Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Don't worry about it. I don't offend easy ^_^.

Just because some fans are only looking forward to one or two games doesn't make them any less of a fan. I mean I am only looking forward to from Square:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix
    Final Fantasy Type-0
    Hitman: Absolution

Does that make me less of a fan? Just because I dont look forward to every single release and buy every single game doesn't make me less of a Square fan. It just means that I want to spend money on games that I truly enjoy and will enjoy playing. Some people like every game they release and that's fine but that doesn't make the fans who don't like some of the games less of a fan .

Catch my drift?

Think about it like this:

If they weren't true fans or really didn't not care about Square Enix, do you think they would come on here and take their time to let Square know how they feel or think. Some food for thought .

Originally Posted by Fat Squeek

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

We only know that Versus XIII is farther along than Lightning Returns at the moment. But that can change quickly if LR has a bigger staff than Versus. My best guess accounting from everything said by Square, Nomura, Kitase and Wada I would guess Versus is 80% done will LR at this point maybe 35%-40% done. I say this with 90% certainty. So the fact that Versus isn't getting priority is a bit strange.

Does anyone even know if Square is aware that the world wants Versus? Real question...

They probably are. The fact that they responded to the cancellation rumor and said at the 25th Anniversary of Final Fantasy:

"Please wait for his turn."

Makes that very likely. They would have said absolutely nothing if they thought that the world didn't give much about Versus XIII, or they might not have even developed in on a large-ass scale.

Don't worry about it. I don't offend easy ^_^. Just because some fans are only looking forward to one or two games doesn't make them any less of a fan. I mean I am only looking forward to from Square:
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix
    Final Fantasy Type-0
    Hitman: Absolution

Does that make me less of a fan? Just because I dont look forward to every single release and buy every single game doesn't make me less of a Square fan. It just means that I want to spend money on games that I truly enjoy and will enjoy playing. Some people like every game they release and that's fine but that doesn't make the fans who don't like some of the games less of a fan . Catch my drift?

And Tomb Raider, pretty interested in that. All of these games are behind most of the mobile cluster bandwagon Square Enix set up for us. To date, I have gotten none of these games. Not that I'm not interested in them, but there are a bunch of factors: price, compatability, and the idea that most people did not expect most of these games from Square Enix, that keep me from wanting to get them.

Truth of the matter is that Square Enix will never get as much as mobile games like Temple Run and Angry Birds got. They should not put this ahead of the games that we actually want.

We're not less of Square fans, but rather since this idea is pretty much not a "Square" idea.

Think about it like this: If they weren't true fans or really didn't not care about Square Enix, do you think they would come on here and take their time to let Square know how they feel or think. Some food for thought .

That would...be pretty stupid.

To date (09-25-2012) there is no release date info to give.

First post will be updated accordingly when we get new info.

Of course I'm not a fan. I don't take games seriously enough to be called something like that. Just because I know a thing or two about SQUARE ENIX and their games does not mean that I am that into them. I am nothing but a story connoisseur.

...I may have written more than 1,090 posts here in this forum, but I am still not a fan...

I'm just productive and trying to do what I can (when I have the time to spare, that is) to show my appreciation for being a part of this site, just like anyone else.

When is Jump Festa? I completely forgot about that event until now. Maybe we'll see something then?

Next Era: December 22-23.

www.jumpfesta.com/

Jump Festa:

12/22/12 & 12/23/12

Primus.

Oh man I really hope we get something decent there...

Always one step ahead Grimoire. One step ahead.

Maybe it is delayed because they changed the engine and working with a new technology!

I think the next time we see Final Fantasy Versus XIII it should be different.

Final Fantasy versus XIII was announced six years ago! so I guess that mean they were using an old engine?

Apparently the technology and game engines today are way better than before….

Take MGS ground zeroes for example, the real time graphics are obviously better than MGS 4….

So I expect Final Fantasy Versus XIII will show us better graphics next time we see it, or new features.

Although I have no problem with the graphics, they are awesome!

(I understand that FF is different than MGS. Because normally FF graphics should not feel 100 % real,but it should feel more fantasy …in other words we can describe it as distorted realism.so I’m not comparing it to MGS.)

As I was browsing around I found this video:

www.gametrailers.com/videos/dzzl2h/gt-co...

8 - Final Fantasy

It seems that journalists are becoming bitter towards the series too. Its a shame and I hope that changes soon.

However I did find this:

www.techmaish.com/top-10-most-anticipate...

Three Square games in the top 5 so theres that .

I really can't afford another console...I really do hope it comes out this gen.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is the only FF title I was excited for this generation and it's disappointing that it still isn't out yet. Say whatever you negative nannies want, you don't go announcing a new title and then stall development on the game for 6 long years. (Look what happened to Ragnarok Online 2. What's that? Yeah, exactly.) Back when they were Squaresoft, they didn't do things this way. They focused on one thing (RPGs) and they were darn good at it.

Now that they're SquareEnix they've spread themselves on so many titles (RPG and whatnot) that the FF fanbase is getting tired of how things are being run now. They made FFXIII-2 (and soon to be FFXIII-3) to fix what they did wrong with the first FFXIII (a game being FF in name only which would've been more successful with a different title), which showed that they've strayed too far from fan expectations. The release of FFXIV was a total flop (even if they did fix it now, the damage to the fanbase is already done). In the days of Squaresoft, when they made mistakes in one title, they fix them in the next title. The previous Final Fantasy titles didn't get sequels to fix what was wrong in them; what makes FFXIII so special? Why are they trying so hard to get so many people to adore this universe?

Perhaps if SquareEnix wasn't so focused on getting people to like FFXIII, Versus XIII would be out by now.

Going back to the original post, we actually did get somewhat small updates on Versus XIII about a month ago.

Nomura says he'll show the future of Final Fantasy soon: www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3436

Nomura sketches Noctis for FF's 25th anniversary: www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3366

Shinji Hashimoto leaves twitter to focus more on game development and says Versus XIII is turning out to be amazing: www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3324

So while they haven't released any new media, they've certainly talked about the game in some form or another. The time for a full reveal will come when it comes.

Versus XIII please be worth this long wait......please

8 - Final Fantasy

It seems that journalists are becoming bitter towards the series too. Its a shame and I hope that changes soon.

I don't see it that way. Really. If you play close attention to the vid you see them talking what is wrong with every franchise, but the only franchise that they admit that can get together is Final Fantasy. Because it can. Game journalists, at least most of them, were gamers before turning into journalists. They love games as much as anybody. And, while RPG/JRPG isn't as trending as it was back in the 90's, most of the journalists played it during childhood/teenage and care about the genre, specially, care about Final Fantasy. I'm not saying there isn't bad journalists out there, there's a ton. But what I see, in every forum/sites that I go to is that everybody, journalists and gamers, is tired from the way SE is handling things. No news about Versus, no type-0 localization, FF XIV fiasco etc. Sure there are people whom doesn't play JRPG anymore, because of all the anime stuff. Well, I don't play plataformers anymore, tastes change overtime. The thing is, people, in general, want SE to get it together and move on from this cursed seventh generation and deliver the awesome games with that particular magic that only they can do. Meanwhile, the only thing that we can do is joke about it: "Versus will be released in 2020 after FF XIII: part 10" Like this is even funny. People are just tired. Get it together SE.

P.S.: I didn't include FF XIII above because there is "nothing" wrong with it. Sure it isn't a perfect game, but which game is? And, the haters, every Final Fantasy have a bunch of them, some more, some less, but they are out there. People are still talking about it, because it's part of what FF is. Damn, I think that some people just play new FF to talk about what is wrong with the game. I kinda did something like this from 8 to 10. Since FF XIV is a MMO it doesn't get all that hate, even though it deserves more hate, for it's release, than XIII does. But the thing is, as soon as Versus or XV is released people will forget about XIII and there will be a lot of haters towards the next game. I can even bet that, even if Versus is more well recieved than XIII, it will have more haters than XIII. I'm calling it. Nomura has this ability of atracting haters that is magical, because, you know, belts and zippers.

Originally Posted by Fire

Going back to the original post, we actually did get somewhat small updates on Versus XIII about a month ago.

Nomura says he'll show the future of Final Fantasy soon: www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3436

Nomura sketches Noctis for FF's 25th anniversary: www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3366

Shinji Hashimoto leaves twitter to focus more on game development and says Versus XIII is turning out to be amazing: www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3324

So while they haven't released any new media, they've certainly talked about the game in some form or another. The time for a full reveal will come when it comes.

I have read all that but it isn't very substantial in the grand scheme of things. They have been saying the same things over and over again in a very round about way. They talk about it and it keeps my hope that Versus XIII hasn't been canceled (even so I hope NA Square will localize the game......) but six and a half years after the fact we still dont have any substance. Even after the awesome 2011 trailer it still has been almost two years since that trailer. I know they are scared of cannibalization of games but that is just silly in my mind. Final Fantasy MMO players and Single player players (lol) are two very different gamers. And even if they do like playing all the Final Fantasy games than there is nothing to worry about because they will buy all the games.

Point is, at this point, its silly to not have Nomura and Hashimoto talk about a game that they have put almost a decade into. They both seem like they are on the edge of just telling us everything. Nomura even said last September that they already had an event ready to show off the game. A year later and we still hear nothing. I think its time to let Nomura and Hashimoto loose and talk about Versus XIII. They seem like they can barely hold it in anyways.

Originally Posted by Vitor

8 - Final Fantasy

I don't see it that way. Really. If you play close attention to the vid you see them talking what is wrong with every franchise, but the only franchise that they admit that can get together is Final Fantasy. Because it can. Game journalists, at least most of them, were gamers before turning into journalists. They love games as much as anybody. And, while RPG/JRPG isn't as trending as it was back in the 90's, most of the journalists played it during childhood/teenage and care about the genre, specially, care about Final Fantasy. I'm not saying there isn't bad journalists out there, there's a ton. But what I see, in every forum/sites that I go to is that everybody, journalists and gamers, is tired from the way SE is handling things. No news about Versus, no type-0 localization, FF XIV fiasco etc. Sure there are people whom doesn't play JRPG anymore, because of all the anime stuff. Well, I don't play plataformers anymore, tastes change overtime. The thing is, people, in general, want SE to get it together and move on from this cursed seventh generation and deliver the awesome games with that particular magic that only they can do. Meanwhile, the only thing that we can do is joke about it: "Versus will be released in 2020 after FF XIII: part 10" Like this is even funny. People are just tired. Get it together SE.

P.S.: I didn't include FF XIII above because there is "nothing" wrong with it. Sure it isn't a perfect game, but which game is? And, the haters, every Final Fantasy have a bunch of them, some more, some less, but they are out there. People are still talking about it, because it's part of what FF is. Damn, I think that some people just play new FF to talk about what is wrong with the game. I kinda did something like this from 8 to 10. Since FF XIV is a MMO it doesn't get all that hate, even though it deserves more hate, for it's release, than XIII does. But the thing is, as soon as Versus or XV is released people will forget about XIII and there will be a lot of haters towards the next game. I can even bet that, even if Versus is more well recieved than XIII, it will have more haters than XIII. I'm calling it. Nomura has this ability of atracting haters that is magical, because, you know, belts and zippers.

Lol belts and zippers. But honestly belts and zippers make some of these characters that much more aesthetically pleasing. Nomura knows what he's doing. He's only been creating everyones favorite characters at Square Enix forever! Could you imagine Cloud, Sora, Sepheroph, Roxas, Tidus, Squall, Lightning, Yuna, Tifa, Vincent, Riku or Auron looking any better than what Nomura already did? Yeah didnt think so.

Lol belts and zippers. But honestly belts and zippers make some of these characters that much more aesthetically pleasing. Nomura knows what he's doing. He's only been creating everyones favorite characters at Square Enix forever! Could you imagine Cloud, Sora, Sepheroph, Roxas, Tidus, Squall, Lightning, Yuna, Tifa, Vincent, Riku or Auron looking any better than what Nomura already did? Yeah didnt think so.

I do love Nomura designs. I'm just saying what haters say. TWEWY is proof that Nomura is a very capable designer. Also, the Keyblades and hidden messagens in characters clothes that he uses a lot in KH. Well, he has a degree in design, he knows what he's doing. But, even so, sometimes he kinda of overdo things I rest my case with one picture:
    images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912250...

P.S.: I love Lulu's design, but, that's just too many belts :P

Nomura: "Final Fantasy Versus XIII development is progressing, so please wait for a followup report."

gematsu.com/2012/10/nomura-talks-kingdom...

Hhhmmmmm..... I like everything he said except the "wait" part ;p. Hopefully this follow up report will be soon. And by soon I mean in the next 4 months not a year from now ;p.

So what's that about Lightning's return if they still are working on Versus? =.=

all i want is final fantasy all over the place......even on my pizza

Page 83 of 99 First First ... 337379808182838485868793 ... Last