Page 1083 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 83583983103310731079108010811082108310841085 LastLast
Results 27,051 to 27,075 of 27122

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

  1. #27051
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,400
    Happy New Year Everyone!

    signature image

  2. #27052
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,770
    Same to you dark7angel, and everyone here!
    signature image

  3. #27053
    Happy New Year!!!!!
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

  4. #27054
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,047

  5. #27055
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,047
    I have been picking up programming in the Unity engine lately again but since you need 3D props and assets I also started following an online modelling course for Blender, these are my main "achievements" so far, having no modeling or art background or skill beforehand. After about a month of toying around

    https://imgur.com/a/UlWTP

    The knight (horse) is missing from the chess pieces as that is still too hard at the moment

    This is just done by the most basics of modeling mainly using the basic primitives, upping the poly count and extruding/smoothing.
    Last edited by Mike_B; 13th Jan 2018 at 04:49.

  6. #27056
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,768
    New Tomb Raider movie trailer has dropped. I'm liking the look of it.

    signature image

  7. #27057
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Happy new year everyone


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    It's patching time! https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...oing-about-it/ also update your GPU drivers (if your Nvdidia) as they contain some mitigation fixes too, and your browser and BIOS/UEFI.

    Been hearing a lot about this lately. What a mess.


    And how scummy was it that the Intel CEO already knew about this massive flaw back in the summer but didn't tell anyone while quickly dumping his company stock.


    I'm currently trying to install the patch for Windows 10 but I'm having difficulty as I'm not running the latest version of the OS.


    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    ...with the direction it took the series in moving forward...
    Why does everyone seem to be talking like a business CEO type these days.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  8. #27058
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    And how scummy was it that the Intel CEO already knew about this massive flaw back in the summer but didn't tell anyone
    This part is fine - keep it secret until you can patch it otherwise you're showing the bad guys an unlocked door.
    while quickly dumping his company stock.
    This was allegedly pre-set to be sold on a certain date, but I agree it looks very shady. He should be summarily investigated.
    I'm currently trying to install the patch for Windows 10 but I'm having difficulty as I'm not running the latest version of the OS.
    Apparently 10 won't let you patch it unless your anti-virus apps are updated with a registry entry too.
    signature image

  9. #27059
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    This part is fine - keep it secret until you can patch it otherwise you're showing the bad guys an unlocked door.

    This was allegedly pre-set to be sold on a certain date, but I agree it looks very shady. He should be summarily investigated.
    Yeah I agree with keeping it a secret it was certainly warranted. And the share sale should be investigated as it still looks at the very least strange.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Apparently 10 won't let you patch it unless your anti-virus apps are updated with a registry entry too.
    Yeah that's correct, some anti virus programs were doing things they shouldn't be doing which caused blue screens so MS forced them to set a registry key when they complied by the documentation/guidelines and prevent the patching until then.

    However it shouldn't be necessary to have the big latest windows 10 update installed (the fall creators one) I haven't installed that one yet on my main desktop and the windows 10 security updates installed fine.

    Because of how serious this appears to be it is also required to update the BIOS but this is causing problems so I'd hold of on that for now.

  10. #27060
    In light of this place (still) being dead, I just got a call from GameStop letting me know that my copy of Monster Hunter: World will be ready for early pickup tomorrow @ 9 PM!

    This game looks and I've heard is amazing. Famitsu gave it a 39/40 in one of the only early reviews made available (it got embargoed), calling it one of, if not the best game in the iconic series. I've heard nothing but ecstatic praise from those who've played the Beta (which I unfortunately haven't). I have a feeling those who enjoyed FFXV (there's bound to be some of you in here) or JRPGs in general will wind up digging this game.

    So amped to play this. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough!

    signature image

  11. #27061
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    This part is fine - keep it secret until you can patch it otherwise you're showing the bad guys an unlocked door.
    They sat on the secret for half a year without patching anything. They only patched things after they were forced to because Google went public with the information. That hardly seems fine to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    This was allegedly pre-set to be sold on a certain date
    I don't buy that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Apparently 10 won't let you patch it unless your anti-virus apps are updated with a registry entry too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    However it shouldn't be necessary to have the big latest windows 10 update installed (the fall creators one) I haven't installed that one yet on my main desktop and the windows 10 security updates installed fine.
    I'm afraid it's not as simple as an anti virus update. At least 2 versions of Win 10 simply aren't supported with patches for Meltdown at all. I'm running one of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Because of how serious this appears to be it is also required to update the BIOS but this is causing problems so I'd hold of on that for now.
    No kidding, I downloaded the latest firmware update for my MB and was getting ready to flash and then I heard that these bios updates are BRICKING computers, making them completely unbootable.

    What a hot mess.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  12. #27062
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    They sat on the secret for half a year without patching anything. They only patched things after they were forced to because Google went public with the information. That hardly seems fine to me.
    I don't think that's completely correct. Yes they didn't publicly disclose this for half a year. But they did work with hardware and software vendors before it went public. There were already patches being applied to the linux Kernel and my Dell laptop already got a firmware fix in december as well (albeit it without being specified what the fixes where for.)

    Part of the reason it came out earlier was because people started asking questions why the likes of Amazon and MS proposed patches that could have a large impact on cloud performance when that is their core business.


    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    At least 2 versions of Win 10 simply aren't supported with patches for Meltdown at all. I'm running one of them.
    Oh, didn't know that, that's crappy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    No kidding, I downloaded the latest firmware update for my MB and was getting ready to flash and then I heard that these bios updates are BRICKING computers, making them completely unbootable.

    What a hot mess.
    I thought they got caught in a reboot loop or something? Anyway I was in the same situation, I saw that there was a BIOS released, but waited a week just to be sure and saw that on the MB page the BIOS was pulled, and then read why. Agree that this is a mess and we haven't seen the end of it.

    In other news I had some of my models printed

    http://michielb.net/other/Blender_Re.../3d-prints.png
    Last edited by Mike_B; 14th Feb 2018 at 07:55.

  13. #27063
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    1,580
    Hey guys. Is anybody here coming to Nathan McCree's London party in April?

  14. #27064
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,047

  15. #27065
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    ^ That looks pretty sweet, mate.

    ---

    Happy birthday, Lara

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  16. #27066
    So it looks like my real account is locked out for some bizarre reason. This is AdobeArtist, the real guy. I saw there were some technical issues in Nov, that I couldn't go through the login process. I saw things were working again in Dec, and I meant to drop in and get caught up.

    But now when I try to go through the Square Enix login screen, I enter my password, tried resetting it TWICE already. And even when I get the confirmations screens for my new password, and the email that is sent to that account, when I try logging in, I still get a message telling me before I can continue I have to confirm my account. I enter the email address (same one I received my instructions for resetting password) and it tells me the email is already confirmed. And then I'm back to trying to login with my ID and updated password, and AGAIN told to confirm my account... for an account that's already confirmed.

    The only help link for access issues is to reset the password, which I already did TWICE, and that means SE already has my email address so it makes no sense that I have to "confirm" what's already confirmed. I can't find a means to get tech support for my account and am at my ropes end here and just about ready to do a Jihad on the SE offices!!!!!

    Driber, you can send a message to my rogers address and I can verify that I am the AdobeArtist you all know here.

  17. #27067
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    Does anyone know how I can get the editing icons to appear? I have to add everything manually

  18. #27068
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtistGhost View Post
    So it looks like my real account is locked out for some bizarre reason. This is AdobeArtist, the real guy. I saw there were some technical issues in Nov, that I couldn't go through the login process. I saw things were working again in Dec, and I meant to drop in and get caught up.

    But now when I try to go through the Square Enix login screen, I enter my password, tried resetting it TWICE already. And even when I get the confirmations screens for my new password, and the email that is sent to that account, when I try logging in, I still get a message telling me before I can continue I have to confirm my account. I enter the email address (same one I received my instructions for resetting password) and it tells me the email is already confirmed. And then I'm back to trying to login with my ID and updated password, and AGAIN told to confirm my account... for an account that's already confirmed.

    The only help link for access issues is to reset the password, which I already did TWICE, and that means SE already has my email address so it makes no sense that I have to "confirm" what's already confirmed. I can't find a means to get tech support for my account and am at my ropes end here and just about ready to do a Jihad on the SE offices!!!!!

    Driber, you can send a message to my rogers address and I can verify that I am the AdobeArtist you all know here.
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in. I received your email and we'll get it sorted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Does anyone know how I can get the editing icons to appear? I have to add everything manually
    I've been experiencing the same issue. We're looking into it.

  19. #27069
    The editing icon issue is now resolved

  20. #27070
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    So it is, thankyou!

  21. #27071
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,400
    Just dropping by to wish Lara a Happy Birthday and everyone else a Happy Saint Valentine's Day - the patron saint of romance, beekeepers, plague and epilepsy.
    signature image

  22. #27072
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, UK
    Posts
    6,475
    Quote Originally Posted by phorvath View Post
    resolved
    *conspiracy mode on*

    WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?
    signature image

  23. #27073
    Here's another sad state of gaming affairs: Metal Gear Survive, the game that nobody asked for (meanwhile, that MGS3 remake that fans actually wanted was made into a pachinko) is now charging $10 for friggin' character save slots.



    In other words, if you beat the game and want to give it another go (though I don't know why you would TBH), you better be ready to shell out an extra $10. For.A.Standard.Gaming.Feature.

    Jesus F'ing Christ Konami, do you not want our money? They're literally doing everything in their power to ensure this game flops, first making it always-online for single-player with microtransactions and now this? What next? They start charging you a flat fee to change your control setup? Throw more fuel on the loot box fire with legislators actively trying to ban them in games (which they would be violating state laws if the second wave of Hawaii bills passes, and I hope like hell they BOTH pass)?

    That's exactly what they'll end up doing, just you wait! After all, it's their main source of income now.
    signature image

  24. #27074
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,047
    What's everyone been up to lately, been quiet here

    I've been continuing modeling in Blender and now picked up programming again and am combining the two in the Unity game engine, with this small tech demo/prototype as result so far which is my entry for a chess inspired game jam



    [edit]
    Updated version:
    https://youtu.be/fjWIPrM7jf4
    Last edited by Mike_B; 19th Apr 2018 at 04:40.

  25. #27075
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    What's everyone been up to lately, been quiet here
    I was going through login hell since early Jan. There was some site wide issue around Nov with the forums pages not loading. But then in Jan I decided to check to see if the forums were back up, only to find I couldn't login. At first I thought it was a password issue, which I had reset 4 times.

    But what was really blocking me was after entering my ID and password, I would have a message at the top of the screen telling me I needed to verify my account and clicking a button to re-send a confirmation code. Except when I did, the next message states that my e-mail/account is already confirmed. So I try logging in again, told again to verify my account... which is already verified. Rinse and repeat. Weird thing is, the very fact that my password resets went to the very same email I was trying to verify also attests to my status.

    And this is the loop I was stuck in for over 3 months, while jumping through hoops with customer support as to why my account is both verified and unverified at the same time. Then just 2 days ago hearing that matter should be resolved (hearing this from Driber over email) trying again, I do get past the login, no messages asking me to verify and resend confirmation code.... only to be greeted with an error screen; 505 page not found. That Driber tells me affected a few other people, including himself.

    But now... now... I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK, *ES!!
    signature image

Page 1083 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 83583983103310731079108010811082108310841085 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •