Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Party System

Party System

dividing teams

I think the game is dividing up the teams unfairly. One side is almost always full of high levels, while the other is becomes full of low levels. The team deathmatches almost always become four level 1’s vs four level 10’s and above. This is makes the game completely unfair; it should at least divide up the players evenly so that the average level of all players on a team is roughly equal to the average level of all players on the other team. This wasn’t a problem before because most players were the same level, but now it’s become a glaring problem that has taken away all the fun from the game, especially for newcomers when the time comes.

You're going up against pre made teams, people are partying up beforehand, afaik the sorting is random normally. Either that or you're being unlucky.

Originally Posted by Oroibahazopi
    You're going up against pre made teams, people are partying up beforehand, afaik the sorting is random normally. Either that or you're being unlucky.
    Cannot team up before (not yet)

The way these players are working is as followed:
    They find a lobby with a few players or an empty one.
    They invite there friends (Max of 3 invites so total 4 players)
    Other people join.. 8 players total
    Game starts with friends in a party 4 friends vs 4 others.

As someone who plays without any friends on Nosgoth I get this a lot too. The best thing to do is try and work with what you've got and encourage others to work as a team.

It might have already been suggested, but perhaps if a party system is implemented it would be nice if you knew who was in a party. That way you might not feel as bad when you get destroyed. A party-free game search similar to the under level 5 only search could also work.

You can fill an entire lobby with 8 people in a party if you're quick, I've done so before. 4 is not the limit.

Separate solo and team queues? That's unpossible.

I think a party-free queue is a bad idea. It takes away the team aspect of the game. Players should be encouraged to find friends and play together.

That doesn't make sense, there would be a separate team queue for pre made teams.

It does, because it makes the team players play together and the non's play together. By segregating the two they will never intermingle and the "loners" will have no incentive to find a normal crew to play with. Games are always more fun with other people you know, and from a developer standpoint, you aren't encouraging friendly behavior, thus reducing your playerbase. Not to mention, the loners will never see how to play as a team since the teams will be in another room anyways.

Every decent competitive game has separate team and solo queues. Pre mades have a natural advantage over a team of solo players, it's worthless to even play such matches. It is zero fun for both parties, the situation in this game at the moment is either farm noobs with a pre made team or get farmed. Right now people who prefer to play solo are at a forced disadvantage since they can be matched against pre made teams.

Also a team has no need to integrate with solo players since they're already a team. It's more likely a bunch of solo players end up teaming up.

The issue now is only caused by a lack of players though. That should even itself out.

this is a team based game , not encouraging solo players to team up would be a bad move I think.

players that complain that they get beaten by Teams , should try and Group up with others, that is how I found the guys I play with, remember few of us knew eachother before we meet in nosgoth.

Originally Posted by Zindiq
    this is a team based game , not encouraging solo players to team up would be a bad move I think.

players that complain that they get beaten by Teams , should try and Group up with others, that is how I found the guys I play with, remember few of us knew each other before we meet in nosgoth.
    Exactly, and keeping solo players seperate doesn't encourage that

Party/Friend system

Sometimes can't join lobby via invite or "join" option even though lobby isn't full.

Sometimes "join" wont appear in the friends context menu even though lobby is not full. Sometimes it'll appear even when game is full.

Cannot send invites via in game friend list to players that are "online" and not in game.

Sometimes accepting invites will dump you in a random game.

Accepting an invite sent via the steam friend context menu out of game, while Nosgoth is not running, will start Nosgoth and begin Authing to lobby but then give an error that suite does not match host.

Friends statuses in the in game friend menu only show "online", does not show "away" or "in game" if away or in another game.

No clear way of forming or leaving a party.

Party system will have you in different parties in the chatbox window at the bottom of the screen and your friend list.

Possibly intended: You will form a party automatically when joining a friend from your friend list.

Party system UI flow will be changing during Beta to make it much more clear when you're in an online lobby vs. just partying up to search for a match.

Thanks for describing out the major bugs.

Any possible way we can get it before beta? I know it'll have issues to test, and it's be nice. I think a lot of the party issues is coming up from steam.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Party system will be very welcome , Looking forward to it.

Perchaps more related to overall matchmaking, but party stacking can ruin balance (and often it does).
    It ruined my games several times. Few times when I was playing against party stackers, and even more when I was inside a stacked party (Meeting good players is not that hard with low player base). The game is either way too easy or too hard in such cases.

It seems to be too hard to combat with limited ammount of players, but while open beta hits - party games should be limited to party vs party only? Or skill levels of random should actually be HIGHER than the total skill levels of guys inside a party. It would also be a blast if skill level was actually determined by skill, not time spent in matches alone ( like right now). Maybe something similiar to APB: Reloaded ? They seem to have picked their system up from the ground more or less.

In other words, a high paying customer, that wants to unwind after hours of work at the office/brothel/harbour/whatever will not be able to just start up the game and play, without wasting time for search of some clan or group he won't have time to identify with? And instead will be shown the middile finger. While the game will draw more unemployed, non-paying "customers" that will go hardcore and make the lives of casuals even harder then it would normally be, by grinding them for gold? :P

From a developer point of view, that should not be the case.
    But If they really DO care about players, they should make a system that works for both of them.
    Dual search system that would connect both sides only when no players will be available (failing to find other party after 1:30 min?) Should not happen a lot with F2P system.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th Aug 2014 at 18:45. Reason: double posting, please use the 'edit' function, thanks

Disclaimer: I'am not an expert or anything

To allow a fair fight the following thing should be made.
    Ranking system that puts in a rank to a player what decides if rank X can fight rank Y
    In party: Rank Y1 =1000
    Y2 = 750
    Y3 = 500
    Y4 = 200
    Mean rank: 612,5
    Search for a party that has equal ranking 612,5
    Or
    Party rank +10% = 612,5 + 61,25 = 673,75
    Search for random players with rank near equal to: 673,75

That is to make sure players are equal in strenght.

Now for the party system:

A option to select for individuel players to search for:
    Random vs Party (Random allows to search for party groups)
    Random vs random (non party) (Random does not allow to join a party lobby)

And for party groups to search for
    Party vs party (Selecting this only will make sure you are matches vs a party of your ranking range)
    Party vs Random (Selecting this will also allow party vs party)
    Last edited by hirukaru; 30th Dec 2013 at 16:55.

I wouldn't be opposed to two ratings. A "rating while in a party" and a "rating while soloing." That way if you have a lower solo rank (as should be the case) you get paired with lower end teams, if any.

Originally Posted by hirukaru

A option to select for individual players to search for:
    Random vs Party (Random allows to search for party groups)
    Random vs random (non party) (Random does not allow to join a party lobby)

And for party groups to search for
    Party vs party (Selecting this only will make sure you are matches vs a party of your ranking range)
    Party vs Random (Selecting this will also allow party vs party)
    Its much easier than that, you only need 2 game modes, random and party,

random allows random players to play in random teams vs other randoms playing in random teams (no pre made teams of any size)

party allows people to join in parties of 1, 2, 3, or 4 so you can join if you are in a party or not but you understand that you may be pitted against a team.
    This way if you join as a single player in the team queue you could end up having a pre made 3 player team join you, 1 other solo and a 2 man team or 3 solo players or you may join as a full team. many games do it this way.
    personally I like to play some games in a team with a friend but not always a full 3 friends as you cant always have 4 friends who want to play.

The reason party doesn't have to be pure 4v4 is that you have given people an option to queue as a solo in a random game, and if they chose party instead they fully understand the possibility of facing a well organised team. sometimes i think its more social and more fun just to all go in as teams of 2 that match with a second team of 2 (2+2 vs 2+2) as it doesn't end up being the same team same tactics borefest of a 4v4 and you have to adapt.

BTW Hirukaru corrected and highlighted your spelling mistake, also strength (you spelled it strenght) was wrong but I assume this was a typing error
    Everyone else, I'm not picking on him by correcting his spelling he is extremely good at English (better than most English people) but I'm helping Hirukaru with the few minor mistakes he makes.
    Last edited by Syst3mzero; 4th Jan 2014 at 05:58. Reason: clarifying Random

Unable to join match (invite)

I'm not sure if this was an issue with Steam or the game - I was invited to a match and when I tried to accept it said something along the lines of "on different server" and not everyone was showing in game even though they were on.

I managed to exit Nosgoth and load back in and then it allowed me to accept said invite.

Can't join friend in a match

I don't know if his lobby is full but the exact error message is "You are currently playing on a different Online Suite environment than the host!". I've never seen it under any other circumstance. This is launching from outside the game directly trying to join from Steam. Also Join doesn't work once the client is launched
    EDIT: Validated files just to make sure everything was in order, nothing came up

Party System

Does it work at all? My friend and I are finally able to play except that when I invite him, or vice-versa, the game claims Nosgoth servers are unavailable. So far we've worked it out to only work when one of us invites while waiting on a game, which is hardly fair - Surely we should be able to party up and JOIN matchmaking together, rather than sending an invite and screaming "C'MON DUDE HIT ACCEPT THERE'S A SPACE FREE- Aw, damn. Now we need to try again."

DOTA2 seems to have a pretty good system and from the UI layout I assumed you'd be very similar, is that the intention going forward into beta?

It needs work, in fact I'm going to be posting on the thread about it in a minutes, however, at the moment due to the small population it's not turned on.

Seems like you're pretty clued in man, I'm looking forward to this post. Is there a sticky on the topic somewhere, or?

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... Last