Thread: My LittleBigPlanet level: Croft Manor

Arrow My LittleBigPlanet level: Croft Manor

Hello,

I've been working on a Croft Manor level for LittleBigPlanet for a while, so I thought I'd share it here now that it's published.

My PSN ID is DuskRaider, if you'd like to add me as a friend. That will make it easy to find my level, and I'll be sure to try (and heart) your LBP levels as well.

The full title of my level is Tomb Raider - Croft Manor. It should be easy enough to find by searching "Croft Manor".

The level icon looks something like this:

It's best to just play the level if you can, but if not,
    here is a video of the level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O9z4V6k0Ww
    It's a little under 8 minutes long.

It was made with a regular camera recording a 1080i CRT, so the quality is not ideal (the odd horizontal bands that sometimes run through it are because of that). The sound did not come out on the video so I added the music later. The level doesn't use the two TRU songs from the video as there is no way to import music (MGS songs were officially added to the game).

Picture Tour
    If the video's not working or if you don't want to sit through the 8 minutes, here are some of the highlights. Pictures were taken with the in game tool. They are quite limited in size since they can be used as textures in game. Click for (slightly) larger image.

Next...?
    I was curious how my level would look with the Underworld treatment so here is a little (and I do mean little) preview. I would like to use this as an intro for a Beneath the Ashes level. Just be warned that I'm a very slow level builder.

LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

Smile

Wow! That is amazing, you've done an outstanding job! I'm currently working on a TR level, I will finish it one day. Truly, that looks great, I will give it a go when I'm next on LBP.

I played and I loved it! That manor is exactly like the "real" one.

I am so looking forward to that Beneath the Ashes level.
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

Wow, I loved it!

I love all the little details you've made and I even saw a reference to Core; although I am a fan of Core's work, I did find it funny when I noticed that you placed their name somewhere in the Croft Manor Crypt... ^.^;

When I get around to FINALLY buying LBP (I keep hearing about it, and I really want it) I will definitely download this. Looks spectacular! Great job, Dusk Knight (clever name, btw )

pretty cool, good job

liked the sad natla at the end

Thumbs Up

This is so sick!!! I guess I'll add you to my friend list ahead of time since I SADLY STILL don't have the game But I love it! Especially the underpus !!!

I don't have LBP yet, but I hope to get it one of these days. When I do, I'll definitely download that. There are some cool looking TR levels that people have made.
    Trust in the power of positive thinking

Thanks for the comments, everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    I love all the little details you've made and I even saw a reference to Core; although I am a fan of Core's work, I did find it funny when I noticed that you placed their name somewhere in the Croft Manor Crypt... ^.^;
    It started with only "RJC", as a TRU reference, but it looked a little odd with only one marked coffin. The Core and KT coffins were joke references but not meant to be disrespectful to Core or Kurtis. Especially since Kurtis shows up in the BTA level...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertz523 View Post
    Great job, Dusk Knight (clever name, btw )
    You mean like how night follows dusk? I actually didn't think of that until sometime after I made this screen name, but thanks all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Knight View Post

You mean like how night follows dusk? I actually didn't think of that until sometime after I made this screen name, but thanks all the same.
    I complimented your name 'cuz I thought it was a play on 'Dark Knight' (aka Batman). My PSN ID is mertz_523 if you ever want to chat and are ever on Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertz523 View Post
    I complimented your name 'cuz I thought it was a play on 'Dark Knight' (aka Batman). My PSN ID is mertz_523 if you ever want to chat and are ever on Home.
    Ah, you were right then. I was thinking of the Final Fantasy character class Dark Knight as well as Batman.
    I'll send you a friend invitation next time I'm on PSN.

Smile

Wow! That looks amazing! =) When I go on LBP, i'll check it out. Lol I've been looking for a TR level like that, but the ones I've found weren't very good lol. I love LBP. It's my fav game along with TR and the Sly Cooper series (you gotta love sly lol). Well done, I hope you'll be making more levels, and do you mind if I add you? My user is Emika26.
    Toodles! I'm off to bed now, its been one heck of a day.
    -MC.