Thread: What's the best PC gamepad for TR Underworld?

What's the best PC gamepad for TR Underworld?

Hi there!

I play all my TR games on PC. With the first few games I used a Wingman Rumblepad..but I feel I need to upgrade to a gmaepad with more buttons. What would be the best gamepad for this game?

(I could never get comfortable to using the keybaord to play games I need a gamepad)

Make sure the gamepad has two analogue sticks. I never played on PC with a gamepad so I have no recommendations as far as that is concerned, but you definitely need two analogue sticks.

The Xbox360 controller is well worth a shot. It's a great gamepad. But any gamepad with two analog sticks, a D-pad, for "face" buttons and for "shoulder" buttons is good enough to play with.
    I would not say the 360 controller is the best gamepad out there, that would be 'free advertising' that I don't want to; if you already have a gamepad that works with the game it'd be better to stick with that. (Also, I haven't tried every gamepad out there, only 3 or so. 2 of which would be suitable for TR:U... the biggest thing against them when compared to the 360 controller is "bulkiness").

I can recommend the USB Xbox 360 controller it works great with Legend ,TRA & TRU.

So Xbox 360 controller is great for the games? I will definitely buy it!

I have also heard the 360 controller works very good. I myself use a Logitech gamepad (with analog sticks) for TRA and TRL and it works perfectly.
    signature image

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bedazzled View Post
    I can recommend the USB Xbox 360 controller it works great with Legend ,TRA & TRU.
    Http://Gamer4Lyfe.1up.com

Hey guys, is every XBOX360 Controller compatible with windows or do you have to buy the one which is specially made for windows?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by angelus0901 View Post
    Hey guys, is every XBOX360 Controller compatible with windows or do you have to buy the one which is specially made for windows?
    Any Xbox360 controller will work with PC, they're the same. It's just with the Wireless Controller you need a USB Adapter to plug into the PC so your PC will be able to 'connect' with the wireless controller. (I've only used the wireless adapter with 1 controller, though I'd imagine it would work with multiple controllers).
    With wired controllers, I think the only difference between buying the "Xbox360 wired controller" and the one for the PC is that the PC one comes with a disc for the driver software (which you can just download from the internet anyway).

RG, thanks so much!!!

help with axis

I just received my generic gamepad and am ready to play..WRONG! Lara is just all over the screen! can someone help me with the axis I don't understand them!
    The game pad is just like PS2 but for PC.
    thanks very much
    destiny

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by destinysolo View Post
    I just received my generic gamepad and am ready to play..WRONG! Lara is just all over the screen! can someone help me with the axis I don't understand them!
    The game pad is just like PS2 but for PC.
    thanks very much
    destiny
    What do you mean by "all over the screen"? (and specifically, which gamepad?)

If Lara's moving about and you're not touching anything, check out the deadzones of the controller (would be my guess).
    Go into the Control Panel, then into Game Controllers (or similarly named), then to the Properties of your gamepad.

Check to make sure your controller is calibrated correctly, the red mark should be within the "deadzone".

If your controller's working properly, make sure Tomb Raider: Underworld is being controlled by it. From the main menu of TR:U, to to Options, then to Gamepad configuration.

Should look like that. Make sure the gamepad you're using is selected, and under "gamepad axes" you have "X & Y" selected. (This differs from gamepad to gamepad. Could also be Y & X, etc.).

You can use the PS3 pad, if you hook up the USB charger to the computer and download this software to use it: http://news.filefront.com/how-to-use...oller-on-a-pc/
    :note: you do not hit the PS button once, you have to hold it for three seconds. I use the PS3 controller on my PC just about for every game.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinX21 View Post
    ...I use the PS3 controller on my PC just about for every game.
    I imagine since it's designed-for-console that it's a very nice gamepad to use. What's the compatability like with games, the same as a 'typical' gamepad?

I use my Thrustmaster 3in1 gamepad, it also works on my PS3.
    I also have my PS3 controller working on my PC Too.

edit

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post
    I imagine since it's designed-for-console that it's a very nice gamepad to use. What's the compatability like with games, the same as a 'typical' gamepad?
    Yes the PS3 gamepad works just the same, Dualshock works also.
    and since Crystal dynamics did such a great job on the compatibility for all gamepads, unlike rocksteady and Batman AA. Or RE5.