Page 722 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 222622672712718719720721722723724725726732772822 ... LastLast
Results 18,026 to 18,050 of 27124

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

Yeah, Despicable Me is pretty cool! Gotta LOVE those minions!!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    wow, you havent seen despicable me??
    I have

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    damn, part 2 was even funnier because more minion action they are so hilarious. just watch this clip if you havent yet.:
    Ha. I saw that clip last week. That's actually what prompted me to go see the first movie

Will see DM2 soon, too

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

lol, watched part 2 with my wife in the cinema and we were laughing our heads off. especially at the minions.
    here in australia the dvd will come out on the 31st this month.
    signature image

Can't wait for BF4. The new story trailer is just amazing.

Also love the launch trailer for AC IV: Black Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I'd like this introductory sentence to serve as a pre-emptive apology for the rant that's about to take place.

I need to complain about this. I'm not sure if anyone knows, but I was promoted to manager at work two months ago, so my responsibilities and duties increased drastically, especially when it comes to opening and closing the store, as only managers are allowed to do it. I asked for the morning shift at work (9am to 5pm) on Halloween because I had some plans; my father wanted to spend time with me scaring some of the would-be trick or treaters and my friend wanted to hang out with me and join in on our Halloween shenanigans and spend some time with me as well, since he hasn't in quite some time. So I spoke to my boss and asked if I could either have the day off or the morning shift. He informed me that he put in for the day off to spend it with his daughter and that the two other managers (I'll call them John and Jane, as to respect them and not use their real names) also asked for the day off, but one of them would have to sacrifice because someone will need to close the store if I open with the morning shift.

So I thought all was well. Until today, when I asked him if he'd figured out the schedule for Halloween. I could tell that he was reluctant in telling me what he had to: that I'm closing the store (1pm to 9:30pm) on Halloween. I assumed he could see the annoyance, disappointment and general WTF on my face so he quickly said, "I told Jane that you had already asked for the morning shift, but she said that she felt as though since she had made a general request before I did in terms of a shift on that day and that she had to work one of the shifts, that she had the choice of opening or closing and she chose the opening shift so she could get out of work at 5pm and her plans would be unaffected." He then sighed and said, "And the worst part is, John is going to be out of state for the week and half of the week after, so he can't do it."

I literally just stood there and stared into space for a minute. So essentially, even though I asked for the morning shift, Jane was given it because she stomped her foot and whined "Well I asked first!" Like, I understand that you asked for the day off, but I asked specifically for the morning shift, which the boss said I could have...you asked for the day off and after determining that a day off was not available, she rightfully should have been - by default - given the closing shift because I'd already asked specifically for the morning shift.

I am so beyond aggravated right now, you have no idea. I literally got so annoyed at work that I popped a blood vessel in my left eye. That's what I get for being so nice. "Oh Mason, could you switch swifts with me so I can get out at 5pm on this day," "Oh Mason, could you open the store this day because I'm closing the day before," Mason could you do this, Mason could you do that. HA! From now on, if anyone asks me for a *** favour, it's going to be a nice tall glass of NOOOOOPE.

Starting tomorrow, they're going to see a brand new Mason in that place. My attitude nor temperament will not change; they can just forget asking me for any kind of favour.

Going forward, if anyone asks me to trade or take shifts for them, my answer will be: "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

This is probably not what you want to hear, but I gotta side with "Jane" and your boss here.

If I was your boss, I would in that situation probably have done the exact same thing. Jane *did* ask before you did, and in a situation where both people want basically the same thing (the day off, or doing the morning shift both result in the same thing - not having to work during Halloween evening) and only one person can have it, then the most fair way to solve it is to award it to the person who asked first

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post

I won't watch that. People who watched this are saying its too spoilery. :|

so in the SP we have a female but not in the MP. i read here that they are considering adding female characters in to the game.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Battlefield-4

surely would be nice. would love playing as one.

otherwise still thinking if i should get it on day 1 or just wait till a premium version is available.

and AC4 has been postponed again for the pc version. longer waiting time for me.
    signature image

The BF4 Story Trailer is awesome! I kinda like that black guy. And how he doesn't trust that woman.
    I can't understand why so much people are complaining about SP in BF. I actually really like it.

And Assassin's Creed is going to be awesome, anyway.

I have a question to you, guys. Is there any important gaming-event left this year? Something like gamescom or E3? Something where people announce new games or release new information?
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    This is probably not what you want to hear, but I gotta side with "Jane" and your boss here.

If I was your boss, I would in that situation probably have done the exact same thing. Jane *did* ask before you did, and in a situation where both people want basically the same thing (the day off, or doing the morning shift both result in the same thing - not having to work during Halloween evening) and only one person can have it, then the most fair way to solve it is to award it to the person who asked first
    Technically speaking, however, Valenka asked specifically for the morning shift, not the entire day off. He was given that shift (as far as I know) by the manager. John and Jane asked for the entire day off in order to celebrate Halloween. Neither John or Jane were planning on coming to work that day, unlike Valenka. If John and Jane were really smart, they would've asked for the morning shift before Valenka and made some money they wouldn't have made otherwise by attending work.

Valenka was just slightly ahead of the game. I understand his frustration; the boss reneged on his word (at least that's the impression that I'm getting) and now he is upset.

Am I right, or did I misread something?
    signature image
    Just call me SeanHoney...

It feels like it's been a month since the forum went down. How sad for me.

Looking forward to that improved forum, though. Spice up your life!
    signature image

and you thought it was a myth that money grows on trees? http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/22/world/...html?hpt=hp_c3

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post
    and you thought it was a myth that money grows on trees? http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/22/world/...html?hpt=hp_c3
    How. The. *bleep*??
    signature image

So if Gold like... started growing on trees, and became a common phenomenon... would that make Gold less rare and thus less precious?

^more than likely. calling it now. in a thousand years wood will be worth what gold is now lol

Even if money starts growing on trees, I am sure it will be somewhere where I can't even go to pluck them like flowers.

So apparently some individuals - I assume black people from the Netherlands - went to the UN to complain about Zwarte Piet - a character in the traditional Dutch and Flemish feast of Saint Nicholas. According to them it's racist when white people paint their faces black, dress in colourful clothing, dance around, climb on rooftops, always smile and give candy and presents to children.

Because yeah, that's really what's making black people look bad, unlike gangster rap, cop shows or Michael Bay movies...

The UN handed the case over to a black Jamacain woman who didn't know anything about the Netherlands or it's traditions and surprise surprise: her conclusion is that it is racist and should be banished.

The people of the Netherlands revolted. A Facebook petition was started to show support for Zwarte Piet. After 24 hours half a million users signed it. It's the next day now and the counter is at 1.422.974. It's in fact the fastest growing Facebook page on the web.

And here's the good part: I went there to sign it to find out that my black cousin beated me to it!

I'm getting soooooo tired of the Black Pete debate every freaking year

What they should abolish are these politically correct bleeding hearts spewing their mouth garbage...

He is scary though.

Yeah better watch out, he'll put you in a potato bag and kidnap you to Spain.

So earlier today I tried to get on this site and found myself redirected to a SE page telling me there was maintenance being performed on the site. Oddness.

Em...does anyone know if there is a way to clear the minutes played on a game on Steam? Would I have to uninstall the game?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCordernay View Post
    Technically speaking, however, Valenka asked specifically for the morning shift, not the entire day off. He was given that shift (as far as I know) by the manager. John and Jane asked for the entire day off in order to celebrate Halloween. Neither John or Jane were planning on coming to work that day, unlike Valenka. If John and Jane were really smart, they would've asked for the morning shift before Valenka and made some money they wouldn't have made otherwise by attending work.

Valenka was just slightly ahead of the game. I understand his frustration; the boss reneged on his word (at least that's the impression that I'm getting) and now he is upset.

Am I right, or did I misread something?
    That's pretty much it in a nutshell, yeah.
    I've gotten over it though; my boss scheduled my favourite (even though we're not supposed to have favourites) sales associates to work the evening shift with me, so it's fine. It's also consoled due to the fact that I'm not doing anyone favours any more.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I'm getting soooooo tired of the Black Pete debate every freaking year

What they should abolish are these politically correct bleeding hearts spewing their mouth garbage...
    i have to agree with you 10000%
    political correctness is ruining everything in this world today.

The petition is at 1.873.372 now! This is so amazing - it's so beautiful to see the people stand up in such numbers to defend their tradition. To see them stand up against the empty-headed whiners whom the media gave way too much attention to...

Why can't they just get a black actor to play the part?
    signature image

Well that would be confusing I think, since people are accustomed to see Zwarte Piet as a guy (or girl) who's unnaturally black with caucasian facial features... I know it doesn't make sense, but that's it...

It's also that Sinterklaas has more than one Piet, in fact he has literaly a boatload full of them:

(click image to enlarge)

Which is courtesy of the Canadian army by the way: before 1945 there was only one Piet, but in 1945 the feast was hosted by the Canadian army and all the soldiers wanted to be Piet, so there have been many Piets ever since. Right now though the Dutch community in Canada is forbidden to celebrate the feast because... well, you know why...

Page 722 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 222622672712718719720721722723724725726732772822 ... LastLast