Page 1001 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 50190195199199799899910001001100210031004100510111051 ... LastLast
Results 25,001 to 25,025 of 27122

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

  1. #25001
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Having zombies gnawing away on your skull is sure to give you brain damage, yeah!

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  2. #25002
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    for them, it sure is.

    classic game. i miss the original cheesy and poor voice acting. hearing barry in the remake sounding so serious just isnt the same. miss is famous: "jillsandwich" and "I HAVE THIS!". all not included in the remake.

    good thing this was done right in revelations 2.
    signature image

  3. #25003
    You want sources? Fine.

    Exhibit A

    Around the country there are plenty of cases of underage boys who got a woman pregnant and then tried to avoid paying child support. The 15-year-old in California who was seduced by the 34-year-old mom next door. The 13-year-old boy in Kansas who had sex with his 17-year-old baby*sitter. The 15-year-old boy in Florida who impregnated a 20-year-old.

    Under a strict interpretation of the law, these boys, by virtue of their age, were raped. But family courts have seen these incidents for what they were: consensual sexual encounters. And as a result, they have ordered the boys to pay child support.
    Exhibit B

    As soon as county officials realized the baby's father was a minor, they filed statutory-rape charges against Jones, which resulted in a conviction but no jail time. Almost simultaneously, they sought to have the young father registered as being responsible for child support.

    After being ordered to pay by Superior Court, "Nathaniel J." and his parents appealed the decision, arguing that a child who was the victim of sexual exploitation by an adult should not be penalized for the consequences of the exploitation.

    But the appeals court disagreed.

    "Victims have rights. Here, the victim also has responsibilities," said the opinion, written by Judge Arthur Gilbert. He cited cases from other states in which minors were deemed responsible for child support if they had consented to sex with an adult.

    "We conclude he is liable for child support."
    But wait, I thought a 15 year old couldn't consent to sex with an adult? Oh, I guess they can if it's convenient for the "impartial" courts!

    Yup, a woman can rape a man/boy and still get paid apparently. While avoiding jail time to boot! AND steal sperm! USA, USA, USA! Oh, but men can face jail time for not paying for kids that aren't theirs apparently!

    BTW, may I ask HTF is a 15 year old boy gonna be able to afford a kid? And why should he have to pay for it when she f'ing raped him and got herself pregnant in the process? Same with a grown man who (somehow) gets raped by a woman (and yes, it does happen, believe it or not), and don't give me that "oh, you know he wanted it!" or "the relationships were consensual", either: if the shoe were on the other foot and this were a man who slept with a 15 year old girl, you know you'd be calling for his head on a platter whether she "wanted" it or not.

    Also, why do female pedophiles usually get a slap on the wrist for it while male offenders get 25-To-Life for the same thing? Again, USA, USA, USA!

    PS, no, just so I'm clear, a female rape victim shouldn't be burdened with unwanted consequences of her attack (i.e: pregnancy), but neither should a male victim (child support).
    Last edited by KManX89; 2nd Sep 2015 at 22:59.

  4. #25004
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Everyone's favorite gaming villain Anita Sarkeesian just put out another one of her 'tropes vs women' videos. And to no surprise, it's again full of ignorance, BS feminist theory, passive aggressiveness, and slandering games/games devs/gamers. She's even getting more and more misandric.

    The first responses from known feminist debunkers are starting to come in, taking Anita to task over her latest drivel:




    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  5. #25005
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    @Driber, since half of your maybe the longest post ever consists of quoting me, don't worry, I'll reply in a few days because I'm not at home and I'd like to reply properly. Let it be known that I admire your dedication to multi-quoting.

  6. #25006
    ^You're wrong BTW: adultery actually is a crime in many states, and it does kill innocent people by spreading STDs to the victimized spouses, many of which (such as AIDS) are no doubt life-threatening. And it may not be any of our business, but their *spouse* does have a right to know if their (ungrateful) husband/wife is holding up n their marriage vows they made to them.

    As for "legality means it's perfectly okay", that doesn't exactly pass any smell test, either. Weed, which has never, ever killed anyone, is illegal in most states, yet alcohol and cigarettes, which kill lots of people every single year, are both perfectly legal in all 50 states and I can get each of those at will! Logic?

  7. #25007
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I don't believe you didn't have morality in mind when you made the terrorist bombing analogy. Bombing terrorist facilities is seen as something good; something moral. You know, taking out the evil baddies. And that's the problem with the analogy - it's implying that cheaters are evil and should be exposed, and that collateral damage (the leaking of their private data, possible suicides, etc) is something that we supposedly can shrug off in the spirit of "the ends justify the means". No, they don't. Not unless we're willing as a society to make adultery an illegal act. As long as cheating is a perfectly legal thing to do, there is no justification for this crazy hate mob mentality against users of that Ashley Madison website. Someone cheating on their partner is no one's business except for the people who are actually involved.

    So no, I don't agree that the legality of cheating is a moot point. Society as a whole has no business punishing individuals who did something that isn't against the law. You can object to it all you want; you can condemn it all you want... but at the end of the day it doesn't concern you and it doesn't harm you, unlike terrorism, which harms everyone.
    In a sense, yes - you could say I was considering the morality. It's a bit difficult for me to say concisely what I mean, but I was not considering the morality from my standpoint. More that, regardless of what they were trying to achieve, the target was not the only one who was taken out. From my point of view, that takes any form of arguable "good" of their cause. They see the site and the supporting users as the "bad guys" and anyone who got caught in the crossfire is justifiable.
    Substitute terrorists for rabbit pests, and collateral damage as "native wildlife" *shrug*
    Legality and morality are not synonymous, or universal, or even sensible.

    Cheating psychologically hurts people? So does verbally abusing your partner. So does neglecting your partner. So does mocking and embarrassing your partner. So does being selfish to your partner. All reasons that lead people to cheat on the partner who have committed those "emotional crimes".
    Yes? Not everyone who cheats is on the receiving end of this...
    signature image

  8. #25008
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    wow. she releases another video full of contradictions. i actually admire her for sounding so convincing with her contradictions and that people fall for it.
    for us, thats what we really hear.
    signature image

  9. #25009
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    You want sources? Fine.

    Exhibit A



    Exhibit B



    But wait, I thought a 15 year old couldn't consent to sex with an adult? Oh, I guess they can if it's convenient for the "impartial" courts!

    Yup, a woman can rape a man/boy and still get paid apparently. While avoiding jail time to boot! AND steal sperm! USA, USA, USA! Oh, but men can face jail time for not paying for kids that aren't theirs apparently!

    BTW, may I ask HTF is a 15 year old boy gonna be able to afford a kid? And why should he have to pay for it when she f'ing raped him and got herself pregnant in the process? Same with a grown man who (somehow) gets raped by a woman (and yes, it does happen, believe it or not), and don't give me that "oh, you know he wanted it!" or "the relationships were consensual", either: if the shoe were on the other foot and this were a man who slept with a 15 year old girl, you know you'd be calling for his head on a platter whether she "wanted" it or not.

    Also, why do female pedophiles usually get a slap on the wrist for it while male offenders get 25-To-Life for the same thing? Again, USA, USA, USA!

    PS, no, just so I'm clear, a female rape victim shouldn't be burdened with unwanted consequences of her attack (i.e: pregnancy), but neither should a male victim (child support).
    It's amazing, isn't? Just turn the genders of these cases around -- "A 40 year old male teacher seduces his 15 year old female student, they have sex, she gives him aids in the process, and the man sues the 15 year old girl and she ends up paying half of his medical bills to treat his STD that he got when he raped the girl" -- no one on earth would ever think that would make sense! The man would be lynched! The judges would lose their jobs!

    Yes, feminists, sexism is indeed alive and kicking...

    Quote Originally Posted by IvanaKC View Post
    @Driber, since half of your maybe the longest post ever consists of quoting me, don't worry, I'll reply in a few days because I'm not at home and I'd like to reply properly. Let it be known that I admire your dedication to multi-quoting.
    Heh. No problemo, Ivana. As always, take your time, I'll be here

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    ^You're wrong BTW: adultery actually is a crime in many states
    Oh, well, I was talking about modern, Western countries. In most of the modern West the crime of adultery has long since been scrapped out of law, ever since the 1800's. If there are a few states in the US where it still is a crime, then that just reflects poorly on those backwards governments.

    I'm curious, though - what exactly are the punishments for adultery in those states?

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    and it does kill innocent people by spreading STDs to the victimized spouses, many of which (such as AIDS) are no doubt life-threatening.
    Ugh, you're relentless, KMan

    No matter, every time you'll bring up the STD argument I'm just gonna shoot it down, for the flawed logic it is

    STDs are no more to blame for killing people in the West than car accidents are. So following your logic, it is immoral for people to drive cars now? I think we both know the answer to that.

    When people have sex, they are expected to use precautions. Both for not getting someone unwanted pregnant and for not spreading deceases. Similarly, when people drive cars, they are expected to buckle up, have working airbags, and drive safely. Both activities (having sex and driving a car) are inherently risky activities. But just doing the activities while taking the proper precautions don't make them inherently immoral.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    And it may not be any of our business, but their *spouse* does have a right to know if their (ungrateful) husband/wife is holding up n their marriage vows they made to them.
    I agree. But that doesn't refute my point that it's not our business. It's not up to society to play marriage counsellor. The hack was immoral, irresponsible, and above all, completely hypocritical.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    As for "legality means it's perfectly okay", that doesn't exactly pass any smell test, either. Weed, which has never, ever killed anyone, is illegal in most states, yet alcohol and cigarettes, which kill lots of people every single year, are both perfectly legal in all 50 states and I can get each of those at will! Logic?
    You're twisting my words. I never claimed that just because something is legal it's perfectly okay. What I was saying was that because it is perfectly legal, it shouldn't be treated as if it is a crime.

    No, cheating is not okay and fine. But it isn't a crime (in most modern, Western countries) either. So we shouldn't lose our heads over it when doesn't concern you, personally. If your partner cheats on you and it was completely unfair and selfish of her, sure, condemn her for it. You'd have my sympathy, as I know you somewhat. If my sister's boyfriend would cheat on her, I'd feel 10x stronger. But to lose yourself in anger over random strangers cheating, when you don't even know the details? I think that's just silly.

    And yes, the crazy war on drugs in America when it comes to something as harmless as weed is stupid and illogical. Alcohol indeed kills a lot more than weed does. To have one illegal and the other legal makes no sense. Blame Nixon

    Fortunately, America is recently coming around, and is finally starting to leave the puritan age, with state after state making weed legal. I'm sure that in 20 years time, we'll look back at this crazy war on drugs the same way we're looking back at the silly decade+ long prohibition era of the early 20th century.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    In a sense, yes - you could say I was considering the morality. It's a bit difficult for me to say concisely what I mean, but I was not considering the morality from my standpoint. More that, regardless of what they were trying to achieve, the target was not the only one who was taken out. From my point of view, that takes any form of arguable "good" of their cause. They see the site and the supporting users as the "bad guys" and anyone who got caught in the crossfire is justifiable.
    Substitute terrorists for rabbit pests, and collateral damage as "native wildlife" *shrug*
    Legality and morality are not synonymous, or universal, or even sensible.
    Ah I see what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying

    Well, I seriously doubt that the people behind the hack did it for "moral" reasons. I'm sure they were either just disgruntled members, or an affected spouse of one of the members who was out for revenge against all cheaters, or a former employee of the company. So their actions are completely hypocritical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Yes? Not everyone who cheats is on the receiving end of this...
    Right, so we shouldn't be generalizing and condemning every user of Ashley Madison as some disgusting low life sinner marriage vows breaker. Some are (like the woman from the article KMan posted) and some are not. And then there are people who simply signed up to try to get laid, while being single and not attached to anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    wow. she releases another video full of contradictions. i actually admire her for sounding so convincing with her contradictions and that people fall for it.
    for us, thats what we really hear.
    Yep, she's a master manipulator alright. And many (uninformed) people buy into all her "academic" misinformation hook line and sinker.

    Haha, that clip is so fitting! Especially when you compare it directly to this:



    Kudos on making the connection to that South Park ep, Rowan. Brilliant!

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  10. #25010
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    this woman is so full of , that i had to think of this episode immediately.
    im even more amazed she hasnt killed her self when she thinks the world is like that as in that short video. but well, what people do for money and fame. i guess she loves being notorious about misleading information.
    signature image

  11. #25011
    Again, I love the statutory rape double standard:

    20 year old man sleeps with a 15 year old girl who screams "YEESS!" in the act: "Try 'em and fry 'em!"
    15 year old boy gets seduced by 34 year old mom next door: "You know he wanted it!"

    Fact is, a 15 year old, male or female, is not mature enough to be having sex yet, that's why age of consent laws exist. They may be capable of desiring it (have a sex drive), just like a 14 year old can operate a car, but that doesn't mean they're ready for it yet.

    So calling them "consensual sexual encounters" is an oxymoron and their desperately trying to justify making em pay child support on those grounds is pure nonsense: a child can't consent to sex if they were, by law, raped. Duh.

    Also, owning blacks as slavery was legal at one point as was states not issuing marriage licenses to select people simply because of who they're attracted to, more proof that legal=/=justifiable.
    Last edited by KManX89; 3rd Sep 2015 at 15:16.

  12. #25012
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    this woman is so full of , that i had to think of this episode immediately.
    im even more amazed she hasnt killed her self when she thinks the world is like that as in that short video. but well, what people do for money and fame. i guess she loves being notorious about misleading information.
    I don't even believe that Anita believes everything she spouts. I certainly don't think she's living according to the rules she is setting for others. For all we know she could be dressing up as slave princess Leia in her private life

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Again, I love the statutory rape double standard:

    20 year old man sleeps with a 15 year old girl who screams "YEESS!" in the act: "Try 'em and fry 'em!"
    15 year old boy gets seduced by 34 year old mom next door: "You know he wanted it!"
    I watched a video TJ did about a week ago regarding female on male rape, how society isn't taking it as serious as male on female rape, and how often times female on male rape is carelessly dismissed as "oh he's a man, he must've liked it".

    I recommend everyone watching this. He covers some very hard hitting cases, and makes some very strong points about the difference between a rape fantasy and actual real life rape.



    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Fact is, a 15 year old, male or female, is not mature enough to be having sex yet, that's why age of consent laws exist. They may be capable of desiring it (have a sex drive), just like a 14 year old can operate a car, but that doesn't mean they're ready for it yet.

    So calling them "consensual sexual encounters" is an oxymoron and their desperately trying to justify making em pay child support on those grounds is pure nonsense: a child can't consent to sex if they were, by law, raped. Duh.
    It's not an oxymoron if we're talking about a non-legal POV, though. Some 15 year olds are way more mature than some 18 year olds

    But I get your point and I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Also, owning blacks as slavery was legal at one point as was states not issuing marriage licenses to select people simply because of who they're attracted to, more proof that legal=/=justifiable.
    You're arguing a strawman now. No one here claimed that legal = justifiable.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  13. #25013
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Speaking of Star Wars, I just came across this video with shoeonhead (@Dino: !) where she explains her knowledge of the movies. It's pretty funny


    Hillarious! "He's dying of cancer" XD

    I like the way she talks and laughs, pretty funny/cute

    THE ENTERPRISE
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

  14. #25014
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    I was in my office this afternoon when my boyfriend called, saying, "Hun, just so you know, I just preordered the collector's edition for Rise of the Tomb Raider for you. Happy early Christmas!"

    Here's a 115% accurate representation of my reaction:



    Followed by:


    (click image to enlarge)

  15. #25015
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    thunderf00t on Anita's latest video:



    Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post

    Hillarious! "He's dying of cancer" XD

    I like the way she talks and laughs, pretty funny/cute

    THE ENTERPRISE
    Heh, she's great, isn't she

    lol yeah that Enterprise bit killed me

    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I was in my office this afternoon when my boyfriend called, saying, "Hun, just so you know, I just preordered the collector's edition for Rise of the Tomb Raider for you. Happy early Christmas!"

    Here's a 115% accurate representation of my reaction:



    Followed by:

    That was very nice of him

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  16. #25016
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Heh, welcome to the stigmatisation of gamers

    As for your parents not buying you a new PC - why should they? If you want something, you gotta work for it, or make sacrifices. I didn't get all the latest hardware and all the latest consoles from my parents when I was still living with them on a silver platter, either. I had to use money I earned from part time jobs, pocket money, birthday money, etc. And even then I was missing out on a lot.

    You say you go out every day. Maybe get a part time job for a couple of months instead, so that you can put the money towards a new rig?
    Of course they don't owe me a PC. It just sucks that they'd probably buy it if they weren't so "games are for kids", you know? Another thing is, I wouldn't even ask them in the first place (money is kinda of an issue), but my mom once told me that she'd like to have money to buy me a new PC, because she can see that I'm passionate about it, even though she doesn't understand it. So recently, my parents got into some money and they were thinking on improving our lives, most of the money is going to my and my sister's college fees, but there was money for "gifts" So, my sister went on a vacation with her friends, but when I suggested that they buy me a new PC, they were like "What's wrong with the one you have? We (parents) agreed we're gonna pay for your driver's license", and I'm like "okay, didn't want a driver's license, so kind of you to make that choice for me even though my sister's on a vacation" xD

    As for part-time jobs, I did a few 3 years ago (that's when I bought a PC for myself, but had the luck of my graphics card breaking down), and every year since then whenever I got a job I spend it on my college needs to unburden my parents. This year I didn't manage to find a job, but hopefully next year I will. Due to my college, I can't really do college and a job at the same time. But I guess a PC will have to wait, it just sucks that I had an opportunity that might not come again, and I'm not getting it, especially since RotTR is coming out... xD

    Edit: I need to talk to someone about this So we all know the character of Quiet from MGSV, right?

    I stumbled upon these 2 gifs, just ordinary idle animations of her waiting in the helicopter before a mission



    And like, I love Quiet! I already talked about this before when that demo came out where she is your partner. Although her attire and her breast are definitely nice to look at, once again her face is something I notice first, look at her being cute And like, I don't know, I also mentioned how people trying not to be sexist can be sexist in the attempt. So, like, yeah, you can say Hideo Kojima is a horny kid, but he said there are reasons she wears it (I have some theories) and it's not like Snake isn't naked in the gam too, he's literally Naked Snake Anyways, just my 2 cents, I feel like I'm gonna love the character even more once I get to actually play the game and meet her
    Last edited by d1n0_xD; 3rd Sep 2015 at 23:36.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

  17. #25017
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    thought this might be interesting since we talk about anitas crap.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Dead-or-Alive

    @MGS
    so, "phantom pain" is out now, but im confused if this is a continuation from "ground zero" or a standalone game. "GZ" i know is rather a short game. therefore costs only half the price than "pain". do i need to play GZ to understand the new title? like to mention that i have never played any of the MG series.
    Last edited by Metalrocks; 4th Sep 2015 at 01:56.
    signature image

  18. #25018
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.G. Ishimura
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Edit: I need to talk to someone about this So we all know the character of Quiet from MGSV, right?

    I stumbled upon these 2 gifs, just ordinary idle animations of her waiting in the helicopter before a mission



    And like, I love Quiet! I already talked about this before when that demo came out where she is your partner. Although her attire and her breast are definitely nice to look at, once again her face is something I notice first, look at her being cute And like, I don't know, I also mentioned how people trying not to be sexist can be sexist in the attempt. So, like, yeah, you can say Hideo Kojima is a horny kid, but he said there are reasons she wears it (I have some theories) and it's not like Snake isn't naked in the gam too, he's literally Naked Snake Anyways, just my 2 cents, I feel like I'm gonna love the character even more once I get to actually play the game and meet her
    I just met her about 3 hours ago (currently playing mgs5) and I'll just say this: Damn! And you'll understand when you get there.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

  19. #25019
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    thought this might be interesting since we talk about anitas crap.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Dead-or-Alive

    @MGS
    so, "phantom pain" is out now, but im confused if this is a continuation from "ground zero" or a standalone game. "GZ" i know is rather a short game. therefore costs only half the price than "pain". do i need to play GZ to understand the new title? like to mention that i have never played any of the MG series.
    Yes, it's a continuation, and Ground Zeroes served like a prologue, basically a really long demo so people get familiarized with the game before the release of the main game

    You don't need to play GZ, but you need to know that 9 years pass from GZ to PP Also, you don't really need to paly other MG games, but just to know who all the characters are, I recommend finding a summary on YT, since the story of all MGS games is pretty complicated, and MGSV is in the middle of it (it's not a sequel, but a interquel, if you know what I mean XD )


    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    I just met her about 3 hours ago (currently playing mgs5) and I'll just say this: Damn! And you'll understand when you get there.
    Glad to hear that, hopefully I'll play it a bit on my friend's PC
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

  20. #25020
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Yes, it's a continuation, and Ground Zeroes served like a prologue, basically a really long demo so people get familiarized with the game before the release of the main game

    You don't need to play GZ, but you need to know that 9 years pass from GZ to PP Also, you don't really need to paly other MG games, but just to know who all the characters are, I recommend finding a summary on YT, since the story of all MGS games is pretty complicated, and MGSV is in the middle of it (it's not a sequel, but a interquel, if you know what I mean XD )
    thanks for the clarification. i knew there was a something i have seen. angry joe reviewed it and also said he is new to the franchise. so i guess i wait for it to be cheaper. before wasting 30$ on it.
    signature image

  21. #25021
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post

    Edit: I need to talk to someone about this So we all know the character of Quiet from MGSV, right?

    I stumbled upon these 2 gifs, just ordinary idle animations of her waiting in the helicopter before a mission



    And like, I love Quiet! I already talked about this before when that demo came out where she is your partner. Although her attire and her breast are definitely nice to look at, once again her face is something I notice first, look at her being cute And like, I don't know, I also mentioned how people trying not to be sexist can be sexist in the attempt. So, like, yeah, you can say Hideo Kojima is a horny kid, but he said there are reasons she wears it (I have some theories) and it's not like Snake isn't naked in the gam too, he's literally Naked Snake Anyways, just my 2 cents, I feel like I'm gonna love the character even more once I get to actually play the game and meet her
    Holy toast. I like her already!

    Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    You don't need to play GZ, but you need to know that 9 years pass from GZ to PP
    They do tell you that in-game, though. Though I do kinda feel like I missed some context no playing GZ.

    I love this game. Yeah, I bought it despite the whole #f'Konami thing. There's just so much to it, but at the same time you can get on without thinking about those things. And the recon before infiltration is nice.
    signature image

  22. #25022
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.G. Ishimura
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post

    @MGS
    so, "phantom pain" is out now, but im confused if this is a continuation from "ground zero" or a standalone game. "GZ" i know is rather a short game. therefore costs only half the price than "pain". do i need to play GZ to understand the new title? like to mention that i have never played any of the MG series.
    I would recommend playing 'Peace Walker', then 'GZ', then 'Phantom'. That's the chronology. You don't have to absolutely play 'Peace Walker', but it helps a lot when it comes to understanding 'GZ'.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

  23. #25023
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    I would recommend playing 'Peace Walker', then 'GZ', then 'Phantom'. That's the chronology. You don't have to absolutely play 'Peace Walker', but it helps a lot when it comes to understanding 'GZ'.

    cant find peace walker on steam. so i guess its console only.
    well, maybe i pay full price for phantom next week after my kickboxing. but i sure will not pay 30$ for GZ. autmn sales are coming up and i guess it could be 50% off. hopefully.
    signature image

  24. #25024
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Of course they don't owe me a PC. It just sucks that they'd probably buy it if they weren't so "games are for kids", you know? Another thing is, I wouldn't even ask them in the first place (money is kinda of an issue), but my mom once told me that she'd like to have money to buy me a new PC, because she can see that I'm passionate about it, even though she doesn't understand it. So recently, my parents got into some money and they were thinking on improving our lives, most of the money is going to my and my sister's college fees, but there was money for "gifts" So, my sister went on a vacation with her friends, but when I suggested that they buy me a new PC, they were like "What's wrong with the one you have? We (parents) agreed we're gonna pay for your driver's license", and I'm like "okay, didn't want a driver's license, so kind of you to make that choice for me even though my sister's on a vacation" xD

    As for part-time jobs, I did a few 3 years ago (that's when I bought a PC for myself, but had the luck of my graphics card breaking down), and every year since then whenever I got a job I spend it on my college needs to unburden my parents. This year I didn't manage to find a job, but hopefully next year I will. Due to my college, I can't really do college and a job at the same time. But I guess a PC will have to wait, it just sucks that I had an opportunity that might not come again, and I'm not getting it, especially since RotTR is coming out... xD
    I see

    Well if you ask me, I'd definitely go for a drivers license over a new PC. Having the ability to drive gives you so much more freedom! I remember when I got mine and how excited I was lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Edit: I need to talk to someone about this So we all know the character of Quiet from MGSV, right?

    I stumbled upon these 2 gifs, just ordinary idle animations of her waiting in the helicopter before a mission



    And like, I love Quiet! I already talked about this before when that demo came out where she is your partner. Although her attire and her breast are definitely nice to look at, once again her face is something I notice first, look at her being cute And like, I don't know, I also mentioned how people trying not to be sexist can be sexist in the attempt. So, like, yeah, you can say Hideo Kojima is a horny kid, but he said there are reasons she wears it (I have some theories) and it's not like Snake isn't naked in the gam too, he's literally Naked Snake Anyways, just my 2 cents, I feel like I'm gonna love the character even more once I get to actually play the game and meet her
    Ah yeah I remember you posting about her some time ago. As Borat would say... NIIIIICE.

    But, uhm, sexist you say? Where's the sexism there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    thought this might be interesting since we talk about anitas crap.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Dead-or-Alive
    Ugh, that damn Escapist player always gives me trouble. Is there a YT version available?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  25. #25025
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    yes, the player they use is really awkward. i personally have no problems but but its annoying if you try to pause it and entering full screen mode that doenst work.
    anyway, found the video on youtube that should work.
    signature image

Page 1001 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 50190195199199799899910001001100210031004100510111051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •