Page 1084 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 8458498410341074108010811082108310841085 LastLast
Results 27,076 to 27,100 of 27124

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    What's everyone been up to lately, been quiet here
    Patiently waiting for the Season 5 premiere of The 100.
    They've been slowly releasing content which is keeping me alive.

Also, loitering in the Shadow section because of the weekly puzzle.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Here's another sad state of gaming affairs: Metal Gear Survive, the game that nobody asked for (meanwhile, that MGS3 remake that fans actually wanted was made into a pachinko) is now charging $10 for friggin' character save slots.
    While technically sound, MGSurvive is incredibly boring and - as you've said - employs consumer hostile tactics. The demo was highly disappointing.
    They've killed Metal Gear, while its creator is off enjoying hype-stirring elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    What's everyone been up to lately, been quiet here
    Work sent me to Singapore for a meetup, it was awesome. What a great place.

My friends just bought me a PS4 pro, so I've been playing a lot of different games (free MMOs and my older games) to see the difference. It's pretty nice, especially with the SSD I put in there.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    While technically sound, MGSurvive is incredibly boring and - as you've said - employs consumer hostile tactics. The demo was highly disappointing.
    They've killed Metal Gear, while its creator is off enjoying hype-stirring elsewhere.
    I've been hoping for remakes of Metal Gear 1 & 2 (and seeing a rookie Snake fighting a hardened Big Boss in 3D and on the Fox Engine would no doubt be a profitable venture), but then again, this is Konami we're talking about. Remember that awesome, terrifying P.T. demo that got everybody hyped for the next SH game from Kojima (gaming mastermind), Del Toro (horror mastermind) and Junji Ito (famed horror manga writer) starring Norman f'ing Reedus? They cancelled it and "gave" us this instead:

And they wasted the MGS3 remake on a pachinko for this:

Though they did just announce a new 2D Castlevania, so I should be excited, right? Oh wait, it's for iPhones.

So... yeah, not getting my hopes up (who can blame me at this point?).

On a side note, I just saw Avengers: Infinity War. That movie was effing amazing. I'm here to tell you now: it lives up to the hype. It's mind-blowing in every facet. I haven't been this blown away by a CBM since TDK.
    signature image

Anyways, with this forum (still) being dead as a doornail, I went and saw Deadpool 2 last night. all's I can say is, wow. Movie sequels have a nefarious track record of not being as good as the original, but this movie is actually on par with or, dare I say better than the original in many ways. This movie actually made me feel emotionally invested in the characters with Wade having a true motivation for doing what he does, something that was sorely lacking from the original. Throw in jokes and action scenes that were even more hilariously over-the-top than the original, and you're in for a real treat.

PS, I generally don't like rap, but I don't mind hearing X Gon Give It To Ya.
    signature image

^I haven't watched Deadpool 2 yet, but I'm glad to hear it holds up to the original. I had a BLAST watching the first Deadpool movie. Ryan Reynolds was born for this role!
    signature image

Meagan Marie's "20 Years of Tomb Raider" book is currently $9 at EBGames. Buy dis if you do not have dis.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    But now... now... I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK, *ES!!
    Good to have you back, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Work sent me to Singapore for a meetup, it was awesome. What a great place.
    Cool, got any snaps?

Anyways, with this forum (still) being dead as a doornail, I went and saw Deadpool 2 last night. all's I can say is, wow. Movie sequels have a nefarious track record of not being as good as the original, but this movie is actually on par with or, dare I say better than the original in many ways. This movie actually made me feel emotionally invested in the characters with Wade having a true motivation for doing what he does, something that was sorely lacking from the original. Throw in jokes and action scenes that were even more hilariously over-the-top than the original, and you're in for a real treat.
    My GF and I saw Deadpool 2 last night as well. Good film. I'm not really into superhero movies but I quite liked the first one, and this sequel definitely holds up.

I have to disagree with character emotional investedness (totes a word) though because I actually like the emotional story in the first film much better. The scenes in DP2 between DP and his girl were kinda meh; it felt tacked-on just to give DP a "purpose". The emotional scenes between them were much more gripping and interesting in the first film.

Oh and the fire kid character was annoying. Didn't like his character AT ALL. Didn't care if he lived or died or spent the rest of his life in that mutant prison picking up soap bars. And his supposed English accent sounded fake as hell. *cough* like Camilla's *cough* Oh no I didn't

The humor, however was excellent. We had quite the amount of chuckles and even some laughing out loud's together with the rest of the cinema.

"Number 2 - which Sharknado are we on?" ZING!

Also quite liked DP's constant jab war with the lesbian girl. It makes for a fun adversarial dynamic, heh. It even made some of the SJW themes bearable

Deffo, X was great to hear in the cinema. Also had a chuckle at the dubstep jokes

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Seeing all these SJW crybullies celebrating TotalBiscuit's tragic death absolutely drove my blood pressure through the ing roof. The guy just died of cancer and here these "tolerant" pieces of are dancing on his grave for the oh so terrible crime of disagreeing with them! I literally saw a series of Tweets comparing his death to Hitler FFS.

Leave it to psychotic SJWs to compare a man who murdered millions and millions of people to a guy who made jokes on the internet. Then again, I'd expect no less from the same pieces of who tried to get a girl to kill herself over ing drawings (that she apologized for, anyway, even though she did absolutely nothing wrong).

Speaking of which, an ex-BioWare developer (David Crooks) also got what he deserved for rejoicing in his death:

He deleted his Twitter account not long after the disgusting Tweets went up. Gee, I wonder why?

R.I.P. TotalBiscuit.
    signature image

Sooo... the mini SNES has just hit the stores. Anyone here planning on buying one of them?

It comes with 21 games:

1. Contra III: The Alien Wars
    2. Donkey Kong Country
    3. EarthBound
    4. Final Fantasy III
    5. F-ZERO
    6. Kirby Super Star
    7. Kirby’s Dream Course
    8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    9. Mega Man X
    10. Secret of Mana
    11. Star Fox
    12. Star Fox 2
    13. Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
    14. Super Castlevania IV
    15. Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
    16. Super Mario Kart
    17. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    18. Super Mario World
    19. Super Metroid
    20. Super Punch-Out!!
    21. Yoshi’s Island

... these "tolerant" pieces of are dancing on his grave ...
    ... I'd expect no less from the same pieces of who tried ...
    KMan, please tone it down. I get your anger but you need to keep it civil here.

Oh look another antifa supporter calling for the death of their political opposition, what a shocker.

Never seizes to amaze me that these people have zero self awareness, calling themselves "against" fascism all the while openly and proudly promoting fascism.

Gee I wonder why antifa is being categorized as a terrorism group by the government

Speaking of which, an ex-BioWare developer (David Crooks) also got what he deserved for rejoicing in his death:

He deleted his Twitter account not long after the disgusting Tweets went up. Gee, I wonder why?

R.I.P. TotalBiscuit.
    Wow. Absolutely appalling. That dude clearly had a huge chip on his shoulder for having his game criticized by totalbuscuit. I guess this is what you get when you hire man-children to work in the game industry.

Good that he took his social media down. He's obviously not mature enough to handle himself professionally.

It also looks like Bioware fired him. Can't say I'm sad about that. Hopefully he'll use his new found free time to sort out his clearly disturbed life, and grow up.

RTU made a video about this guy as well.

Heads up, everyone - we'll be moving the Humble Abode to the new Shadow section, as per usual with a new game.

-----

Speaking of outrage culture in the gaming industry, here's finally a bit of good news

I bet the SJW's must be fuming

I thoroughly enjoyed Deadpool 2, in every regard delivered on the satirical and self aware humor, along with the violent comedy. Sound track was really on point too, always keeping the mood going in the action and comedy scenes. Also.... absolutely THE BEST post credit easter eggs EVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Heads up, everyone - we'll be moving the Humble Abode to the new Shadow section, as per usual with a new game.

-----

Speaking of outrage culture in the gaming industry, here's finally a bit of good news

I bet the SJW's must be fuming
    Yeah, this development has me all tickled, and I seriously do applaud Valve's move on this, it's the ideal pro-consumer and pro-developer policy that endorses creative freedom hand in hand with consumer choice. And you are on point with the SJW outcry, you should see even half of the virtue signalling on Twitter, lol.

And how quick these Twitter "crusaders" are to immediately equate this decision with Valve eagerly "wanting to profit from sexism, racism, homophobia, and all manner of bigotry." I mean this very same policy allows developers to make games with what ever gender politics message they want, that the Twitter Infantry can rally around and proclaim their social advancement. But that's hardly good enough for them, not what matters to them at all. Nooooooo, they can't accept games with imagery and themes not conforming to their ideals also being available. It's not enough for them to have their message, they need to silence contrary messages, almost an admission that they're aware they can only push their message by not having any competition.

It is just hilarious to see them confronted with the realization that they don't have the power they liked to believe they wielded in every medium, having subdued so many comics and games publishers, here we have at least one platform that isn't quick to capitulate to their selfish and narrow sighted demands. And I'm not even gonna hide it; the SJW tears are so, so, sooooooo DELICIOUS. Seeing them feel impotent at having their privilege nullified in this avenue... is immensely satisfying!

I may even pick up a few Waifu games, not gonna actually play them, but just to show a support of creative freedom, and especially knowing that more sales to these games will give the SJW more hives to scratch.
    signature image

I'm glad they are changing their policies and there will be no more censorship. On the other hand I wish they still did some amount of curating, not theme I mean but game quality wise. It's really becoming harder and harder to sift through the large amount of that is put out, basically everyone's first game is allowed now, not sure if that's really a good thing.

I may even pick up a few Waifu games, not gonna actually play them, but just to show a support of creative freedom, and especially knowing that more sales to these games will give the SJW more hives to scratch.
    ha, enjoy seeing Waifu games for ever in your recommendations then

The Last of Us Part II – E3 2018 Gameplay Reveal Trailer | PS4

!!!!!!!!!!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    The Last of Us Part II – E3 2018 Gameplay Reveal Trailer | PS4

!!!!!!!!!!!
    looks like we take control over elli. but damn, is this brutal but thrilling. this will be a day 1 for me.
    signature image

^Loved TLoU PII trailer, I'm also glad we finally got to see gameplay from Death Stranding, even just mere glimpses and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Sucks we didn't get an update on FF7 remake or an official reveal for the Avengers game from CD (we don't even know what the damn plot is yet, let alone have any glimpses of gameplay), but two games I've been looking forward to were shown off:

Boy was I pumped for the second one:

I was like "F yeah!" during REmake 2's reveal. Love the redesigns for Leon, Claire and Sherry, good to know they actually look like the characters they're representing, unlike RE7's version of Chris. I take it they used actors that more closely resemble their original counterparts this time around (since it clearly uses the RE Engine of RE7)?

I swear, they better not have f'ed up Ada, that's obviously her in the trench coat.
    signature image

I thoroughly enjoyed Deadpool 2, in every regard delivered on the satirical and self aware humor, along with the violent comedy. Sound track was really on point too, always keeping the mood going in the action and comedy scenes. Also.... absolutely THE BEST post credit easter eggs EVER!!
    I sat through the entire ending credits but didn't notice any. Actually the whole theater stayed around (which was quite unusual) and I didn't get the impression they noticed anything either.

What were the easter eggs?

Yeah, this development has me all tickled, and I seriously do applaud Valve's move on this, it's the ideal pro-consumer and pro-developer policy that endorses creative freedom hand in hand with consumer choice. And you are on point with the SJW outcry, you should see even half of the virtue signalling on Twitter, lol.
    Heh. Got some good ones? I could do with a laugh

And how quick these Twitter "crusaders" are to immediately equate this decision with Valve eagerly "wanting to profit from sexism, racism, homophobia, and all manner of bigotry." I mean this very same policy allows developers to make games with what ever gender politics message they want, that the Twitter Infantry can rally around and proclaim their social advancement. But that's hardly good enough for them, not what matters to them at all. Nooooooo, they can't accept games with imagery and themes not conforming to their ideals also being available. It's not enough for them to have their message, they need to silence contrary messages, almost an admission that they're aware they can only push their message by not having any competition.
    Absolutely. Every bit of mud the professional outrage mob slings out there can be so easily refuted it's not even funny. A 10 year old can do it.

The only way their silly antics can ever work is by making people feel ashamed. And oh boy have their tactics been back firing on them lately, on a massive scale. Hordes of people are finally starting to wake up. Have you heard about the recent Kanye West and Elon Musk controversies? Together with PewDiePie these three giants are now red-pilling MILLIONS of normies thanks to the SJW's trying to take them down. It's beautiful

Absolutely. Every bit of mud the professional outrage mob slings out there can be so easily refuted it's not even funny. A 10 year old can do it.

The only way their silly antics can ever work is by making people feel ashamed. And oh boy have their tactics been back firing on them lately, on a massive scale. Hordes of people are finally starting to wake up. Have you heard about the recent Kanye West and Elon Musk controversies? Together with PewDiePie these three giants are now red-pilling MILLIONS of normies thanks to the SJW's trying to take them down. It's beautiful

While we're on the subject of SJWs, last year Marvel came out with a bunch of comic series' with obvious agendas shoehorned in after hiring a slew of SJW writers. They consist of: turning Iceman gay for "muh inclusivity", giving Hawkeye a sex change, giving us a Latina Lesbian character who "doesn't need a man" and literally making that the focal point of her character (America Chavez), turning Thor into a woman who literally breaks people's jaw for criticizing feminism, turning Captain America (a symbol of patriotism) into a Nazi and literally making Captain Marvel look like a man and removing all her curves and long hair just to take out the "male gaze" (Carol Manvers).

I kid you not:

Before:

After:

As you might've guessed, it blew up in their face and every single one of these Marvel SJW comics flopped and were cancelled afterwards, and I do mean all of them. Shocking. All the SJW writers of these comics were fired as well IIRC, good riddance.

Funny how they wanna cry now when Valve doesn't cave in to their holier-than-thou "muh patriarchy" ideology, but they don't buy the , anyway even when they do get their way.

SJWs are toxic as hell. These are the same cretins who bombarded Will and Kate in rage Tweets demanding that they let let their new baby choose his gender simply because they gave birth to a boy:

Last edited by KManX89; 28th Jun 2018 at 00:04.
    signature image

Has anyone seen what they've done with She Ra, for the reboot?

https://m.imgur.com/7tWBPRr

Oh dear...

Sorry to bring this up again, Driber, but do we have a reason why the last comp never came to anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post

Oh dear...
    Big breasts are very problematic. They offend women without.

Sorry to bring this up again, Driber, but do we have a reason why the last comp never came to anything?
    No need to apologize, Rai. If anyone should, it's me, for not giving a reason sooner.

Basically, the prizes couldn't be secured. So it didn't feel right to proceed and choose winners without being able to award them properly.

The reason why it wasn't cancelled and remains in this weird limbo state is because I'm still somewhat hopeful.

Oh dear...
    What have they done to She-Ra?!! She looks like a boy...

I'll honestly never understand this... It's like when some women criticize Classic Lara's appearance because it apparently sets unrealistic body expectations for young girls, which leads to all sorts of body issues - well, I've been playing TR since I was 8 and it never crossed my mind that I would ever look like Lara... maybe because I know the difference between fiction and real life...

I mean, I think it's great to see more body types represented, but to actually go and change a character's design just to be more PC - I find that more offensive than the actual original design. It's like it's a crime to be feminine, that to be badass you have to be like the guys... that!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    What have they done to She-Ra?!! She looks like a boy...

I'll honestly never understand this... It's like when some women criticize Classic Lara's appearance because it apparently sets unrealistic body expectations for young girls, which leads to all sorts of body issues - well, I've been playing TR since I was 8 and it never crossed my mind that I would ever look like Lara... maybe because I know the difference between fiction and real life...

I mean, I think it's great to see more body types represented, but to actually go and change a character's design just to be more PC - I find that more offensive than the actual original design. It's like it's a crime to be feminine, that to be badass you have to be like the guys... that!
    Absolutely agree with all you just said.

Indeed it is not only offensive to retcon an established character to fit in with modern snowflake sensibilities, but it is also incredibly ironic that in their pursuit of making things less "sexist" (in quotes because there is nothing sexist about curves) they are actually introducing sexism into their characters.

I mean, we never see male characters being toned down with less muscles because "poor young boys will feel bad about their own bodies". It's like they subconsciously admit to themselves that women are weaker than men, all the while parroting the mantra that there are "no differences" between the two genders.

Indeed by doing this retconning they are signalling that female characters are more relatable the more masculine they are. Which we all know is absolute hogwash.

It's all really bizarre that these otherwise smart people allow themselves to be brainwashed with this anti-men (and anti-women) feminist propaganda.

I was thinking about the overall design, how simple it looks, but also how she now looks like a young boy facially too. Although apparently She-Ra was supposed to be 16. But please don't place the blame on smaller breasted women when it comes to apparently bigger breasts being offensive. I never found She-Ra or Lara offensive, I was happy to see these great female characters. I don't know what reasons there are for this design choice, it could be due to her breasts or more, I just know I dislike it and prefer the original.

No need to apologize, Rai. If anyone should, it's me, for not giving a reason sooner.

Basically, the prizes couldn't be secured. So it didn't feel right to proceed and choose winners without being able to award them properly.

The reason why it wasn't cancelled and remains in this weird limbo state is because I'm still somewhat hopeful.
    Thanks for the explanation. I understand. And I too am ever hopeful .

I was thinking about the overall design, how simple it looks, but also how she now looks like a young boy facially too.
    Indeed it is not only the breasts. They are just the most obvious and biggest (pun intended) change; it's the first thing you notice in those juxtaposed images. It's also the removal of her make-up, the adding of boxer shorts under her skirt, etc. As Marta said, it's like femininity is a crime to these people. It's sad, really.

But please don't place the blame on smaller breasted women when it comes to apparently bigger breasts being offensive. I never found She-Ra or Lara offensive, I was happy to see these great female characters.
    I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't blaming anyone other than those who do get offended by big breasts and those who do constantly demand these ridiculous and puritanical changes to characters and stripping them of their sex appeal. In short, the SJW crowd.

You aren't one of them, Rai, I know that

I don't know what reasons there are for this design choice, it could be due to her breasts or more, I just know I dislike it and prefer the original.
    After seeing this pattern for years and years I'm pretty sure I know the reason

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't blaming anyone other than those who do get offended by big breasts and those who do constantly demand these ridiculous and puritanical changes to characters and stripping them of their sex appeal. In short, the SJW crowd.
    Speaking of big breasts and censorship, guess who's gone back to coddling SJWs after all the backlash from their earlier "endaveurs"?

Yup, you guessed it:

But that's not all! Yohei Shimbori, the director of DOA6, said he's made the girl's breasts smaller to make them appear "more human". Yup, you read that right, implying that big-breasted women aren't human, so coming across as sexist while caving to puritanical neanderthals all in the name of fighting sexism.

As if you didn't already ruffle enough feathers by alienating your core audience for people who were never gonna buy your game in the first place, just ask Marvel's comics division how spitting in the face of long-time fans to appeal to SJWs worked out for them (SPOILER: it didn't).

Various Twitter users have actually took the time to poke fun at this:

Keep digging with that shovel.

You know who still has fan service, though, 4 games later?

Bandai-Namco be like:

from all the DoA fans jumping ship to Soul Calibur 6.
    Last edited by KManX89; 20th Jul 2018 at 00:09.
    signature image

I sat through the entire ending credits but didn't notice any. Actually the whole theater stayed around (which was quite unusual) and I didn't get the impression they noticed anything either.

What were the easter eggs?
    Seriously?? You didn't see these while the credits were rolling?

.....and literally making Captain Marvel look like a man and removing all her curves and long hair just to take out the "male gaze" (Carol Manvers).
    Short hair itself really has nothing to do with how "masculine or un-girly" a woman looks. Plenty of women sport short do's and can still look sexy as hell. It's all about the feminine features of the face; cheekbone, jawline, soft lines and such. You can even say that shorter hair brings out those features even more. Just look at some of these other art samples.

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Yeah, this really makes me sad. It's not Thundercats Roar level of terribad (which itself made me RAGE!!!), but still very much major disappointment. And geezus, I saw this and thought it could be 14 year old THOR!!! Those arms, the legs, the overall body proportions.... I mean her shoulders are wider than her hips! Something I noticed in the first reveal image is the mane of hair framed behind the character doesn't even look like it's actually part of this new She-Ra. It's not coming from or part of the head. More like the drawing is first done with this really short crop and then that mane is added afterwards, as if the artist forgot she was drawing a woman and had to do a post edit correction.

I even did my own photoshop edit removing the back hair and.... just looking at what's left, what do you get? WHAT DO YOU GET? Even if you Ignored the body and just cropped in to focus on the face, THE FACE ALONE STILL DOESN'T LOOK FEMALE.

(click image to enlarge)

They try to argue, "well this is a younger Adora/She-Ra, so she isn't going to be so curvy... sexy, busty, etc..." The **BLEEP** are we talking about here? A 6 year old child? Even with smaller chests, teens already differentiate between boys and girls.

Later on I saw this drawing someone posted; their own fanart based on the new design. I am blown away, this artist demonstrates great technique (obviously higher level for still over animation) and even with the downplayed sensuality... there is NO mistaking that this is a woman.

(click image to enlarge)

Of course when I actually commented how this version of the redesign actually looks like a woman.... oh did the SJW Squad come tearing away at me. I just chuckled and let them vent

It seems like all cartoons of the 80's are being violated to conform to the "New Order" doctrine that "beauty is offensive". Never even mind that there's nothing wrong with sexuality in characters (Which She-Ra is NOT) when the Femme Fatale and the Seductress are just two of many archetypes of female characters throughout literary history, so it's not like having some sexy characters "represents all women".... because this isn't a matter of sexualization. It's the SJW agenda to demonize beauty according to their warped perceptions of attractiveness. They project their insecurities and conflate sexualized with idealized, and in their fervor entirely miss what female characters like She-Ra and so many others had REALLY been about - they weren't made to be fantasized about, they were made as beautiful AND powerful role models that girls could look up to.

The old message was, "Being beautiful doesn't mean being weak, a girl can be pretty and strong at the same time." This was a theme that celebrated femininity as a strength. Today it's a contradictory message more like, "For a woman to be strong and powerful... she has to be less of a woman and more like a man."

And they really don't see how this undermines the cause for "female empowerment." This is what's tragically ironic about what feminism has become (3rd wave to be specific), that it's so adverse to femininity.
    Last edited by AdobeArtist; 22nd Jul 2018 at 06:32.
    signature image

Page 1084 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 8458498410341074108010811082108310841085 LastLast