Page 411 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511911 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 27124

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

I like that trailer. There's plenty of stuffs to do in GTA V. I want this game to come to PC so bad, even if its 6 months delay.

These features are the points taken from Videogamer.com:

• GTA 5 "evolves nearly every mechanic" found in previous games in the series.
    • Features the biggest open world in the series' history - GTA 5's world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined.
    • Three playable characters who you can switch between "at nearly any time".
    • Each character has their own specific abilities and story arc, with all three stories intertwined.
    • Camera zooms out to a "Google Earth-style" perspective when switching characters.
    • Character 1 - Michael, an ex-bank robber in his early 40s who retired after making a deal with the FIB. He has two teenage children and hates his wife Amanda. He's also the narrator of the original GTA 5 trailer.
    • Character 2 - Trevor, a former war veteran and a "drugged out psychopath". An experienced pilot.
    • Character 3 - Franklin, a repo man in his mid 20s described as a "young and ambitious hustler".
    • Certain characters from GTA IV and Episodes From Liberty City will also make an appearance. Rockstar's Dan Houser says we'll never see characters from the PS2 era, though. "The five PS2 games are one universe, and this is the high definition universe, so they don't co-exist," he says.
    • No major actors cast as any of the main characters.
    • Focus on making more diverse missions.
    • Heists and bank robberies are a big theme to the game.
    • Characters will work together during missions, and you can switch between characters mid-mission to fulfill different roles. For example, during a chase sequence you can pilot the getaway helicopter as Trevor, snipe pursuing pilots as Franklin, or fire an assault rifle as Michael.
    • Missions will have a "very diiferent tone depending on who's on them, how many people are on them, and how much we're using switches", says Houser.
    • Even when you're not controlling them, each character will still go about their own business across Los Santos. "You may be surprised by the situations they find themselves in should you switch back to check up on them," says Game Informer.
    • Big advances to lighting and shader model. Greater draw distance.
    • Improved vehicle handling and physics - "The cars hold to the ground better... It feels more like a racing game," Houser says.
    • More vehicles than in any GTA to date, including BMXs, mountain bikes, road bikes, dirt bikes, cars, trucks, helicopters, planes, ATVs and Jet Skis, but vehicle manufacturers are still fictional.
    • Fighter jets appear to be in. One screenshot shows a fighter equipped with missiles, as a helicopter explodes in the background.
    • Improved shooting and melee combat. Melee combat "never going to be as big a deal as shooting," though, warns Houser.
    • Pedestrians are fully mo-capped and more interactive.
    • You can rappel down buildings, although it's not confirmed whether this is specific to certain missions.
    • Los Santos is described as a "huge and diverse city", combining the best of Red Dead Redemption's "large open expanses" with GTA IV's "densely packed urban environment".
    • Areas in the game world include beachfronts, mountains, the wilderness, a "Salton Sea" region, a military base and the suburbs.
    • GTA: San Andreas was about gang culture. GTA 5 is about capturing the "contemporary culture of LA".
    • There will be a "vibrant and fun" economy, but you won't be able to buy property.
    • A variety of different side missions and "more sophisticated" minigames, including yoga, triathlons, Jet Skiing, base-jumping, tennis and golf. There's a full golf course in the game. You can go scuba diving along the coastline of Los Santos, or go to the gym on the seafront.
    • Each character will have unique hobbies, including "one or two key minigame activities per character".
    • San Andreas' RPG-like player customization is still absent, but you can customize the clothing of each character.
    • GTA IV's romance feature has been removed.
    • Like in GTA IV, players can make friends and hang out with certain NPCs, including Michael's wife Amanda and son Jimmy, Franklin's "crazy friend" Lamar, and Trevor's mate Ron.
    • GTA IV's mobile phone returns, but a lot of its features have been altered. You can use it to access the internet.
    • Dynamic missions - hidden missions dotted around the game world. "Going off-road in the desert, you may come across two parked cars and a sea of dead bodies around them... Investigate if you want."

i didn't know there was THIS much info available from the Game ! .. thx for sharing Shaikh

thank God there's 3 playable characters ! i hated Michael when i saw the first trailer .. i still do
    signature image

well, i don't know why this reminded me of Horrible Bosses
    this is actually good, but the saddest thing is that what i prefered in the trailer is the music... the game looks good, but nothing too different from previous GTA, apart from the map that i love but it's still good, i think that i'll buy it, but only if it will be released on PC

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    ^ I must say. It looks terrible, the only reason I want it is because I miss Los Santos haha
    Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    ^ I kinda agree! It's a terrible trailer, imo!
    Gotta agree with you guys, that trailer was mediocre at best

THIS is how an open-world game trailer should look like...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

^ Yes, although IMO that trailer was too long haha
    signature image

Just 20 seconds longer than the GTA one!

Geez, your attention span is atrocious

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

^ It is :L
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    ^ I must say. It looks terrible, the only reason I want it is because I miss Los Santos haha
    I agree. Well I guess that means the game is gonna be awesome. XD
    Well I've return. At the time of my leave I was gong through stuff. Plus the forums was not exciting to me anymore. I hope it's not the same now. XD

I've not really followed the progress of the new GTA much, except having seen the first trailer. However I know I'll be buying it without a doubt.

Now,it's payday at the end of the month so it's either Hitman or Call of Duty.

^ Black Ops II really seems fun, but I would go for Hitman
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

^ same here , actually i won't even bother buying COD ... modern warfare 3 was so annoying for me !

today i wanted to Download Deus Ex from Steam and i saw this ...... im Confused xD

signature image

yeah, i also keep my fingers of COD. too many problems with it and nothing really new to offer.

wow, this looks like mini-micro bytes. steam has at times some weird display problems. dont worry about it. the game is over 8gb. get your self the dlc "missing link" (which i can recommend), which i think is over 1gb.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    THIS is how an open-world game trailer should look like...

That is the game of the year 2012 for me so far. But I wish Absolution will beat it.

Time Magazine: All-TIME 100 Video Games

Time Magazine: All-TIME 100 Video Games

Note that this is in no particular order.

• 1970s
    1. The Oregon Trail
    2. Hunt the Wumpus
    3. Pong
    4. Breakout
    5. Space Invaders
    6. Adventure
    7. Asteroids
      • 1980s
    8. Battlezone
    9. Defender
    10. Pac-Man
    11. Zork
    12. Castle Wolfenstein
    13. Centipede
    14. Donkey Kong
    15. Frogger
    16. Galaga
    17. Tempest
    18. Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord
    19. Joust
    20. Pitfall!
    21. King’s Quest
    22. Lode Runner
    23. M.U.L.E.
    24. Paperboy
    25. Tetris
    26. Super Mario Bros.
    27. Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
    28. Castlevania
    29. The Legend of Zelda
    30. Metroid
    31. OutRun
    32. Contra
    33. Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
    34. Mega Man
    35. NetHack
    36. Punch-Out!!
    37. Tecmo Bowl
    38. Prince of Persia
      • 1990s
    39. Solitaire
    40. Wing Commander
    41. Civilization
    42. Sonic the Hedgehog
    43. Street Fighter II
    44. Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty
    45. Mortal Kombat
    46. Doom
    47. Myst
    48. NBA Jam
    49. Madden NFL 95
    50. Marathon
    51. SimCity 2000
    52. Chrono Trigger
    53. Quake
    54. Resident Evil
    55. Super Mario 64
    56. Tomb Raider
    57. Final Fantasy VII
    58. Goldeneye 007
    59. Myth: The Fallen Lords
    60. Ultima Online
    61. Final Fantasy Tactics
    62. Grim Fandango
    63. Metal Gear Solid
    64. StarCraft
    65. Thief: The Dark Project
    66. EverQuest
    67. Silent Hill
      • 2000s
    68. Deus Ex
    69. Diablo II
    70. The Sims
    71. Animal Crossing
    72. Grand Theft Auto III
    73. Halo: Combat Evolved
    74. Ico
    75. Rez
    76. Counter-Strike
    77. Metroid Prime
    78. Splinter Cell
    79. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    80. Cave Story
    81. Half-Life 2
    82. Katamari Damacy
    83. World of Warcraft
    84. Guitar Hero
    85. Shadow of the Colossus
    86. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    87. Gears of War
    88. Ōkami
    89. Wii Sports
    90. BioShock
    91. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    92. Desktop Tower Defense
    93. Portal
    94. Rock Band
    95. Braid
    96. Angry Birds
    97. Demon’s Souls
    98. Flower
      • 2010s
    99. Batman: Arkham City
    100. Mass Effect 3

http://techland.time.com/2012/11/15/...0-video-games/

Not sure if this can be put here, but it it the thread of randomness.

Recently I've been having more and more TReboot dreams as I feel like the game is JUST around the freaking corner.

Last night it wasn't a demo I played but the final copy, and instead of just the moment of being dragged into the den being first person, the entire intro scavenger den was first person. It started with Lara hanging up in...like a garage, and she was like a foot above the ground, with the rope tied around her waist and her just kind of hanging there all floppy, lool. Then it went first person when I was in control, I forget what I did to get out of the rope but I remember not knowing what to do at first. Once I was out I could explore the large room with rows of shelves and crap stacked on them. I was meant to be following Sam who had just left the room. Once I got out I was in a really run-down backyard surrounded by short wire fences that blocked off the rest of the neighbourhood, I remember jumping and turning non-stop consciously because I was obsessed (and am) with steering in mid air. Then I found a little pile of tiny items in the corner of the yard, I knew they were a secret but I didn't know which one, and they were all such random items but it was kind of neat that I had to pick the one that had relevance to the situation and story in order to know that it was the real secret.

I can't remember anything beyond that though. >_>

WAIT. I ...hmm..I came to a hub at the end, and then starts another dream I had prior in the same hub (ish) and that dream was inspired by the combat demo at E3 and Kya Dark Lineage. It was beautiful pink trees with leaves everywhere, purple/ desaturated rock paths sitting waaaay up in the mountains. I couldn't tell if I was fighting wolven or scavengers but they were both similar to me anyways. There were huts and waterwheels.

Ma Gawd TRAYDUR dreams.

Frequent dreams about TR9? Wow, you've got it bad.

I bet that at the end of Feb you will be all like...

The funny thing is I kind of did that as a kid, I would go to the store before the release date and check for the game in case they got it early, but I was never successful. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Frequent dreams about TR9? Wow, you've got it bad.

I bet that at the end of Feb you will be all like...

I'm so gonna be like this

Yeah the GTA V trailer should've been like SD one.
    Well I've return. At the time of my leave I was gong through stuff. Plus the forums was not exciting to me anymore. I hope it's not the same now. XD

this episode was funny how cartman was waiting like 2 month for the wii.
    maybe i should do the same as well or better; sleep one day before release date in front of the store.
    signature image

Hey all, I hope all is well with everyone. Just wanted to say a quick hello as I haven't been here in like two months.

later!!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    this episode was funny how cartman was waiting like 2 month for the wii.
    maybe i should do the same as well or better; sleep one day before release date in front of the store.
    If you're First in Line, promise me that you'll record yourself saying to this to the cashier when go to buy it:

Given the name of this thread, I though I'd share this piece of random information with you guys:

The of my live and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary

well, AC3 will come out soon for the pc. maybe i will do that. just hope they have seen this episode of futurama

congrats driber to you and your lovely lara
    oh wait, you mean a real person. congrats to that as well
    signature image

HA. I do love Lara, but she's got nothing on her

Page 411 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511911 ... LastLast