Page 677 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 177577627667673674675676677678679680681687727777 ... LastLast
Results 16,901 to 16,925 of 27122

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    Now, I think what PSN ought to do is this....if you put a hard copy of a PS2 or PS1 title in your PS3, the PS3 ought to be able to confirm that you at least own the game you are wanting to purchase from PSN, and then download that same game for free.
    Heh, I thought of this exact same idea a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    You'd have to need to verify ownership for it work, I'd think.
    Quote Originally Posted by parrys View Post
    Yeah like provide the SKU number located on the case of the game or the serial number on the bar-code thingy... if you don't want a friend to download the game for free on PSN then don't provide them the info.
    The solution is even more simple - disc check.

You can easily program the software so that it checks if the physical copy is inserted into the PS3's DVD drive.

Oh this is brilliant! DUH, why haven't they thought of this yet!???!
    Oh I'm sure they have. The question should be: why haven't they implemented such a system.

Care to make a guess?

It starts with an "M".

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Piracy. That's why. Remember the PSP? People pirated the hell out of that thing; and that thing was using proprietary UMD disks; imagine how much easier it is to hack a PS2's DVD-ROM game and burn copies yourself.
    signature image

btw I got a new video game crush on Cammy
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    It starts with an "M".
    Monsters Inc!

But yeah the only way to do it would be with excessive DRM I believe otherwise people would be lending games out like there is no tomorrow
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Daftvirgin View Post
    I love Cammy, like almost at an obsession kind level! LOL
    I attended the Comic-Con they had here in Rhode Island as Cammy (Street Fighter Alpha) last year.
    My BF went as Guile LOL.
    signature image
    Lara + Nathan = Lara & Nathan Croft...

Ermagerd I love you then do you have any pictures of that?
    signature image

Then get a load of this

signature image

There is another babe who does infinitely better, but I'm not sure if I can post any pics because of erect nipples
    signature image

Anyone wants to play Lara Croft & Guardian of Light co-op on Steam? If anyone interested, add me on Steam.

Alissa Chan does a very nice Cammy.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    And I gotta wait till Nov. But nice title there DA
    Thank you! I was thinking of choosing 'Khaleesi', but I prefered to go with something TR related!
    signature image

Piracy. That's why. Remember the PSP? People pirated the hell out of that thing; and that thing was using proprietary UMD disks; imagine how much easier it is to hack a PS2's DVD-ROM game and burn copies yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    Monsters Inc!

But yeah the only way to do it would be with excessive DRM I believe otherwise people would be lending games out like there is no tomorrow
    lol, I was hinting at Money, actually.

If you code it right, piracy isn't an issue. Piracy on PS3 is pretty much non-existent.

I'm pretty sure the disc-check-free-play idea hasn't been done because Sony wants to milk their old games as much as possible.

Why give people who already bought the games for their original console the option to play them on their new console when you can get them to re-purchase the games again, right?

I love Cammy, like almost at an obsession kind level! LOL
    I attended the Comic-Con they had here in Rhode Island as Cammy (Street Fighter Alpha) last year.
    My BF went as Guile LOL.
    Pics or it didn't happen

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Anyone has news about The Last Of Us' DLCs? :c still waiting for info.

Alissa Chan does a very nice Cammy.
    Oh yeah, I've been a fan of her cosplay as well. She does a great Supergirl too

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Thank you! I was thinking of choosing 'Khaleesi', but I prefered to go with something TR related!
    Now that would also be such a cool title
    and I already know what my custom title will be
    signature image

That ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    That ass.
    signature image

Care to make a guess?

It starts with an "M".

It CANNOT be money!

Disgusting. How dare a business?

Your suggestion about disc check is good, though.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Oh yeah, I've been a fan of her cosplay as well. She does a great Supergirl too

(click image to enlarge)

Now that would also be such a cool title
    and I already know what my custom title will be
    She also does a mighty fine Wonder Woman.

Porcelain has such an amazing voice. Praise this song for letting her show more of her vocals.

(click image to enlarge)

Wait a fracking minute! These jackasses turned a great song by U2 into a fracking (c)rap tune! OMFG! I saw it coming as soon as I looked at the lineup! As soon as the rap began, I switched this video off!

This is an insult to a powerful song originally written by a far superior band! Even if it didn't have the (c)rap or auto-tuning (I didn't stick around long enough to find out about the latter), it completely lacks the emotional impact of the masterwork that (unwittingly) sired this dreck.

In truth, I was waiting for cruddy auto-tuning to kick in, but I didn't have to because it became a rap piece! I am thoroughly disgusted with this -- rendition! I doubt I could express fully just how repulsive this pale and vacuous shadow of a great song truly is.

These (expletive deleted) aren't even worthy of carrying U2's lunch around for them.

I swear, my faith in humanity recedes just a little bit more every day.

...and I thought I was critical

I swear, my faith in humanity recedes just a little bit more every day.
    Watch some videos of Neil deGrasse Tyson and your faith in humanity will be restored.
    signature image

...and I thought I was critical

As a musician, who appreciates real music, yeah, I can be pretty critical.
    Allow me to take a step back and take a deep breath for a moment....I think the instrumentation of this version was cool. It, among anything in the song, at least carries the spirit of the original, even if it is done rather artsy fartsy. Even the vocals were okeeday. Not great by any stretch as purported (they lack Bono's angst that is the heart and soul of the song), but as soon as the (c)rapper kicked in, that completely killed any credibility this piece had as a song.

My reaction to the (c)rap is what killed the song entire for me...up until that point, it didn't seem too bad a piece. But all I had to do was hear a second and a half of a monotone rap, and BAM, song be dead!

Big Grin

As a musician, who appreciates real music, yeah, I can be pretty critical.
    Allow me to take a step back and take a deep breath for a moment....I think the instrumentation of this version was cool. It, among anything in the song, at least carries the spirit of the original, even if it is done rather artsy fartsy. Even the vocals were okeeday. Not great by any stretch as purported (they lack Bono's angst that is the heart and soul of the song), but as soon as the (c)rapper kicked in, that completely killed any credibility this piece had as a song.

My reaction to the (c)rap is what killed the song entire for me...up until that point, it didn't seem too bad a piece. But all I had to do was hear a second and a half of a monotone rap, and BAM, song be dead!
    You know, some may argue that Bono is crap....

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...8/bono-is-crap

I loved that episode.

I also remember that epsiode when the internet went down and that other when spielberg and lucas were raping indy;
    signature image

Page 677 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 177577627667673674675676677678679680681687727777 ... LastLast