Thread: Party System

Party System

By the power of the Elder God I managed to make a team prior to entering a Lobby last night! The first couple of attempts kept dropping people randomly when we made it to a Lobby but on the third attempt it worked – and it was like heaven No more jumping in and out of Lobbies (hopefully) trying to find one with enough space…so so so happy ...just really hoping this wasn't a one off

EDIT (8 May): Ok I spoke too soon yesterday in rejoicing at the state of the Lobbies...last night I had major issues in that people couldn’t accept my invites (both in the Party bit before Lobby stage or in an actual Lobby). I also kept receiving the “Lobby has been shutdown” message when trying to accept their invites into Lobbies or it would just sit there and do nothing and not allow me to join or not even give an error message. At one point I received an error when trying to invite which I've never had before which was "unable to send invite at this time".

…I finally got into a game with a friend and then I got the “Nosgoth has stopped working” message and it kicked me out of the game and I was unable to re-join…it was a bad Nosgoth night last night…but that’s another story lol.

EDIT 2 (9 May): After lots of invite issues (same as the previous night)...the main revelation from last night was…

We had quite a few issues with Partying up before a Lobby in that it wouldn’t let people join all the time – and it would work once and you could go off and find a Lobby together – but then if you decided to move Lobbies after the match and you tried to invite your friends again to the Party it wouldn’t work! When it didn’t work we found that after you’ve exited the Lobby and are back at the search screen where you’ve been split up again – all the people who are wanting to return to your party – need to exit Nosgoth and then sign in again…it would then allow the Party invites to work again . It’s a bit of a pain and everyone has to log out – we tried the inviter logging out and the invitees logging out – it tended to only work if we all did it but sometimes if one or two of us logged out it would work but not all the time.

…not the best solution or saying it’ll work for you – it’s just what we found and I thought I’d share to hopefully relieve some peoples stress

EDIT 3 (15 May): I had an issue last night where I could only invite people to Party/Lobby but I couldn’t join anyone who invited me…the option was greyed out/not selectable - so couldn't even click it. A friend also has had the issue since the last patch…it’s not fun.
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 15th May 2014 at 15:41.

Party Issue

When I join or invite to a party it goes through steam which is fine... If we play a game together and leave the lobby it kicks us out of the party and sometimes doesn't allow us to re-join into a party without completely exiting out of the game.

Party Getting Split in Lobbies

Right before the game begins, it auto balances my friend around and we end up being forced to rip eachother apart while we're in TeamSpeak 3 together.

Any idea(s) why?

You have to sent him an invite to be in party together so you won´t get split.

I have run into this problem where 2 of our 3 man party will be on one team and the 3rd gets put on the other team, to fix this we all have to leave and try again. This can get very annoying and tedious.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    You have to sent him an invite to be in party together so you won´t get split.
    Please don't give me those types of answers. Next you'll tell me to turn it off and then on again.

We had 4 guys in a party, the leader starts searching for a match and then it splits us up, usually throwing one of us on the opposition's side.

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does. More often than not, it does and is very, very, VERY irritating.

Originally Posted by SidewinderX7
    Please don't give me those types of answers. Next you'll tell me to turn it off and then on again.

We had 4 guys in a party, the leader starts searching for a match and then it splits us up, usually throwing one of us on the opposition's side.

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does. More often than not, it does and is very, very, VERY irritating.
    You did not specify whether you were in a party already or not in your OP. If it splits you, you were not in a party together.
    The party can get sometimes broken even when displaying you are still in it. Only a new invite or a restart will help in that case.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    If it splits you, you were not in a party together.
    The party can get sometimes broken even when displaying you are still in it. Only a new invite or a restart will help in that case.
    Logic.

Hopefully it will be looked at considerably before release. It's definitely one of the more frustrating bugs, right behind the typing in chat in-game where 'Enter' doesn't actually close the box after sending the message.

ok good to report the bug, but until its FIXed just watch for the change if the person moved to another team leaves and rejoins team via friends list its solved. easy peasy
    signature image

I've used the Party invite recently (the ones prior to joining a Lobby) and noticed sometimes we get split also - for the most part we remain as a team but maybe 1 in 10 games we get shuffled and split up in the last moments.

Originally Posted by SidewinderX7
    Logic.

Hopefully it will be looked at considerably before release. It's definitely one of the more frustrating bugs, right behind the typing in chat in-game where 'Enter' doesn't actually close the box after sending the message.
    Matchmaking is being completely redone for open beta release. Parties are a bit broken at the moment, but they are looking at matchmaking/lobby fixes before party fixes. They are on the way, don't fret, but you just have to give it time when there are more gameplay breaking bugs that need to be fixed first.

As a side note, I've had my parties split up recently too. To fix this I just leave the lobby and rejoin on the friend. It's a little bothersome but not irritating imo. Playing against friends can be fun, as well!

As for the chatbox thing, again, minor issue at the moment that with time will get fixed. We have to remember this game is only 16? weeks into closed beta and it needs a lot of love and attention.

Here is how things are in my experience, at the moment, the direct invite while you are in a lobby works, but if you invite each other and than queue up for a lobby, you LOOK like you are together and party says so as well, but once the countdown starts at least one person is in the opposite team.

Than if he rejoins on a party member, someone else ends up in the other team on countdown...etc until everyone rejoins on 1 person directly.

Don't ask me why its like that but it is.

Party

Hi, when i wanne play with a friend he can't join my party. i can join a otherfriends, that he also can't join.

Any idea?

Originally Posted by Hopstar
    Hi, when i wanne play with a friend he can't join my party. i can join a otherfriends, that he also can't join.

Any idea?
    I have this issue also - either you need to initiate the Party and then everyone can join you - or your friends will have to form the Party and enter a Lobby and then invite you - you should then be able to accept the invite (this still can be buggy though).

and sometimes you have to all restart nosgoth
    signature image

Problems with Party Play

I keep getting disconnected from the game whenever I try to play with my friends. We're in lobby and the countdown goes, then I just get kicked to the News screen as soon as it starts to load. I'm then unable to accept any invites from my friends to rejoin the game and have to close the game and attempt to join from the Steam client, which also doesn't work every time.

Tried to play a couple matches with some friends only to be met with difficulties in getting the party together, and then being dumped into entirely separate matches if more than one of us even managed to get into a match at all. We were grouped up before searching, and then clicked search, and it looked as though it put us all in the same lobby, and then the screen refreshed and I was in a full lobby and they were booted back to the base search lobby with a message about No servers currently available for play.

Party got split up after a few matches.

Hello everyone, first post for me on here. I finally got my friend to try this game last night and we had an absolute blast for about 6 games. Unfortunately the last game we played for some reason put us on opposite teams. Easy to say I could barely even play because of how lame it felt.

Is this a bug with the party feature? People in a pre-made party aren't supposed to be split up I hope, I am apprehensive to party up again :/

its a bug watch for the switch when countdown starts then have friends leave and rejoin off you. if your playing with three friends this could happen three times but joining of friends list works every time
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    its a bug watch for the switch when countdown starts then have friends leave and rejoin off you. if your playing with three friends this could happen three times but joining of friends list works every time
    Thanks a lot for the response, we will be on the lookout for it. I'm glad it is a bug, we both got really frustrated when it happened.

Before the latest patch came out I got seperated with my friend 70% matches. Now we always play in one team even if we are not in party

Originally Posted by Tarenthar
    Thanks a lot for the response, we will be on the lookout for it. I'm glad it is a bug, we both got really frustrated when it happened.
    no problem
    signature image

How to play in 4 people party ?

How can I play with 3 of my friends in party if game keeps mixing teams so that we can't play together ?
    It's pretty annoying, it's not a party if you can't play together anyway. Is there a solution ?

You should be able to invite your friends before you search for servers (either through in-game invites or by using Steam overlay). If that doesn't work, find an empty lobby and invite your friends in.

I do invite them to party we are 4 there and we start searching for lobby. People join to the other team and just before game starts matchmaking mixes the teams and most of the times one of my friends is moved to opposite team. This is pointless if it's a party.

Page 3 of 20 First First 123456713 ... Last