Page 1 of 139 123451151101 ... Last

Thread: Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute Thread

Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute Thread

Smile Other Games. Playing, Getting & Tribute Thread

What the title says.
    Use this thread to discuss anything relating to other games.

I just re-installed System Shock 2. Maybe my second-favorite FPS-RPG (after Deus Ex, of course). Scary, smart, complex and amazing sound design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPn6wcsUmk

Always find myself going back to Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. For multilayer anyways. Good campaign too if you're a newb!

Assassins Creed. Good game but can get boring after a while of playing.

Deus Ex. I'm trying to play the game w/o alerting anyone...using any weapons/augs/etc...its hard..lol...and impossible in certain situations.

Sins of a Solar Empire. The game has a slight learning curve for newbs (tutorial sucks) but it's a very good game. Sadly no campaign but the devs are working on a sequel that will have one.

Originally Posted by lumpi
    I just re-installed System Shock 2. Maybe my second-favorite FPS-RPG (after Deus Ex, of course). Scary, smart, complex and amazing sound design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPn6wcsUmk

SS2 is my other favorite, really I wanted to see some SS2 on a new deus ex

Well I just finished Bioshock... pretty amazing, but like I've heard various places, the ending was kind of hard to be excited about after the twist.

So now I have a lot of games I need to play but haven't yet: Giants: Citizen Kabuto, XIII, Mass Effect, No One Lives Forever, and I'm really excited about Zeno Clash... the art in that game looks amazing. So basically, too many games lol.

I think I'll try Giants maybe, or something that I can do before I uprade my compy in the summer.

Currently playing Empire: Total War...or I was until it just crashed, lol. I'll go back to it in a minute.

Installed Deadly Shadows (again) yesterday....I really want to like it because I've heard so much about The Cradle, but I just can't get into it.

Also gotta complete Killzone 2 at some point. Only a few levels from the end as I understand it, but don't really have that "gotta go play it again" feeling.

I'm popping into the SourceOP TF2 server once in a while. That's about it.

Oh, and I'm on Garry's Mod an excessive amount of time for films. Steam says I've had 22.4 hours in the past two weeks, and that's actually pretty low for me.

Originally Posted by Icky6
    Well I just finished Bioshock...
    Out of interest, how long did it take you to complete it?
    If I remember correctly, I finished it within a few days. It was too short a game for me... I wish it had been longer.

I keep playing:

- DX (currently playing TNM again)
    - ProPinball:TimeShock
    - Falcon 4.0 AF (from time to time, everytime learning a bit more)
    - Online-Backgammon

Currently installed / unfininished:

- GTA 4 (not really motivated to continue at the moment, I am at around 60%)
    - Fallout 3 (waiting for the 3rd DLC, the one that raises the level cap, before I play any of the DLC)
    - Tomb Raider: Legend
    - Dead Space (I keep waiting for a patch that adresses the missing AA and the horrible controls - might never happen though)
    - Freelancer (again but I've lost interest already)
    - Pure (it's ok but I hoped for more)
    - Raven Shield (again)
    - Silent Hunter 4
    - Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts (one of the very few RTSs I really enjoy)
    - NBA 2K9 (pretty good)
    - Far Cry 2 (finished a long time ago though)
    - the complete Orange Box (I am not motivated to play the HL2-addons though, liked Portal and occasionaly a round of TF2)
    - Battlefield 2 (still the best Online-Shooter imo)
    - STALKER (not played in ages, not finished yet)
    - Privateer Gemini Gold
    - IL2 - Forgotten Battles (good but oldtimers are not really my cup of tea)
    - Lock On (still missing a proper handbook)
    - GTR 2 (very good as a simulation but not much fun as a game)
    - Mercenaries 2 (probably the most annoying game I've ever encountered so far *deinstalls*)
    - Need for Speed: Most Wanted (a good fun racer)
    - Kings Quest 1-Remake (installed yesterday)

Recently finished:

- Geheimakte Tunguska (good adventure although it has its share of flaws)
    - Hitman 3 (again)
    - Fallout 3 (the main campaign)
    - Sanitarium (fascinating game)
    - Thief 3 (again)
    - Max Payne 1 (again)
    - Condemned

Most Wanted:

- DX3
    - Max Payne 3
    - Street Fighter 4 PC
    - Mafia 2
    - Diablo 3

I have an eye on:

- Alpha Protocol
    - COD: Modern Warfare 2
    - ARMA 2
    - Operation Flashpoint 2
    - Bioshock 2 (I kinda feel like one of the DX3-pessimists for this game)

Yikes, Fox, you really are a busy gamer!

It actually looks worse than it is. I just have a tendency to not finish games (or to put the on hold for long a time) unless they are really, really good.

Gaming certainly is one of my favourite hobbies though.

Yeah, I get it.
    Gotta ask, I see STALKER is on your unfinished list... do you not find it really good or are you still playing it generally?

For me, I prefer to play one game at a time (except fan missions because they are little extras) - this is similar to my reading habits, I guess. I like to give one thing my complete attention.

Wow fox, got any time for real life? XD That's an impressive list.

Recently played (as in within the last 6 months):

Crysis
    Crysis Warhead/Wars
    Fallout 3
    FarCry 2 (sorry ubisoft, but I wasn't impressed)
    KotOR 2 (finally got my hands on a copy of it)
    Mirror's Edge
    Battlefield 2142
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Call of Duty World at War
    DX: Invisible War

Currently playing:

DX 1 (for old times sake, and TNM).
    CoD 4 (I play competitively with the guys next door)
    Fallout 3 (I'm hell-bent on finding every spot on the map, nearly done I think)
    Hitman Blood Money (I got it for free, not gonna pass it up!)

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    Out of interest, how long did it take you to complete it?
    If I remember correctly, I finished it within a few days. It was too short a game for me... I wish it had been longer.
    Lol I got a laugh out of that question. I installed and started playing it at the beginning of September, and finished it a couple days ago. Not much time with school, but I still feel like a slacker.

Yeah, it's a good habit to focus on one thing only... I guess. I often manage to do that with books but having huge HDDs and an general interest in several genres in combination with somtimes unpleasantly long installation processes make it tempting to have many games installed simultaniously.

I like STALKER but I stopped playing it somewhere in the middle because I hated the godawful long distances that you have to walk in this game. I think STALKER could have been a brilliant game but as it is, it has many flaws that can put you off. I always hoped for even more patches but I guess that won't happen.

Originally Posted by Icky6
    Lol I got a laugh out of that question. I installed and started playing it at the beginning of September, and finished it a couple days ago. Not much time with school, but I still feel like a slacker.
    Hehe, well your education is more important, for sure.

Right, so... the last games I bought were way back at Christmas. Mirrors edge, and before that a disappointing Fable 2. I've had short goes on friends copies of far cry 2, fallout 3 etc, etc but no recent games have compelled me enough to buy them. The last game I actually properly got into was GTA 4. My gaming habits as of late have been quite deprived.

Education has been getting in the way lately too, both time wise and financially. I think I've actually been suppressing my lust for PC gaming as a result!

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    Yeah, it's a good habit to focus on one thing only... I guess. I often manage to do that with books but having huge HDDs and an general interest in several genres in combination with somtimes unpleasantly long installation processes make it tempting to have many games installed simultaniously.
    I know exactly what you mean. I currently have 43 games installed on my comp, along with all my music, pics, and a bunch of other stuff, and I STILL have over a terabyte of free space on my HDD. That'll drop sometime soon though, once I start back up on some 3D modeling projects I was working on last year.

On topic:

Currently playing The Witcher (Enhanced Edition).

Last game played: Pharoah (and yet again, have yet to finish it and the Cleopatra expansion - ten freaking YEARS, and I've never finished both)

Last game finished: Fallout 3 with no mods. I'm also about halfway through the main storyline on my second playthrough with a couple of minor weapons tweaking mods, and a levelling mod to slow things down a bit.

Somwhere in the past few months, I also played through MechWarrior 4 and all its expansions, Crimson Skies (wish there HAD been an expansion or sequel), and TR:U.

Unfinished games: Far Cry 2 (I got sick and tired of wiping out a check point, going forward about 100 yards, heading back, and having to fight the battle all over again. I will most likely never play that one again)

Independence War 2 (stopped playing because that was about the time my old comp was starting to act up - haven't been in the mood to pick it back up yet)

Looking forward to: DX3, Dragon Age: Origins (spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series, as I understand it), and really, not much else. I WAS looking forward to the expansion for World in Conflict, but it doesn't seem like it's all that good - basically WiC in Soviet uniforms, meaning the weapons and equipment are no different than the American counterparts.

Originally Posted by MaxxQ1
    I know exactly what you mean. I currently have 43 games installed on my comp, along with all my music, pics, and a bunch of other stuff, and I STILL have over a terabyte of free space on my HDD. That'll drop sometime soon though, once I start back up on some 3D modeling projects I was working on last year.

On topic:

Currently playing The Witcher (Enhanced Edition).

Last game played: Pharoah (and yet again, have yet to finish it and the Cleopatra expansion - ten freaking YEARS, and I've never finished both)

Last game finished: Fallout 3 with no mods. I'm also about halfway through the main storyline on my second playthrough with a couple of minor weapons tweaking mods, and a levelling mod to slow things down a bit.

Somwhere in the past few months, I also played through MechWarrior 4 and all its expansions, Crimson Skies (wish there HAD been an expansion or sequel), and TR:U.

Unfinished games: Far Cry 2 (I got sick and tired of wiping out a check point, going forward about 100 yards, heading back, and having to fight the battle all over again. I will most likely never play that one again)

Independence War 2 (stopped playing because that was about the time my old comp was starting to act up - haven't been in the mood to pick it back up yet)

Looking forward to: DX3, Dragon Age: Origins (spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series, as I understand it), and really, not much else. I WAS looking forward to the expansion for World in Conflict, but it doesn't seem like it's all that good - basically WiC in Soviet uniforms, meaning the weapons and equipment are no different than the American counterparts.
    Good god, how big is your HDD? Or do you have mutliple drives?

Currently playing:

King Kong, XB360
    Prince of Persia, PC
    Mario Galaxy
    Metal Gear Solid 3, PS2

Started but on hold:

Dead Space
    TRU
    Mass Effect
    Fallout 3
    Banjo N&B
    Okami

Would like to spend time on:

Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, oldies, PS1 and indies.

Waiting for:

Batman: Arkham Asylum Impressions (EIDOS IS BAAAACK !!!)
    ARMA 2
    Mafia 2
    "The year is 2027"

Originally Posted by Mr. K
    Good god, how big is your HDD? Or do you have mutliple drives?
    It's a 1.5tb 7200rpm from either Western Digital or Seagate (can't remember, but the funny thing is, whichever company it WASN'T has just come out with a 2tb HDD). Anyway, whichever one it was, it only cost US$139.95 at Microcenter. That was back in mid-January, but I think that price is pretty much the going rate right now. Can't much beat less than a buck a gig.

OTOH, I also have three other hard drives totalling just over 400gb - left over from my last comp that was acting up.

I remember when I got my first comp and was suprised as hell when I filled the 1gb HDD that came with it...

I recently started up another game of Baldur's Gate 2 (like my 40th) because I got all nostalgic after beating Storm of Zehir.

I was massively disappointed in Dawn of War 2. Waaaaay too dumbed down

I played through Thief 2X: Shadows of the Metal Age for the first time about a week ago. VERY good mod. Three thumbs up.

I installed and tried out Prince of Persia, but only got about five hours into it before I realized that it wasn't going to get any better. If you really like PoP games, then go ahead and play it, but otherwise don't bother.

On that same note, I've heard some pretty bad things about Fear 2, so I've crossed that one off of my list.

I'm thinking about getting Empire Total War at some point. Looks good.

I'm psyched about sooo many games:
    • HL2: Ep 3
    • DX3
    • Max Payne 3
    • Chronicles of Ridd ick: Assault on Dark Athena
    • Starcraft 2
    • Diablo 3
    • BioShock 2
    • Mass Effect 2
    • Dragon Age: Origins
    • Alpa Protocol
    • And a bunch of mods

Also, I want Thief 4 and Elder Scrolls V
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Fallout 3 is the only thing lately to catch my fancy. I'm hoping that Diablo 3 is good though.

As far as past games, here's a big shout out to the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942. I miss my snuggly widdle T-72.

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Installed Deadly Shadows (again) yesterday....I really want to like it because I've heard so much about The Cradle, but I just can't get into it.
    You have the high res textures, right? The game is more enjoyable when you're not staring at a muddy mess all the time.

Originally Posted by GmanPro
    I recently started up another game of Baldur's Gate 2 (like my 40th) because I got all nostalgic after beating Storm of Zehir.
    How was Storm? I've got it, but haven't played it yet, as I want to start from the beginning again.

Originally Posted by MaxxQ1
    How was Storm? I've got it, but haven't played it yet, as I want to start from the beginning again.
    Its fun. Although you've gotta really enjoy D&D and 3.5 ed. character building to get the most effect. The story aspects are weak, but they make up for it with a huge amount of customization with the various classes. Especially seeing as you can customize not just one dude but an entire party. Its sort of like Diablo games in that sense (only better ). People don't really play Diablo for the story, they play it so they can make epic characters.

Oh and it gets +10 points because Alexander Brandon does the voice of Volo
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Page 1 of 139 123451151101 ... Last