for Xbox :s I downloaded mine on PSN.

EDIT: GTA is so beautiful:

I don't see that happening soon though, if you look at how the European Union struggles to reach a consensus on issues and that's "only" 27 countries. Aside from that I think the UN is seriously handicapped in achieving things because of a number of countries having veto rights and thus stopping treaties from becoming reality.
    for now it may seem like that, but when the world's economy collapses it will take all of about a week for it to happen.

don't mean to scare anyone, but if one has been paying attention to the signs one can sense this happening sooner rather than later.

i really hope that i am wrong, i really do.

Well, I haven't been on here for absolutely ages! Pre-Tomb Raider 9 release even.

Good to see you again, Ants. It's been a long time, indeed.

But why do you appear to be pushing a glass table off a cliff?

Hey! Welcome back, Ants! It's been too long!!
    signature image

Page 723 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773823 ... LastLast