View Poll Results: Do you want a Lara's Shadow Doppelgänger Full game, on all platforms too?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Doppel the fun!

143 65.90%
  • No! Lara's going to be jealous!

74 34.10%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lara's Shadow: Aura in the Dark

Yes. Kick some thrall ass!

Maybe impliment the TR:AOD strength increase as yo explore - and have the shadow powers increase or gain strength - and burst length!!

I would like, if it were a game out of the Tomb Raider series.
    Lex'

no, I don't think a dopple game would be a verry good idea. What if it sells better then tomb raider? then it would be bye bye lara

I think instead they should make lara more like the doppleganger
    Dont kill a cow, eat a cowboy.

If saw this poll some weeks ago I would vote NO!, but I now I simply love doppelganger after knowing lara's shadow storyline (which means I can play it cause I have a PS3, what a pity, but that has to be discussed in other treahd, right? )

I think doppelganger could be the protagonis in a spin-of series (jus like was predicted for Kurtis and the devil hunter games, which neve happened), as a spiritual successor to Tomb Raider.

Or, for those who just freak out with thought of lara getting to old for tomb-raiding and eventually she will die of old age, the doppelganger can be the one who will give us amazing adventures after lara.

As long as it's for ALL platforms, not just for one, like that ridiculous DLC... yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they keep the doppelganger as an extra character for REPLAY purposes in the next game (much like an unlockable outfit, but keep her properties and powers as well.....
    I like this idea most.

I'll definately assume that she'll come back in future TRs, either friend or foe. So we haven't seen the last of her.

Maybe just another DLC thing (for ALL), like a mini-game. Mostly because it would disrupt TR and Lara, but I'd rather have a full game.
    Saving is fun, kids! Save constantly.

It would be interesting but I wouldn't like to see it released in place of what would be a TR game.

I think they should just stick to the main platforms, being Xbox 360, PC and PS3. It gives them more time to make the game better and they don't have to spend as much time altering the game to make it suitable for all platforms
    "Always a pleasure"

Wink Lara and her doppel together?

I would love to play a game where the skills of both could be used at different times in the game; I would love for Lara/Doppel to be in a game where the many aspects of exploration are used, ie: caves, mansions, etc. scary things like ghosts or like in one of the games start where she is in trouble from the first second of play.
    Lara is so good at what she does, but there would be times for Doppel to take over, like in a boss guy fight, she could be both like in the Incredible Hulk, enough rage could turn her into the fighting machine Doppel is.
    Lara really is all about exploration, and I would like to see her find an incredible cave that she is dropped into, perhaps through a landslide, and she needs to find the secret of the civilization that is living there, and to find her way back out.
    Lara is so versatile these days, please give her great games to satisfy her/our need to seek the unattainable.
    *Time is the eternal fire in which we all burn*

This poll may as well just be aimed at xbox 360 owners, because the majority of tru owners who have a ps3 have probably never even seen the dlc. Perhaps before they consider a doppel game they can put this dlc onto ps3. Anyway that is a different matter, from what i hear the lara shadow dlc is really good and i like the idea of a sort of side game that is like lara with increased abilities that she couldn't do if she were just a regular person, but i also don't want them to stop the tomb raider series so it is a tough question.

I agree with you about the 360, I have a ps2 and a pc, I'm playing TR Underworld right now,they should have made the doppel game for all platforms at the same time, just because 360 is the most expensive gaming machine is no excuse, most people play TR on the original platform, so the creators are not being fair only biased towards the 360.
    I really enjoy TR, it was the first pc game we ever bought, and it is still my favorite.
    The pc is the original platform for TR, and IT is the most expensive platform, so come on people, anything new for Lara should always come on the pc first.
    TR made her debut in 1996 on the PC, the best selling game of all time, way to go Lara, so those of us who have seen the original Lara know how much she has grown, her looks, the game style, her moves,etc., we love you Lara<3
    *Time is the eternal fire in which we all burn*

Quote Originally Posted by Danica55 View Post
    I really enjoy TR, it was the first pc game we ever bought, and it is still my favorite.
    The pc is the original platform for TR, and IT is the most expensive platform, so come on people, anything new for Lara should always come on the pc first.
    TR made her debut in 1996 on the PC, the best selling game of all time, way to go Lara, so those of us who have seen the original Lara know how much she has grown, her looks, the game style, her moves,etc., we love you Lara<3
    I Agree!!!
    And no, I don't want a full game with Lara's Doppelganger, in fact I don't want her at all (the doppelganger), once was quite enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Danica55 View Post
    I agree with you about the 360, I have a ps2 and a pc, I'm playing TR Underworld right now,they should have made the doppel game for all platforms at the same time, just because 360 is the most expensive gaming machine is no excuse, most people play TR on the original platform, so the creators are not being fair only biased towards the 360.
    No, I'm sure TR first came on the Play Station and the Sega satin.
    I'm sure p.c isn't correct.

Quote Originally Posted by John Carter View Post
    I would like a full Doppelganger game, but as a realist I don't think we will get more than one or the other, so I regretfully have to vote no. I don't want the dopple replacing Lara, and, well, as a superhuman ability type, that's quite possible given the current market, IMO.

That said, I would like to see the doppleganger appear in a major way in a future TR title, I'd even go so far as to say half Lara/half Doppleganger. I'd like to see the D figure out who/what she is and develop as a character in an interesting way. And yes, I do agree, she needs to learn to walk gracefully instead of with her current near-simian swagger.
    Gotta agree with realism huh

New game designed by Square Enix

Hey guys and girls,

I voted yes, I really really loved and still love the DLC, I´m still 2 achievements short ( the time trials )

BUT what I´m really looking forward to, is seeing what Square Enix will do if they release a new Tomb Raider game.

I so whant to see these game on PC.Because I think it's not fair that Lara's Shadow only on XBox.

maybe the doppelganger should go on a wee adventure back to the other side of those portals and brings back her mummy!!! I still want Lara to have her mum back I mean for gods sake... everyone she's loved has died apart from zip!! Least she got some tainted joy out of sending her shadow to kill that beatch Natla.

If Doppelganger's add-on is a really good surprise considering the evolution involved regarding the gameplay, level design etc. from the original game, I wouldn't think it would worth a fullgame. Or if so, it would require a lot of game design adjustments and finalizations (I mean to become a kicking reference in the action/plateform realm which has already some heavy standards God of War / Devil May Cry / Ninja Gaiden / etc. not an easy task to challenge those ones eh).
    My 2 cents though.

As much as I enjoyed playing the doppelganger I had to vote no. While it would be nice to have a doppel game along with another tomb raider game, the reality is that it would be one or the other and I would much rather see the devs focus on the next Tomb Raider game.

It would be fun and that's why i voted yes

I voted yes by mistake. The Doppleganger died in TRU after being pushed of the cliff into the eithr. She should not come back. Neither should Natla.
    "Cheese is nice. Practically perfect in every way." And no, I DIDN'T STEAL THAT FROM MARY POPPINS!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese is nice. View Post
    I voted yes by mistake. The Doppleganger died in TRU after being pushed of the cliff into the eithr. She should not come back. Neither should Natla.
    ??? I'm guessing you haven't played or seen anything from Lara's Shadow then...??? The Doppelganger never died, she survived the fall (and she didn't even fall into the eitr, she fell on the ground beside it) and neither did Natla (somehow that frickin Godzilla woman survived after all those times Lara "killed" her!).....well until the Doppelganger finally finished her off. So yes, Natla is dead (thank god), but the Doppelganger is definitely 100% alive....Really sorry if you didn't know that yet, and you didn't want that to be spoiled for you, but I don't feel the need to put spoiler tags around it, as both DLCs came out months ago.
    I wouldn't mind the Doppelganger making another appearance in the next game, or maybe even playing a greater character to the game, but I most certainly do not want her to take on such a huge role that she gets her own adventure. Once was enough for the Doppelganger to have her spotlight, but now it's gotta go back to Lara. If the Doppelganger were to be a friend of Lara's, and if she were to fight with her, I would not at all be content with it. I mean, sure, maybe she doesn't try to kill her anymore, that'd be fine, but really, I don't want her to become a little sidekick of Lara's, because that's just not the way she works. Lara would never do anything like that, the only time she ever had anything close to a partner is either with Kurtis in AoD (but that's completely different lol) or Zip and Alister, which might not even count because they only provided information for her, in Legend/Underworld, and Zip, alone, in Chronicles. Lara's always been the independent individual, that's what she's all about. Being isolated in her exploits, with nothing but her intelligence, skills, and wits to survive. She doesn't need anyone tagging along behind her, or worse, pushing her around.
    The Doppelganger could maybe even become another friend-turned-foe (or technically speaking, foe-turned-friend-turned-foe :-P) in the next game, I don't honestly care which side she is on, as long as she doesn't take away the spotlight from Lara anymore. Lara is, and always will be, the main protagonist of the Tomb Raider franchise, and I don't think the Doppelganger should have her own game, because, like already said earlier, it may outshine the original TR line.
    So to sum it up: include Doppy in another game, but instead Lara kicks her as$ (when necessary), Doppy fades back into background again, Lara stays the main character and the Doppelganger goes bye-bye. (no offense to the Doppy, she's wicked cool with her abilites and all, and I bow down to her for finally ending that frickin Atlantean's days with us...) It was nice, and extremely fun, to have that small taste of what it would be like as the Doppelganger for a while, but really, eventually she has to go.
    Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelynHowe View Post
    maybe the doppelganger should go on a wee adventure back to the other side of those portals and brings back her mummy!!! I still want Lara to have her mum back I mean for gods sake... everyone she's loved has died apart from zip!! Least she got some tainted joy out of sending her shadow to kill that beatch Natla.
    haha, yes, I completely agree with that. I mean, I couldn't even begin to imagine how much pain she'd be going through after all her loved ones had died, it's awful. Still not sure if I want Lara to try and find yet another way to bring her mother back, but now that she knows the truth, she can't do anything about it. I think it's about time for her to let go, no matter how hard it may be, but she has to move on and find another goal.

Quote Originally Posted by PoLuna View Post
    I so whant to see these game on PC.Because I think it's not fair that Lara's Shadow only on XBox.
    My god, I agree 100%! I can never figure out why the hell they only released them for 360! It's terribly unfair, and next time they do something like that, they should release a download on this site for the PC players, because...well, every person on this entire forum should have a PC, (because otherwise you couldn't go on the forum! :-P) so it makes the most sense to let us play the DLCs for the PC. Later on when they have time, they should create PC versions of LS and BtA, for the rest of us who do not have a 360.
    Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by trjunepearl View Post
    ??? I'm guessing you haven't played or seen anything from Lara's Shadow then...??? The Doppelganger never died, she survived the fall (and she didn't even fall into the eitr, she fell on the ground beside it) and neither did Natla (somehow that frickin Godzilla woman survived after all those times Lara "killed" her!).....well until the Doppelganger finally finished her off. So yes, Natla is dead (thank god), but the Doppelganger is definitely 100% alive....Really sorry if you didn't know that yet, and you didn't want that to be spoiled for you, but I don't feel the need to put spoiler tags around it, as both DLCs came out months ago.
    I wouldn't mind the Doppelganger making another appearance in the next game, or maybe even playing a greater character to the game, but I most certainly do not want her to take on such a huge role that she gets her own adventure. Once was enough for the Doppelganger to have her spotlight, but now it's gotta go back to Lara. If the Doppelganger were to be a friend of Lara's, and if she were to fight with her, I would not at all be content with it. I mean, sure, maybe she doesn't try to kill her anymore, that'd be fine, but really, I don't want her to become a little sidekick of Lara's, because that's just not the way she works. Lara would never do anything like that, the only time she ever had anything close to a partner is either with Kurtis in AoD (but that's completely different lol) or Zip and Alister, which might not even count because they only provided information for her, in Legend/Underworld, and Zip, alone, in Chronicles. Lara's always been the independent individual, that's what she's all about. Being isolated in her exploits, with nothing but her intelligence, skills, and wits to survive. She doesn't need anyone tagging along behind her, or worse, pushing her around.
    The Doppelganger could maybe even become another friend-turned-foe (or technically speaking, foe-turned-friend-turned-foe :-P) in the next game, I don't honestly care which side she is on, as long as she doesn't take away the spotlight from Lara anymore. Lara is, and always will be, the main protagonist of the Tomb Raider franchise, and I don't think the Doppelganger should have her own game, because, like already said earlier, it may outshine the original TR line.
    So to sum it up: include Doppy in another game, but instead Lara kicks her as$ (when necessary), Doppy fades back into background again, Lara stays the main character and the Doppelganger goes bye-bye. (no offense to the Doppy, she's wicked cool with her abilites and all, and I bow down to her for finally ending that frickin Atlantean's days with us...) It was nice, and extremely fun, to have that small taste of what it would be like as the Doppelganger for a while, but really, eventually she has to go.
    I side with you. Dopplehoe's gotta go. (Yay! I rhymed! Tee Hee!!)
    "Cheese is nice. Practically perfect in every way." And no, I DIDN'T STEAL THAT FROM MARY POPPINS!

I think a game like that would take away from Lara, but it would be fun to play as the Doppleganger every once in a while or have her as villian.

Anything else than X-Box?

I want to ask u if Lara's shadow and Beneath the Ashes r for PC.....?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast