View Poll Results: Do you want a Lara's Shadow Doppelgänger Full game, on all platforms too?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Doppel the fun!

143 65.90%
  • No! Lara's going to be jealous!

74 34.10%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lara's Shadow: Aura in the Dark

maybe you should point your requests to microsoft as the extra levels wee commisioned by them.
    Tuna, the chicken of the sea.

i think it would be nice to see a game where you could play as both of them through two different story lines that are intertwined. but i still think she needs to die at some point. two lara's is creepy.

Itd be interesting but Id prefer sticking to Lara.
    Should be just her.

I'm really sad that "Beneath the Ashes" and "Lara's Shadow" don't exist for PC (and other platforms, except XBox)

I think it would be cool to do some sort of teamwork game between Lara and her doppelganger

Isn't this sorta like keeping Natla in the games..?
    Ok.. I guess the DG is fun.. but overuse of something (suequels) can get blah

PS Not played DLC or won't.. don't have xbox

Would Lara's Shadow have sold so well if the Doppelganger didn't RULE HER HEAD OFF?! No I would love to see this
    Quote Originally Posted by Belboz View Post
    maybe you should point your requests to microsoft as the extra levels wee commisioned by them.
    Erm... but Eidos made them... we're talking about a game featuring the DG for all platforms, where does Microsoft come into this?

as long as it isn't at the expense of the 'regular' TR, i think it's a good idea! but not with thralls again, i've seen enough of those!

one of the other ideas of them being playable both in different storylines intertwined in one game, is appealing to me also.

but i think eventually the doppelganger snaps and starts hurting/killing innocent people and such (because she's kinda evil, still), Lara has to find a way to take control of the doppelganger again and maybe even kill it or something.
    who knows, maybe not?
    Oh yes, I've always found your ignorance quite amusing...

I really loved Lara's Shadow, just finished it now, the ending was FANTASTIC, very very very satisfying. Just loved it. Seriously, hope to see more of the Doppelganger in the future

No, I think it is fine to play her as a expansion.

LUB

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis3735 View Post
    Doppelganger was fun, but Lara will always take the throne.
    I would not like a full game of DG replacing a new Tomb Raider.
    Agree that
    a new story is better

Before I got the DLC myself, I watched someone play Lara's Shadow live online about six or seven times. Ignoring the fact that the element of exploration is a clear Prince of Persia rip-off, it was amazing to watch and the cutscenes seemed to capture a coldness in the Dopplegänger's character that has been sorely lacking from Lara for a long while now. Then I got the DLC myself and the bubble of awe I had was well & truly burst.

It plays terribly, controlling the Doppelgänger is erratic at best, the combat is shallow and very quickly becomes repetitive and monotonous. And she's next to useless unless she utilises her Shadow Powers, which completely breaks up the gameplay because I have to keep stopping to wait for it to recharge

Based on all that, no, I don't think the Doppelgänger should get her own game. While her character far exceeds that of current day Lara, the gameplay absolutely sucks.

I like the doppelganger but I think it's better still as part of the TRU story. You know, like when you playing Prince of Persia Warrior Within, you play as 'current' prince and sometimes cross path with the 'past' prince

I think it would be nice (since the dopple now has the capability to have her own thinking) that they could do another exspansion pack thing of her adventure that some how again incorperated lara in the adventure as well; where they meet at the end or something. It would be fun to see her return and have a big adventure as well but don't make it a major reacurring thing.

Quote Originally Posted by annebelle86 View Post
    as long as it isn't at the expense of the 'regular' TR, i think it's a good idea! but not with thralls again, i've seen enough of those!

one of the other ideas of them being playable both in different storylines intertwined in one game, is appealing to me also.

but i think eventually the doppelganger snaps and starts hurting/killing innocent people and such (because she's kinda evil, still), Lara has to find a way to take control of the doppelganger again and maybe even kill it or something.
    who knows, maybe not?
    LOVE that story plot line I think that would totally work as a whole game if you think about it. Lara was planning on it choosing to be good but it decides to go the other way and so she has to hunt it down to destroy it once and for all.

Doppelganger

Hey, by all means let's have a full length Lara doppelgagger adventure ON ALL PLATFORMS, but remember that it is a doppelganger NOT Lara - Lara is a white side adventurer at heart who uses violence only when she has to not a dark side 'shoot'em first and ask questions' later girl like her doppelganger. Lara adventures are essentially just that - explorative adventures - rather than violent first-person shoot'em games - PLEASE - let's not deviate too far from the original Lara premise.

Hell yes, after playing Lara's shadow I started to like the Doppelgängere even more then Lara lol.

Doppel will be fun I want this)))

Would just be silly as Lara looks just like doppel anyway.

As much as I enjoyed Doppelgängere Having a spin-off isn't a good idea

I think Eidos is bias because the DLC wasn't release for PC owners and that really ticks me off.

I would like to play the Döppelganger but I really prefer Lara. Because the Döppelganger is just to strong.

I voted yes. At least one game with the doppelganger would be awesome! But there have to be tons of monsters to smash into tiny pieces!! Hordes of mummies & thralls!

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    it'd be nice, but what they could do, is have a main game, but there will be two discs, one for the dopple on her journey, and then the other disc is the main story, so the main cover would say:

TOMB RAIDER
    THE SILVER MIRROR

With two discs! Experience life
    as the dopple lara on a 4 level disc!
    Or play the main story on the 25 lara croft
    disc!

Lol! i would LOVE that! Maybe someone could do it, but make a dopple lara game on trle and transfer to a disc. then make another game of lara in her own game on another disc, put them both in a case designed on xna lol then make a few more copies, one for yourself and the others on sale on ebay!

THAT would be awesome!
    I have voted yes.

I don't know if it should be a full game, but I definitely want to play some more levels as the Doppelgänger. She is awesome!

Maybe they could implement her in the next game (so for every platform). For example when Lara visits a place that is so toxic/cold or whatever it would kill her instantly, she could ask her twin sister for help....

I would really love a Doppel game... She's awesome! I really want to know what she does after LS...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast