Page 714 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724764814 ... LastLast
Results 17,826 to 17,850 of 27123

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

Which means they're all playing GTA V so y'all have to wait!
    signature image

Nailed it!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    Well :c it's a song... idek the name, and it's by the underrated gurl from destiny's child... the one who has a horse... ish face :c
    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Never heard Kelly Rowland being referenced as Kelly R. I thought you got R. Kelly backwards for a second.

You were correct at guessing that nobody gives an ish. Whilst some of her music is good and she has her occasional bop, she's generic, dull and is just Beyoncé's shadow.
    I will not stand for this malarkey!
    signature image
    Just call me SeanHoney...

thank you Driber
    signature image

WORK [FEMALE DOG NAME HERE] FROM GODNEY IS SMOKING HOT! The vid slayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Hi.
    Judging you to ∞ & →
    signature image

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128371-Author-Tom-Clancy-Passes-Away

RIP tom.
    signature image

OK I ADMIT IT I AM IN LOVE WITH IGGY AZALEA.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post

RIP tom.
    i just read about his passing as well, he was a great author and will be missed.

OMFG I played GTA Online and it was awesome, the problem was that my char got deleted ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

Dressing up as eskimos, geishas, (gangsta) rappers, rednecks, sexy nurses, mexicans, japanese, arab men in desert attire, arab women in belly dance attire, etc.

There is this "we're a culture, not a costume" politically correct campaign going around. Here are some images (ignore the parodies, heh).
    Ah, I never even knew of this movement. And I can see the message they're trying to get across, the principle not to stereotype the various ethnic backgrounds. That is to say Geisha's aren't representative of all Japanese women, or not all Arab's wear turban's, native Americans don't necessarily look like the old "cowboys & indians" movies, etc...

BUT, that doesn't mean there's any reason to reject these images. They're speaking of culture, and these attires in a way are symbolic of said cultures, at least in a historical context in some cases. When done right the imagery celebrates the diversity and distinct characteristics of these cultures.

Ultimately it comes down to what context these are presented in, and that we can't make a blanket reaction to ostracizing these, any more than we can use them to stereotype.

RIP tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post
    i just read about his passing as well, he was a great author and will be missed.
    It seems so surreal that this happens just as I started Splinter Cell Black List. Aside from the games I greatly enjoyed all the movie adaptations of his books. I prefer to think of this as him moving on to the next big mission.

=======

And now I gotta ask this to anybody reading; but are you all seeing the forum layout with the user icons and info appearing above the post message, instead of to the left? That's the setting I use, and what still shows in my options, but not how my page views are looking like for 2 days already.

Is this the same for everybody else?
    signature image

he covers some interesting points.

i never really saw my self being imitated to be like the heroes in games. not even to gordon freeman.
    but its true that game characters are mostly looking ridicules. just look at the latest MK. over the top muscular men and over the top sexy looking women. but well, just like in movies, you can always break the rules of reality.
    signature image

Like how? Can you give some examples?
    The system only judges on what caste you belong from, not how economically well off you are or what's you social status. So you may be a rich individual belonging to a backward caste, and you'll have seats reserved for you in government colleges/jobs. On the other hand you can be a starving fellow from the non-backward castes, but no assistance for you since you're not backward. You're screwed from both sides in that case. You have students from weaker sections who are weak in name only, sailing through in exams with low marks because of this reservation system, while others are left sitting alone even though they performed better. In some states, as much as 70% of all seats are reserved in this manner. So if you don't belong to the backward classes, you are already at a huge disadvantage.

Well I'll be damned. Brittney appears to have gotten some of her groove back.

signature image

^ She never lost it, she was just using for more important things
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    ^ She never lost it, she was just using for more important things
    Like what? Do tell me because I really need to know!
    signature image

While I'm not the biggest Brittney fan, I have seen some of her older concert footage and it's apparent that she used to be quite the dancer.
    signature image

Erm IDK, eating, shaving parts of her body?
    Either way, she never lost it... I'd say she was refining it
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Ah, I never even knew of this movement. And I can see the message they're trying to get across, the principle not to stereotype the various ethnic backgrounds. That is to say Geisha's aren't representative of all Japanese women, or not all Arab's wear turban's, native Americans don't necessarily look like the old "cowboys & indians" movies, etc...

BUT, that doesn't mean there's any reason to reject these images. They're speaking of culture, and these attires in a way are symbolic of said cultures, at least in a historical context in some cases. When done right the imagery celebrates the diversity and distinct characteristics of these cultures.

Ultimately it comes down to what context these are presented in, and that we can't make a blanket reaction to ostracizing these, any more than we can use them to stereotype.
    Yeah I doubt many people who weren't already stupid and believe in those stereotypes in the first place would suddenly see those referenced in Halloween costumes in a whole different light.

he covers some interesting points.
    My response to both the female and male version of these ridiculous arguments is quite simple:

- There is not a problem with beautiful women in videogames. Parents need to educate their young girls and teach them that what they see in games (and in movies, and in magazines, and on the web, etc) does not always depict reality, while at the same time embracing the human's natural desires and instincts instead of trying to fight against them and try to shame others for having them.

- There is not a problem with hunky, muscular men in videogames. Parents need to educate their young boys and teach them that what they see in games (and in movies, and in magazines, and on the web, etc) does not always depict reality, while at the same time embracing the human's natural desires and instincts instead of trying to fight against them and try to shame others for having them.

but well, just like in movies, you can always break the rules of reality.
    Exactly.

Videogames, just like movies, are known for depicting a fantasy world. Most people know how to differentiate between fantasy and reality. If some people get Barbie Syndrome or muscle dysmorphia, you need to treat them professionally, not go on an ignorant witch hunt to crucify "unrealistic" imagery.

There is nothing wrong with a big of healthy fantasizing.

It's the same thing with Lara. You can also argue that she portrays an unrealistic human being. Most of us aspire to be as brave and daring as Lara, while in reality she could never do the things she does. Should we ban Tomb Raider because it sets an unachievable image for young impressionable minds?

Quote Originally Posted by pirate1802 View Post
    The system only judges on what caste you belong from, not how economically well off you are or what's you social status. So you may be a rich individual belonging to a backward caste, and you'll have seats reserved for you in government colleges/jobs. On the other hand you can be a starving fellow from the non-backward castes, but no assistance for you since you're not backward. You're screwed from both sides in that case. You have students from weaker sections who are weak in name only, sailing through in exams with low marks because of this reservation system, while others are left sitting alone even though they performed better. In some states, as much as 70% of all seats are reserved in this manner. So if you don't belong to the backward classes, you are already at a huge disadvantage.
    I see. Thanks for explaining. That's sad

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCordernay View Post

A choreographed dance routine in a videoclip?! Never seen that before...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Some sort of Off-Topic-Off-Topic (since you were talking about something else... )

I just realised something watching Batman Begins:

"It's not who we are underneath, but what we do that defines us." - Batman

"A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are." - Lara Croft

So... Batman is the explorer?
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBanes View Post
    Some sort of Off-Topic-Off-Topic (since you were talking about something else... )

I just realised something watching Batman Begins:

"It's not who we are underneath, but what we do that defines us." - Batman

"A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are." - Lara Croft

So... Batman is the explorer?
    I keep saying, a Lara/Batman crossover game is kismet. it's meant to be!!
    signature image

for those who like to get watchdogs for pc. you better have a very good pc. wont bother me since i wont be getting it anyway:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...32-Bit-Windows

signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    I keep saying, a Lara/Batman crossover game is kismet. it's meant to be!!

Laa-raah.... Laa-raah.... LAA-RAAH!... Laa-raah

*sock*
    *pow*
    *whap*

LAA-RAAH!... LAA-RAAH!... Laa-raah

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na... Laa-raah!

Can't believe what I just watched o_0

How the hell did Disney go from.... this.... to Hanna Montana and the Jonah Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Bekim View Post
    WORK [FEMALE DOG NAME HERE] FROM GODNEY IS SMOKING HOT! The vid slayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Hi.
    No lies!

Ya betta WORK!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCordernay View Post

She's coming for wigs!

Shame that's the only prominent knee bending she's done in like, years since her knee injury. She does some surprising twists and turns, but nothing on the level of her old choreography, her moves are really robotic (twitchy and stiff), she isn't as fluid as her backing dancers (though I know the merit of this comparison is shallow considering that they're actually PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED dancers, but Britney has high standards to follow). You can't lie when most of the choreo is still armography.

A choreographed dance routine in a videoclip?! Never seen that before...
    Well, Britney definitely hasn't been serving in that category in a quite a while + her choreograhpy (when she goes HARD) is better than her peers.
    signature image

I just played Beyond's demo (the new game) and it isn't usually my kind of game but it was really fun, maybe I'll buy it :3

Page 714 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724764814 ... LastLast