Thread: Party System

Party System

have them rejoin you via friends list this fixes it
    signature image

Yeah we get the same issue from time to time, definitely a bug.. we will join up as a group, and sometimes it will either get stuck saying looking for more players in lobby, even though theres 8/8 there, or other times it will swap us around on different teams. Sometimes if one of us leaves the lobby then back again it does fix it though, or if someone leaves on the other team and people come back.

Unhappy party system not working

ok so 80% of the time the party system does not work. we send invites to our friends and it will not link us together or when it does it with split us onto diff teams or just kick people out of the party. pls fix

It doesn't work for us either, we have to leave game and rejoin about 20 times to be in the same team.

Hi peeps, I been gone for a long while but this I may be able to answer.
    During Alpha there were few players and the team play worked, however the problem was people wanted to play with their friends.
    problem was this meant that those of us who had been playing a while wanted to play together and sometimes this left us with seriously OP teams vs new peeps. they disabled the teams locking so that it would allow us to play in the same games without us all being on 1 team which was a quick fix so new guys wouldn't get trounced quite as hard.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Syst3mzero
    Hi peeps, I been gone for a long while but this I may be able to answer.
    During Alpha there were few players and the team play worked, however the problem was people wanted to play with their friends.
    problem was this meant that those of us who had been playing a while wanted to play together and sometimes this left us with seriously OP teams vs new peeps. they disabled the teams locking so that it would allow us to play in the same games without us all being on 1 team which was a quick fix so new guys wouldn't get trounced quite as hard.
    Well that is stupid. If I'm playing with friends I want to actually be playing WITH them.

Originally Posted by Bongin
    Well that is stupid. If I'm playing with friends I want to actually be playing WITH them.
    I think you missed the point, my point was it was introduced for a good reason, I'm sure once they decide that their are enough players (or when they get round to it) they will allow you to lock teams again.

For now find the fun in slapping your friends around, I have had many fun hours shooting my friends in the crotch and having some friendly smack talk. the big advantage is when you play sometimes against and sometimes with a friend you really learn how they play and when you end up on the same team you can predict their moves better and co-ordinate more effectively to be twice as deadly.

like I said, sure they will re-enable it and I don't think it will be long now.
    signature image

Can't play with my friends.

When me and my friends are inviting each other, in 9 of 10 cases it says "Unable to join friends lobby"/"unable to connect" and etc., but when we are able to gather and trying to find a game, it says "Error, currently all servers are full". And what is wrong with your party making system? If i create a premade, it means, that i actually want to play with my party members IN THE SAME TEAM, not versus them. Can't attach screenshots atm, will do that later if needed.

This is a pretty fragile system at the moment, that gets broken very easily and often requires game restarts, sometimes even twice. So call it a big piece of ...

Following these steps should work in most cases:
    All of you launch the game.
    The designated party leader invites all others via right click/invite on ingame friendslist.
    It takes about 10 seconds for all players to show up in the party.
    Then you start to look for a new lobby/match.

If you encounter any bugs, its best to restart the game, all of you.

If you are only 2 or 3 guys, you can also join the player already in a lobby. But again, this can get broken easily and require restarts.

Ok forget the stuff i wrote before.

I am trying to play with friends in this minute and its simply impossible.
    "no servers available", a loop of joining/authentication or not even getting into a party at all
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 30th Jun 2014 at 12:09. Reason: please use edit post function

no server avaiable or loop for the past 2 hours trying to find fixes can't find ANYTHINg

Party system might be a little buggy

Hello everyone,

Usually, I can party with my friends who play the game and team up together with no problems. However, I think just recently, whenever I party with my friends, we keep ending up on the opposite of teams when we queue into a lobby.

I'm not sure if this is a known bug/issue which it should be, but I am just sharing a bug to let everyone know that this might be happening for some people ~

Cheers,
    Flynn_gaming aka Flynn

Playing as aparty and matchmaking in general

I got this game during the steam summer sale because it looked cool. The game itself is awesome and I'm having tons of fun playing both sides, plus as far as I can see everything is fairly balanced. Some of my friends started playing too, but here is where I ran into problems. The whole lobby/party/matchmaking system seems to be hopelessly broken right now.

• When searching games one is regularly thrown out of the queue and told "There are no servers available". This happens regardless of server load as stated here
    • If this happens when queuing with a party of friends, the party is split up and can't form again until everybody restarts the game
    • Inviting friends into your party oftentimes does not work
    • Joining into games where a friend is playing and which have 1 or 2 free player slots often fails
    • Joining into lobbies with friend sometimes fails
    • Rarely the eight player slot in a match will never be available and it's a permanent 3v4
    • Rarely when playing as a party a party member will be assigned to the opposing team

Of course I have no idea how matchmaking is handled by Nosgoth, but I have a bit of knowledge about coding lobbies and it just appears to be done very poorly at the moment. As amazing as the gameplay itself is, playing with more than two people can be exceedingly annoying, as the time required to actually get everybody into a match seems to increase exponentially with the size of the group. I understand this is still closed beta, but proper matchmaking is just such an integral part of the experience as a whole that I'm quite amazed it was left in such a broken state until now.

So, what I am asking, is this scheduled to be fixed any time soon and is there any place where it is possible to see the priority list of the devs, or upcoming features/fixes ?
    Furthermore, does anybody know some sort of trick or workaround to play as a group in the current system? The most reliable way to get into a game seems to be having one person join a lobby and everybody join after them, but finding a lobby with 4 free slots usually takes a bit.
    Last edited by HeavenlyCrow; 1st Jul 2014 at 00:35. Reason: typo

Matchmaking is currently done client side through steam. Psyonix are in the process of totally rewriting the match maker, lobbies and party system.
    Here is post : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=13344
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

The Party chat system is sometimes displaying the same person multiple times…either that or some people have the ability to clone themselves

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Yeah, for now making 4 people go together in a lobby is a pain in the .... i often get the message authentication failed then "unable to join friend's lobby" and then i must restart the game.
    If not either I cannot join them, the game just doesn't even try or else the game throw me in a random lobby when i say join O_o

Originally Posted by Voxyld
    Yeah, for now making 4 people go together in a lobby is a pain in the .... i often get the message authentication failed then "unable to join friend's lobby" and then i must restart the game.
    If not either I cannot join them, the game just doesn't even try or else the game throw me in a random lobby when i say join O_o

Indeed, I have just experienced the same and that several times.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

Party system is completely broken

A group of friends recently bought the vampire founder pack so we could play co-op together, which has turned out to be almost impossible. Here's a list of our problems:

- It is very difficult to get into the same party. Whenever someone invites it's usually only possible for one person to join him. For everyone else the authentication usually times out at 15 seconds. (I say usually because we have gotten it to work a couple of times by being persistent but this is time consuming)

- When we join a lobby as a party we immediately get split up anyway to balance the amount of people in each team.

- If the game crashes for one of us, and we leave the lobby in order to join up again, the remaining party is disbanded. This is unnecessary and means we have to go through the invite process again.

Look, I've fallen in love with this game. Whenever we're playing I forget all of these problems and just have fun. But then the game ends and we have to deal with the party system again... Please, please fix it so we can fully enjoy Nosgoth.

Try joining through steam, it has a higher percentage of success than joining via Nosgoth....

The Party system

Greetings everyone!
    Hoping i am posting in the right forum about this, but as of late the party system went completely nuts, and if earlier it was somehow manageable, right now getting into a party of 3-4 people works on some kind of voodoo magic and if you get to start a game as a party someone from it will allways get transfered to another team, making it impossible to play as 4 together, even as 3. This is not a rant, i undestand the game is in beta, but i managed to get around 10-11 people to play this game, but most of them just dropped it since we can't play together and getting into a party is a painful minigame as of the moment.

What i am trying to say is, since we all love this game a lot, (and i really,really do) the idea is to get as many people testing it and getting into it, and it's reeaaally damn hard with this party system. So the only thing i am hoping that the devs are getting the party system and such as a main priority at the moment and working on releasing or patching it as fast as possible.

Hi everyone,

I have a question, is it possible to create a party of 8 players ( so basically me inviting 7 friends before searching for a game) and be able to fill out all the 8 slots for a game ?

Since i will have a LAN party in a few weeks, i wanted to know if it was possible ?

The party system only supports up to 4 members.

Thank you for the fast reply !

But then it's awkward that the game lets you invite more than 3 friends into a party

You are welcome. Does it really let you? Every time I try to join a party of more than 3, I get the message "host party is full".

Well we tried and reached 7 players on a party, that's why i asked for the 8 players party

I see, well if it worked for you, then I assume it is possible.

Page 4 of 20 First First 1234567814 ... Last